PDA

View Full Version : There has to be an easier way of going from soft slicks to wets.

Borez
16-10-2017, 17:26
I dunno, I just can't do it with that little menu. I can't do it during the race at all, especially on twisty circuits. I can't fit it in fast enough coming up to the pit crew.

The one time I did manage it without crashing it put me on all terrain tires.

I don't want to go on hard slicks which is inevitably what it will select if I use the by weather feature.

Is the only way via that useless little menu?

Considering you can't talk to the pit crew it'd be nice to have a "if it's raining and I pit then put me on wets" option.

Dev Nibor
16-10-2017, 18:09
create pit strategies for the most common scenarios and then select the strategy while driving?

pa_pinkelman
16-10-2017, 19:09
I agree it is badly designed. But it is all we got. So create some strategies....

Borez
16-10-2017, 20:00
I agree it is badly designed. But it is all we got. So create some strategies....

I did look into this earlier today and didn't seem to be able to create one. I'll look again.

GenBrien
16-10-2017, 20:22
usually when you have ''automatic by weather'' it'll put the good tires on

warth0g
16-10-2017, 21:36
Wouldn't it be cool if they implemented voice commands? I'd have to invest in a headset with a mic, but that would be pretty great :-) DLC maybe, to fund it?

Borez
16-10-2017, 23:03
Well it was definitely better with the strategy, although ( World Endurance at Silverstone ) I did have to go hunting around that awful menu to put it back on slicks when it started to dry out, eventually giving in but managing to get to the end of the race in first on wets. I knew which weather was coming in this race so set up the first change as wets.

You should be able to reorder the menu though so you can place the strategy as the top option or even better ( as I have a USB keypad attached ) having the strategy as a definable key or button.

The way the quick menu is at present it's near impossible to select anything whist driving. Maybe at Le mans where you have time, Silverstone though just no, there's way too much going on.

milliotseb
17-10-2017, 06:09
As said before, I think the best strategy is to define the dry/rain strategy before the race and only having to select the correct one. I think you should be able to select the strategy in the last sector or arriving at your pit box (but for the latest, it depends where your pitbox is placed)

RookieRaceline
17-10-2017, 07:22
Could have been cool with a sort of short onscreen dialogue ovelay though, once you request a pit stop.
What do you want to hace done in the pits? Changes tires / Repare damage / Refuel / Pick strategy
What tires do you want to put on? Soft Slicks / MediumSlicks / Intermediate / Wet / Leave me alone
Anything else? Yes / no

This way you'd still need to use up/down/right, but wouldn't have to take your attention off the track. I am especially strugling, when i have damage and the car pulls to one side

ProDriver
17-10-2017, 08:31
I've done a threat with a new design of ICM in order to have easily the changes as you mention here.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55021-In-car-management-changes

See it and comment what do you reckon.

RomKnight
17-10-2017, 09:01
Even I could search "voice commands" here :p

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54642-Voice-control-mod-UPDATED-v2-1&highlight=voice+commands

ProDriver
17-10-2017, 09:05
Even I could search "voice commands" here :p

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54642-Voice-control-mod-UPDATED-v2-1&highlight=voice+commands

For pc it could be easy or so, but for PS4 and Xbox I don't think so.

RomKnight
17-10-2017, 09:20
But it exists :p

(and I again, forget about that "Platform" tag on the left :( )

RookieRaceline
17-10-2017, 09:47
"Hey Cortana, give me intermediate tires at next pitstop!"

warth0g
18-10-2017, 18:13
I have no idea how to get 3rd party software working with PS4 though.. I honestly think a voice command package for PS4 as a $5 DLC would be a smart move. I'd buy that and I suspect many others too...

JohnSchoonsBeard
18-10-2017, 18:38
You might find it useful to simply practice using the menu in a private practice. Just try pitting every lap while playing making changes in the menu. Do it enough times so it it becomes second nature allowing you to operate the menu almost without looking.

It's great to to be able to do it while driving without it impacting on other car controls.

Masterplan
19-10-2017, 06:40
Well for me this menu doesn't work at all. I can display the menu, I can go to any part of this menu, but somehow I am unable to confirm any choice I make. I simply can't do anything using this menu. :-(

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-11-2017, 16:57
Well for me this menu doesn't work at all. I can display the menu, I can go to any part of this menu, but somehow I am unable to confirm any choice I make. I simply can't do anything using this menu. :-(

To confirm things you need to press right on the selection. Eg press right when you see the Pitstop. You should then get audio confirmation from your pit engineer.