PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Rear View Mirror

Savoy49
18-10-2017, 12:48
There are a few times where i have magically gotten the virtual rear view mirror to appear but i cannot do so consistently.

In multiplayer and test sessions I have tried the trick where you set your HUD level to "light" in the options and then cycle through the HUD when driving to "light" but i cant seem to get it to work. I had it working in career mode for a while but now...no luck. This should be as simple as an option box with the options of:

Virtual Mirror : On / In Car Only / Off

That's all it needs to be!

Thanks!
SA

GenBrien
18-10-2017, 13:33
just cycle your view (cockpit/exterior/bumper/etc)
it'll come back

Savoy49
18-10-2017, 13:42
Ok, thanks for the tip. but here's another bug for you then.

In a multiplayer mode, if you choose "Force interior view" then you cannot cycle out of the in-car view and as such, can never get the mirror to appear!

SA

MrA2theK
18-10-2017, 14:39
Aaaaaagh yes, the old temperamental rear view mirror. Somewhat of an irritation!

warth0g
18-10-2017, 18:06

In a multiplayer mode, if you choose "Force interior view" then you cannot cycle out of the in-car view and as such, can never get the mirror to appear!

SA

Ah, that explains it! That was driving me mad... I think I have the "force interior view" thing on, and I have never seen the virtual mirror.... I will fix that asap... thanks!

Gix916
19-10-2017, 08:24
if you go to options and go to the HUD edit screen and back out it will appear. (no need to do anything on the HUD editer)

Albertsen
19-10-2017, 08:58
As far as I know, the game will always default to lite HUD if you use that.
Save it with the rear view (and whatever else you want) :)

Savoy49
19-10-2017, 12:57
Experimented last night and out of 10-20 sessions i could only get the virtual mirror to appear 1 time. Disappointed.

RookieRaceline
19-10-2017, 13:39
I wish there was an app for that. Would immediately buy 3 tablets 1 for rear view mirror and two for side mirrors..

chops13
19-10-2017, 17:51
This is the best idea I've heard in a long time

Savoy49
19-10-2017, 18:07
I dunno...

an on/off toggle in the software seems a whole lot cheaper, easier and more reliable than buying tablets, configuring mounts, buying an App, and then the inevitability of having compatibility issues.

maybe that's just me.

RookieRaceline
19-10-2017, 18:17

SA

For me, i usually just need to cycle through the overlay info. As far as i remember, there are two "normal" view, one with the mirror and one without (?)

Savoy49
19-10-2017, 18:31
For me, i usually just need to cycle through the overlay info. As far as i remember, there are two "normal" view, one with the mirror and one without (?)

hmmmm... the plot thickens. Can you please give me a button sequence for this? Left directional changes the HUD what changes the overlay? which HUD level are you running. I just cant believe that this is so difficult... maybe i'm missing something?!?!

RookieRaceline
20-10-2017, 04:42
hmmmm... the plot thickens. Can you please give me a button sequence for this?
Sorry - Overlay = HUD
I usually just press the left direction on the pad, a few times until the rear view mirror shows up.. but i might be wrong on this one!? just seems that there is one HUD version without the rear view mirror, and one with it

warth0g
21-10-2017, 11:21
Ok please take me through this slowly �� I have never ever seen the virtual mirror. I have my hud set to light. I cycle through the huds while on tracks. Never have I seen the virtual mirror and it’s starting to bother me. What am I doing wrong please?

This might be related, but I can’t edit the hut layouts via the grid thing either, at least not using the controls on my T150. I had some success my using a game pad but still no mirror. Driving me crazy now.....

moniker_a
21-10-2017, 13:12
I have the HUD set to Full. Whenever I cycle through the different HUDs, the mirror disappears. The only solution I’ve found is to pause while I’m in Full HUD mode, click on Edit HUD layout (where I see a virtual mirror), and then click save and close. It pops back on, but if you ever cycle the HUD again on purpose or by accident, it will turn off. You’ll have to run through that workaround. It’s pretty silly and definitely wouldn’t work while in a multiplayer session if you’re actually on track.

danowat
21-10-2017, 16:51
It's still broken, after all this time, was broken in PC1 too.

You can get the mirror back again, if you're in the same game instance, by cycling the huds, however, if you turn the game off and start a new instance of the game, it's gone again, and the only way to get it back is to go into the HUD menu and turn it on again.

Why is this so hard for the developers to fix?

MaximusN
22-10-2017, 12:18
I don't know if it works for anybody else(I'm on PC), but if I set the mirror on in the LIGHT HUD, it does remember the settings. So I changed all HUD elements on the LIGHT HUD to wat I want in FULL and vice versa and I have a never had disappearing mirror again. Cycling works fine now too. The only 'downside' is that the label of FULL and LIGHT is basically the opposite, but that really doesn't feel like a downside, because it's only shown in the menu.

So could someone test if it works on the PS4(or XB1) too?

docyoda
22-10-2017, 13:51
I don't know if it works for anybody else(I'm on PC), but if I set the mirror on in the LIGHT HUD, it does remember the settings. So I changed all HUD elements on the LIGHT HUD to wat I want in FULL and vice versa and I have a never had disappearing mirror again. Cycling works fine now too. The only 'downside' is that the label of FULL and LIGHT is basically the opposite, but that really doesn't feel like a downside, because it's only shown in the menu.

So could someone test if it works on the PS4(or XB1) too?

Ya it works even on PS4 but.... now i have rear mirror but i lost the small window with interval time/difference between Bl and current lap....

MaximusN
22-10-2017, 15:46
Ya it works even on PS4 but.... now i have rear mirror but i lost the small window with interval time/difference between Bl and current lap....

You can turn that on too if I'm correct :) I turned on all the windows I had in full hud, so I'm missing nothing. It's just that light hud isn't light anymore... But my full hud is now light