PDA

View Full Version : Reducing torque steer?

TheGoodLife
15-10-2017, 02:42
Can someone help me reduce torque steering on the Corvette Z06? The car pulls to the left quite a bit, I imagine torque steering is the culprit, correct? What options should I explore changing and why? Thank you in advance!

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 10:52
Can someone help me reduce torque steering on the Corvette Z06? The car pulls to the left quite a bit, I imagine torque steering is the culprit, correct? What options should I explore changing and why? Thank you in advance!

Sorry you are not getting a lot of responses, there are not many running the Z06 yet. I just made a 1st run myself, Loose set up Silverstone National. The car doesn't torque steer but I did notice if you are not on the correct tire it will steer oddly. For instance at the ambient temperature for National the "hard" tires will make the car feel like its meandering lazily down the road, it's only a second or so slower but not a planted feeling you would expect in a sports car. When you get "manual" control look at you tire temperatures, if they are at 140F then run a lap and start adjusting your pressures a little once you have a tire selection you like. I am using a wheel. I attempted to make the car pull left. I adjusted the brake bias to 52/48 and was really abusive in my braking and in one corner I managed to pull slightly left by braking while on the curbing but nothing uncontrollable. The default is 58/42 for brake bias. Still, I can't make the car "pulls to the left quite a bit" to replicate your problem, sorry. Maybe someone else will come to help.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 11:12
On PC the Z06 is in the mix with the other Road C cars. The McLaren 570S looks tough though.

TheGoodLife
15-10-2017, 18:59
Thanks blinkngone. Turns out there’s was an odd glitch with my PS4 pad where I had to resync, and the hard left steering stopped after doing so. But I appreciate the in-depth answer. My biggest hurdle with the Z06 is how twitchy the back end is if you’re non super sensitive on throttle.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 20:03
Thanks blinkngone. Turns out there’s was an odd glitch with my PS4 pad where I had to resync, and the hard left steering stopped after doing so. But I appreciate the in-depth answer. My biggest hurdle with the Z06 is how twitchy the back end is if you’re non super sensitive on throttle.

Hi, glad you sorted your pad. I couldn't make it twitch but I am on default except for bias and using a wheel. Maybe some body can help you with the twitchy back end. What setup are you using?

TheGoodLife
15-10-2017, 22:12
Hi, glad you sorted your pad. I couldn't make it twitch but I am on default except for bias and using a wheel. Maybe some body can help you with the twitchy back end. What setup are you using?

I’m using the Stable preset. Yeah, I just need to figure out how to the back tires to grip properly with all the power going to the them, as even the slightest bit over the throttle causes them spin or struggle to find grip out of the corner. Or maybe it’s simply that I don’t know how to handle the car. Too much car for me, I guess. Lol. Again, thanks for the help.

ATSS
19-10-2017, 06:37
how you resynched? im on pc but have exactly the same issue with fast sport cars; Road B-C..