PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry display question

Phos
16-10-2017, 00:18
If I recall correctly, in the first project cars the full telemetry screen would show tire load and a sort of traction circle, which isn't in this game but you can still see during automatic pit stops:

You can barely see the tire loading lines, particularly on the rear right.

But most of time you only get this:

Now the lines indicating tire load have disappeared and instead I have the tire temperatures. Probably more useful, but why doesn't it have tire loading indicators?

WGIstation6a
16-10-2017, 00:34
I noticed this too. It's the same on the Xbox there in the pits, gone on the track. I liked having the friction gauge, it helped me figure out what wasn't grabbing the way it should. Hopefully it comes back.

bcruise
16-10-2017, 00:37
I was told in another thread that this is due to the new tire model the sequel uses. The HUD hasn't been updated to work with that new system, so we don't see the forces acting on the tires while we're driving.

It's different for the AI, which still uses the older model from PCars 1. So all of the auto-driving sequences will still show the forces acting on the tires (and if we could pull up telemetry while monitoring AI's during a race, it would probably show up there too).

3800racingfool
16-10-2017, 00:40
Does anybody have a more in-depth guide as to what everything on that screen does/is for? I'd love to be able to use the telemetry screen for more than just seeing what the brake temps are and whether the FFB is clipping but I've no idea what I'm actually looking at so most of the info that's there is pretty much useless to me.

Phos
16-10-2017, 06:17
I was told in another thread that this is due to the new tire model the sequel uses. The HUD hasn't been updated to work with that new system, so we don't see the forces acting on the tires while we're driving.

It's different for the AI, which still uses the older model from PCars 1. So all of the auto-driving sequences will still show the forces acting on the tires (and if we could pull up telemetry while monitoring AI's during a race, it would probably show up there too).
Interesting, could the AI using the Pcars1 tires have anything to do with how slow they drive in the wet?

Does anybody have a more in-depth guide as to what everything on that screen does/is for? I'd love to be able to use the telemetry screen for more than just seeing what the brake temps are and whether the FFB is clipping but I've no idea what I'm actually looking at so most of the info that's there is pretty much useless to me.

I'm in the same boat for the most part, I've also used it to figure out what the ideal shift points are using the HP indicator, and tire temp balance, but that's about it. I've seen travel turn red sometimes and don't know if that means the damper is in fast bump, the tire is bouncing, or I hit the bump stop.