18-10-2017, 11:11
Current #1

RomKnight
18-10-2017, 11:18
(Nearly) everybody likes Ferrari? :D

David Semperger
18-10-2017, 11:44
(Nearly) everybody likes Ferrari? :D

It is a very well balanced car in this class. That said, I will be trying my hands at the Merc. In PC1 it was a hidden gem, when most everyone favored the BMW.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 11:46
I don't know what it is about Ferrari's but I don't like them myself (in real life that is)

David Semperger
18-10-2017, 11:47
I don't know what it is about Ferrari's but I don't like them myself (in real life that is)

The only reason I prefer Lambo's is because it is way too trendy to like Ferraris. :D

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 12:07
We ran the Ferrari 1st because of all the Hoopla.;) We are working on the rest of the field now, waiting for an alien to push the Ferrari into the 52's. Audi is next.
Hey cpcdem, I am not feeling well today, would appreciate it if you have time to take it for a spin. It's cool, my time is identical to my Ferrari time and I only ran the LMS twice. Oh never mind I can't see either.

cpcdem
18-10-2017, 12:16
We ran the Ferrari 1st because of all the Hoopla.;) We are working on the rest of the field now, waiting for an alien to push the Ferrari into the 52's. Audi is next.
Hey cpcdem, I am not feeling well today, would appreciate it if you have time to take it for a spin. It's cool, my time is identical to my Ferrari time and I only ran the LMS twice. Oh never mind I can't see either.

Sorry to hear you don't feel well, get better soon!
Did the same time (54.1) with the McLaren and the BMW, in just a few laps also. And all those are on default setup, while the time on the Ferrari was done after testing with many many setups from me, you and bmanic (aka Maggot Brain). I'm sure all those cars will be faster than the Ferrari with a good setup. In this track at least.

cpcdem
18-10-2017, 12:19

Well, I guess it's the history of them, the F1 legend, their beauty. I think it's not questionable that they are very classy...Italian style! :)
Which ones do you prefer instead?

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 12:20
It is a very well balanced car in this class. That said, I will be trying my hands at the Merc. In PC1 it was a hidden gem, when most everyone favored the BMW.
Hi David, thanks for running the Nissan. We haven't had much time on the AMG. We will do the LMS and M6 next so if you can do the AMG that would be great. Sorry if this is the wrong Merc, even less done on the SLS.

RomKnight
18-10-2017, 12:36

I mentioned so many times that this is probably why the amateurs/bronze tend to go Ferrari. For years, the GT-AM classes are almost single make because of this.

There must be a reason, right.

Sure, some cars will always be easier to drive (according to driving style at least) than others but none is quite perfect at every track. Even conditions can make a car work better or worse within a stint!

So BoP is a very delicate thing to mess with and why "leaderboards" alone may not be de de facto measure tool because I can be faster on another car.

As example, I like to run the Huracan and the 911 on the same track using defaults. Even If I can probably be faster after the same laps on both with the Hurracan I can run within tenths on each. I just have to drive the Porsche differently. It's awesome jumping back and forth on this two just because of this :D but if I were to drive them the same then the Lambo is a clear winner but this is not a BoP problem.

I did drove the Ferrari a couple of times (like I drove even the Caddilac...) and it's so planted I think the setup is hurting it. Been a while since though so take it with a grain of salt although my point remains.

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 12:47
I mentioned so many times that this is probably why the amateurs/bronze tend to go Ferrari. For years, the GT-AM classes are almost single make because of this.

There must be a reason, right.

Sure, some cars will always be easier to drive (according to driving style at least) than others but none is quite perfect at every track. Even conditions can make a car work better or worse within a stint!

So BoP is a very delicate thing to mess with and why "leaderboards" alone may not be de de facto measure tool because I can be faster on another car.

As example, I like to run the Huracan and the 911 on the same track using defaults. Even If I can probably be faster after the same laps on both with the Hurracan I can run within tenths on each. I just have to drive the Porsche differently. It's awesome jumping back and forth on this two just because of this :D but if I were to drive them the same then the Lambo is a clear winner but this is not a BoP problem.

I did drove the Ferrari a couple of times (like I drove even the Caddilac...) and it's so planted I think the setup is hurting it. Been a while since though so take it with a grain of salt although my point remains.

That's fine RomKnight, we are just having fun because of all the concerns about the Ferrari. The game is supposed to be fun, right?

David Semperger
18-10-2017, 12:49
Hi David, thanks for running the Nissan. We haven't had much time on the AMG. We will do the LMS and M6 next so if you can do the AMG that would be great. Sorry if this is the wrong Merc, even less done on the SLS.

I went with the SLS (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=274862187). Will try the other as well.

So far I've found all GT3 cars I tried to be very well balanced on this track in terms of lap times at my level of driving.

RomKnight
18-10-2017, 12:55
That's fine RomKnight, we are just having fun because of all the concerns about the Ferrari. The game is supposed to be fun, right?

Of which I like to have more really. And can't, still :(

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 12:58
I went with the SLS (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=274862187). Will try the other as well.

So far I've found all GT3 cars I tried to be very well balanced on this track in terms of lap times at my level of driving.
Thanks David!:cool: I am sure others will join you now that you have demonstrated the potential.

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 12:59
Of which I like to have more really. And can't, still :(
Sorry RomKnight, please explain this.

RomKnight
18-10-2017, 13:00
I don't have time to have fun for quite a while, that's all.

Why the hell should I be here If I could be driving? :D :D :D

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 13:23
I don't have time to have fun for quite a while, that's all.

Why the hell should I be here If I could be driving? :D :D :D

Ok. Driving is more fun than posting.;)

David Semperger
18-10-2017, 13:45
Thanks David!:cool: I am sure others will join you now that you have demonstrated the potential.

Oh there's more potential there to be sure. I've run the Bentley, Cadillac, Lambo, non-SLS Merc and Ginetta just now as well. Each only 4-5 laps, hardly enough for me to bring them to their true limits. I have to say though the GT3 field seems really well balanced so far, with my lap times having a few tenths of spread for the most part. The outliers seem to be the Bentley and Cadillac, these feel far heavier than the rest, scrub off too much speed in the corners, with not enough extra power to compensate. The Ginetta is really nice, but clearly down on power. Despite that I was still faster with it than with the Bentley of Cadillac, due to how nimble it is. Out of the 5 cars mentioned in this post of mine, I've found it and the Lambo the most enjoyable to drive.

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 13:53
Oh there's more potential there to be sure. I've run the Bentley, Cadillac, Lambo, non-SLS Merc and Ginetta just now as well. Each only 4-5 laps, hardly enough for me to bring them to their true limits. I have to say though the GT3 field seems really well balanced so far, with my lap times having a few tenths of spread for the most part. The outliers seem to be the Bentley and Cadillac, these feel far heavier than the rest, scrub off too much speed in the corners, with not enough extra power to compensate. The Ginetta is really nice, but clearly down on power. Despite that I was still faster with it than with the Bentley of Cadillac, due to how nimble it is. Out of the 5 cars mentioned in this post of mine, I've found it and the Lambo the most enjoyable to drive.
Ok, thanks David!

BubbaGrace
18-10-2017, 14:31
Just did some ATS-V runs and pretty much the same story as last time blink. Killing me in those final 2 corners lol. I dunno how you brake so late into brooklands. Set up feels nice though.

drizzit
18-10-2017, 15:49
Just did some ATS-V runs and pretty much the same story as last time blink. Killing me in those final 2 corners lol. I dunno how you brake so late into brooklands. Set up feels nice though.

Tell me about it.. that last combo is evil lol

Will be doing some tests in random GT3 cars for a while now, started off by cutting of 0.2ish on my best time with the M6 with blinkngones new tune, think I can take of a bit more there but as usual I'm still quite a ways behind the rest of you heh

My first GT3 under 55,
https://i.gyazo.com/3cf13469d8b120840160d5eb5c415123.jpg

And a few decent tries with the R8, I know I can do atleast 0.1 better here
https://i.gyazo.com/1895f96c1c53eb5b8331c512ae3373c8.jpg

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 16:53

Hi Bubba, it's probably just the pedals, I have the same brakes as drizit(although mine are worse for wear) and when I first got them I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Brooklands is my worst corner, I mess up there the most causing me to do more laps than I wanted. No wait its Aintree. Possibly Luffield as well. Oh what the heck it's every dang one of them.:)

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 16:57
Cool drizzit congratulations! You never forget the first time.;) I set the M6 up yesterday to see if I could get you the exit launch you wanted. The Audi and ATS I worked on today but I don't know, couldn't drive them, not feeling ok so I don't know about them, sorry.

drizzit
18-10-2017, 17:21
The Audi feels a bit more oversteery then your usual setups but still felt good to me

Just trying to set a time with all of the GT3's atm so I can compare for myself
Ferarri 55.061 feels good
McLaren my personal best for a GT3 with 54.685 feels great
Porsche 55.180 feels really nice now, more control and nimble, think I can do more here
AMG 55.040 feels really good
Cadilac with a 55.158 feels good, might be able to do a bit more here
Bentley 16 55.240 feels heavy and slow to react
Ginetta 55.159 feels really good
Nissan 55.041 feels really good now
Lamborgini 54.979 feels great and I Love the sound of this one
BMW M6 54.959 feels good
Acura 55.000 really inconsistent with this car for some reason, 1 great lap for a decent time but most of the time I'm all over
Renault 55.320 feels really good but just cant set a good time with it so might just be a bit weak idk
Audi 55.040 feels really good but need more practice
SLS 55.160 just feels really heavy, more towards understeery
Aston Martin 55.404 Tough to keep the backend in check mostly under braking
BMW Z4 55.060 Feels really good, hud told me potential 54.751 but I messed it up.... but I know I can do better here

Starting to get most of them into the 55.0-55.2 range

cpcdem
18-10-2017, 17:26
Will be doing some tests in random GT3 cars for a while now, started off by cutting of 0.2ish on my best time with the M6 with blinkngones new tune, think I can take of a bit more there but as usual I'm still quite a ways behind the rest of you heh

Hey drizzit, I hope you welcome driving tips? I followed your ghosts with the audi and the mclaren, I think you're fast but you are losing A LOT of time in turn one, certainly more than half a second. You are turning there too tightly (early), reducing a lot of speed in order to make the turn before the exit curbs, so then you lose a lot of time in the straight ahead, as you enter it at low speed. Instead, try braking a little later and turn also later (and more aggressively) than you do, but still make sure you hit the inside curbs, or are close to them (late apex). Now you will notice it will be much easier to go more quickly back on throttle and keep it, thus carrying more speed through the corner and gaining a lot of time in the straight ahead. If you want, load one of the ghosts that are currently faster than you, wait a bit after you cross the start line so that the ghost overtakes you and check the line the ghost takes and try to follow a similar one. I am absolutely sure after a little practice you will gain massively on your lap time, just by doing this.

drizzit
18-10-2017, 17:34
Hey drizzit, I hope you welcome driving tips? I followed your ghosts with the audi and the mclaren, I think you're fast but you are losing A LOT of time in turn one, certainly more than half a second. You are turning there too tightly (early), reducing a lot of speed in order to make the turn before the exit curbs, so then you lose a lot of time in the straight ahead, as you enter it at low speed. Instead, try braking a little later and turn also later (and more aggressively) than you do, but still make sure you hit the inside curbs, or are close to them (late apex). Now you will notice it will be much easier to go more quickly back on throttle and keep it, thus carrying more speed through the corner and gaining a lot of time in the straight ahead. If you want, load one of the ghosts that are currently faster than you, wait a bit after you cross the start line so that the ghost overtakes you and check the line the ghost takes and try to follow a similar one. I am absolutely sure after a little practice you will gain massively on your lap time, just by doing this.

I always welcome tips!
I know I'm missing out on this corner for sure. For some reason I'm afraid to turn too early and too sharply so I chicken out and edge in too early as you say and usually end up overshooting it instead... its by far the corner I get invalidated the most. I'll try following some ghosts by hanging back a bit as you say thats a great idea.

David Semperger
18-10-2017, 17:50
At the first corner, what worked for me is to start braking at the 100m mark or shortly before, start turning at around the 50m mark while still braking ever so slightly to keep the weight of the car on the front tires to help turn-in and then slowly add throttle to stabilize the cars, as most GT3 cars tended to oversteer slightly when doing this. After hitting the apex you should be on full throttle throughout the rest of the corner ideally, which can be tricky depending on how good your entry was. You do want to use the full width of the track here, including the outside kerb, but not invalidate your lap, so some correction may be needed if you turned too early or late, which can easily result in 2-3 tenths lost here right away.

drizzit
18-10-2017, 18:12
Greatly appreciate the tips guys!

I'm still very much new to driving so I'm sure pretty much all I do can be improved upon so any help is always welcome :D

Now I got to call it for today though, long day tomorrow so only forum access tomorrow I'm afraid...
I will be back to practice this on friday. Have fun guys!

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 18:16
Greatly appreciate the tips guys!

I'm still very much new to driving so I'm sure pretty much all I do can be improved upon so any help is always welcome :D

Now I got to call it for today though, long day tomorrow so only forum access tomorrow I'm afraid...
I will be back to practice this on friday. Have fun guys!
Have a great day drizzit. Thanks for your efforts.

blinkngone
18-10-2017, 18:31
Hey guys, I thnk I have a beter setup for the ATS.V, I just can't drive, sorry. If someone wants to take it for a spin I would appreciate it.

cpcdem
19-10-2017, 00:33
Hey guys, I thnk I have a beter setup for the ATS.V, I just can't drive, sorry. If someone wants to take it for a spin I would appreciate it.

I just gave it a try. Very nice setup, well balanced and makes the car very easy to drive it consistently. But I think the very high rear downforce made it also a bit slower, so I cannot match the laptime I did in the default setup, I'm 2 tenths slower now. Tomorrow I will try with lower downforce, if it does not mess up the balance badly, i think it will be possible to gain several tenths.

blinkngone
19-10-2017, 00:45
I just gave it a try. Very nice setup, well balanced and makes the car very easy to drive it consistently. But I think the very high rear downforce made it also a bit slower, so I cannot match the laptime I did in the default setup, I'm 2 tenths slower now. Tomorrow I will try with lower downforce, if it does not mess up the balance badly, i think it will be possible to gain several tenths.

Sorry, let me know how it goes, thanks for trying. Checked, sorry again, really bad day, forgot to turn clutch LSD on.:(

blinkngone
19-10-2017, 09:46
Hi Drizzit, worked on the G55, improved my time, hope it helps yours as well.

drizzit
19-10-2017, 10:32
Nice! I'll give it a try when I get home tomorrow, thank you :)

blinkngone
19-10-2017, 11:14
Nice! I'll give it a try when I get home tomorrow, thank you :)
Hey drizzit, redid the Bentley, took until the 3rd lap to get the tires working but knocked off 4 tenths from my PB. But, cpcdem will probably run a 52 .878 using default.

cpcdem
19-10-2017, 11:35
Hey drizzit, redid the Bentley, took until the 3rd lap to get the tires working but knocked off 4 tenths from my PB. But, cpcdem will probably run a 52 .878 using default.

I will try, but i suspect I won't manage that :)

David Semperger
20-10-2017, 06:01
Turns out the Merc (the SLS) is still a very capable car here, check out my new lap (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=274862187) and setup. Given that on my fastest lap I completely cocked up the entry into Brooklands I think 1 or 2 tenths can easily be found with the car still, probably more in capable hands.

Keep in mind the setup will only be good for 4-5 laps at most, after that the tires and brakes will start overheating. For races the radiators would need to be opened up and I would add a bit higher downforce as well, to prevent the tires from sliding around in the faster corners, which should help with their long term temps (although lower brake temps may do enough in that regard as well).

I also found that with this car at least, the Traction Control is a bit overbearing, when I increased the allowed slip I usually gained a bit of time, especially in Luffield, so perhaps playing with this setting can bring a fairly effortless improvement in lap times as well.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 08:44
Turns out the Merc (the SLS) is still a very capable car here, check out my new lap (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=274862187) and setup. Given that on my fastest lap I completely cocked up the entry into Brooklands I think 1 or 2 tenths can easily be found with the car still, probably more in capable hands.

Keep in mind the setup will only be good for 4-5 laps at most, after that the tires and brakes will start overheating. For races the radiators would need to be opened up and I would add a bit higher downforce as well, to prevent the tires from sliding around in the faster corners, which should help with their long term temps (although lower brake temps may do enough in that regard as well).

I also found that with this car at least, the Traction Control is a bit overbearing, when I increased the allowed slip I usually gained a bit of time, especially in Luffield, so perhaps playing with this setting can bring a fairly effortless improvement in lap times as well.

Holy! That's really great David, thanks so much for your time and expertise in improving the SLS. You'll probably be next into the 53's.:cool:

EDIT, yeah I just checked your setup, yes those are some big camber numbers! Qualifying trim. I don't know, in PC1 there were some who thought more camber(somewhat a matter of degree) made the tires wear better but I think camber should cause more wear, I don't run custom races or multiplayer so I can't verify myself.

I think if there was a place to add notes in the setups to explain the changes needed to go from a TT setup to a more race friendly setup it might help the new people who are going to use the shared set up. Just front and rear camber changes, radiator and brake duct openings, downforce changes(as you've already noted) might help.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 12:42
Well... I made some decent cuts on my best times with both the G55 and the Bentley.
The G55 feels great but still a bit weak in acceleration, probably not much to be done about that. The bentley still feels really slow and heavy even if not much difference in times but yea this one aint for me...

https://i.gyazo.com/a8841fed5942d5052a9e1f37c0cfeb1d.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/4fd7fe23b69d8d135ab9d2954deaa9a1.jpg

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 12:51
OK, thanks drizzit! I'll work on the Ginetta then even though it always gets the best of me. Does the Bentley feel like your driving drunk, tips a little right wobbles back left? I don't remember any more, I think I redid the Huracan and Porsche since you last ran them.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 13:25
OK, thanks drizzit! I'll work on the Ginetta then even though it always gets the best of me. Does the Bentley feel like your driving drunk, tips a little right wobbles back left? I don't remember any more, I think I redid the Huracan and Porsche since you last ran them.

Hmm not sure how to describe it, just feels like driving a container sorry lol

I'll give the others a try!
Updated my table on page 3 with some more GT3 cars, think I have a base for all of them here now. I'm well aware my thoughts of them are kind of vague though sorry, I'm just really bad at describing things other then it feels good or bad :D

Porsche feels really good now, not as all over as last time, cut my time by about 0.4
Huacan feels even better, my second car under 55 and my all time fastest GT3!

https://i.gyazo.com/3d41399010b87ce479b3c99621dc670a.jpg

I still need to practice both that first corner and the last combo though lol

drizzit
20-10-2017, 15:58
And shattered my old record with the McLaren :D

https://i.gyazo.com/131605ab7897f0430a14890e78862f1e.jpg

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 16:00
That's great drizzit, you keep getting better!:cool: Wish I could say the same for myself.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 16:02
That's great drizzit, you keep getting better!:cool: Wish I could say the same for myself.

Thank you :)

Well you are still better then me with all but a couple cars that I'm guessing you have barely driven so you got some buffer heh

drizzit
20-10-2017, 16:14
This thing is a freaking monster.... but well my 15 seconds of fame I actually beat you for once blinkngone sorry!

https://i.gyazo.com/a6139c3f6c69b4b9f281092955aec585.jpg

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 16:34
Are you beating me with my own setup?

drizzit
20-10-2017, 16:35
Yea was yours, feels great sorry :)

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 16:40
Yea was yours, feels great sorry :) Cool!:cool: Don't leave me in the dust like cpcdem has.:p

drizzit
20-10-2017, 16:45
Cool!:cool: Don't leave me in the dust like cpcdem has.:p

I still need to learn how to drive more then 1 track so I think you are safe for the foreseeable future :D

Just let me say a big thank you for your setups, in general they seem to fit me great!

cpcdem
20-10-2017, 16:48
Cool!:cool: Don't leave me in the dust like cpcdem has.:p

I didn't manage to beat you with the Bentley...
But I will try again, using your setup :)

wcujer80
20-10-2017, 16:48
And shattered my old record with the McLaren :D

Conrgats on that. Looking at the times it seems you are fairly consistently about a half second faster than I am, so that gives me a good baseline for how I'm doing in different cars right now. So I have to figure out if this weekend I chase getting into the 54s with one of the cars I'm fast with or do I try and get that M6 within a half second or so of you. There is something about that car that just is not clicking with me. It could be that I drove it after the Z4 (which is my GT3 car of choice in AC) but it is the only GT3 car that I've driven so far that I just don't feel like I know what it is going to do.

Sloskimo
20-10-2017, 16:49
Are you beating me with my own setup?

I do that too, use your setup sometimes, if I like it, maybe change 1 or 2 things. I'm hopeless at setups, so good stuff :)

Sloskimo
20-10-2017, 16:53
Conrgats on that. Looking at the times it seems you are fairly consistently about a half second faster than I am, so that gives me a good baseline for how I'm doing in different cars right now. So I have to figure out if this weekend I chase getting into the 54s with one of the cars I'm fast with or do I try and get that M6 within a half second or so of you. There is something about that car that just is not clicking with me. It could be that I drove it after the Z4 (which is my GT3 car of choice in AC) but it is the only GT3 car that I've driven so far that I just don't feel like I know what it is going to do.

M6 feels like a boat compared to the Z4 for me, not only in Pcars, in every sim. Almost Bentley territory, but not quite as bad.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 16:54

Glad my times help someone :)

I'm still very much learning and have benefited greatly from having these people around who have done consistent times I can compare too in various different cars. And the driving tips I got helped a lot, shaved a few times today starting to learn that first corner even if I still mess up more then make it lol

Anyway I have been keeping This Post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55796-Silverstone-National-GT3-BOP-Testing&p=1401508&viewfull=1#post1401508) updated and probably will keep doing so so I can keep track for myself too.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 17:19

wcujer80, I mostly worked on the BMW Z4 because everybody was trashing it so I just wanted to show it wasn't a junk car. I haven't spent a lot of time tuning it yet but I will if you want. What about it is causing you problems? Go ahead and run the other cars while you have time and I can get back to it.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 17:21
I do that too, use your setup sometimes, if I like it, maybe change 1 or 2 things. I'm hopeless at setups, so good stuff :)

Hey Sloskimo! When you get a chance run my NSX, I am trying a lower downforce setup and my leg won't work on the accelerator. Fear maybe.:)

Sloskimo
20-10-2017, 17:31
Hey Sloskimo! When you get a chance run my NSX, I am trying a lower downforce setup and my leg won't work on the accelerator. Fear maybe.:)

Will try it one of these days, low downforce is dangerous though on Silverstone National, often messes up the last 2 corners. RIght now I had a beer too many, it's usually like this: when I start posting on the forum, it means I am unable to go fast in the game due to consumption of beverages :) So I just putter around in cars not many people drive, driving like a bozo, well more than usual anyway.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 17:39
wcujer80, I mostly worked on the BMW Z4 because everybody was trashing it so I just wanted to show it wasn't a junk car. I haven't spent a lot of time tuning it yet but I will if you want. What about it is causing you problems? Go ahead and run the other cars while you have time and I can get back to it.

I really like your current Z4 setup and set a good (for me) 55.060 with it, cant think of anything obvious to change but if you tinker some more I'll give it a new try on sunday :)

(Will be unable to play saturday, only forum access again I'm afraid)

Sloskimo
20-10-2017, 17:42

Setup is good, just tried 2 laps, went pretty quick, inspite of inebriation, it's easy to drive, nice one. Did change the steering ratio back to default, I know you have physical issues, but bit too twitchy to my liking otherwise.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 17:47
Setup is good, just tried 2 laps, went pretty quick, inspite of inebriation, it's easy to drive, nice one.

Thanks dude, your help is always appreciated.:cool:
No one should say SMS isn't trying, just got another update. Bug Splats, updates something is going on.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 17:54
Drizzit have you tried Hard Rock's SLS set up?

drizzit
20-10-2017, 17:59
Drizzit have you tried Hard Rock's SLS set up?

No not yet, I really didnt like that car in general so havent tried much but I'll give it a try

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 18:04
No not yet, I really didnt like that car in general so havent tried much but I'll give it a try

Please do my set up was junk from a couple of weeks ago, sorry, we were running all the GT4s and I didn't do anything with it.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 18:19
Actually made a sizeable cut on my time when I finally finished a lap but man this thing is hard to drive... I keep losing the backend especially when braking and end up spinning out in second to last corner 9 out of 10 tries lol

https://i.gyazo.com/9f880a416ffb9444170ae04e602682c9.jpg

wcujer80
20-10-2017, 18:37

Oh, the Z4 is fine. I just need more time behind the wheel in general (I only got into sim racing again about 2 months ago since not playing since the 90's) and some better equipment (just ordered clubsport v3's to replace the stock pedals that I shoved a rubber stopper in that came with my T150). The M6 is my issue and I'm not sure if it is set-up or just me not understanding the car. Pretty much all of the GT3's I can take the stock set-up and be ok with but even messing around with things I have issues getting the M6 to do anything I want it to do. I'll probably grab a set-up later today and put some laps in to see if I can do anything with it.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 18:41
Ok, thanks drizzit. I made my run back on 10/4 so you are better with a better setup.:cool:
I changed the 650S, I think it's your best car at the moment. The new setup should be 54. I didn't delete the old one so I can put it back if you don't like this one.

Sloskimo
20-10-2017, 18:48
Oh, the Z4 is fine. I just need more time behind the wheel in general (I only got into sim racing again about 2 months ago since not playing since the 90's) and some better equipment (just ordered clubsport v3's to replace the stock pedals that I shoved a rubber stopper in that came with my T150). The M6 is my issue and I'm not sure if it is set-up or just me not understanding the car. Pretty much all of the GT3's I can take the stock set-up and be ok with but even messing around with things I have issues getting the M6 to do anything I want it to do. I'll probably grab a set-up later today and put some laps in to see if I can do anything with it.

The traction control is pretty intrusive in it, you can try messing with that. it also makes peak power wayyy before redline, feels slow to shortshift, but it's faster in this one. It's pretty quick once you get the hang of it, but I find it a hard car to drive fast also, it's not very intuitive.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 18:56
Ok, thanks drizzit. I made my run back on 10/4 so you are better with a better setup.:cool:
I changed the 650S, I think it's your best car at the moment. The new setup should be 54. I didn't delete the old one so I can put it back if you don't like this one.

Feels good, did 5 laps in a row below 55 but havent managed to set a new best lap yet. I'm gona have to call it for today though I'll give it a new go on sunday :)

Have fun guys and good luck all!

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 19:09
Feels good, did 5 laps in a row below 55 but havent managed to set a new best lap yet. I'm gona have to call it for today though I'll give it a new go on sunday :)

Have fun guys and good luck all!

Ok drizzit, have some great days! Thanks!

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 19:11
New ATS V loosened it up like cpcdem suggested, still not as fast as him but cut about 0.150 from my PB.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 20:02
Thanks cpcdem for running the 911! I am not as far off as I thought at least.

wcujer80
20-10-2017, 20:12
The traction control is pretty intrusive in it, you can try messing with that. it also makes peak power wayyy before redline, feels slow to shortshift, but it's faster in this one. It's pretty quick once you get the hang of it, but I find it a hard car to drive fast also, it's not very intuitive.

It was the brake bias. I kept dialing it back but it needed to be about 3% further to the front than pretty much everything else I run. Did ok with that then grabbed Blink's set-up, modified it a bit and got into the low 55's. Now that it is sort of dialed in to near how I like it it feels good.

Also, put in some laps with the SLS and managed to make that the first GT3 I got into the 54's here. It was a modified version of Hardrock's set-up and it is not something I'd ever run outside of TT. It is fast but way too loose for my liking and don't think I'd ever find consistency in those lap times over a long run.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 20:27
Congratulations wcujer80! Cool that you are modifying my setups. I can't brake very well and I use that 8.5:1 steering ratio(one armed) that is too fast for some people. You can also look into the LSD, most of the time I run it a bit conservative.

wcujer80
20-10-2017, 20:43
Braking with my current set-up is bad too so I like the lower brake pressure. Didn't even notice the steering ratio so I'll have to look into that too. Now I need to start looking at where your set-ups differ from what I've been running and see what adjustments do what so I can start to make changes on my own that make sense. On the M6 set-up I moved the longitudal weight backwards to keep the back down some and give me a bit better grip under power (in theory). I also think I may have moved the camber the wrong way so I'll need to look into that later.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 21:03
Braking with my current set-up is bad too so I like the lower brake pressure. Didn't even notice the steering ratio so I'll have to look into that too. Now I need to start looking at where your set-ups differ from what I've been running and see what adjustments do what so I can start to make changes on my own that make sense. On the M6 set-up I moved the longitudal weight backwards to keep the back down some and give me a bit better grip under power (in theory). I also think I may have moved the camber the wrong way so I'll need to look into that later.

Yeah I have problems with the brakes. Where do you have your brake sensitivity set? Mine is probably too high, some of the other drivers are in the 30s.

cpcdem
20-10-2017, 21:27
Thanks cpcdem for running the 911! I am not as far off as I thought at least.

You're welcome! I'll run also the rest and check your setups as well, just limited time available unfortunately..I am also trying to do some multiplayer that I enjoy as well!

Edit: Btw, I think those sensitivity values are enormous! Throttle at 100 and Brake at 59? A tap on the gas pedal must be giving you too much throttle, also a tap in the brake and you must be locking bigtime! Now I understand why you use very low values to brake pressure..Maybe you should try changing them to values like 40-50, how do they feel this way? (I do not comment about steering sensitivity, due to the physical issues I can imagine this may feel easier for you)

David Semperger
20-10-2017, 22:08
Holy! That's really great David, thanks so much for your time and expertise in improving the SLS. You'll probably be next into the 53's.:cool:

I wish. :)

Seriously, I think it is definitely possible to run a 53 with the SLS, but it would require the perfect lap from me, something I didn't manage yet. Given that I was always 0.5 to 1 second slower from the fastest drivers I went up against in the past, depending on track, I'm sure someone could do it.

EDIT, yeah I just checked your setup, yes those are some big camber numbers!

Yeah, and that part of the setup is actually barely modified compared to the default Loose one, I only maxed out the front camber to gain a bit more turn-in. It is one area where I still want to experiment much more. Generally my problem with the SLS, even with my setup, has been sluggish turn in, so I'm looking for a way to make the rear just a little bit more loose, without making it uncontrollable. I tried 0 downforce at the back for a while, but that did more harm than good in the many fast corners. Progressively reducing rear camber may just do the trick, but I'm also looking at slightly stiffening up the rear sway bars.

Qualifying trim. I don't know, in PC1 there were some who thought more camber(somewhat a matter of degree) made the tires wear better but I think camber should cause more wear, I don't run custom races or multiplayer so I can't verify myself.

It should depend on the track. If the tires are getting worn primarily due to relatively straight acceleration out of slow corners, then camber may be a hindrance in terms of wear, since in a straight line it reduces the contact patch, and with everything else being equal that smaller patch will wear faster. On the other hand in faster corners the contact patch on the loaded, outside tires should be greater with more camber, which should increase grip and reduce wear, since in faster corners lateral slip is what kills tires I believe, especially on more abrasive surfaces.

I think if there was a place to add notes in the setups to explain the changes needed to go from a TT setup to a more race friendly setup it might help the new people who are going to use the shared set up. Just front and rear camber changes, radiator and brake duct openings, downforce changes(as you've already noted) might help.

To start off, I would only check the radiators and fuel load. Otherwise most TT setups should be workable in warm, dry races, although tire wear likely won't be ideal. In different weather, all bets are off. Generally you want a softer suspension for rain and the brake balance moved slightly more to the front for example. In colder, but dry weather however a stiffer suspension may be more help overall, since it will allow you to work the tires harder, to keep their temps and pressures up, which may very well offset any negative effects of a stiffer suspension. Not to mention that in the cold the radiators can be closed up more as well, as the car will get more cooling due to the lower temperatures at a given radiator setting. I have no idea what would be ideal for winter driving. :)

Yeah I have problems with the brakes. Where do you have your brake sensitivity set? Mine is probably too high, some of the other drivers are in the 30s.

Just for reference, I'm at 35 throttle, 20 brake sensitivity.

Also, put in some laps with the SLS and managed to make that the first GT3 I got into the 54's here. It was a modified version of Hardrock's set-up and it is not something I'd ever run outside of TT. It is fast but way too loose for my liking and don't think I'd ever find consistency in those lap times over a long run.

Sorry, had to make that boat turn-in somehow. :)

Congrats on breaking the 54 barrier!

SGETI
20-10-2017, 22:51
david semperger
What are the chances you would take the time to post your Cadillac and SLS tune here, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55895-Set-up-Requests-for-Consoles-(pictures)

Thank you in advance for your time.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 23:54
Hi cpcdem, thanks for doing all your runs for us so we have a benchmark! I guess the rap that the cars are not very good is incorrect, sadly it really is the drivers that are having the problems. In the hands of a great driver the cars are good in default, except that dang Aston Martin Vantage GT3. Any chance you can get to the GTR and RS01 in the future would be appreciated. Great run in the SLS! Thanks Laiders for you default runs as well.

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 02:13
Yeah, will do, also want to have another try with the Aston Martin. I was running a few TTs in Watkins, currently the M6 is a bit faster than the 488 in the leaderboards, there are a few more like that, too, but in general admittedly the Ferrari is about a second in front on average. On the other hand, there are 4 or 5 times more lap times registered with the Ferrari, than with other cars..Looks like it has the clear advantage in high speed tracks, but not really in slow/medium speed ones.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 02:57
You're welcome! I'll run also the rest and check your setups as well, just limited time available unfortunately..I am also trying to do some multiplayer that I enjoy as well!

Edit: Btw, I think those sensitivity values are enormous! Throttle at 100 and Brake at 59? A tap on the gas pedal must be giving you too much throttle, also a tap in the brake and you must be locking bigtime! Now I understand why you use very low values to brake pressure..Maybe you should try changing them to values like 40-50, how do they feel this way? (I do not comment about steering sensitivity, due to the physical issues I can imagine this may feel easier for you)

No, go ahead and enjoy your multiplayer, we don't have a deadline.. We(me) are mostly just having fun trying to get close to you and bringing drizzit along, he really shouldn't be beating me this early in his career.:(
Yeah, my braking is horrible, believe it or not I just lowered the brake sensitivity from 100 recently, I had been trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about their cars spinning out while entering a corner. I try to set up my cars so people who don't know how to drive as well as you can at least get around the track if they share my setups. I try and be conservative for the majority of people, I want them to feel successful, enjoy the game. I wreck a lot testing but hopefully most people can drive my cars with a few changes like brake bias, pressure and my stupid fast steering ratio. I put in the TC you wanted instead of my birthday in case they didn't know to change this. Most of us will never be as good a driver as you, but if I can help people get within a second of you instead of being 3 seconds back it might be more fun for all of us.;)

wcujer80
21-10-2017, 03:32
No, go ahead and enjoy your multiplayer, we don't have a deadline.. We(me) are mostly just having fun trying to get close to you and bringing drizzit along, he really shouldn't be beating me this early in his career.:(
Yeah, my braking is horrible, believe it or not I just lowered the brake sensitivity from 100 recently, I had been trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about their cars spinning out while entering a corner. I try to set up my cars so people who don't know how to drive as well as you can at least get around the track if they share my setups. I try and be conservative for the majority of people, I want them to feel successful, enjoy the game. I wreck a lot testing but hopefully most people can drive my cars with a few changes like brake bias, pressure and my stupid fast steering ratio. I put in the TC you wanted instead of my birthday in case they didn't know to change this. Most of us will never be as good a driver as you, but if I can help people get within a second of you instead of being 3 seconds back it might be more fun for all of us.;)

I did look at my brake sensitivity and I have it down at 35 for the pedals I have now. Now next week I'll need to change that and re-learn how to brake when I get actual good pedals. Keep doing your thing with the set-ups too. Even if they don't make me faster it does help me get a feel for the cars as I know someone else can make that set-up work. If I'm slow with it, it is because of me or my driving style and not the set-up. I can deal with that since that just means I need to get better.

LtYpE
21-10-2017, 04:42
I hope SMS brings us new BoP updates.

Ravager619
21-10-2017, 05:52

I did a few more tweaks on my GT-R setup and shaved quite a bit of time off my prior best. It's still a little loose but I like it that way in some of the corners. I'll likely work on getting under 55 seconds during the weekend.

David Semperger
21-10-2017, 06:24
I hope SMS brings us new BoP updates.

So far I didn't see conclusive evidence that big updates would be needed. Given the many unique characteristics the cars have, which one is best will likely change from track to track and we've been focusing on one really short one here. Personal driving style also plays a huge role. For example, I've heard people say the SLS is hopeless, but at least at Silverstone National, both me and cpcdem almost managed to reach the Ferrari's time, which many say is by far the best all around. Basically, with all the variables at play here, I don't think we have a good idea yet on what changes would be needed and to which cars, if any.

drizzit
21-10-2017, 07:19

Sorry! :D

Your setups have helped me tremendously with no changes but I use 50 for both brake and steering sensitivity. It has helped me learn enough to realize a loose setup will make me faster when I get a good run but I'm still not good enough to be consistent with them.
I'm hoping to eventually learn enough to be able to do some setups myself too but I think I need some basic car lessons first to understand what I'm doing heh

@ravager619 great job! I'll be sure to try your new setup when I get home tomorrow

@david I'm not really consistent enough to draw any big conclusions yet but I think a big part of the differences seen so far (beside the Ferrari being popular so more times posted with it) seems to be the Ferrari having a better tuned default setup then quite a few of the others. Like the SLS, I'm not too far of my Ferrari times once I got a tuned setup but with the default I couldn't even get close. As you say I'm not Totaly convinced we need a BoP, I think we rather need a balance of the default setups.

David Semperger
21-10-2017, 07:24
What are the chances you would take the time to post your Cadillac and SLS tune here, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55895-Set-up-Requests-for-Consoles-(pictures)

Thank you in advance for your time.

Done for the SLS. :)

I don't have a good one for the Cadillac, but given how much I don't like it with the defaults, it would be an interesting challenge to find one I like.

@david I'm not really consistent enough to draw any big conclusions yet but I think a big part of the differences seen so far (beside the Ferrari being popular so more times posted with it) seems to be the Ferrari having a better tuned default setup then quite a few of the others. Like the SLS, I'm not too far of my Ferrari times once I got a tuned setup but with the default I couldn't even get close. As you say I'm not Totaly convinced we need a BoP, I think we rather need a balance of the default setups.

Well, at this time I'm skeptical about that too. Look at cpcdem's fastest time with the SLS. He beat me with the default setup, while the best I could do with it was a 54.6 (although I have a few ideas how I could get faster without technically changing the setup :)). It is more that certain setups will suit different people. If you find a car that handles the way you want it out of the box, you will do well with it and the Ferrari seems to tick this box for many. Also, there is only a single default setup that has to be relatively good for all tracks, which is just impossible in practice, so the fastest car with the default setup will necessarily change from track to track. So far, I think the cars are close enough that any change to either the default setups or BoP would be an overreaction, even though I hate the Cadillac and Bentley. :)

drizzit
21-10-2017, 07:32
I probably worded that poorly (English not being my first language sorry :) ) but my point wasn't that some setups are worse just that they are harder to control and do well with.
Main problem is most people using the default setups are like me and don't know how to tune them to fit us and a few cars like the Ferrari turn out to be quite alot easier to drive with the default setup. so maybe some default setups need a bit of tuning to make them a bit easier to control for the masses as the people who are fast probably know how to make them fit their style anyway.

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 09:07
Well, at this time I'm skeptical about that too. Look at cpcdem's fastest time with the SLS. He beat me with the default setup, while the best I could do with it was a 54.6 (although I have a few ideas how I could get faster without technically changing the setup :)). It is more that certain setups will suit different people. If you find a car that handles the way you want it out of the box, you will do well with it and the Ferrari seems to tick this box for many. Also, there is only a single default setup that has to be relatively good for all tracks, which is just impossible in practice, so the fastest car with the default setup will necessarily change from track to track. So far, I think the cars are close enough that any change to either the default setups or BoP would be an overreaction, even though I hate the Cadillac and Bentley. :)

I am doing many runs in the default setup to try and find what's the best possible time I can do with that, because usually when I am tuning, I end up making things worse :) and I don't know if my lap time improvements are due to improved setup, or I just learned how to drive the car better.. Now that I have logged times with default setup, I have a benchmark of myself and I can try tuning to see if I can improve with that. Regarding not "technically" changing the setup, yeah, even when I use default setup, almost always I change the brake bias while in car a bit to suit me better. With some cars I even need to reduce the brake bias for the first corner (so I get a better turn in) and then increase it 3-4 clicks for the rest of the lap.

Regarding the Ferrari, I did a 53.9 after experimenting with A LOT of setups from many people that are contributing here and after A LOT of laps. When I tried again with default setup, with the 488 I could only do 54.4, just once I managed a 54.3, but never better than that. I think the biggest advantage of the Ferrari, in addition to it's straight line speed, is that it seems to have some kind of stability control always enabled, even when SC is off, and this makes it easy to be consistent in a race. You really, really have to push it, to make a big mistake (Edit: I mean spin out of control). But in general, I also am not convinced that it is always faster.

Olijke Poffer
21-10-2017, 09:12
Perhaps a strange question but what does BOP stand for? Balance Of Performance?

drizzit
21-10-2017, 09:13
Perhaps a strange question but what does BOP stand for? Balance Of Performance?

Correct :)

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 09:15

Hey Blink, I think you misunderstood me. I am not talking about the TC/ABS etc settings in your tunes, I am talking about the throttle/brake sensitivity general game options that are only local to your machine and do not affect other people at all. I would think that your settings are making it very difficult to apply little throttle or brake, if I understand correctly the descriptions, just a small tap in the pedals will result to almost 100% throttle or brake! Which is probably making it very difficult for you to do a better lap time than what you would otherwise do, but it is not affecting people using your tunes at all. Please try adjusting the values lower, even to 30% as others suggested (for brake and throttle sensitivity, in the game options screen), after getting used to it a bit, can't you drive the cars more easily now? I would suggest to also reduce steering sensitivity as well and test with that, too, it may help you, it may not, but worth a try. On the other hand, maybe I am wrong and your settings are actually more helpful..so I will give them a try, too.

David Semperger
21-10-2017, 09:16
straight line speed

This is an interesting topic. On paper all GT3 cars have roughly the same power-to-weight ratio I believe, but for example gearing plays a huge role here as well, at least it feels like the different cars have slightly differing ratios between them. I really think the SLS could be made 1 or 2 tenths faster just by adjusting the gearing, because at Copse I feel the RPM is never quite ideal. In 3rd you have to shift up quickly at the exit, while in 4th (which I tend to use) the RPM falls just a bit too low, so I'm losing time one way or another. The best would be if I could make the 4th gear ever so slightly shorter. If another GT3 car has a gearing that is more optimal throughout a track, then it will have an advantage in acceleration and possibly even top speed depending on the length of a straight that follows a corner, even if the power-to-weight is the same. Since with GT3 cars the gearing is fixed, this adds to the variability in lap times on the various tracks.

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 09:33
This an interesting topic. On paper all GT3 cars have roughly the same power-to-weight ratio I believe, but for example gearing plays a huge role here as well, at least it feels like the different cars have slightly differing ratios between them. I really think the SLS could be made 1 or 2 tenths faster just by adjusting the gearing, because at Copse I feel the RPM is never quite ideal. In 3rd you have to shift up quickly at the exit, while in 4th (which I tend to use) the RPM falls just a bit too low, so I'm losing time one way or another. The best would be if I could make the 4th gear ever so slightly shorter. If another GT3 car has a gearing that is more optimal throughout a track, then it will have an advantage in acceleration and possibly even top speed depending on the length of a straight that follows a corner, even if the power-to-weight is the same. Since in GT3 cars the gearing is fixed, this adds to the variability in lap times on the various tracks.

Yeah, agreed. It also gives a nice variety when jumping from one GT3 car to another, you need to adjust a lot. Btw, even the 488 GTE has very different gear ratios than the GT3, in the GTE they are much sorter.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 10:48
Hey Blink, I think you misunderstood me. I am not talking about the TC/ABS etc settings in your tunes, I am talking about the throttle/brake sensitivity general game options that are only local to your machine and do not affect other people at all. I would think that your settings are making it very difficult to apply little throttle or brake, if I understand correctly the descriptions, just a small tap in the pedals will result to almost 100% throttle or brake! Which is probably making it very difficult for you to do a better lap time than what you would otherwise do, but it is not affecting people using your tunes at all. Please try adjusting the values lower, even to 30% as others suggested (for brake and throttle sensitivity, in the game options screen), after getting used to it a bit, can't you drive the cars more easily now? I would suggest to also reduce steering sensitivity as well and test with that, too, it may help you, it may not, but worth a try. On the other hand, maybe I am wrong and your settings are actually more helpful..so I will give them a try, too.

Hey cpcdem, if you have time would you try driving my ATS V with fully automatic? I could use another benchmark, then go ahead and drive it your usual way.:) I am hoping to regain some use of my left hand and arm in the future, then maybe I could use the paddles at least.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 11:10
Hi Ravager, good to see you are back.:D I hope your knee is better, holds up too.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 13:10
Hey Sloskimo, another request, same problem as yesterday, no improvement. I changed the Huracan, still about .2 behind cpcdem, needed to get closer to him before he drives it tuned.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 14:26
hi, I finally managed to get ahead of Laiders, tough enough.

drizzit
21-10-2017, 15:15
hi, I finally managed to get ahead of Laiders, tough enough.

Close one :D congratulations!

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 15:42
Yeah, smoked him.:p

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 16:23
Hey cpcdem, if you have time would you try driving my ATS V with fully automatic? I could use another benchmark, then go ahead and drive it your usual way.:) I am hoping to regain some use of my left hand and arm in the future, then maybe I could use the paddles at least.

Done! I got a better hang of that car, improved a little the time with default setup and auto gears, just adjusted (reduced) brake bias 53 for the first turn (better braking and turning), then 56 for the rest of the lap (yes, 56 did help over 55 regarding braking stability in the slow corners). So far I am not sure if automatic gearbox helped me or it did the opposite. It felt strange, but I think it did not affect speed considerably.

About running with custom setups, I will not do that until you ask me to! (it's not easy for me anyway running with custom setups, I need to spend considerable amounts of time to make sure what I am adjusting makes sense)

Ravager619
21-10-2017, 16:54
Hi Ravager, good to see you are back.:D I hope your knee is better, holds up too.

Thanks. I have "runner's knee" and it started about a day or two before PC2 release day. I made an adjustment to the pedal position on my Wheel Stand Pro and it's actually feeling a little better this morning. On a somewhat related topic, I finally figured out that Super Sampling at High and turning down a few settings from Ultra to High really made a difference in jagged lines without hurting my gaming rig's performance.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 16:54
Done! I got a better hang of that car, improved a little the time with default setup and auto gears, just adjusted (reduced) brake bias 53 for the first turn (better braking and turning), then 56 for the rest of the lap (yes, 56 did help over 55 regarding braking stability in the slow corners). So far I am not sure if automatic gearbox helped me or it did the opposite. It felt strange, but I think it did not affect speed considerably.

About running with custom setups, I will not do that until you ask me to! (it's not easy for me anyway running with custom setups, I need to spend considerable amounts of time to make sure what I am adjusting makes sense)

Ok, Thanks cpcdem. So not really any considerable impact between manual and automatic. When you get a chance run my setup for me, no rush. It will most likely be much slower than you with default, I would just like to know. Based upon what has been happening lately you will probably be a tenth/ tenth and half slower than default. The problem is since we started all this testing with the 302 Ford on 10/6 you have become a much more experienced/better driver so when I used to do a tuned set up for you it would help now it holds you back. The only ones I might help you with are the bad default ones. Ok, never mind the ATS V run the Bentley.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 16:58
Thanks. I have "runner's knee" and it started about a day or two before PC2 release day. I made an adjustment to the pedal position on my Wheel Stand Pro and it's actually feeling a little better this morning. On a somewhat related topic, I finally figured out that Super Sampling at High and turning down a few settings from Ultra to High really made a difference in jagged lines without hurting my gaming rig's performance.

Ok. Yeah I have already turned things down to low, it's looks bad but I get fewer lock ups Freezes.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 17:50
Meh, it's cra* but ahead is ahead. Follow my Ghost for a laugh at Brooklands..
243491:p

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 18:26
Excellent nonwin.:D

drizzit
21-10-2017, 18:42

I take back the earlier "close one" comment, that's a new record lol

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 21:33

What? I want to make an official complaint to the SMS guys! When a time is duplicated, then the one made first should be regarded first, not the second! I am so massively disappointed, I will not touch this game again, until this is fixed!!!

:) :) :)

Nicely done! :)

Roger Prynne
21-10-2017, 21:49
Well done to both of you.
You can have half a cookie each.

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 22:25
Ok, Thanks cpcdem. So not really any considerable impact between manual and automatic. When you get a chance run my setup for me, no rush. It will most likely be much slower than you with default, I would just like to know. Based upon what has been happening lately you will probably be a tenth/ tenth and half slower than default. The problem is since we started all this testing with the 302 Ford on 10/6 you have become a much more experienced/better driver so when I used to do a tuned set up for you it would help now it holds you back. The only ones I might help you with are the bad default ones. Ok, never mind the ATS V run the Bentley.

Yeah, after so many laps in this track, it was inevitable I would get better :)
I also learned some things about setups, I am now more confident to build my own from scratch, thanks for your help :)
I tried your setups now with both the Cadillac and the Bentley, actually I am not just behind my own times, actually I can't catch your ghost either. I think that's because you've made then in a way that suit you, but apparently they don't suit me as well. Well, the differences are just a few tenths, we are not talking about massive differences of course. I think your setup that I could really make use of was the one for the 302R, because this one was very difficult to drive in default, but your setup tamed it a lot and this had helped.

Edit: To prove myself, I used the tune I made yesterday for Watkins, adjusted it a bit and now made a better time with the 488 in Silverstone/National, and there's more potential still left. Now I do understand and agree with people saying that you are better off not using other people's setups, but instead make your own. It was not an elitist suggestion as I once thought, instead it is true than it's much easier to make yourself a setup that fits better to your style. But of course checking and trying other people's setups can help you a lot learning to build your own, so thanks again!

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 23:20
Slow progress, it would have been better but then cpcdem had to go and drop his previous best another .2.

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 23:22
Cool cpcdem.:cool:

blinkngone
21-10-2017, 23:26
Yeah, after so many laps in this track, it was inevitable I would get better :)
I also learned some things about setups, I am now more confident to build my own from scratch, thanks for your help :)
I tried your setups now with both the Cadillac and the Bentley, actually I am not just behind my own times, actually I can't catch your ghost either. I think that's because you've made then in a way that suit you, but apparently they don't suit me as well. Well, the differences are just a few tenths, we are not talking about massive differences of course. I think your setup that I could really make use of was the one for the 302R, because this one was very difficult to drive in default, but your setup tamed it a lot and this had helped.

Edit: To prove myself, I used the tune I made yesterday for Watkins, adjusted it a bit and now made a better time with the 488 in Silverstone/National, and there's more potential still left. Now I do understand and agree with people saying that you are better off not using other people's setups, but instead make your own. It was not an elitist suggestion as I once thought, instead it is true than it's much easier to make yourself a setup that fits better to your style. But of course checking and trying other people's setups can help you a lot learning to build your own, so thanks again!

That ok my ATS V was a problem, just wanted to know. Better now, thanks. So you think your Bentley run was legit, it's really that bad in default? Nevermind I see you ran it again. Ok cut it back to 0.149 gap. Are you done with the 911? I could use a GTR when you're not busy.

wcujer80
21-10-2017, 23:42
Got the R8 down into the 54's after about 20 minutes of being annoyed with a 55.001. Just don't see me finding the 7 tenths I need to be up there with the top 3 any time soon. Think I should be able to get that Nissan down a few more tenths. Probably not enough to get that under 55 but enough to be within a few tenths I think. I also was considering running the Aston more today since I'm close on that thing, but I honestly think that lap may be a fluke since I absolutely nailed that first sector. Not really sure that I'll get a time below 13.6 again in that sector.

cpcdem
21-10-2017, 23:55
That ok my ATS V was a problem, just wanted to know. Better now, thanks. So you think your Bentley run was legit, it's really that bad in default? Nevermind I see you ran it again. Ok cut it back to 0.149 gap. Are you done with the 911? I could use a GTR when you're not busy.

Yes, it was legit, I don't think I could better it. But I think the main problem is the traction control, it's too much in this car. So I turned it down a lot and managed a 54.2. The setup for this time is completely default, except only for TC, which is 18% instead of 10%. Gonna give a try now to the GTR, also try again the 911.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 00:07
Got the R8 down into the 54's after about 20 minutes of being annoyed with a 55.001. Just don't see me finding the 7 tenths I need to be up there with the top 3 any time soon. Think I should be able to get that Nissan down a few more tenths. Probably not enough to get that under 55 but enough to be within a few tenths I think. I also was considering running the Aston more today since I'm close on that thing, but I honestly think that lap may be a fluke since I absolutely nailed that first sector. Not really sure that I'll get a time below 13.6 again in that sector.

That's great wcujer80! It just takes time. Sloskimo and I haven't really spent any time tuning the R8 yet. Are you using our setups or making your own? I just started the Nissan today, we don't have a cpcdem default run yet to know where to go. I found the springs to be a problem myself so I started adjusting the dampers. If you adjust the rear slow bump higher it will start to rotate more. I was having a problem getting it to rotate into the corners. God I hope it's not another mid 54 car to deal with. I wouldn't mess with the Aston yet, there is a problem with it, I haven't a lot of time in the car but it is typically the slowest of the GT3s at any track and we need to dig a lot more to find what is wrong. What about the 650S you are close to the 54s with it and it is a pretty good car at more tracks?

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 00:14
Yes, it was legit, I don't think I could better it. But I think the main problem is the traction control, it's too much in this car. So I turned it down a lot and managed a 54.2. The setup for this time is completely default, except only for TC, which is 18% instead of 10%. Gonna give a try now to the GTR, also try again the 911.

Well thanks cpcdem! Are there no slow cars in this stupid GT3 class? Thank god for the AM!:cool: Thanks for doing the Nissan, this is the car to give Rossi nightmares, numb springs and all.

wcujer80
22-10-2017, 00:33
That's great wcujer80! It just takes time. Sloskimo and I haven't really spent any time tuning the R8 yet. Are you using our setups or making your own? I just started the Nissan today, we don't have a cpcdem default run yet to know where to go. I found the springs to be a problem myself so I started adjusting the dampers. If you adjust the rear slow bump higher it will start to rotate more. I was having a problem getting it to rotate into the corners. God I hope it's not another mid 54 car to deal with. I wouldn't mess with the Aston yet, there is a problem with it, I haven't a lot of time in the car but it is typically the slowest of the GT3s at any track and we need to dig a lot more to find what is wrong. What about the 650S you are close to the 54s with it and it is a pretty good car at more tracks?

Mainly been using your set-up as a base and then adjusting from there based on how it feels. Your set-up tends to be quicker than the default set-ups for me so I start with them and just adjust steering ratio and sometimes brake pressure. Then I see if I need to worry about brake bias and other balance issues. Brake balance is tough for me because some cars I differ by 2 to 3% than you towards the rear but the Aston I actually have at 61 or 62% (you were at 58) towards the front. Anything more towards the rear and I am an unstable breaking to the Maggots and Becketts with that car.

I think my biggest issue right now is that it is bar far the worst GT3 car for me in terms of power understeer. I think I'm using your set-up and it has helped quite a bit but I'm still not great with that car under throttle. Hoping that when the clubsports come I'll be able to feather the throttle a tad bit better than I can with the current pedals. I really haven't run the McLaren anymore since I've been happier trying to fight with the GT3's that are a little more of a handful or need to be worked differently to get them to go fast. One of the reasons I haven't tried to get my 488 time down is, while I can get it to go fast, it just takes whatever I throw at it and doesn't really fight back. I think it is sort of better for me to wrestle some of these other cars around the track so I can work on counter-steer and my throttle and brake application.

I figure that I'm going to mess with the Cadillac next since that was one of the first cars I tried on this track. I figure that with all the track time I've put in and using your set-up as a base I should be able to get that car down easily into the 55s. I should also mess with the Bentley but that requires me to re-calibrate my brain since it is right hand drive.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 00:37
Mainly been using your set-up as a base and then adjusting from there based on how it feels. Your set-up tends to be quicker than the default set-ups for me so I start with them and just adjust steering ratio and sometimes brake pressure. Then I see if I need to worry about brake bias and other balance issues. Brake balance is tough for me because some cars I differ by 2 to 3% than you towards the rear but the Aston I actually have at 61 or 62% (you were at 58) towards the front. Anything more towards the rear and I am an unstable breaking to the Maggots and Becketts with that car.

I think my biggest issue right now is that it is bar far the worst GT3 car for me in terms of power understeer. I think I'm using your set-up and it has helped quite a bit but I'm still not great with that car under throttle. Hoping that when the clubsports come I'll be able to feather the throttle a tad bit better than I can with the current pedals. I really haven't run the McLaren anymore since I've been happier trying to fight with the GT3's that are a little more of a handful or need to be worked differently to get them to go fast. One of the reasons I haven't tried to get my 488 time down is, while I can get it to go fast, it just takes whatever I throw at it and doesn't really fight back. I think it is sort of better for me to wrestle some of these other cars around the track so I can work on counter-steer and my throttle and brake application.

I figure that I'm going to mess with the Cadillac next since that was one of the first cars I tried on this track. I figure that with all the track time I've put in and using your set-up as a base I should be able to get that car down easily into the 55s. I should also mess with the Bentley but that requires me to re-calibrate my brain since it is right hand drive.

Ok, go with the ATS V I just used cpcdems input and the setup is much better now, I'm still working on the Bentley. The Clubsport pedals will make you think you are God.

For the first corner(Copse) at the 100 marker, foot off the accelerator, brake and turn then on the accelerator again, just takes practice.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 00:51
Good grief! Thanks cpcdem. I guess.:confused:The cars were supposed to be all messed up in default, utterly hopeless for most, causing so much despair and anguish. Oh the Humanity! Curse you SMS! The FACT that they are all so good is more work for me though.

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 00:58
Good grief! Thanks cpcdem. I guess.:confused:The cars were supposed to be all messed up in default, utterly hopeless for most, causing so much despair and anguish. Oh the Humanity! Curse you SMS! The FACT that they are all so good is more work for me though.

:)

I couldn't do much with the 911, though. I sometimes manage to be a couple tenths in front of you in the Hangar straight, but I lose it always in the final 3 turns complex, the car drifts away for me from the driving line under braking and I haven't managed to overcome this by driving alone yet. Have not felt that with other cars yet and I am not sure how to fix it in tuning either. Had you felt that this was a problem for you, too? If yes, what did you do in the setup to overcome it?

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 01:16

I couldn't do much with the 911, though. I sometimes manage to be a couple tenths in front of you in the Hangar straight, but I lose it always in the final 3 turns complex, the car drifts away for me from the driving line under braking and I haven't managed to overcome this by driving alone yet. Have not felt that with other cars yet and I am not sure how to fix it in tuning either. Had you felt that this was a problem for you, too? If yes, what did you do in the setup to overcome it?

Yes I have that same problem, didn't it show up in my ghost between Brooklands and Luffield? The thing pretzeled on me, God saved it I didn't. I just held my breath and eased off the wheel and it corrected. I haven't worked on it yet, I was just grateful to have 1 single car in front of your default time so I could say sort of finished and move to another.;) I didn't even make any additional laps with it. You left me with too much work.:cool: I'll come back to it later, promise.

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 01:31
No did not notice it, because I was always losing the car myself there :)

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 01:41

You'll find them, if you think about it, it's just 1-2 tenths per corner..With more practice you will realize that you can go on throttle earlier after the corners, or put a little bit the gas down while cornering to carry some more speed. I think when we started this, we all were almost a second slower than our current times and of course we are still learning..
Just one thing, I think with all cars you are taking that final corner a bit too wide, you never hit the inside kerbs on the right, so it's more difficult to get soon on the gas for the straight ahead. I could be wrong, but at least in the Audi I think you're losing a much time because of that.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 02:14
2;)

Ravager619
22-10-2017, 03:02

Oh, look. The aliens have arrived to smash the 55 second barrier. Great job, you two!

wcujer80
22-10-2017, 03:47
Ok, go with the ATS V I just used cpcdems input and the setup is much better now, I'm still working on the Bentley. The Clubsport pedals will make you think you are God.

For the first corner(Copse) at the 100 marker, foot off the accelerator, brake and turn then on the accelerator again, just takes practice.

Down to a 55.2. Had my (crappy) set-up down to a 55.8 and your set-up basically stock (very minor changes) at 55.5 or so. Your set-ups are much less loose than what I've done with the default loose set-up. Makes it easier to drive but I may need to loosen some up to see if I'm quicker like that (sort of like how I was with SLS set-up). Also got the 650S down to just under 54.9 by messing with your set-up.

Just one thing, I think with all cars you are taking that final corner a bit too wide, you never hit the inside kerbs on the right, so it's more difficult to get soon on the gas for the straight ahead. I could be wrong, but at least in the Audi I think you're losing a much time because of that.

I'm missing the lines all over the place, but I know I'm worst in that last sector (though I rarely cover myself in glory in the Magotts and Becketts complex). That is also the sector I have the least consistency in as well from lap to lap. One of these days I'll actually follow one of your ghosts just to see what lines I should be hitting. I'm assuming you are talking about Luffield, the long right hander after the only left on the course.

Ravager619
22-10-2017, 06:10

No one asked for it, but I worked on Oulton Park Island for a bit today. This one was tough. I made it to 2nd place on the board with the SMS Loose setup, and for a long time today whenever I made changes to it I got slower. I finally found something that worked. TBH, on that fast lap I had a perfect entry and exit in Old Hall... one of the very few I made today.

David Semperger
22-10-2017, 06:21
So not really any considerable impact between manual and automatic.

I wouldn't necessarily say this in general. When I was driving with my gamepad I used automatic shifting and found it really aggravating at Monza with the 488 GT3. The way it works is that it tries to keep the RPM high as much as possible, which sounds good on paper, but in practice it often shifts down when you wouldn't especially in slow corners, like the first chicane at Monza, where it often put me in 1st gear while 2nd was clearly more optimal. The car would have been more stable in 2nd, so 1st made the corner exit trickier, beating the advantage of the higher RPM. I assume automatic shifting could be even in more detrimental in the rain for example, where short shifting is usually a good idea.

So, it may not be too bad relatively in the dry, but you give up a considerable amount of car control with automatic shifting.

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 08:36
Oh, look. The aliens have arrived to smash the 55 second barrier. Great job, you two!

Thanks but nah, we've just found our little corner in the universe that aliens have not visited yet, so we can fool ourselves that we are the best :)

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 08:41
I wouldn't necessarily say this in general. When I was driving with my gamepad I used automatic shifting and found it really aggravating at Monza with the 488 GT3. The way it works is that it tries to keep RPM high as much as possible, which sounds good on paper, but in practice it often shifts down when you wouldn't especially in slow corners, like the first chicane at Monza, where it often put me in 1st gear while 2nd was clearly more optimal. The car would have been more stable in 2nd, so 1st made the corner exit trickier, beating the advantage of the higher RPM. I assume automatic shifting could be even in more detrimental in the rain for example, where short shifting is usually a good idea.

So, it may not be too bad relatively in the dry, but you give up a considerable amount of car control with automatic shifting.

Ah, yeah, agreed, especially if it puts you to 1st year in those corners then I am sure it's slowing you down considerably. I only tested it in the combo blinkngone needed, where it seemed to always put the gear I would had selected anyway, but I am sure as you say in other combos it will be a disadvantage. Btw, I noticed a nice thing, even if you have the automatic gearbox enabled, you can still upshift and downshift yourself manually with the buttons you have assigned, if you want to do a shift faster than the system would do it. I did not use it in my test, in order to have realiable results about the system, but might be handy for people that use automatic and may want at times to manually shift, too.

drizzit
22-10-2017, 09:05
Down to a 55.2. Had my (crappy) set-up down to a 55.8 and your set-up basically stock (very minor changes) at 55.5 or so. Your set-ups are much less loose than what I've done with the default loose set-up. Makes it easier to drive but I may need to loosen some up to see if I'm quicker like that (sort of like how I was with SLS set-up). Also got the 650S down to just under 54.9 by messing with your set-up.

I see you are passing me already, great going! :D

David Semperger
22-10-2017, 09:08
Btw, I noticed a nice thing, even if you have the automatic gearbox enabled, you can still upshift and downshift yourself manually with the buttons you have assigned, if you want to do a shift faster than the system would do it.

That is a great point actually, and counters the issue I raised with short shifting in the rain. Unfortunately it doesn't really help when the system decides to downshift when you wouldn't normally.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 09:42
I wouldn't necessarily say this in general. When I was driving with my gamepad I used automatic shifting and found it really aggravating at Monza with the 488 GT3. The way it works is that it tries to keep the RPM high as much as possible, which sounds good on paper, but in practice it often shifts down when you wouldn't especially in slow corners, like the first chicane at Monza, where it often put me in 1st gear while 2nd was clearly more optimal. The car would have been more stable in 2nd, so 1st made the corner exit trickier, beating the advantage of the higher RPM. I assume automatic shifting could be even in more detrimental in the rain for example, where short shifting is usually a good idea.

I think it may be track and car dependent as well, with the C9 at Ruapuna Outer Loop it will always try to bang a shift just as I am exiting the final corner to the start/finish straight messing things up. I think it is also a problem for me at Oulton Park.

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 09:43
I'm missing the lines all over the place, but I know I'm worst in that last sector (though I rarely cover myself in glory in the Magotts and Becketts complex). That is also the sector I have the least consistency in as well from lap to lap. One of these days I'll actually follow one of your ghosts just to see what lines I should be hitting. I'm assuming you are talking about Luffield, the long right hander after the only left on the course.

Yes, that one, you need to have a good exit form this corner, so you go with enough speed in the long straight ahead. I don't think any of our lines is perfect either, so take them with a grain of salt! But for certain, you need at some point to go close to the inside kerbs and then head for the outside kerbs in the exit of the corner, otherwise you are wasting track width and lap time of course. I know, it's tricky to get it right, I had to practice that corner a lot, need to get a very good coordination between steering, brake and throttle. Needs patience!

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 09:48

No one asked for it, but I worked on Oulton Park Island for a bit today. This one was tough. I made it to 2nd place on the board with the SMS Loose setup, and for a long time today whenever I made changes to it I got slower. I finally found something that worked. TBH, on that fast lap I had a perfect entry and exit in Old Hall... one of the very few I made today.

That's great Ravager! Oulton Park is always a tough track for me. In PC1 the 1st corner everyone used to run wide left into the grass, are you still allowed to do this?

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 10:00

Ok wcujer, I tighten up my setups by increasing rear camber, usually, so decreasing it will loosen them. In the LSD you can mess with the clutch packs, I have them at 2 so adding more back toward default will also loosen the car more like default.

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 10:26
2;)

I had forgotten about this one :)

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 10:43
I had forgotten about this one :)

Yeah I just used Laiders as a benchmark, most times you guys are pretty close so you don't have to do all the work. Sorry to bother you AGAIN but I don't have a benchmark for the BMW Z4. I keep forgetting about it because you have to scroll down to see it.:o

cpcdem
22-10-2017, 12:30
Yeah I just used Laiders as a benchmark, most times you guys are pretty close so you don't have to do all the work. Sorry to bother you AGAIN but I don't have a benchmark for the BMW Z4. I keep forgetting about it because you have to scroll down to see it.:o

No prob, done! But I am messing up all the time in the tight left corner, I am in front of you before that, but you're gaining about 2 tenths on me there and I can't manage to keep up. I gain that time back in the exit of the final corner, though.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 12:38
No prob, done! But I am messing up all the time in the tight left corner, I am in front of you before that, but you're gaining about 2 tenths on me there and I can't manage to keep up. I gain that time back in the exit of the final corner, though.

Thank you very much!!:D

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 12:43

OK, went back to the Aston Martin for you, this one will fight you(hope) but it is also faster as well. Not done, but better.

drizzit
22-10-2017, 16:21
A bit loose for me, kept spinning out when braking before the last combo but managed to shave of a bit on my time atleast

https://i.gyazo.com/8309539d6f3c4c1506c392f9990a2ab2.jpg

And took of quite a bit of my record with the Acura but man this car dont fit me at all for some reason, I'm really really inconsistent doing lots of laps around 56 then a 1 of at 55

https://i.gyazo.com/55424c363eab190cd03f058e37ee0928.jpg

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 16:41
A bit loose for me, kept spinning out when braking before the last combo but managed to shave of a bit on my time atleast

https://i.gyazo.com/8309539d6f3c4c1506c392f9990a2ab2.jpg
That's pretty cool drizzit, looks as though you shaved off almost 2 tenths. Brooklands/Luffield is tough. What is your brake bias and pressure and what sensitivity do you have in the main menu? The car is a mess but we'll get there, just takes time. Also I might have too much engine braking messing you up at Brooklands, can't remember, I'll look though.

Sorry about the NSX, anything more specific you can describe? I am going to have to work some more since cpcdem manged to cut another 2 tenths off his previous PB, moving target with that guy as he just seems to get better every day.:cool:

drizzit
22-10-2017, 16:58
I have been using your setups straight as is, I'm terrible at tuning so I dont know the first think what to change. For sensitivity settings I'm using 50 for steering/throttle and 35 for braking.

Took of quite a bit with the Cadillac too, your latest setuo feels good. Also tried wcujer80's version but that one I couldnt handle at all kept overshooting on braking points and spinning out :/

https://i.gyazo.com/c8577acaa253d335e974fa9f0186999b.jpg

wcujer80
22-10-2017, 17:07
A bit loose for me, kept spinning out when braking before the last combo but managed to shave of a bit on my time atleast.

If you haven't already move the brake bias towards the front and see if that helps. I'm not sure what ABS settings you are using but I keep mine in the 30% range so you can feel if you have moved it to far forward cause you'll slide the front. If you use a lot of ABS then you'll need to see if you are activating the ABS (flashes green on the HUD) under heavy braking a lot. I had the same issue on the M6 where I couldn't keep it stable under braking. I ended up going to 58 or 59% on the front to keep it stable for me under heavy braking. There is another car that I need to run over 60% to keep stable and there are several I can keep at 52 or 53%. If you can't find a balance and you are either locking the fronts or locking the backs then always use the one that is more towards the front. Better to slide the front then lose the back.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 17:11
If you haven't already move the brake bias towards the front and see if that helps. I'm not sure what ABS settings you are using but I keep mine in the 30% range so you can feel if you have moved it to far forward cause you'll slide the front. If you use a lot of ABS then you'll need to see if you are activating the ABS (flashes green on the HUD) under heavy braking a lot. I had the same issue on the M6 where I couldn't keep it stable under braking. I ended up going to 58 or 59% on the front to keep it stable for me under heavy braking. There is another car that I need to run over 60% to keep stable and there are several I can keep at 52 or 53%. If you can't find a balance and you are either locking the fronts or locking the backs then always use the one that is more towards the front. Better to slide the front then lose the back.

Thanks wcujer! Have you tried the Aston yet?

drizzit
22-10-2017, 17:17

I'll try messing a little with it, I really want to learn how to tune but I have so much to learn I know absolutely nothing atm lol

Took the nissan for a spin too, think thats the last car you guys have been changing since I was last on, feels really really good atm blinkngone, cut over half a second of my time

https://i.gyazo.com/05d5fd522f18d23ecf78e185a89542d5.jpg

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 17:18
Ok drizzit, I think more people are using 30 for brakes and 40 for acceleration so change these first, then you will almost always have to change brake bias and pressure to suit how you drive. You are doing great, taking chunks off your previous times in some cars!:)

drizzit
22-10-2017, 17:38
Ok drizzit, I think more people are using 30 for brakes and 40 for acceleration so change these first, then you will almost always have to change brake bias and pressure to suit how you drive. You are doing great, taking chunks off your previous times in some cars!:)

'll try it out, thank you both for the tips :)

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 17:48
'll try it out, thank you both for the tips :)

Ok and remember you are supposed to remain slightly behind me out of respect for your elders.;)

drizzit
22-10-2017, 17:51
Ok and remember you are supposed to remain slightly behind me out of respect for your elders.;)

Hehe no problem so far in most of the cars :D

drizzit
22-10-2017, 18:25
Still far behind the rest of you but another down below 55 atleast :)

https://i.gyazo.com/e4e78f249ef27e923f803b93c4e1c808.jpg

Now its time for a dinner break!

tommysalami
22-10-2017, 18:33
Nice and stable setup for the Vantage, very easy to drive.

Ravager619
22-10-2017, 19:48
That's great Ravager! Oulton Park is always a tough track for me. In PC1 the 1st corner everyone used to run wide left into the grass, are you still allowed to do this?

Nooooope! If you get 50% of your car on the left curb your lap is done. That's what makes it a great challenge now. You have to keep more than 50% of your car on the track on both the inside and outside curbs at this corner now.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 20:53
Nice and stable setup for the Vantage, very easy to drive.

Thank you very much for helping Tommy! Appreciate it. Do you think that is it? Are you done tuning or was this just your first attempt? If it is that is excellent that the worst car of the group is that quick.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 21:01
Awesome Tommy! Thanks again so much.

drizzit
22-10-2017, 21:44
Tommy, Doing under 55 consistently with your McLaren feels like I can get a fast one with this setup, a bit looser then I'm normaly comfortable with but getting there

The Aston I just cant control at all, I keep spinning out both accelerating and braking, can probably be fast if I manage to put a lap together but so far I'm just not good enough to control this one heh

tommysalami
22-10-2017, 22:54
Thank you very much for helping Tommy! Appreciate it. Do you think that is it? Are you done tuning or was this just your first attempt? If it is that is excellent that the worst car of the group is that quick.

I really dont know if I can get more out of that car's setup. I'll give it another go once I've gone through the rest of the GT3 cars.

I had a go with some other cars today as well. The Z4 surprised me with its pace. cpcdem's time with the Ferrari was hard to beat as well, he was really hauling ass putting down that time. The Ferrari is my least favorite car to drive of the group, and it's too bad that it's the fastest. It's hard to get it set up to turn in well while also putting power down. Maybe I'll have to go back to it and play with the diff

tommysalami
22-10-2017, 23:01
Tommy, Doing under 55 consistently with your McLaren feels like I can get a fast one with this setup, a bit looser then I'm normaly comfortable with but getting there

The Aston I just cant control at all, I keep spinning out both accelerating and braking, can probably be fast if I manage to put a lap together but so far I'm just not good enough to control this one heh

I found it kind of loose with the stock setup. I like my setups more on the neutral side. Try and watch your inputs with it. It's easy to get loose if you don't set up early enough for corners and you try to get your turning done too late.

blinkngone
22-10-2017, 23:16
Thanks so much! Yes, the Z4 was supposed to be on or near the bottom(14th in the Laguna Seca video) and according to all the comments in the General BOP. I guess it is somewhat track dependent but it isn't even close to being that with your driving and set up. I had hoped the National track would even things up, the Ferrari has the legs on the long tracks and apparently it is still too much even here. We had hopes the Audi could challenge the Ferrari. It is the same problem we had with GT4 testing with the Cayman being too dominant. It's ok, no need to spend more time with the Vantage your time is great considering where the car's default was, by far the most dramatic improvement.

I really dont know if I can get more out of that car's setup. I'll give it another go once I've gone through the rest of the GT3 cars.

I had a go with some other cars today as well. The Z4 surprised me with its pace. cpcdem's time with the Ferrari was hard to beat as well, he was really hauling ass putting down that time. The Ferrari is my least favorite car to drive of the group, and it's too bad that it's the fastest. It's hard to get it set up to turn in well while also putting power down. Maybe I'll have to go back to it and play with the diff

cpcdem
23-10-2017, 00:01
cpcdem's time with the Ferrari was hard to beat as well, he was really hauling ass putting down that time.

Challenge accepted!

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 00:06
Cool cpcdem!

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 00:12
You know, tommy and cpcdem, you guys just are further proving that the Ferrari is too much for the other GT3S.:cool: It looks bad or worse at the other tracks I have checked as well.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 00:48
Can't believe I'm still on the first page :D

Great work guys keep it up!

cpcdem
23-10-2017, 01:30
You know, tommy and cpcdem, you guys just are further proving that the Ferrari is too much for the other GT3S.:cool: It looks bad or worse at the other tracks I have checked as well.

I think those small improvements tenth by tenth are due to setup alone..and unfortunately I have (sort of) learned to tune only the 488 so far. Maybe the other cars have much room for improvement due to tuning as well, will try to tune one or two of them.

wcujer80
23-10-2017, 01:30
Thanks wcujer! Have you tried the Aston yet?

Nah. This morning was OpenTTD (had an itch to play that game again) and this afternoon was the last game of the year for our local pro soccer team so I was out tailgating for most of the day (for non-Americans unfamiliar with the concept, you sit in a parking lot and eat and drink before and after a sporting event). I've set aside most of tomorrow night after work to run laps for hours, though I may need to wash my physical car since she is getting a bit dirty. She is the reason I got back into sim racing because I want to take her out on the track next year and see what we can both do.

wcujer80
23-10-2017, 01:40

The biggest thing I've felt with the 488 is that it just seems really hard to upset, at least in the setup I was using (which was basically the stock loose set-up). I wasn't running good times since it was late in the day and I just wanted to see what kind of time I could put down. No matter how hard I pushed it or how terrible my line of entry was or what I did with the brake and throttle it just took it and kept me on the track. If I had done that with any other car (even well set-up ones) I'd find myself backwards or off track. It just seems to grip better and stay more stable than anything else out there. It is a great car to put down fast times on a bunch of different tracks you may not know. But I feel like I've learned a whole heck of a lot more about actually driving a car by using the other GT3's and that has made them just more fun to drive.

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 02:34
I think those small improvements tenth by tenth are due to setup alone..and unfortunately I have (sort of) learned to tune only the 488 so far. Maybe the other cars have much room for improvement due to tuning as well, will try to tune one or two of them.
Thanks cpcdem! You have been so much of a help with your default runs. If you want to tune a car the Audi would be nice. Tommy has made an excellent run with it, go there, it has potential here as we had hoped.;)

You know I thought that the M6 was going to be good too, but the comments Sloskimo and wcujer80 seem true. Right now it feels odd to me as well even if it is fast.:confused:

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 02:36
Thanks Tommy, really appreciate this.:cool:

Ravager619
23-10-2017, 04:47
I miss driving the C7.R. It was one of the cars I drove the most in PC1. I also miss the pArispherique livery that was on the BMW Z4 GT3 in PC1. I didn't know this was in PC2 until tonight.

I only drove about 10 laps between practice and TT with the SMS Loose setup. I can't believe how smooth this car is out of the box once the tires are warmed up. I'm on the board for now, but I'll work on tuning this car during the week.

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 09:39
I miss driving the C7.R. It was one of the cars I drove the most in PC1. I also miss the pArispherique livery that was on the BMW Z4 GT3 in PC1. I didn't know this was in PC2 until tonight.

I only drove about 10 laps between practice and TT with the SMS Loose setup. I can't believe how smooth this car is out of the box once the tires are warmed up. I'm on the board for now, but I'll work on tuning this car during the week.

Hi Ravager, I like this car too. It is actually better than the car in PC1. I don't know why but maybe the new physics and tire model just fit it better. I used to run mine with the Compuware custom livery in the old game. The GTEs seem better in default for most people, the GT3s are better in the hands of aliens but mess up normal people. The Ford GT is nice as well. How is knee holding up? I like the braking in the GTE cars.

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 10:00
The biggest thing I've felt with the 488 is that it just seems really hard to upset, at least in the setup I was using (which was basically the stock loose set-up). I wasn't running good times since it was late in the day and I just wanted to see what kind of time I could put down. No matter how hard I pushed it or how terrible my line of entry was or what I did with the brake and throttle it just took it and kept me on the track. If I had done that with any other car (even well set-up ones) I'd find myself backwards or off track. It just seems to grip better and stay more stable than anything else out there. It is a great car to put down fast times on a bunch of different tracks you may not know. But I feel like I've learned a whole heck of a lot more about actually driving a car by using the other GT3's and that has made them just more fun to drive.

That's great wcujer, fun is what we are supposed to have in the game. I don't have a favorite car of the GT3's yet but I don't think the Ferrari will be it in the end. Maybe when people come up with a decent custom livery that will change but the liveries in the game are meh. I like driving the GTE's better, especially the C7.R and next the Ford GT.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 14:42
@Blink Less aliens run the GTEs, they ply their trade more in GT3s, guess that's where the glory is at. Im usually lucky to be in the top 20-25% once many people start running a track with GT3s.

We should run on Knockhill Tri-Oval, oval racing for ants :) Or Sakitto Sprint, I like that one.

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 15:05
@Blink Less aliens run the GTEs, they ply their trade more in GT3s, guess that's where the glory is at. Im usually lucky to be in the top 20-25% once many people start running a track with GT3s.

We should run on Knockhill Tri-Oval, oval racing for ants :) Or Sakitto Sprint, I like that one.

Yeah, actually I am relieved an alien showed up(miata_brah/Tommy Salami) to help, trying to push the cars up the leaderboard hurts me. I have to rest a lot more now and at times even that isn't helping. I don't like having to go a few tenths at a time but that's all I can mange. I have the 911 more controllable now if you have some time. The AMG is better than I thought, a 53 second car if Tommy runs it but then again every car is.;)

I don't really care that the aliens aren't running the GTE's I just like the C7.R and Ford GT, I can brake better, the GT3's give me fits.

I tried Knockhill with the Cayman but I can't do it right now. I'm not ready for Sakitto Sprint, think I'll start some cars at Dubai, I really didn't do very well before. I'll keep running GT3's here until drizzit, Ravager and wcujer80 say they want to try another track just for fun, no testing.

EDIT, Wow just checked out the Knockhill track you mentioned, too short, even shorter than the Toyota track in Shift 2.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 15:20
Yeah, actually I am relieved an alien showed up(miata_brah/Tommy Salami) to help, trying to push the cars up the leaderboard hurts me. I have to rest a lot more now and at times even that isn't helping. I don't like having to go a few tenths at a time but that's all I can mange. I have the 911 more controllable now if you have some time. The AMG is better than I thought, a 53 second car if Tommy runs it but then again every car is.;)

I don't really care that the aliens aren't running the GTE's I just like the C7.R and Ford GT, I can brake better, the GT3's give me fits.

I tried Knockhill with the Cayman but I can't do it right now. I'm not ready for Sakitto Sprint, think I'll start some cars at Dubai, I really didn't do very well before. I'll keep running GT3's here until drizzit, Ravager and wcujer80 say they want to try another track just for fun, no testing.

EDIT, Wow just checked out the Knockhill track you mentioned, too short, even shorter than the Toyota track in Shift 2.

Haha yeah, I did not know the track either and tried it with Mono and was like: huh? Dubai is ok I guess, that wretched chicane though on the shorter versions gets me every time.

Anyway, I meant, don't think the GTEs are slower than the GT3s but look like they are on the leaderboards because most aliens avoid them for now.

Seems I'm the only person enjoying the Porsche 935s also, not a lot of people run those, then again, not a lot of people running any of the pre 90s cars really.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 15:40
Did a few runs in a couple GTE cars so you guys have another time to compare with but yea as usual I'm quite a bit behind so not much help lol

Anyway I'm up for running any track/cars really I just enjoy having people to compare too and developing my skills so just point me there ;)

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 15:53
I am faster in the GTE's than I am in GT3's with less work. So is Ravager.
935's I haven't adjusted springs or dampers but at low speed and on/off the brakes this car is bouncing the front splitter up and down 4 inches bobbing like a boat.:D Kicks the rear end out under boost.:D Downside is extended braking distances due to ancient technology. Cool enough.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:00
Did a few runs in a couple GTE cars so you guys have another time to compare with but yea as usual I'm quite a bit behind so not much help lol

Anyway I'm up for running any track/cars really I just enjoy having people to compare too and developing my skills so just point me there ;)

Wel, if you like, you can run against some times on Oulton International, nothing to do with testing anything really. Set a bunch of times though there in lots of very different cars and since we seem similar in pace, it could be fun. lots of those laps are one offs, so don't be surprised if I am horribly off the pace on some.

Then again, I'd understand if you don't feel like it. Oulton international is an acquired taste, I drove it a lot in Pcars 1 and still cannot drive it properly consistently, I do enjoy it though.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:01
I am faster in the GTE's than I am in GT3's with less work. So is Ravager.
935's I haven't adjusted springs or dampers but at low speed and on/off the brakes this car is bouncing the front splitter up and down 4 inches bobbing like a boat.:D Kicks the rear end out under boost.:D Downside is extended braking distances due to ancient technology. Cool enough.

It does bounce yeah, and it feels slow, only 4 gears, turbo, so no high engine notes, but in reality it's flying lol.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:08
BTW Drizzit, you can up the boost to 100% on this one, it defaults to 75%, makes quite a difference.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 16:11
Wel, if you like, you can run against some times on Oulton International, nothing to do with testing anything really. Set a bunch of times though there in lots of very different cars and since we seem similar in pace, it could be fun. lots of those laps are one offs, so don't be surprised if I am horribly off the pace on some.

Then again, I'd understand if you don't feel like it. Oulton international is an acquired taste, I drove it a lot in Pcars 1 and still cannot drive it properly consistently, I do enjoy it though.

Havent really tried that track much but I'll give it a go for sure :)

Gave that porsche a try and man thats a handful... did some runs with the default stable (it will show up as a downloadable setup, kind silly but well) managed to beat blink but then Sloskimo comes in and annihilates our times lol

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 16:16
Yeah I see you(Sloskimo) are already faster than any of your GT3's.:cool: How fast should the 935's be?
Drizzit, I switched to the faster livery, back in front of you.:D

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:18
Havent really tried that track much but I'll give it a go for sure :)

Gave that porsche a try and man thats a handful... did some runs with the default stable (it will show up as a downloadable setup, kind silly but well) managed to beat blink but then Sloskimo comes in and annihilates our times lol

I like turbo lag :) This car wants to be straight as soon as possible, that's where it makes it's speed, cornering tends to be a bit diferent because of that, that and the turbo lag. The oldies are quite fun to drive, plus compared to the Zakspeed on 100% boost and proper gearing, this thing is a sweetheart.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:18
Fast, depending on boost they were running 700-800 hp I believe.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 16:23
Gona need lots and lots of practice.... lol

https://i.gyazo.com/8ae5bf2e1226e5124617ef0a93c17dfd.jpg

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:26
Gona need lots and lots of practice.... lol

If you never ran it before, good enough. Might not seem like it now, but once you know the track, it actually has a really nice flow to it.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 16:34
Have tried it before but not enough to know the track to be honest
I like most of it but the 2 chicanes kills me every time... need lots of practice on how to take those and keep any kind of speed but well I'll hopefully get there eventually :)

Anyway I give up on this porsche for now, its just too hard to control for my level of skills heh I keep spinning out left and right

Gona go get some dinner now so see you guys later :)

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 16:59
Have tried it before but not enough to know the track to be honest
I like most of it but the 2 chicanes kills me every time... need lots of practice on how to take those and keep any kind of speed but well I'll hopefully get there eventually :)

Anyway I give up on this porsche for now, its just too hard to control for my level of skills heh I keep spinning out left and right

Gona go get some dinner now so see you guys later :)

Bon appetit, chicanes at Oulton are an issue yes, but even those flow nicely eventually.

It's odd how driving styles can vary, I like the 935s because, sure they bounce, but they feel tame to me. Just cuddle them through the corners with the throttle and it happily slightly understeers along, then floor it and saw your way through the exit oversteer.

FInd them one of the easiest old cars to drive in Pcars 2, did you drive with all assists off? The older cars can be quite horrible if you have them on due to how TC and SC are implemented. Well, ABS can't hurt I guess.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 17:15
Bon appetit, chicanes at Oulton are an issue yes, but even those flow nicely eventually.

It's odd how driving styles can vary, I like the 935s because, sure they bounce, but they feel tame to me. Just cuddle them through the corners with the throttle and it happily slightly understeers along, then floor it and saw your way through the exit oversteer.

FInd them one of the easiest old cars to drive in Pcars 2, did you drive with all assists off? The older cars can be quite horrible if you have them on due to how TC and SC are implemented. Well, ABS can't hurt I guess.

I have the main setting on Authentic and havent changed from there so not sure whats on as standard in those cars.
But well I'd say my problem is mostly not being smooth enough yet, I tend to turn a bit abrupt and I still hit the throttle a bit too hard. I'm getting alot better at it but I think I'll stick to slightly easier to control cars for now to get my skills up a bit more first or I'll probably just get tired of/angry at never being able to put in a time :D

cpcdem
23-10-2017, 18:41

I love Oulton Park! This is the track I learned driving PCARS1, with the Ford Focus first and then with the RUF GT3. I will also do some runs in it, in the International layout. Can't stand the Island layout though, I always, always mess up the "shortcut" corner.

cpcdem
23-10-2017, 18:45
I have the main setting on Authentic and havent changed from there so not sure whats on as standard in those cars.
But well I'd say my problem is mostly not being smooth enough yet, I tend to turn a bit abrupt and I still hit the throttle a bit too hard. I'm getting alot better at it but I think I'll stick to slightly easier to control cars for now to get my skills up a bit more first or I'll probably just get tired of/angry at never being able to put in a time :D

Try to get used to release the brake pedal very gently, not abruptly. Doing it abruptly will make the car unstable at the moment you release it, but doing it progressively will help a lot taking the turn a lot more smoothly.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 18:57
I love Oulton Park! This is the track I learned driving PCARS1, with the Ford Focus first and then with the RUF GT3. I will also do some runs in it, in the International layout. Can't stand the Island layout though, I always, always mess up the "shortcut" corner.

You mean the supertight hairpin? It goes a lot better for me with the tire model in Pcars 2, since I retain feeling, in Pcars 1 I lost all feel in the wheel and it was a lottery, since I had no idea how much throttle to give it. Obviously causing some very nice 180s there :)

cpcdem
23-10-2017, 19:00
You mean the supertight hairpin? It goes a lot better for me with the tire model in Pcars 2, since I retain feeling, in Pcars 1 I lost all feel in the wheel and it was a lottery, since I had no idea how much throttle to give it. Obviously causing some very nice 180s there :)

I think we're talking about the same place. The corner that "cuts" from the end of sector 1 of the International layout and gets you directly to sector 3. It is always plain luck for me if I get round that corner well..For this reason I hate the Island layout, but the large International one I love it!

drizzit
23-10-2017, 19:06
Try to get used to release the brake pedal very gently, not abruptly. Doing it abruptly will make the car unstable at the moment you release it, but doing it progressively will help a lot taking the turn a lot more smoothly.

I'm working on it :D

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 19:07
I think we're talking about the same place. The corner that "cuts" from the end of sector 1 of the International layout and gets you directly to sector 3. It is always plain luck for me if I get round that corner well..For this reason I hate the Island layout, but the large International one I love it!

Yep, it's a great track really, well for TT anyway and in career. It does not lend itself well for multiplayer, not in public lobbies anyway. Ends up being an unholy mess usually since it's so narrow, however bad the AI might be, multiplayer is worse lol.

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 19:20
ANOTHER one bites the dust. The game has decided to wreck the setups I had for the BMW M6, hadn't run this car since 10/21, today I get this. The setups have my labels but the tuning is for something else not sure if it's a mix of defaults or what but the LSD is something I have never run and tires are inflated differently among other things. Once this stuff starts I never seem to be able to recover, this will be my 3rd car I have to abandon.

Ravager619
23-10-2017, 19:26
Oh the hairpin at Oulton Park Island isn't THAT bad. ;)

There's a bump I use as a braking point for that hairpin turn. If I go over it, I probably braked too late unless I give the pedal a few small pumps so I don't overshoot it.

Sloskimo
23-10-2017, 19:34
Oh the hairpin at Oulton Park Island isn't THAT bad. ;)

There's a bump I use as a braking point for that hairpin turn. If I go over it, I probably braked too late unless I give the pedal a few small pumps so I don't overshoot it.

It's not so bad I don't run it no :) I ran the Nissan GT3 there a few hours ago, you've got work to do :P

Anyway I'm off, 3:30 am here, it's time to call it a night.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 19:51
Sleep well Sloskimo :)

Trying to do a few laps on Oulton with random Gt3's but yea I need lots of practice keep spinning out in the chicanes when trying to go fast but oh well.. I'll get there :)

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 20:00
Silverstone National set ups work good at this track, minor modifications.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 20:23
First time ever running this track, got a nice feeling for most of it but man I havent seen so much tire smoke in a while lol

https://i.gyazo.com/1f29b90139d2ddbbae98f9ab5d6b407f.jpg

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 20:37
Ok, drizzit do you mean the dreaded smoking tires so many are complaining about? I never look at my replays too embarrassing.
Another track where minimum changes are required is part of the F1 test track Catalunya National. Shift bias toward the rear, change camber, soften LSD but mostly change your driving style. The track surface and shape dictate you extend your braking zone, hard braking you can get away with on many tracks will burn you here, braking uphill off camber at the first corner takes practice. The 45 left uphill at the start of sector 3 will also spin you under braking and for pete's sake ease through the tiny toward the end chicane or you have to start all over.

drizzit
23-10-2017, 20:40
Ok, drizzit do you mean the dreaded smoking tires so many are complaining about? I never look at my replays too embarrassing.
Another track where minimum changes are required is part of the F1 test track Catalunya National. Shift bias toward the rear, change camber, soften LSD but mostly change your driving style. The track surface and shape dictate you extend your braking zone, hard braking you can get away with on many tracks will burn you here, braking uphill off camber at the first corner takes practice.

Nah just me not being able to judge what speed I can take the long curves at yet so the outer tires are squealing most of the way around lol

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 21:12
Nah just me not being able to judge what speed I can take the long curves at yet so the outer tires are squealing most of the way around lol

Ok, I have read about that one as well. I added some front downforce, I guess the silnat setup really isn't good at Catalunya but you can limp around,sorry. I'll make some better adjustments. The setups transferred to other tracks a lot easier in PC1.

Ok drizzit, I went down 3 clicks on rear rebound so you have better control with the braking. Cut almost 1 second off my time.

Ravager619
23-10-2017, 21:33
Hi Ravager, I like this car too. It is actually better than the car in PC1. I don't know why but maybe the new physics and tire model just fit it better. I used to run mine with the Compuware custom livery in the old game. The GTEs seem better in default for most people, the GT3s are better in the hands of aliens but mess up normal people. The Ford GT is nice as well. How is knee holding up? I like the braking in the GTE cars.

The knee is slowly getting better. Thanks for asking. If I have time, I want to see how this beast does on Oulton Park Island. I need to know how much the chassis will "chatter" while breaking for the hairpin with the SMS Loose setup. :p

drizzit
23-10-2017, 21:43
Ok, I have read about that one as well. I added some front downforce, I guess the silnat setup really isn't good at Catalunya but you can limp around,sorry. I'll make some better adjustments. The setups transferred to other tracks a lot easier in PC1.

Ok drizzit, I went down 3 clicks on rear rebound so you have better control with the braking. Cut almost 1 second off my time.

Nice!
I'll give it a try tomorrow, had to give up for tonight :)

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 22:42
The knee is slowly getting better. Thanks for asking. If I have time, I want to see how this beast does on Oulton Park Island. I need to know how much the chassis will "chatter" while breaking for the hairpin with the SMS Loose setup. :p
Ok, try not to overdo it, you need a working knee:).

blinkngone
23-10-2017, 23:17
Thanks cpcdem! I guess we will just have to wait and see what SMS is able to do when they come up with their rebalance, the Ferrari is too much for the rest of the field. I have screenshots saved of your default times at this track in my cpcdem folder so we can compare the results after the improvements.

cpcdem
24-10-2017, 00:02
Thanks cpcdem! I guess we will just have to wait and see what SMS is able to do when they come up with their rebalance, the Ferrari is too much for the rest of the field. I have screenshots saved of your default times at this track in my cpcdem folder so we can compare the results after the improvements.

I am pretty sure this time can be brought down, but needs a better setup. I have used the Ferrari so much and I understand the car (and it is easier in general), so tuning it is easier for me, but with the Audi I've only done a few TTs, so I don't have a good enough feel for it yet to improve it much by tuning. Will start building a setup from the beginning again, I think at the end it can be faster than the Ferrari.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 00:23
I am pretty sure this time can be brought down, but needs a better setup. I have used the Ferrari so much and I understand the car (and it is easier in general), so tuning it is easier for me, but with the Audi I've only done a few TTs, so I don't have a good enough feel for it yet to improve it much by tuning. Will start building a setup from the beginning again, I think at the end it can be faster than the Ferrari.
Ok man if you want to but don't get too caught up in leapfrogging yourself. Making R8 better then Ferrari, then R8. You might want to try the M6 instead.

cpcdem
24-10-2017, 01:11
Ok man if you want to but don't get too caught up in leapfrogging yourself. Making R8 better then Ferrari, then R8. You might want to try the M6 instead.

That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't have your experience with setups, in order to jump from one car to another and be able to tune it! I need to take my time with a car, learn it, see how it reacts to tuning and gain time little by little. I hope the whole process will feel more natural after a couple months or so..

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 01:18
That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't have your experience with setups, in order to jump from one car to another and be able to tune it! I need to take my time with a car, learn it, see how it reacts to tuning and gain time little by little. I hope the whole process will feel more natural after a couple months or so..

Ok, good luck, I admire your skill:D and determination:D as always.:cool:

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 02:01
Hey drizzit, smoke this. 911 R at Dubai National.:D

wcujer80
24-10-2017, 02:52
Blink, no dice with that Aston set-up. Though I'll probably need to give it another shot tomorrow. It was the last car I was in after doing 3 or so hours of other cars. Think I can find speed with it but I'll need to do it fresh. I was messing with the loose set-up and was running first sector times about a tenth quicker than I could otherwise (13.5 or a tad below).

Got the Caddy down to 55 flat (which is annoying since 1 thousandth of a second makes it look better) so I think if I tweak your set-up a bit more that will get into the 54s. Ran a little with your 488 set-up and after doing something crazy with the front springs got that into the 54s. If I mess with getting the car to turn a bit more for me there is a few tenths in that for me. I did find that you and I are totally different on the Porsche. I couldn't do anything with your set-up and I tweaked the one I was working on down to a 50.040. If I ever figure out sector 3 and get more consistent in sector 2 I might be on to something. Normally I crush sector 1 and can compete or be faster through that than you guys. But the rest of the track I'm lacking. The only time I ever did well in sector 3 was with the SLS.

wcujer80
24-10-2017, 03:09
Sleep well Sloskimo :)

Trying to do a few laps on Oulton with random Gt3's but yea I need lots of practice keep spinning out in the chicanes when trying to go fast but oh well.. I'll get there :)

I have done a lot of laps there with the Ginetta GT5 car. Obviously it is no where near the speed of a GT3 (looks like there is a 20 second gap between the two) but the car has no traction control and no ABS so it teaches you the braking points and where to apply throttle on that track. Heck, I need to jump back in that thing this week cause it is sort of fun driving a car where momentum is one of the key things to putting down good lap times and you can't make it up wit raw speed.

Ravager619
24-10-2017, 05:37

I took a break to get reacquainted with the Ford Falcon FG, the car I usually drive when I'm not driving the Corvette C7.R.

I was shocked only one person did a lap in TT mode, so I had to run laps tonight with the SMS Loose setup. My takeaway? I think I learned a few things about this car that I can apply toward the Nissan GT-R once I get behind the wheel of it again.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 09:39
Blink, no dice with that Aston set-up. Though I'll probably need to give it another shot tomorrow. It was the last car I was in after doing 3 or so hours of other cars. Think I can find speed with it but I'll need to do it fresh. I was messing with the loose set-up and was running first sector times about a tenth quicker than I could otherwise (13.5 or a tad below).

Got the Caddy down to 55 flat (which is annoying since 1 thousandth of a second makes it look better) so I think if I tweak your set-up a bit more that will get into the 54s. Ran a little with your 488 set-up and after doing something crazy with the front springs got that into the 54s. If I mess with getting the car to turn a bit more for me there is a few tenths in that for me. I did find that you and I are totally different on the Porsche. I couldn't do anything with your set-up and I tweaked the one I was working on down to a 50.040. If I ever figure out sector 3 and get more consistent in sector 2 I might be on to something. Normally I crush sector 1 and can compete or be faster through that than you guys. But the rest of the track I'm lacking. The only time I ever did well in sector 3 was with the SLS.

Hi wcujer, there is something wrong with the Aston, Tommy tried with it as well, not worth a whole lot of effort. Yeah I was making progress with the Caddy so go for it, I just quit working the cars when I lost my BMW. I adjusted the Porsche for sector 3, both myself and cpcdem were having problems there. It's great that we are close together, it will tighten up more when you get your new pedals.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 10:01

I took a break to get reacquainted with the Ford Falcon FG, the car I usually drive when I'm not driving the Corvette C7.R.

I was shocked only one person did a lap in TT mode, so I had to run laps tonight with the SMS Loose setup. My takeaway? I think I learned a few things about this car that I can apply toward the Nissan GT-R once I get behind the wheel of it again.

Great Ravager. I never spent much time with the Falcon, I don't like Bathurst as a track either so it kind of goes together for me. There are Porsches and Ferraris in the 1:19's at Island, default. Do you have a lap time goal for the GTR?

drizzit
24-10-2017, 11:08
Hey drizzit, smoke this. 911 R at Dubai National.:D

Nice one!
I'll definitely give it a go when I get home but doubt I will get close to you for quite a while heh

@wcujer80 Sounds like you will pass me in no time, keep it up! :D
About Oulton, I don't think I have ever tried that car but I usually try all kinds of cars with and without ABS and TC, as you say it's a good way to get a feeling of the flow of the track. for now I did a few GT3 cars mostly because that's what Sloskimo had driven so I got something to compare to while trying to learn the track but I'll be sure to mix it up so thank you for the tip of the GT5 :)

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 13:29
Hi drizzit, another track to try, easy on the first lap, no grip.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 14:01
Hi drizzit, Brands Hatch Indy, Sloskimo there already, try both, I don't get along with this track.

Ravager619
24-10-2017, 14:16
Great Ravager. I never spent much time with the Falcon, I don't like Bathurst as a track either so it kind of goes together for me. There are Porsches and Ferraris in the 1:19's at Island, default. Do you have a lap time goal for the GTR?

Not really. Whenever I do TT I try to run not only the fastest clean lap that I can, but I try to run several that hopefully will be within 0.2 seconds of my fastest lap. That way I can set up a custom race with that same setup knowing it's a good one.

drizzit
24-10-2017, 14:48
Hi drizzit, another track to try, easy on the first lap, no grip.

Starting to think you are just looking for weird tracks to make me spin out as much as possible now :D

Anyway gave this one a quick try (have to go out for a bit again so will try more in a couple hours) and its not too bad but yea first time here too so quite a few spins heh

https://i.gyazo.com/b6fd0f352b5cf2bd3307aa0655de2345.jpg

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 15:24
Hi drizzit, I am just giving you a tour, for me the Hockenheim track is slippery, I have only tried hard slicks so I will go back and try softs. There are many posts about "driving on ice" in the forums, when there is only low grip available we need to be able to drive with more finesse. I made a run at Daytona, not much but driveable.

drizzit
24-10-2017, 15:39
Hehe I'm just kidding but Yea it's gona take me longer to get used to a new track then you guys :)

I'll give the rest of them a try in a couple hours when I get home again, looking forward to it ;)

tommysalami
24-10-2017, 15:54

There is ALWAYS time to be gained. I think for the purposes of testing it would be unfair of us to spend a ton of time squeezing every ounce out if the Audi and Ferrari but not to give the same effort to the other cars. Can't say I didn't try though with these two. I don't think the Audi can touch the Ferrari. Keep in mind that while it's only a couple tenths down, this is a short track so those differences get magnified

Also can we keep this thread on topic, GT3 at Silverstone national and BOP?

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 15:57
Hehe I'm just kidding but Yea it's gona take me longer to get used to a new track then you guys :)

I'll give the rest of them a try in a couple hours when I get home again, looking forward to it ;)

I don't know, the new tire model is causing fits with the veterans as well, look at all the threads. We're in the pool together hoping to learn to swim.:D

Hi drizzit, went to softs, not much of a difference for me time wise but maybe you will like it better. I had to change many things to get back time. I have reduced downforce so you can increase if you want. Then again my computer was lagging, it might be much better.

drizzit
24-10-2017, 16:56
Moved to other thread sorry about all the clutter in here

I'll keep running silverstone too just nice to try something different for a bit :)

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 17:25
There is ALWAYS time to be gained. I think for the purposes of testing it would be unfair of us to spend a ton of time squeezing every ounce out if the Audi and Ferrari but not to give the same effort to the other cars. Can't say I didn't try though with these two. I don't think the Audi can touch the Ferrari. Keep in mind that while it's only a couple tenths down, this is a short track so those differences get magnified

Also can we keep this thread on topic, GT3 at Silverstone national and BOP?

Ok, sorry Tommy, there are still a few people running here. Hey guys I need to start another thread for the other tracks, I'll call it GT3 Track Tour.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 23:25
Hi Tommy, thank you very much for continuing with the runs at Silverstone National. Everything you've done is remarkable. I was wondering if you would consider helping when we get the patch with another round of testing? Jussi says they are done so maybe you could make some runs to compare the improved cars with your old results once we get the update?

Here is the thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56352-GT3-Huracan-slowwwwwww-!

Thanks for passing me F4C3 with the NSX, everything helps, maybe you will come back after the update as well. Cpcdem thanks for the Bentley.

cpcdem
25-10-2017, 23:29
Cpcdem thanks for the Bentley.

You're welcome, although that was long ago :)
Sorry you don't hear much from me lately, it's just that I don't like much the tracks you guys are visiting lately. When you go to a track I like, you will notice it :)

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 00:01
You're welcome, although that was long ago :)
Sorry you don't hear much from me lately, it's just that I don't like much the tracks you guys are visiting lately. When you go to a track I like, you will notice it :)

Yeah, I see you visiting other tracks. I am just trying to get drizzit some experience with other track surfaces, cold(61) and slick like Hockenheim Short, hot(108) and slick like Dubai National. Willlow Springs Horse Thief Mile will determine if he has any breathing issues. Are you ever going to visit Red Bull Ring or Cota GP.

Sorry Tommy!

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 00:54
Are you ever going to visit Red Bull Ring or Cota GP.

Yeah, I had logged times in RBR a couple weeks ago, with the Ferrari and the M6. I wanted to improve on them at some point..
Also COTA, yeah, will do some there as well (have raced a few online races there, without TTing it first)

wcujer80
26-10-2017, 00:57
Yeah, I had logged times in RBR a couple weeks ago, with the Ferrari and the M6. I wanted to improve on them at some point..
Also COTA, yeah, will do some there as well (have raced a few online races there, without TTing it first)

COTA leaves me in the fetal position. I want to learn that track but goodness gracious I don't know where to start. So many corners that I just don't understand where I'm supposed to have my car.

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 08:21
COTA leaves me in the fetal position. I want to learn that track but goodness gracious I don't know where to start. So many corners that I just don't understand where I'm supposed to have my car.

Just follow a ghost of a faster car on track. Or turn on the driving line until you learn the track. Yeah, I agree it's a very tricky circuit, fortunately I knew the layout from another game, so it's not that hard for me. And basically many of it's corners are replicates from corners in other circuits, so experience with the original ones help, too!

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 09:35
Just follow a ghost of a faster car on track. Or turn on the driving line until you learn the track. Yeah, I agree it's a very tricky circuit, fortunately I knew the layout from another game, so it's not that hard for me. And basically many of it's corners are replicates from corners in other circuits, so experience with the original ones help, too!

So they just took the worst corners from other circuits and connected them in a horrible way? That explains :) Just horsing around, have only driven it a couple of times, might end up liking it. I loathed Cadwell GP at first, find it very nice now.

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 09:50
Yeah, me too, I don't really like it a lot "driving" it. Real life drivers seem to absolutely adore it though, so I am always giving it second chances :)

tommysalami
26-10-2017, 15:41
Yeah, me too, I don't really like it a lot "driving" it. Real life drivers seem to absolutely adore it though, so I am always giving it second chances :)

I learned COTA from iracing and hated it at first, but now I really like it. Its awesome for racing because there are tons of places and good room to pass cleanly, and nice runoff as well.

Also I've been getting bored of testing the cars Silverstone so I think I'm gonna spend my time learning some new circuit

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 16:37
I learned COTA from iracing and hated it at first, but now I really like it. Its awesome for racing because there are tons of places and good room to pass cleanly, and nice runoff as well.

Also I've been getting bored of testing the cars Silverstone so I think I'm gonna spend my time learning some new circuit

Ok Tommy.:cool: Thank you very much!!! I had hoped in an attempt to defeat the Ferrari(2 to 3 tenths) at National with it's limited straights and high speed corners but alas it isn't possible. Hope Jussi and the gang have performed well with a better compromise.

Rx4speed
28-10-2017, 11:58
Hey fellas. How are you guys sharing setups? Is there an in-game option for sharing? I don't see a way to export a setup nor can i find the actual setup file, like you can in Assetto or iRacing.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 12:28
Hey fellas. How are you guys sharing setups? Is there an in-game option for sharing? I don't see a way to export a setup nor can i find the actual setup file, like you can in Assetto or iRacing.
Hi Rx4speed, only in Time Trial, you click "Add Ghost" select from the runs available in the right column(theremust be a gear with wrench) to left of Ghost. Click on the one you want to select. It will take you to another screen, Add Ghost, click it and the Ghost will load below your vehicle. Start.
After you select Start this screen will load, click on the blue Gear/Wrench on the right and thee tune will load.