PDA

View Full Version : Racing Director driving me insane!

ZulfoDK
15-10-2017, 17:19
Seriously - I'm trying to do "clean" races, using my mirrors and making sure I don't crash into people, and take it easy on starts - but I'm constantly getting rammed by noobs going full throttle into the first coners, and in corners at the end of long straights...

There MUST be a better way, a better algorithem, for the Racing Director - giving me penalties and warnings when I'm the one getting rammed and run into is just Bull S***

I was, after a few good races, put into F - and the race after that, I get rear ended by an idiot throwing me off the track, then I get rammed by some one else getting pushed off, and when I'm trying to get back on the track, I get a warning for driving standards!?!

My god that system is stupid.

They MUST be able to calculate better who is ramming who - they use the track-data for AI, and they must be able to calculate that if you go into said corner with a speed of X and hits a player, you get a warning, and the guy that got rammed has a "cool down" from warnings in 5-10 seconds to get back on track.

Hating the system as it is now!

Siberian Tiger
15-10-2017, 17:23
That System is up to the Standards today... Look at iRacing for Example which is there for several Years. (And work continues), even in iRacing there is no Way for a Computer to judge who is the one to blame.
Corner Speed Treshould would be a beginning, but you would have to calculate this for EVERY Car and EVERY Corner...

Just Race on, and give the System some Time... The Rammers will fastly get a very low Rank. Wherever the ones who continue to Race will stay at the Level or getting higher...

ZulfoDK
15-10-2017, 18:12
That System is up to the Standards today... Look at iRacing for Example which is there for several Years. (And work continues), even in iRacing there is no Way for a Computer to judge who is the one to blame.
Corner Speed Treshould would be a beginning, but you would have to calculate this for EVERY Car and EVERY Corner...

Just Race on, and give the System some Time... The Rammers will fastly get a very low Rank. Wherever the ones who continue to Race will stay at the Level or getting higher...

I will keep racing, but problem is that my level is going no where because I too get punished for THEIR driving...

odemode
15-10-2017, 18:14
Stay away from publics and find a decent group, there's enough about

McKiernan
15-10-2017, 18:15
The rammers get punished also, over time the dirty drivers will get much more penalties which is when the system will bear fruit.

LMR TopSecret
15-10-2017, 18:31
Stay away from publics and find a decent group, there's enough about

Groups are fun, but to get your skill rating up you won’t do that as much racing in groups because there will always be groups of the faster and slower ones. It’s like the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The slower guys will never win in a clean race, only the fast guys will and increase there skill rating. But random lobbies offer the element of surprise and you don’t know what to expect from anyone in the lobby unless you’ve raced them before. Idc who the host is, I join any lobby I see with decent settings and a few people in it on a reasonable track for the cars I want to drive. Yh I have been totalled before lost 2-3 mins from being in the pits and finishing 8-9th place. But better than leaving and losing 40 points over 5-6. Still managed to work my way into the 1700s with disconnections during races