PDA

View Full Version : Open cockpit VR sickness tendencies

Javaniceday
15-10-2017, 19:50
Hey all

So, don't yet know if this is a pattern yet, but for you guys using VR sets, have you noticed if open cockpit cars tend to induce VR sickness more than closed cockpit ones? Is it perhaps the fact that less of the peripheral environment is visible?

Maybe it wast just a fluke...

snakehands
15-10-2017, 20:01
Hey all

So, don't yet know if this is a pattern yet, but for you guys using VR sets, have you noticed if open cockpit cars tend to induce VR sickness more than closed cockpit ones? Is it perhaps the fact that less of the peripheral environment is visible?

I've never heard that being said. Never suffered any VR sickness myself though.

Zsozsa
15-10-2017, 20:03
Hey all

No, I haven't experienced it at all. I use Oculus with no such problem.

Skev
15-10-2017, 20:04
Me neither.
Do you have any world movement settings on as they are set to simulate movement in 2D, but not something you want in VR.

GTsimms
15-10-2017, 20:10
The VR sickness only comes from really fast movements for me. I am normally fine in VR and even when drinking. But, I can tell you driving in reverse and stopping throws me off(looking left or right in an open cockpit).

Phos
15-10-2017, 23:55
No this is pretty common, putting more nonmoving stuff in your field of vision that moves with you is something a few games do to try and avoid motion sickness. I think there was this mech based shooter for PSVR that did much of the same.

Try formula X or some of the classic open top racers maybe? Sort of a mid point between open and closed cars.

SunnySunday
16-10-2017, 06:54
Nope not for me. But I do get it occasionally when, like someone here said, reversing. That is a no go zone for me, but everything else I have no problem with. Maybe you still need more hrs in VR? It takes some time to adjust your brain to the"virtual sensations"