PDA

View Full Version : Max Players Can't be Set?!

Dealman
19-10-2017, 19:35
It says MaxPlayers can only be set for the next session, but this either A) does not work at all or B) it tries to set the track BEFORE it changes the max players, which is just beyond stupid.

This makes it quite literally impossible to dynamically change between smaller and larger tracks without having a default low maximum players. Please just give us a function to disable the god forsaken automatic track switching which does more harm than it does good. :mad:

satco1066
19-10-2017, 20:00
What abbout a little bit kindness.
Would you say what you want the same style to your mother, boss, some person you directly look in the face?
Don't think so.
You don't have to go on your knees if you want something or write letters with hearts and smileys. But with kicking asses you'll never make your way.

Dealman
20-10-2017, 05:21
What abbout a little bit kindness.
Would you say what you want the same style to your mother, boss, some person you directly look in the face?
Don't think so.
You don't have to go on your knees if you want something or write letters with hearts and smileys. But with kicking asses you'll never make your way.

I'm sorry but as aggravated as I may have been while writing this, there was no hatred directed towards anyone. So stop interpreting it as such. Read through it thoroughly before jumping to conclusions and trying to act like some kind of saint. I said the way the current system works is stupid - because, quite frankly, it is.

I understand the whole concept behind preventing user error and assuming that the users will always do something wrong, I've been in software development for some time myself. I'm not saying I could do it better myself, not even remotely - I'm simply saying that the way it works can and should be improved.

Just think about it yourself. You can't change to a track with 26 grids if your max players are set to 32. When you set the next session attributes, it seems like it tries to set the next map BEFORE max player slots. Makes little sense.

This is the one and only issue I have with my addon and I've been trying to circumvent it for hours but to no avail. So please, do understand that I may have been a bit frustrated as of writing this.

So again if you for some reason, or someone else does indeed feel insulted - I apologize. Was not my intention. I simply want to finish my addon so I can release it for the public and hopefully help keep dedicated servers populated.

I do have one last theory of a plausible workaround which I will attempt today after work, but if that fails as well. I'm all out of ideas.

Edit:

I can only get MaxPlayers to set during the server state changing from Running to RunningActive. Afterwards, changing the max players via SetNextSessionAttributes seems impossible.