PDA

View Full Version : Ginette GT5 car very unresponsive, understeer is immense.

ThePatriot
19-10-2017, 03:30
Is anyone else having this issue. I have loaded the loose tuning setup, increased camber, increased tire pressure, ARB's are maxed out, racing in dry weather with slicks. I can not get this car to turn into a corner. The understeer is incredible.

St4r8ucK
19-10-2017, 06:30
I had this issue with the stable setup of the SR8. What is your brake bias? Try 55:45

Gix916
19-10-2017, 08:09
try adjusting the Diffs.

increasing the coast value should make it turn in better on the brakes, adjusting the preload down(i think) will add extra turn off the throttle.

ThePatriot
19-10-2017, 15:21
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

ThePatriot
20-10-2017, 03:15
Adjusted all the settings as suggested. Definitely an improvement, but still the car will not turn in fast corners. I'm racing at Snetterton and the first and second to last corners, long sweeping rights, I am getting demolished by AI. As much as I have to slow down to keep a line, they are blowing right by me. I've messed with the diff, increased tire pressure, maxed out ARB's, changed brake bias. Now, I've resorted to dropping the difficulty immensely to stay semi competitive.

**EDIT** on to Silverstone now, and still a ton of understeer. I can't make it around the first turn without slowing way way down.

St4r8ucK
20-10-2017, 09:21
If you have undesteer in fast corners, it's not on the mechancal grip side but on the aero grip side that you need to work. Put 1 notch more on the front wing then lower notch by notch the rear wing until the car is balanced at your taste. For more information, you can refer to my setup guide for GTR2 : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55483-SETUP-GUIDE-Setup-your-car-in-21-steps

[EDIT] : I realize that I am not sure that the Ginetta GT5 has aero settings available... One other thing to have in mind is that you have to play with load transfer in order to balance the car at the entry of a turn. Lifting the throttle or braking slightly will put some weight on the front tires and will help making it turn.

Jonyvf
20-10-2017, 10:34
Use the slick tires

SIR_Driftalot
20-10-2017, 10:57
If you have undesteer in fast corners, it's not on the mechancal grip side but on the aero grip side that you need to work. Put 1 notch more on the front wing then lower notch by notch the rear wing until the car is balanced at your taste. For more information, you can refer to my setup guide for GTR2 : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55483-SETUP-GUIDE-Setup-your-car-in-21-steps

No wings on the Gt5 Ginetta AFAIK.

I remember having to put a lot of rake onto the car to get some decent turn in and mid corner grip going through Copse, so maybe that might help, but the majority of handling issues I had with the ginetta was sorted out fiddling with the diff.

blaboj
25-10-2017, 12:05
I've just finished with Ginetta GT5 championship and everything was perfect untill last two races - grip just dissapeared. In first 3 races I was first with no problem, but then the grip just gone and I've finished last...