PDA

View Full Version : Well SMS. GT Sport PSVR Mode has left the door open for you. Do it and rake in the $$

Flystar
18-10-2017, 06:39
Just purchased GT Sport and the VR mode is so limited, it’s left over 1 million PSVR owners crying out for their first proper VR racing experience.

Your 2D game ain’t gonna sell well this year as it’s come out slap bang in the middle of Forza 7 and GT Sport.

You have a MASSIVE opportunity now. Just read the Reddit boards. Produce a PSVR Pro add on for your game and you are guaranteed huge sales as a system seller.

It’s a no brainer...

Cheers

Fly

Siberian Tiger
18-10-2017, 07:55
yeah, it would be a no Brainer if the Power of the PS4 would be sufficient enough for proper VR ;)

Perhaps something exklusive for the PS4 Pro, but i don't know if Sony would allow this...

Jarek160
18-10-2017, 07:57
Sony will not allow to make VR game just for PS4Pro. Regular PS4 is weak as f*** so why bother.

b1sakher
18-10-2017, 08:38
Yes, basically PC2 knocks GTS in every aspect (except probably graphics).
I don't think the PS4 is capable of a proper VR experience though

FreefallRLC
18-10-2017, 09:08
There will be no good (like PC high res and good quality) VR or native 4K before PS5 anymore.

Sessionerror
18-10-2017, 09:12
Perhaps something exklusive for the PS4 Pro, but i don't know if Sony would allow this...

Sony really should get rid of this restriction. They're harming their own VR device by not allowing PS4 exclusive PSVR titles because in the end, there will bemuch less VR titles than actually possible :( Oh, how I'd love to drive pCARS 2 in VR!

Exoil
18-10-2017, 22:38
yeah, it would be a no Brainer if the Power of the PS4 would be sufficient enough for proper VR ;)

Are you speaking for the team or just a personal view?

BistoKid
19-10-2017, 07:16
I have said this before but it is prevelant.

Surely the original PS4 could have a 1 vs 1 in VR as proved possible by GTSport but the Pro, if possible, could provide more cars on track. I would be happy with AI cars to race with if multiplayer was impossible but again, albeit for the fidelity, Driveclub produced multiplayer in VR.

I really do hope that SMS are still working towards VR as us Console VR users are crying out for something special.

maxx69
19-10-2017, 08:10
If not full VR maybe a virtual 3 screen or curve screen setup .

solocapers
19-10-2017, 08:51
Are you speaking for the team or just a personal view?

Ian Bell said on that Aussie fella's stream just before release that the PS4 Pro can do VR gameplay no problem.. the original PS4 is the sticking point where im guessing the sacrifices are too great.

Minimitch
19-10-2017, 13:15
If Sony allowed Pro only titles they would shoot themselves in the foot. Yes it might help mover VR headsets, but how many PS4 owners would actually bother upgrading to the new console just for VR? If I was forced to upgrade my PS4 I would keep it and get a far more powerful One X over a Pro so it won't help them shift many consoles and may harm game sales

Exoil
19-10-2017, 15:02
If Sony allowed Pro only titles they would shoot themselves in the foot. Yes it might help mover VR headsets, but how many PS4 owners would actually bother upgrading to the new console just for VR? If I was forced to upgrade my PS4 I would keep it and get a far more powerful One X over a Pro so it won't help them shift many consoles and may harm game sales

And how would an upgrade to One X help you in regards to PSVR?

Minimitch
19-10-2017, 15:51
And how would an upgrade to One X help you in regards to PSVR?

A) I never said anything about getting a PSVR, I said it might help themselves shift VR units

B) With VR having been confirmed of the One X I would get their version of a VR headset. Developers have already said games will look better on the One X than the PS4 Pro due to its extra power so that clearly means there will be more scope for better VR gaming on the One X

KillerFox1978
19-10-2017, 17:34

Mr.60trim
20-10-2017, 02:27
There will be no good (like PC high res and good quality) VR or native 4K before PS5 anymore.
I agree.

From a business standpoint, it would make sense for Sony to transition heavily to the VR market when the PS5 debuts. Doing so will be a win-win situation. Sony will enhance their revenue as people will be more willing to invest in a PS5 (particularly those who are already invested in the Sony VR market), and it will enable Sony to produce a better quality product for us as the PS5 (hopefully) will not be as restricted as the PS4 (maybe even the PS4 Pro in some regards).

Loopdreams
20-10-2017, 07:30
Not sure Sony will be going all in on VR. I dunno perhaps this is short-sighted but apart from racing games what are the killer apps? The only people I know of who actually use VR for any kind of extended play are sim racers and in reality that's a fairly small niche.

maxx69
20-10-2017, 08:09
Not sure Sony will be going all in on VR. I dunno perhaps this is short-sighted but apart from racing games what are the killer apps? The only people I know of who actually use VR for any kind of extended play are sim racers and in reality that's a fairly small niche.

Killer apps ??? Resident Evil , Rush of Blood , London Heist , all horror games are crazy good in VR .
Some of the Indy games such as fruit Ninja are amazingly good fun .
Every game I have is a killer app in VR .....Ace Combat anyone .
VR is definitely the future and for driving games ....it's the ultimate addition to any rig

Loopdreams
20-10-2017, 08:53
Sure, I'm not saying that there aren't good experiences but what I mean is that most people I know who have PSVR or even Rifts etc. still admit that they're a bit of a novelty and after an initial rush of excitement mostly sit gathering dust like so many other gaming peripherals. Sim racing seems to be exceptional in that it doesn't have as much tendency to induce nausea in as many people and is something people spend a lot of time with.

Exoil
20-10-2017, 18:50
Sure, I'm not saying that there aren't good experiences but what I mean is that most people I know who have PSVR or even Rifts etc. still admit that they're a bit of a novelty and after an initial rush of excitement mostly sit gathering dust like so many other gaming peripherals. Sim racing seems to be exceptional in that it doesn't have as much tendency to induce nausea in as many people and is something people spend a lot of time with.

Haha, that depends on what game. No non VR gamer have been able to take more than 1 stage of the Finland Rally in DR when I let them try it. It's intense!

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
20-10-2017, 19:49
FIRST SMS should polish pCars 2 on PS4! Look at GT sports and you see what's possible in themes of graphics

Bealdor
20-10-2017, 21:44
FIRST SMS should polish pCars 2 on PS4! Look at GT sports and you see what's possible in themes of graphics

It's much easier to have great graphics with

static lighting
no dynamic weather
less physics calculations
on a single platform
as a first party developer
with 10+ times more budget...

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
20-10-2017, 22:55

static lighting
no dynamic weather
on a single platform

That's right BUT yeah a BUT :rolleyes:

pCars looked way better and is much older. Improved engine and maximise the potential of the hardware is the key. The game is like a raw diamond and must only be ground. SMS can do it better we all know that and have confidence in them. Now it's on their side to proof that their not like EA and only want our money for a half baked cake.

Exoil
20-10-2017, 23:08

Yeah, I agree. GTsports is looking great. The driving? Not so much.
Sure, I would prefer if PCars 2 had a bit more AA on the PS4, especially on the car (driving the old Lotus 25 with an aliased windscreen is a bit annoying) but I rather have better physics than pretty looks.

Minimitch
21-10-2017, 09:54
Yeah I agree, more than happy to lose some graphical quality to have a game that plays much better

Vic Flange
21-10-2017, 12:55
Sony are crippling their own product by insisting on games running on both versions of the PS4.

I am going to sell my PSVR because of it and buy a PC setup.

Pisshead30
21-10-2017, 15:43
Id really like it if SMS introduced a VR Time Trial Mode so that people like myself with PSVR could drive for hours upon hours around our favourite tracks until we're sick and and our eyes are hanging out of our sockets lol

Olijke Poffer
22-10-2017, 07:41
Id really like it if SMS introduced a VR Time Trial Mode so that people like myself with PSVR could drive for hours upon hours around our favourite tracks until we're sick and and our eyes are hanging out of our sockets lol

That would be great indeed.. although I’m planning to make the jump to PC again. As often said by others, once you’ve tasted racing in VR you wont go back to 2D. No difference for me.. I love pcars and I love VR. PS4/VR/PCars is a no go so there is no other option then to buy me a high end pc with probably a Rift.. or vive haha don’t made up my mind yet..

effinjamie
22-10-2017, 18:56
But it’s catch 22. If there were more quality VR experiences, they’d sell more PSVR, if there is a higher number of PSVR users to sell to there’d be more VR titles. It’s up to Sony as the manufacturer to ensure there’s more titles of substance.

effinjamie
22-10-2017, 18:59
Agreed, I’d love that. To be honest with every driving game I buy, and I buy nearly all of them. Time Trial is where I spend 90% of my time.

Fight-Test
22-10-2017, 19:47
That would be great indeed.. although I’m planning to make the jump to PC again. As often said by others, once you’ve tasted racing in VR you wont go back to 2D. No difference for me.. I love pcars and I love VR. PS4/VR/PCars is a no go so there is no other option then to buy me a high end pc with probably a Rift.. or vive haha don’t made up my mind yet..

Rift if it's for racing. Vive for anything else.

Olijke Poffer
22-10-2017, 19:53
Rift if it's for racing. Vive for anything else.

Thanks.. the only games for me are racegames and Elite Dangerous..

b1sakher
23-10-2017, 09:50

static lighting
no dynamic weather
on a single platform

Even then, PC2 looks much much better (comparing product to product)

Pisshead30
23-10-2017, 10:45
Agreed, I’d love that. To be honest with every driving game I buy, and I buy nearly all of them. Time Trial is where I spend 90% of my time.

Im the same I have a ps4 and a forza6 xbox so buy most driving games, skipped on WRC7 last month though as I already have WRC6 Dirt Rally Dirt4 and SLRE

FreefallRLC
23-10-2017, 14:16
I think PC2 when driving looks not much worse than GTS (on PS4 Pro at least) GTS has some very nice details like walking around, very detailed audience and crew. The grass and bushes look great. The seam between barriers and gradd looks more realistic because of more higher grass and shadows. Not perfect lawn everywhere but obergrown, bushes etc. In game not so visible . But in replays A LOT better and really amazing looking in GTS. PC2 replays, at least most of the environment, looks often plain and ugly

Dinos
24-10-2017, 16:41
I think PC2 when driving looks not much worse than GTS (on PS4 Pro at least) GTS has some very nice details like walking around, very detailed audience and crew. The grass and bushes look great. The seam between barriers and gradd looks more realistic because of more higher grass and shadows. Not perfect lawn everywhere but obergrown, bushes etc. In game not so visible . But in replays A LOT better and really amazing looking in GTS. PC2 replays, at least most of the environment, looks often plain and ugly
A simple question : is there any chance to see vr on ps4 pc2 In the near future ??????????

Andre Siqueira
26-10-2017, 01:07
Based on what was said on the first page of this topic, I wonder why they don't do a major downgrade on GFX and car count and weather effects so they could write this game for PSVR on vanilla console.

I would pay for the DLC with VR support just like I did for Dirt Rally VR. The game had quite the downgrade on the GFX side so it could play on VR.

This PCars 2, having lets say, 12 or 8 car grid, less pronounced weather effects so it could fit the OG PS in VR, would still be better than what's offered in Gran Turismo Sport.

Just make the VR version with a big note on the description, explaining that due to lack of resources, the game had to go under a massive downgrade in order to fit VR experience.
I bet all the people who loves racing and can't afford a PC to play in VR would gladly buy this game.
just my 2 cents on the matter..

Olijke Poffer
26-10-2017, 06:11
Won't happen as long Sony don't change their policy. The Pro will be capable handeling Pcars in VR at a certain level "I think". Like a 1:1 race as seen in GTS. But the standard PS4 is not.
So no chance you will see Pcars in VR on the PS4.
High End PC's already need all their power to coop with PCars in VR with a reasonable quality. Only the Videocard is more expensive than a whole new PS4.

If you really want to play with Pcars in VR you should try to save some money and buy a high-end PC rig. This is how it is. If you can't afford it, don't be sad about it but enjoy the game as it is. Better to look at things you have than at things you don't have. Makes Life a lot more enjoyable. :-)

FreefallRLC
26-10-2017, 07:23
there wont be any good VR before PS5 I think. The Hardware is just not capable (not even pro) to support Full HD and same level of detail like normal gaming. Plus Soný policy that the non pro gamers won´t have any disadvantage makes it even more impossible for developers to really make use of the pro

punkdog69
26-10-2017, 09:29
I would not count on PS5 and VR. When PS5 comes to market VR Headsets will have a 4K Resolution. And I think PS5 will not be able to feed 4K Vr like the PS4 is not able to feed 1080P Vr.

TheRealWitblitz
26-10-2017, 12:54
Make the PSVR mode available to PRO and charge us for the DLC. I'm there.

Olijke Poffer
26-10-2017, 17:03
Make the PSVR mode available to PRO and charge us for the DLC. I'm there.

Sony won’t allow this.

Diablo944
27-10-2017, 09:42
Gotta love sony eh? They resolutely destroyed backwards compatibility on playstation but then hobble the pro. Pc gaming is in my future it seems.

Vic Flange
28-10-2017, 12:07
Gotta love sony eh? They resolutely destroyed backwards compatibility on playstation but then hobble the pro. Pc gaming is in my future it seems.

I agree. They have made a right old mess of their approach to the PS4 Pro. ‘Here is a new, much more powerful console that you will NEVER see perform to its potential because we have tied a ball and chain around it.’
I wonder what Microsoft’s policy will be with the new X Box? I might ditch Sony and jump camp if they allow it to reach its potential.

Olijke Poffer
28-10-2017, 12:52

Same for me. I'm about to buy a new PC with VR and keep my PS4 Pro as a backup system. Sometimes it is just fun to sit on your back playing some games.. But for pcars and Elite Dangerous and some other games I will gonna play on PC.

Laserbeak43
08-01-2018, 12:14
Project Cars 2 with the VIVE (on my 1050 TI with 8-Core 3Ghz 32GB RAM) looks just as choppy as Gran Turismo Sport or DriveClub VR on my PS4. I think they should just admit that they couldn't be bothered. At least it'll make sense.