PDA

View Full Version : AI at COTA

Endurancer
15-10-2017, 07:53
Hi,

I've been trying a 4-hour offline single race at Circuit of the Americas with a RWD LMP1, swapping with the AI. But after 2 and a half hours I got disqualified because the AI driving my car ALWAYS enters the pit lane too fast. So it got 3 time penalties and got disqualified. Please, fix that, otherwise the Endurance World Championship in career mode becomes unplayable in full length.

I must say, it looks a great game, besides some bugs yet to be dealt with.

Thanks.

plaid
15-10-2017, 12:10
Hi,

I've been trying a 4-hour offline single race at Circuit of the Americas with a RWD LMP1, swapping with the AI. But after 2 and a half hours I got disqualified because the AI driving my car ALWAYS enters the pit lane too fast. So it got 3 time penalties and got disqualified. Please, fix that, otherwise the Endurance World Championship in career mode becomes unplayable in full length.

I must say, it looks a great game, besides some bugs yet to be dealt with.

Thanks.

Are they any fun anyway? I had shorter single endurance races and I gave up after three cause the AI rather failed moving through the slower cars giving me a big advantage, besides the AI doesn't seem to know what blue flags are, besides I needed to turn the damage off, cause their attempts resulted in damaging their and the other AI cars and they instantly moved into the pits.
Was your experience better?

Endurancer
15-10-2017, 17:30
Apart the pit entrance, it was ok. I have tried two long races so far. 4h in COTA and 1000KM at Bathurst (with super V8). Both ruined by strange engine problems. There is another thread on that.

In Bathurst the AI had constant problems with traffic, hitting the walls while trying to get around them. That gave us some extra pits stops, but I think the happened to the opponents. A bit exaggerated, but not absurd, since I have my own share of mistakes every time I drive many laps at Bathurst…

I have hope, however… Swapping with the AI was far from perfect in PCARS 1, but I still could have a lot of fun with it.