PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry software for Project CARS 2

Marlborofranz
17-10-2017, 16:07
Hey folks,

Just wanted to ask if there is already some telemetry software for Pcars 2? I am just aware of the Pcars Profiler as well as vrHive and These are based on project cars 2 channels, afaik you can just monitor speed, rpm, fuel, various damage, various temps and gears. But you can't see what your suspension is doing or whether your car hits the ground for being too low.

Are there any alternatives?

AbeWoz
17-10-2017, 16:09
I'm not sure if anyone has made or updated the old PC1 tools to PC2 yet.

Marlborofranz
17-10-2017, 16:41
I fear this, too...

I reat a note from the developer of project cars profiler and he mentioned that he stopped developing long ago, because after a long time project cars 1 was still not providing data channels for suspension and stuff. So since he quit supporting the software, I guess he surely won't pick it up again in order to see whether things have changed in Pcars 2.

jimmyb_84
18-10-2017, 09:26
I'm using vrhive and will continue to do so if nothing else it records all my sessions and lap times saves me from writing it down.

Not spoke with MikeyTT recently so not sure of his plans if any for Pcars 2 UDP.

mr_belowski
18-10-2017, 11:29
We're all still waiting for news and details on the PCars2 API so don't expect app developers to be using it any time soon

Marlborofranz
19-10-2017, 05:37
That's a pity... At least we can use the old tools in order to check some of the telemetry.

Btw: Nice to see the guy whose voice permanently complains that he doesn't understand me due to my bad pronouncing of English language... :P

Cristi
10-01-2018, 18:02
Sorry to revive this old thread, but i want to ask roughly the same question: Has there been any progress with telemetry apps?

I'm using pCARS Profiler and even though it works very well and is very polished, it seems to be a bit out of date in the API department, not providing any info on suspension travel. And i don't think this is going to change, because if i understood correctly, Tom Shane isn't very happy with SMS right now.. I also tried vrHive, but couldn't get it to work, and pCARS Telemetry seems even more out of date.

So is there any telemetry app that takes full advantage of the present (though limited, IMHO) API? If not, i'll probably end up making a script that just saves all the API outputs to some common format (csv, mdf, etc).

Thank you.

Killg0re NL
11-01-2018, 09:25
I use the RSdash telemetry app.
Works great. A tutorial on how to 'read' (interpretation)telemetry would help to improve.

Cristi
11-01-2018, 09:38
Is it capable of logging data for later review?