PDA

View Full Version : Venting About Issues

ClockworkAlex
15-10-2017, 06:25
The reason why we complain and nitpick problems with PC2 is because we love this game. It is so close to being the best racing sim on the market. It just seems to me like the stuff they did wrong could of been so easily resolved.

For starters, why the eff does the AI start on wet tyres when the race is dry but "expecting rain"? There is not a race grid on earth that starts on wet tyres when it is completely dry even if a hurricane is expected to blow through during the race.

I won't go into this too much because I have saw it mentioned here a few times. The race strategy and pit UI is complete garbage. If I had a nickel for every time I crashed trying to select a pit loadout I would have enough to buy one of these cars.

The AI difficulty is inconsistent in the worst possible way. I am Either First, or last in nearly every race. This HAS to be super easy to balance out. What I have been doing for others who are having trouble is raise the difficulty by 1 every time you win and lower it by 1 every time you get last place.

This could be just me and I think they made it a bit better with last patch but is the open wheel damage too punishing? You hit a cone and lose your entire front wing.

While I am on Open wheel. I would think the pinnacle of open wheel racing would be f1 with indycar as the lead up and maybe formula x as a special event.

The different cars FFB has been discussed to death here but we all know there is a huge gap and FFB quality from car to car.

No retire from race or retire form series again!!?!?! Really Slightly Mad has to be completely oblivious to the current standers in racing games because that and simple options like cockpit locked camera etc etc, is included in every other series but PC2.

The single player career really lacks polish. For now I am just going to race online and get smashed to all hell by 10 yo's all night.

pkcraistlin
15-10-2017, 06:50
While I am on Open wheel. I would think the pinnacle of open wheel racing would be f1 with indycar as the lead up and maybe formula x as a special event.

quite obviously that is for all the people who wish to start their career in F1, duh.

TopAirspace
15-10-2017, 07:12
Damage isn't punishing enough imo,
I'm wanting to go back to the days of Papyrus Nascar Racing / Indycar Racing in the early to mid 90's.

Mowzer
15-10-2017, 07:12
For starters, why the eff does the AI start on wet tyres when the race is dry but "expecting rain"? There is not a race grid on earth that starts on wet tyres when it is completely dry even if a hurricane is expected to blow through during the race?
I am sure i remember a few seasons back in the BTCC some of the of the competitors were running full wets on the rear of their FF cars in the dry on cold days. As they were having trouble getting heat into the rear slicks so its not uncommon for wets to bd used in the dry but not the norm i do admit ;).

Alan Dallas
15-10-2017, 07:44
No retire from race or retire form series again!!?!?! Really Slightly Mad has to be completely oblivious to the current standers in racing games because that and simple options like cockpit locked camera etc etc, is included in every other series but PC2.

Slow your roll there buddy. Giving constructive criticism of the game is one thing. Blatantly bashing the developers... entirely another.
Also there is a 'locked' cockpit view. It's the view just before helmet.

Leper Messiah
15-10-2017, 08:05
If it's all so "super easy" go and write your own awesome racing sim then. We all know there are issues, but this sort of hyperbole in no way does you or your arguments any good. TIME is the factor here, with an infinite amount of time (and thus money) SMS could polish every single detail to perfection....thing is we'd all be dead before it was released!

Think of PC2 as the equivalent of a TES game like Skyrim....HUGE but quite a few bugs (skyrim needed a community bug fix which is as massive as the game), simpler games like COD are more polished. I'm not comparing rival sims to COD per se but when you realise R3E is only just bringing in alternate tyre compounds then you understand that it's easier to perfect a cars handling if it has ONE tyre and the track conditions are relatively static. The only game that comes close to PC2 in terms of conditions is RF2 and that has a LOT less cars and tracks to balance.

Ian Bell
15-10-2017, 08:52
Just close any threads telling us that we're useless and have no clue how to program guys. Especially if it's their first post.