PDA

View Full Version : Ghost issue

DozUK
21-10-2017, 10:16
I'm currently running a tt with a formula Rookie on ps4.

When I go to add a ghost I'm presented with my own ghost, personal best. The class ghost, a formula x car in this case but the vehicle ghost which should be the same vehicle as your driving (F Rookie in this case) is also a formula x car.

I've tried the same on a friends pc version and in this case they are offered a formula rookie car as the vehicle ghost so there is definitely a bug. The formula x should not be the vehicle ghost.

Also the presented friends ghost is my own (this is the same on pc too) but clearly not right. I understand why it's offered as my time is faster than my friends but I shouldn't be included in the friends list. You shouldn't be classed as a friend to yourself, I should be offered the ghost of the fastest person of my friends.

GTsimms
21-10-2017, 11:35
Can anyone provide a video of this? It will be about 11 hours before I can get home to test.

DozUK
21-10-2017, 11:55
Can anyone provide a video of this? It will be about 11 hours before I can get home to test.

I'll do a screenshot when I get home. The screen shows it all ie what ghosts are offered

DozUK
21-10-2017, 23:09
Screenshots as promised. 1 shows tt config and the other shows the offered ghosts, vehicle ghost is not Rookie and should be and also friend should not be myself

Kinna39
22-10-2017, 00:30
Personally donít think thereís anything wrong with your own ghost for friend if you top the friends leaderboard, but yeah itís not working for vehicle or the class (should be using the sub-class filter yeah?)

DozUK
22-10-2017, 08:29
Personally donít think thereís anything wrong with your own ghost for friend if you top the friends leaderboard, but yeah itís not working for vehicle or the class (should be using the sub-class filter yeah?)

My feeling on this is that you can't be a friend to yourself, friends, you don't appear on your friends lists. Also your best is offered by default as your personal best so its a duplication anyway. I do feel this is bad logic

Kinna39
23-10-2017, 00:27
My feeling on this is that you can't be a friend to yourself, friends, you don't appear on your friends lists. Also your best is offered by default as your personal best so its a duplication anyway. I do feel this is bad logic

perhaps, but if you're better than everyone on your friends list you most likely would have no reason to race a ghost of someone slower. It's purpose is to be a carrot for you to chase or learn from.

That's just my opinion though, each to their own :)

IceShaft
23-10-2017, 10:49
The class filter on ps4 doesn't work for me as well, when I press the button nothing changes to the list.
At the moment it is made incredibly hard to find a ghost of the car you selected to train with :(

DozUK
23-10-2017, 11:37
It looks like a bug, I've done exactly the same as my screen shots above on PC and the vehicle record is a Formula Rookie (Which is what it should be).

The class filter also doesn't work, on PC there is a Vehicle filter

Kinna39
23-10-2017, 20:44
Vehicle filter would be amazing!

IceShaft
24-10-2017, 11:14
I'm wondering if it is something the devs are looking into or we will have to live with it? :(

LetoAtreides82
27-10-2017, 18:01
I agree vehicle filter would be very helpful. As it is now it seems I'm limited to the top 30 ghosts which sometimes are all the same car which is not very helpful if I want to learn a different car.

Bdawg111
27-10-2017, 18:43
I'm currently running a tt with a formula Rookie on ps4.

When I go to add a ghost I'm presented with my own ghost, personal best. The class ghost, a formula x car in this case but the vehicle ghost which should be the same vehicle as your driving (F Rookie in this case) is also a formula x car.

I've tried the same on a friends pc version and in this case they are offered a formula rookie car as the vehicle ghost so there is definitely a bug. The formula x should not be the vehicle ghost.

Also the presented friends ghost is my own (this is the same on pc too) but clearly not right. I understand why it's offered as my time is faster than my friends but I shouldn't be included in the friends list. You shouldn't be classed as a friend to yourself, I should be offered the ghost of the fastest person of my friends.

Couldn't agree more. My favorite car to race with is the Audi R8 LMS (GT3). However on certain tracks I am consistently getting blown out in qualifying because I don't understand the track and my tuning setup is flawed. I try to learn from others in TT but I always end up losing sight of the GT1 I am forced to race with on the first few turns. As of now I have given up on the mode entirely. I am posting in every thread I see related to this subject in hopes of grabbing the attention of the devs to this game-crippling problem.