PDA

View Full Version : Understeer 1, ovals 2

Skrillex
14-10-2017, 20:43
I am a Iracer been one since 2010 so I am no rookie when it comes to Sims. I have a g29 wheel and play on pc. Two things I have noticed so far. In career mode my formula a car just simply does not turn I lose 4 seconds a lap because I have to slow down so much to get the car to turn.

The ovals in this game are unplayable. OK correction two of the three are unplayable. Daytona is fine just crazy hard AI. But Texas and indy with the fusion I can't even make turn one. I can run them fine in iracing with a cup car but not in pcars 2. I go straight to the wall every time. The point of this game was to run both road and oval races without having to switch games. But I am still switching games because ovals are so bad here. The cars do not turn at all and the walls are magnetic. Is there a fix for this in the works?

RacingAtHome
14-10-2017, 21:03
I am a Iracer been one since 2010 so I am no rookie when it comes to Sims. I have a g29 wheel and play on pc. Two things I have noticed so far. In career mode my formula a car just simply does not turn I lose 4 seconds a lap because I have to slow down so much to get the car to turn.

The ovals in this game are unplayable. OK correction two of the three are unplayable. Daytona is fine just crazy hard AI. But Texas and indy with the fusion I can't even make turn one. I can run them fine in iracing with a cup car but not in pcars 2. I go straight to the wall every time. The point of this game was to run both road and oval races without having to switch games. But I am still switching games because ovals are so bad here. The cars do not turn at all and the walls are magnetic. Is there a fix for this in the works?

They're 1500kg with low downforce.

Also, these are 2 different games so of course they're going to be different. For all we know, iRacing could be completely wrong.

DECATUR PLAYA
14-10-2017, 22:53

Did a lot of tuning at Texas for the Stock Car. The default setup is the pits. I could only get a 35 second lap out of the car. As I got deep into tuning I was able to get the car to rotate much better for the turns and was able to get down to 31 second laps. I think I can make it even better with more tuning work. Should be able to run a 28 to 29 sec lap at least.

Haven't tried at Indy yet Texas was a handful.

Skrillex
14-10-2017, 23:35
First @racingAtHome. So your trying to say that iracing, and Rfactor2 are both completely wrong when they are to top two Sims in the world hey?! Good theory but I will say pcars2 is the one that is wrong.

@Decatur, although I have raced in iracing for 7 years I always do fixed setups because I couldn't tell you the frost thing about setting up a car. So if I have to create a setup on pcars2 to run at a simple track like Texas then I am out.

DECATUR PLAYA
15-10-2017, 01:19
First @racingAtHome. So your trying to say that iracing, and Rfactor2 are both completely wrong when they are to top two Sims in the world hey?! Good theory but I will say pcars2 is the one that is wrong.

@Decatur, although I have raced in iracing for 7 years I always do fixed setups because I couldn't tell you the frost thing about setting up a car. So if I have to create a setup on pcars2 to run at a simple track like Texas then I am out.

They did a pretty good job with most of the games default setups this is 1 that they just may have gotten wrong but they listen and they will fix it. The Daytona setup and racing is really good to me I have not been able to make it much better. If they can get the Texas and Indy setup a little better I think you will see it shine. The Indy car setup at Indy is spot on so I know they get the Stock Car there. It's just not rotating well into the corner right now. Even with my tune it's a complicated drive because you have to use the throttle to get the car to rotate out of the turns.

JDFSSS
15-10-2017, 01:29

You could always check the time trial leaderboard and take a setup you like from the fastest times. Just make sure you adjust the radiator opening so that you don't overheat in a race environment. Alternatively, you could simply read the tips on the screen in the setup menu and learn it yourself if you're up for the challenge. There should be enough information to allow you to become competent at making changes to the setup.

DECATUR PLAYA
15-10-2017, 01:37
You could always check the time trial leaderboard and take a setup you like from the fastest times. Just make sure you adjust the radiator opening so that you don't overheat in a race environment. Alternatively, you could simply read the tips on the screen in the setup menu and learn it yourself if you're up for the challenge. There should be enough information to allow you to become competent at making changes to the setup.

How do you get setups from time trials. Been trying to figure this out. Is it just time trials because I was trying to do it in the community event.

McKiernan
15-10-2017, 01:53
How do you get setups from time trials. Been trying to figure this out. Is it just time trials because I was trying to do it in the community event.

Choose a car to race against as a ghost and then you'll receive that set up.

Skrillex
15-10-2017, 03:37

I would love to learn how to setup. My issue is time. I only get two nights a week I can even turn my PC on due to work and family. So a setup that is pretty close out of the box works for me. A car I have to spend hours trying to tune does not. I know that aspect is not pcars2 problem that is my issue. But if they could help me out by getting default setups close to decent I could deal with that.