PDA

View Full Version : Noob FFB question; Menu Spring Strength

zzjorzz
15-10-2017, 14:11
Hi, what is Menu Spring Strength option in the FFB settings and what does it do?

Silraed
15-10-2017, 14:18
It is the strength of the centring force of the wheel when you are on menus and not in game driving. It has no effect out on track.

zzjorzz
15-10-2017, 14:21
Thanks, was wondering, was the only setting without a discription!

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 16:44
It's for some that don't center their wheel when going back to the menus, because if it's not centered then the wheel will be moving the selections in the menu.

F2kSel
15-10-2017, 18:02
For you to notice any effect you have to adjust it and restart the game.

drizzit
15-10-2017, 18:16
Judging from the amount of questions I have seen about this last few weeks I would really recommend adding a help text to this in game. All the other settings have one so why not this one?

peterCars
16-10-2017, 02:06
deadzone for menu spring then?

Alan Dallas
16-10-2017, 02:37
Judging from the amount of questions I have seen about this last few weeks I would really recommend adding a help text to this in game. All the other settings have one so why not this one?
Because the Label is the description. It's self explanatory. "MENU Spring Strength".

Alan Dallas
16-10-2017, 02:38
deadzone for menu spring then?
Think of it as Self Centering Force... only for the UI Menu's.

pa_pinkelman
16-10-2017, 08:04
Because the Label is the description. It's self explanatory. "MENU Spring Strength".

Judging from the amount of questions about it, I don't think it is... ;)

cpcdem
16-10-2017, 10:47
It's for some that don't center their wheel when going back to the menus, because if it's not centered then the wheel will be moving the selections in the menu.

I have a suggestion, maybe it is better to completely disallow changing options via steering the wheel right left, and maybe also with the gas/brake.
For my case at least, this has only created problems and never found it useful, I can't see how I could reliably change options with that. It only messes up with my settings with I have the wheel turned by accident.

Maybe it has to do with gamepads, you need their "steering" to change settings, so that system was programmed in an abstract way. But maybe we can get a hardcoded exception for wheels?

DreamsKnight
16-10-2017, 10:51

in italian don't exist the word menu, both in oc1 and pc2. could happen also in other languages. i understood what it was only reading english screenshoot. ;)

drizzit
16-10-2017, 12:09

I found it self explanatory yes but obviously quite a few people don't so what would 1 line of help text hurt?
Just a suggestion though

David Semperger
16-10-2017, 13:37
in italian don't exist the word menu, both in oc1 and pc2. could happen also in other languages. i understood what it was only reading english screenshoot. ;)

I know this is a bit off-topic but I find differences in language like this fascinating. How would you describe the italian name for this option in English? I just wonder what is the concept for a menu in your language.

zzjorzz
20-10-2017, 19:18

Sigh....yes, so it could also mean that in spring there is strenght on the menu....

rtazz17
21-10-2017, 02:11

Im going out on a limb and gonna say its not self explanatory. Ive never seen it in any racing game ive owned over 25 yrs