PDA

View Full Version : Current and next lap will be invalidated needs to be seriosuly reworked [No]

Kebabfelix
16-10-2017, 13:09
The system is just so unfair and illogical right now. I was told at first that this only happens at the last turn to prevent corner cutting, I can assure you this is not true.

It seems to be anywhere of the last sector if you even touch the outside of the white line your next lap will be removed. This is extremely frustrating when trying to set WR and you miss the second last corner and your next lap is removed because you failed to turn in.

Example, the second last corner in Brands Hatch is almost 500 meters away from the finish line and not even on the same corner as the last one, making it impossible to "cheat".

Still you get punished. I can't be the only one who thinks this needs to be done better?

drizzit
16-10-2017, 13:32
It's anywhere in the last sector.

The reason I have read here being it's simply too much work going over every single track and setting the cutoff point individually. I agree it feels too restrictive on some tracks but I can understand this being alot of work for very little gain too.

Kebabfelix
16-10-2017, 13:35
It's anywhere in the last sector.

The reason I have read here being it's simply too much work going over every single track and setting the cutoff point individually. I agree it feels too restrictive on some tracks but I can understand this being alot of work for very little gain too.

Obviously don't know how they do it but it feels like you could just mark an area on the grid, a la paint style. Can't imagine it's done through coding geographical points on the map but who knows.

Honestly almost rather have people trying to cheat than this, so frustrating.

AbeWoz
16-10-2017, 13:38
every 'serious' racing game i have played, going back to FM2 days, its been this way. exceed track limits anywhere in the final sector, it will invalidate that lap and the following lap.

skipptg
16-10-2017, 13:40
It would be nice though if it could detect you've exceeded track limits and hit something/spun and then at least not bork the following lap. Some bits of Silverstone you can go major grass-tracking and make up a ton of time and it doesn't care!

drizzit
16-10-2017, 13:41
The main problem is not only last corner can effect your time on next lap, depending on track layout cutting say 3d to last can make you have greater speed through last 2 corners and the finish straight and so on, meaning they would have to go through the possible scenarios for every track.

bmanic
16-10-2017, 13:52
The main problem is not only last corner can effect your time on next lap, depending on track layout cutting say 3d to last can make you have greater speed through last 2 corners and the finish straight and so on, meaning they would have to go through the possible scenarios for every track.

Exactly. End of discussion. System works perfectly as intended and for very good reasons.

Outlier
16-10-2017, 15:29
I think its fine as well. just be sure to get a nice safe lap in during qualify and then start pushing for faster times and learning where you can and cant cut or run wide. I struggled on COTA for a while but eventually figured out where to push and where to play it safe.

Kebabfelix
16-10-2017, 16:20
Fine

LukeC1991
16-10-2017, 21:59
It’s bearable until it happens at Le Mans or Nurburgring. You can’t take it easy in the final sector to prepare for your next lap if you’re already on a flying lap.