PDA

View Full Version : Tyres overheating every race

CalumJM
22-10-2017, 21:35
Hi,

Title says it all really... My tyres keep overheating no matter what I do. Is there any setup changes I can make to this from happening? The annoying thing is that I thought I got to grips with car setups and was confident on what changes needed to be made for different tracks but this issue is not really good for my setup confidence now.

An example would be at long beach after about 4/5 laps, on the start/finish straight the cars (V12 Vantage GT3) tyres start smoking and overheating even on that slight of a turn

It may be worth noting that I'm on Xbox and didn't notice this before the latest patch but I thought I should post here before identifying it as a bug - it's most likely me haha.

Cheers.

hkraft300
23-10-2017, 00:24
What are your track weather conditions/temperatures, tire compound, tire temps?

CalumJM
23-10-2017, 00:59
What are your track weather conditions/temperatures, tire compound, tire temps?

Dry weather conditions, happens on both soft and hard tyres but more noticeable on soft compounds. Unsure on tyre temps they go red on the telemetry starting from the inside outwards. This also happens on the loose and stable default setups.

Just seen a thread saying that it's a bug that has been introduced in patch 2.0

hkraft300
23-10-2017, 01:51
Can't help you without numbers.

Just seen a thread saying that it's a bug that has been introduced in patch 2.0

Bug? On GT3 tires?

Shoelace
24-10-2017, 21:02
I have also noticed this. Was doing heaps of testing last night in the BMW GT4 car getting tyre pressure setups right. You won’t the tyres to operate as close to 32psi (2.2bar) when hot. I found at least in the GT4 car this meant I had the cold pressure set in the 1.60-1.70bar range. All was going great in private testing. Then back in career mode, again perfect in practice and qualifying but as soon as the race started the tyre temps shot right up 130degrees C. And watching the telemetry while I was racing (try to race because the understeer was hideous!) the tyres were heating up and rapidly cooling just on the outer edge, then the just the middle and all of the sudden I would get 2 laps of them staying stable. I could also feel a small twitch in the ffb through the wheel just before the temps start playing up again.

That was probably a bit long winded, but I agree with definitely a bug..
hoping it’s only in career mode races though. Haven’t tested a custom setup race yet

hkraft300
24-10-2017, 23:09
GT4 hot tire pressure target is about ~1.8 bar (26 psi). 32 is too high. You're sliding and overheating the tires.