PDA

View Full Version : Race Dash for pCARS - iOS companion app

Davey-Gravy
19-10-2017, 11:26
A companion dashboard app for the Project CARS and Project CARS 2 games which recreates a race car dash and displays live telemetry data from the game to add depth and realism to your sim racing. This second-screen app adds to your immersion in the game.

Display key data such as speed, gear, RPM, fuel level, KERS, oil/water temps, brake temps, tyre temps, tyre wear, laptime and lap delta. The RPM lights are customisable to suit your preference and the whole display can flash at the gear shift point.

A simple dashboard is included with numerous other layouts and styles available as add-ons. Customisation options includes 'backlight' colour, and speed, pressure, temperature units.

Add up to 10 dashboards to your selection at any one time and quickly swipe between them for fast access, or program a button on your controller to toggle.

Works with PC, PS4 or Xbox using the UDP data mode.

For more info please see http://www.sllim-code.com/race-dash-for-pcars/

Note 1: This game is based on the Project CARS 1 UDP protocol so currently this is the version that will need to be enabled if using with Project CARS 2.

Note 2: This app is free and includes 1 basic dashboard display to help check functionality. All of the other dashboards are available to purchase separately.

Davey-Gravy
25-10-2017, 14:32
V2.1 was released recently with the following changes:

-New modern dashboard now available
-Added buttons to make adjusting RPM levels easier
-Stability improvements

For more info please see http://www.sllim-code.com/race-dash-for-pcars

milliotseb
28-10-2017, 20:38
Nice app. I downloaded Race dash and it works great (just not obvious to understand why the new display I bought was not available immediatly in the app (and why I could not swipe to change to it). I resolved the problem after some minutes ( and clicking everywhere ;))
Your app recommand an UDP frequency of 5.
I use Race dash for tires/brakes/fuel consumption monitoring, so I do not need an quick refresh rate. So what values would you recommand if I use it as secondary display? I don't want to overstress my xbox and my wifi network

Davey-Gravy
29-10-2017, 18:38
Thank you. Point noted - the process seems logical to me as a developer but appreciate it perhaps isn't entirely clear, glad you got there eventually.

UDP 9 is every 1 second which is as slow as it allows you to set. One thing to consider here is that I'm already reducing the rate of tyres/brakes a bit to stabilise them as they fluctuate a lot. UDP 9 would therefore lead to tyre/brake temps and wear updating approx every 15 secs which might be OK for your needs.

ronkkeli
18-01-2018, 12:35
I've used this app on iOS for a long time and it's really good. How ever whenI tried to install this on Windows, it requires a registration. When I try to register, it's just doesn't accept any password. Needs a capital letter and a number etc. I've tried all kind of combinations, but still it doesn't accept any of those.

ronkkeli
18-01-2018, 12:42
I've used this app on iOS for a long time and it's really good. How ever whenI tried to install this on Windows, it requires a registration. When I try to register, it's just doesn't accept any password. Needs a capital letter and a number etc. I've tried all kind of combinations, but still it doesn't accept any of those.

Problem solved. Although it's bit odd. Capital letter and a number wasn't enough. When I added a special character, it worked.

Davey-Gravy
18-01-2018, 14:44
Problem solved. Although it's bit odd. Capital letter and a number wasn't enough. When I added a special character, it worked.

Glad to hear you’re up and running, although I don’t think you mean my app as it’s only available on iOS not Windows.

D

Spitfire77
20-03-2018, 17:54
I just installed this on an old iPhone 4s I found stashed away. Just using the basic free layout so far, very nice and responsive. Able to have gear indicator with the full screen flashing at 95% RPM to use as a basic shift light.

I had always had problems with dash apps before then realized it was the specific android devices I was using are laggy with the UDP data from the games.

Glad I found something that works well for me.

Thank you!

Davey-Gravy
20-03-2018, 20:33
Glad to hear it’s all working well for you, great stuff!

David