PDA

View Full Version : Tyres behavior when the race starts

Alex1996
22-10-2017, 15:47
Hi,
I tried to do a couple of quick weekends with a Toyota TS040 and a Audi R18. Both the car behaved as usual during free practice and qualifying, but ad the end of the formation lap at the beginning of the race both the cars started behaving in a way that was impossible to drive. Despite the telemetry showed normal values for temperatures and pressures, the behavior was like tyres were at the highest pressure possible, they were smoking at every corner, and the wheel started to be really sensitive.

Fax3D
22-10-2017, 16:22
Hi,
I tried to do a couple of quick weekends with a Toyota TS040 and a Audi R18. Both the car behaved as usual during free practice and qualifying, but ad the end of the formation lap at the beginning of the race both the cars started behaving in a way that was impossible to drive. Despite the telemetry showed normal values for temperatures and pressures, the behavior was like tyres were at the highest pressure possible, they were smoking at every corner, and the wheel started to be really sensitive.

I'm having the same sensation. During a race cars feels different and difficult to drive compared to free practice and qualy, and this happens only in single player, while in MP everythings seems fine.

pwshaw10
28-10-2017, 00:45
I’m having the same issue. Very annoying. This really needs to be fixed. Unplayable right now.

drathuu
28-10-2017, 01:59
I sometimes get this, however i also find the time of day, track temperature, weather temperature can make a large change.. Are you finding the weather / time of day is different from practice to race.. (I noted when i had sunny qualliy, yet overcast fog race, the track temp was a lot lower and i had less grip. Conversely the other way when i flipped them.

hkraft300
28-10-2017, 03:04
I'm getting ~2 bar race starting tire pressure in LMP2 and GT1 cars. Real slippery for lap or 3 til the pressure settles. Different tracks, dry conditions, summer and winter. Will check GT3/GTE later.

HLR Toffo
28-10-2017, 06:16
Same problems for me also. Same track temp, tyres and setup.

In the race the tyres are on fire 1 lap down.

Yet are perfect for 30 minutes of driving during qually.

ScaredDuck
28-10-2017, 08:41
In the pursuit off making a game an exact real world sim the designers forget they have made a game that is bought and played by us mere mortals and not driving gods. Love geeks for their ability to make all the tech we get to use in modern life. However although geniuses they dont have any understanding off the end user as they are socially awkward by nature. So they think they are amazing by getting it as close to real world as possible and dont get why us general non obsessed gamers keep complaining. Well its cause they take the fun out off their own games by trying to make them perfect._. Only racing drivers worry about track conditions etc and only they from experience would know in detail how their car is likely to feel in any conditions. Because they need to know to have a chance off winning staying alive and earning a living. If we us who play this game were so obsessed about every detail being 100% we wouldnt be playing this game. Cause we may aswell live the dream off doing the real thing. Note to coders it doesnt have to close to100%aslongs you get the things that matter right. The things that matter is games should be fun an escape. Not tearing my hair out. Ive played racing games ever since pole position and not since codemasters brought out toca has their been a racing sim thats bettered it. And even though F1 isnt the most exciting Codemasters generally make their F1 games fulfilling despite it being F1 and only one car type.

Oh havnt.Played this yearsF1 as so many games that ive been waiting for have been released this last month. Nothing for ages and 7 in less weeks

Alex1996
28-10-2017, 11:57
I sometimes get this, however i also find the time of day, track temperature, weather temperature can make a large change.. Are you finding the weather / time of day is different from practice to race.. (I noted when i had sunny qualliy, yet overcast fog race, the track temp was a lot lower and i had less grip. Conversely the other way when i flipped them.

I donít think itís related to weather or time of the day, based on my experience, but I could be wrong.

Same problems for me also. Same track temp, tyres and setup.

In the race the tyres are on fire 1 lap down.

Yet are perfect for 30 minutes of driving during qually.

Exactly.

Alex1996
28-10-2017, 12:07
I'm getting ~2 bar race starting tire pressure in LMP2 and GT1 cars. Real slippery for lap or 3 til the pressure settles. Different tracks, dry conditions, summer and winter. Will check GT3/GTE later.
The problem is present also for GTE cars, you feel it less than LMPs just for the lower speed in corners. For LMPs, you have strong overheating after one lap because of slippery. But you have the issue also for GTs...

hkraft300
28-10-2017, 13:31
No overheating for me in the Ligier Nissan but I only did 2 laps of le Mans and it started to rain.

Sickboy
02-11-2017, 11:24
Your setups don't always carry over between qualifying and race. You might also notice you have the wrong fuel load. Select tuning in the lobby before the race and then it will load the setup used in qualifying.

Alex1996
15-11-2017, 16:46
Any news or workaround?

biggbaddwolf
15-11-2017, 20:58
Actually I have had no tire problems with PC2 so far, unlike PC1 whenever I would switch to rain tires they would be red hot before I even completed one circuit around the track!!

LockeChris
15-11-2017, 21:19
For me this feels like the tires are just way too hot at the start of the race. I also have to take my first one or two laps (at least!) veeery carefully in order not to spin out. Happens pretty much in every race no matter what car/track/conditions.
But I thought this was already a known issue...

Lord of the Racing
15-11-2017, 21:29
For me the more is deep a simulation the more I like. There are so much products on the market that if you want a user friendly game you can take Driveclub and similars. Like me there are a lot of people which instead want hard simulations where you are required to work hard with car set-up and on track like PC2 or AC (obviously without bugs).

Lord of the Racing
15-11-2017, 21:30
Which set up are you using: nervous or stable?

Alex1996
15-11-2017, 22:54
Stable.
What I feel is more than a strange behavior, tire have a normal temperature (between 80/90 degrees) but they start smoking after the first corner even if temperatures are still good. But all of that slip, of course, overheat the tyres really soon. It seems to be a bug, at least for me. I have never had this problem before the last patch.

Edit: what I said happens even with nervous or any other setup, and it’s not definitely part of the simulation

Lord of the Racing
15-11-2017, 23:19
It is with very high probability a bug. To me it happened only one time despite I raced several races. Should be interesting to understand the reason of that. Do you made any adjustment to the original stable setting. If yes what changes and with which cars had you the issue?

hkraft300
16-11-2017, 06:09
For me this feels like the tires are just way too hot at the start of the race. I also have to take my first one or two laps (at least!) veeery carefully in order not to spin out. Happens pretty much in every race no matter what car/track/conditions.
But I thought this was already a known issue...

The temperature doesn't seem too high at race start, but the pressure does climb fast and by green light the tires are over-pressurised, from "sitting on the grid with hot brakes" I believe.
GT and LMP cars start the race with ~2 bar/32psi which is too high according to Ringley.

Fax3D
16-11-2017, 08:19
The temperature doesn't seem too high at race start, but the pressure does climb fast and by green light the tires are over-pressurised, from "sitting on the grid with hot brakes" I believe.
GT and LMP cars start the race with ~2 bar/32psi which is too high according to Ringley.

I agree, the problem seems to be with the pressure too high at the race start, while the temperature is in its normal range.

Alex1996
16-11-2017, 08:35
It is with very high probability a bug. To me it happened only one time despite I raced several races. Should be interesting to understand the reason of that. Do you made any adjustment to the original stable setting. If yes what changes and with which cars had you the issue?

The only things I use to change are fuel load, brake bias and wings, but most of the time I use the default settings (stable or nervous).
About temperatures and pressures, I agree to all of you.

Lord of the Racing
16-11-2017, 09:28
I do similar changes but I don get the problem so the issue seems not be directly depending from what you do with cars settings. Did you checked if someonelse already posted it into the bugs thread?

hkraft300
16-11-2017, 09:55
What are your ambient and track temperatures?
If the track is too hot >50℃ you need hard tires. Soft tires will overheat.
Not a bug.

LockeChris
16-11-2017, 10:11

Well in that case I would like my fomration lap to be simulated in a way that my brakes are not as hot :confused: Anyway, let's see whether this is in the next patch :)

hkraft300
16-11-2017, 14:34
OR be careful on lap 1.

Alex1996
16-11-2017, 19:34
https://youtu.be/VGVoWp2ShVE

Here's a video about what I try to say.
I want to underline that I used the same setup for qualifying (in the same conditions) and I didn't have that behavior.
Many thanks for all your replies

Fight-Test
16-11-2017, 19:53

Yes exactly. You have to be careful at start of race while pressures go down. Gotta be very aware of your bar and prrssure for a lap or two after start.

Alex1996
17-11-2017, 16:19
https://youtu.be/hNiQAzDZHmI
Here is a video with setup and start of the race.
There is a bug when modifying pressures of the tyres.
In the first two laps, it’s almost impossible to turn in tight corners.

Walther9mm
18-11-2017, 02:01
I am having a similar issue in Formula C. At the start of the race the car just plows, and changing the setup has no real effect.

Lord of the Racing
18-11-2017, 07:00
I checked what you said and it is true the tyres react to the track temperature and when it is hot they overheat meanwhile when it is cold they have difficult to reach the correct working temperature.

hkraft300
18-11-2017, 12:04
I checked what you said and it is true the tyres react to the track temperature and when it is hot they overheat meanwhile when it is cold they have difficult to reach the correct working temperature.

Really anything below ~85℃ tire temperature the soft will work. You will, however, need to make sure it is also at correct operating pressure.

Alex1996
19-11-2017, 18:21
https://youtu.be/t5S6DMh5Sk0

https://youtu.be/M6aE_5Bi83U

https://youtu.be/Hx7nD9HrzdM
Other attempts to fix the issue, without any result...
Again, this happens only during the race, while everything is fine during free practice and qualifying.
The sensation with my wheel (G29) is that it becomes “stiff” and more sensitive.
I tried also other cars on other tracks but the issue is always there.
Now I’m trying to fix the issue deleting every save and reinstalling the game, but I’m skeptic.

Edit: just tried, nothing changed...