PDA

View Full Version : BAC Mono extremely difficult to drive in rain

tpw
15-10-2017, 05:01
With pCars2 most cars are an absolute joy to drive in the rain. Those with actual wet tyres have quite decent levels of grip, those using track tyres slide around enjoyably. The BAC Mono though, with its track tyres, is practically undriveable once the track is wet. Compared to the similarly powerful Caterham 620R with track tyres, the Mono has almost no cornering grip and it is almost impossible to put any power down in any gear, even in a straight line. Basically it feels like itís on one of the snow/ice tracks, and itís almost impossible to compete against AI in the same car.

I thought Iíd ask whether this anomalous wet weather behaviour is a design decision, or a possible bug - maybe the Mono receives an inappropriate grip multiplier in the wet?

If it is intended behaviour, can anyone recommend a tyre setting that makes the Mono even slightly driveable in the wet?

Cheers to the devs, the more I play PC2 the more impressed I am with most it!

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2017, 08:13
You might be on to something here. :)

Spa
28/8/2016 @1400
1 weather slot "rain"
31 AI (default strength)
Untouched default setup

Automatically assigned tyres are "Track." They are close to my presumptions of grip on most of the first lap, as in they are OK if you are soft on throttle application and take corners at conservative speeds. But soon, most corners have to be taken in 2nd gear to have a chance of remaining stable and the tyre temps drop very low, I'm way off the pace of the AI.

Doug914
15-10-2017, 10:25
With pCars2 most cars are an absolute joy to drive in the rain. Those with actual wet tyres have quite decent levels of grip, those using track tyres slide around enjoyably. The BAC Mono though, with its track tyres, is practically undriveable once the track is wet. Compared to the similarly powerful Caterham 620R with track tyres, the Mono has almost no cornering grip and it is almost impossible to put any power down in any gear, even in a straight line. Basically it feels like it’s on one of the snow/ice tracks, and it’s almost impossible to compete against AI in the same car.

I thought I’d ask whether this anomalous wet weather behaviour is a design decision, or a possible bug - maybe the Mono receives an inappropriate grip multiplier in the wet?

If it is intended behaviour, can anyone recommend a tyre setting that makes the Mono even slightly driveable in the wet?

Cheers to the devs, the more I play PC2 the more impressed I am with most it!

Im doing alot of rain work atm . Ill take a look. I dont think it should be using "track" for wet conditions though, so we might have a tagging problem. Should be all weather or something similar.

RoccoTTS
15-10-2017, 10:35
But isn't the problem cars like this doesn't have any tyres suited for wet conditions in game ? Semi-slicks and track tyres are only suited for dry conditions IRL.

tpw
15-10-2017, 11:25
Im doing alot of rain work atm . Ill take a look. I dont think it should be using "track" for wet conditions though, so we might have a tagging problem. Should be all weather or something similar.

Thanks Doug, I appreciate the answer. Any improvements you can come up with for AI rain behaviour will be most appreciated by me at the very least!

bmanic
15-10-2017, 14:16

Any news on the puddle situation? Will it be possible to fix those so that cars aren't aquaplaning through puddles at very low speeds? It seems to have something to do with a certain puddle depth (maybe one that engulfs the whole carcass/tire depth?). You can get into situations where you aquaplane no matter what speed you go (yes, even below 10km/h).