PDA

View Full Version : ABS on Ford GT GTLM?

Shogun613
15-10-2017, 20:44
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that GTE cars aren't supposed to have ABS...
Yet the default setup for the Ford GT at COTA has the ABS at 75%. Granted, I turned it down to zero so I can simulate lockup if I'm too hard on the pedal, but shouldn't it be absent altogether?

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 20:49
All the cars have what the regulations require. Put it wherever you want, if the car doesn't have it in real life you won't get it's effects in the game.

Jussi Karjalainen
15-10-2017, 21:53
You can turn on all aids on any car if you want to, aids can be set to off, on and authentic. The adjustment for the strength is there for that reason in every car. When aids are set to authentic the car will only have traction control available.

Shogun613
15-10-2017, 21:58
You can turn on all aids on any car if you want to, aids can be set to off, on and authentic. The adjustment for the strength is there for that reason in every car. When aids are set to authentic the car will only have traction control available.

I'm pretty sure I have the assists set to authentic... It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like it should be grayed out with the authentic setting.

Jussi Karjalainen
16-10-2017, 00:25
I'm pretty sure I have the assists set to authentic... It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it seems like it should be grayed out with the authentic setting.I'm looking at the files that define the behavior and it's definitely turned off, maybe patch 2 changed it?

And we found in pCARS 1 that greying out those settings can be a bit iffy. For example if you had TC enabled in the settings but turned off at the track, you couldn't adjust it in the setup. If you wanted to be able to adjust it you had to get to the track, turn it on, and then return to the pits to adjust it. It's just all around much more handy to have the settings always adjustable in the setup, whether you have or even can turn them on or off while driving, reduces the hoops you need to jump through in case you ever want to adjust it.

Shogun613
16-10-2017, 00:44
I'll definitely check my settings later to make sure I'm not making a fool of myself, lol.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 21:26
I'll definitely check my settings later to make sure I'm not making a fool of myself, lol.

Sorry Shogun613, you are correct it's a bug. You always have to manually re-select Authentic or you could end up with carried over assists from your previous car. It seems mostly to happen when you drive street cars and go back to your race car.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55032-INVESTIGATING-New-Bug-after-2-0-Assists-are-being-transfered-to-next-car

Shogun613
16-10-2017, 22:06
Sorry Shogun613, you are correct it's a bug. You always have to manually re-select Authentic or you could end up with carried over assists from your previous car. It seems mostly to happen when you drive street cars and go back to your race car.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55032-INVESTIGATING-New-Bug-after-2-0-Assists-are-being-transfered-to-next-car
I'm not completely sure, but before the Ford I think I was in the Huracan GT3 at Brands.
Good to know, though... Thank you.