PDA

View Full Version : Monza Monza and more Monza

Colburnnn
21-10-2017, 05:17
What is it with everyone and this track? There are at least 4 people (GT3) I have seen who only run this circuit...

First corner chaos? Check
Boring long straights? Check
Ability for cutting and no penalty? Check

Can anyone who is in love with this track try and explain it to me because I must be missing something. For example the S's at Silverstone and S1 of COTA are feel so much better when you get them right.

Ashleyqprw12
23-10-2017, 21:35
I love Monza and always surprised st the boring comments it gets, not the most challenging perhaps but still huge variety online in people's times.

As for online rules I'm always checking penalties are on and I rarely join anything not D+ to avoid first corner clowns,

Ciccina2016
24-10-2017, 11:36
What is it with everyone and this track? There are at least 4 people (GT3) I have seen who only run this circuit...

Can anyone who is in love with this track try and explain it to me because I must be missing something. For example the S's at Silverstone and S1 of COTA are feel so much better when you get them right.

Because it is an easy track and you have huge space for overtaking.

xtremelead
24-10-2017, 12:28
Maybe some people still have issues saving new setups and just keep racing on one track where they have a good setup for that specific car? I remember that right from the beginning poeple were already racing a lot at Monza, perhaps due to it being a rather easy track setupwise...

Zenzic
24-10-2017, 13:51
I like lots of tracks in this game, and Monza is definitely one of them. I guess it appeals to my inner Neanderthal - stomping on the gas and brake pedals for seconds on end, hearing the engine roar for most part of the track. There's also something special about driving on a track with so much heritage. While it's definitely an easy track to learn in terms of layout, I wouldn't consider it less because of that. While it may lack the emphasis on driving lines, there's valuable time to be gained by simply being ballsy and going through corners/chicanes on the edge between grip and flying off.

pCARS1Player
24-10-2017, 16:54
Monza is for noobs. Just look at the track. Skilled players drive Nordschleife, California or Azure Coast.

KasperVJensen
24-10-2017, 20:51
Monza is for noobs. Just look at the track. Skilled players drive Nordschleife, California or Azure Coast.

Monza is good for beginners. However, that doesn't mean it's an easy track to master.

LeMansIndy500
24-10-2017, 22:30
The only gripe I have with Monza is that the combined oval/road course circuit includes a chicane at the beginning of the Nordkurve. I know these chicanes were added in real life but I wish they weren’t included in this game. I’d much prefer the original layout which was flat out and frightening.

chops13
25-10-2017, 06:09

Add me on PSN: chopz .... there are a few of us who feel the same way. I've been gathering a nice little group of drivers who prefer technical tracks.

Colburnnn
26-10-2017, 04:16
I love Monza and always surprised st the boring comments it gets, not the most challenging perhaps but still huge variety online in people's times.

As for online rules I'm always checking penalties are on and I rarely join anything not D+ to avoid first corner clowns,

Trust me I spend a lot of time making sure pens and all that jazz are on.

I have seen multiple people straight line the first chicane (hugging the wall on the left) and not get penalised, even when they are on.

Ashleyqprw12
26-10-2017, 09:49
[/B]

Trust me I spend a lot of time making sure pens and all that jazz are on.

I have seen multiple people straight line the first chicane (hugging the wall on the left) and not get penalised, even when they are on.

Yes i’ve noticed eople getting away with the first corner cut! Or if it is a penalty it’s 1or 3 seconds.. yet saving so much more time not slowing for the chicane, hopefully can be addressed in future. But for now being in the higher safety rated groups should only really have people who have morals and don’t cheat