PDA

View Full Version : Errrrrrr?

Charger
24-10-2017, 00:13
Not my vid, found on YT, is this really the level? We would have kicked a certain person by now :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiQ9cRZgYs

Charger
24-10-2017, 00:31
I'm thinking this.......

Krus Control
24-10-2017, 00:42
I want to believe this is just some guy who changed his Steam name to Andy Tudor to troll this event.

Charger
24-10-2017, 01:02
We can but hope ;-)

Daynja
24-10-2017, 01:32

https://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/44612/go4-1-group-16

ctzn
24-10-2017, 01:35
Yeah, just a troll.

Krus Control
24-10-2017, 01:43
Here is the real Andy Tudor's Steam profile (I think)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/SMS_AndyT

This guy's definitely just a troll. His Steam name used to be Prowler [CER]. Here's his profile:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/andytudor

Charger
24-10-2017, 01:49
Yeah I'd agree there, fookin bollox when someone clones ya name lol.

Krus Control
24-10-2017, 01:50
Yeah I'd agree there, fookin bollox when someone clones ya name lol.

Lol I remember the saga where Amik did this to you.

Charger
24-10-2017, 01:54
WHO, I have blanked that out. ;-)

Daynja
24-10-2017, 01:55
Here is the real Andy Tudor's Steam profile (I think)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/SMS_AndyT

This guy's definitely just a troll. His Steam name used to be Prowler [CSR]. Here's his profile:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/andytudor

Some odd troll then, as in that second steam link it has a website link and the photos are of the same andy tudor from sms

even has links to pcars 2

http://www.andytudor.name/about.html

main page links to Andy esports profile https://drivetribe.com/u/hrqyX64OR-CUA3_cowj-4Q?iid=InBgLXSWTryouIjOFSnoTQ

Krus Control
24-10-2017, 02:05
Some odd troll then, as in that second steam link it has a website link and the photos are of the same andy tudor from sms

even has links to pcars 2

http://www.andytudor.name/about.html

main page links to Andy esports profile https://drivetribe.com/u/hrqyX64OR-CUA3_cowj-4Q?iid=InBgLXSWTryouIjOFSnoTQ

It's strange, yeah, but I think it's just elaborate trolling. The picture in the profile is from the page he links.

But what really tips you off is the previously used names. For him it's only Prowler [CSR] listed. But then you go to the SMS-R profile and previous names are Project CARS Esports Director, Project CARS London, Project CARS Andy, Project CARS, sms_andyt.

If the troll wanted to go all out he should have changed his name 10 times with all names like this with SMS and PCARS and varying degrees of Andy T in them. But now that we've figured him out he won't be tricking anybody even if he does that.

Daynja
24-10-2017, 02:08
Yeah , Andy has a stalker, and one that drives terribly and people will think its an SMS employee , by the level of detail this troll has gone to on their profile.

Our own Charger had a stalker in Pcars and used his name to troll people on random servers and people assumed it was him and came here on these forums to complain. Maybe Andy/SMS staff can get this troll account stopped as its entering esports events and being a total douchebag in the guise of an SMS employee

Charger
24-10-2017, 02:10
It's strange, yeah, but I think it's just elaborate trolling. The picture in the profile is from the page he links.

But what really tips you off is the previously used names. For him it's only Prowler [CSR] listed. But then you go to the SMS-R profile and previous names are Project CARS Esports Director, Project CARS London, Project CARS Andy, Project CARS, sms_andyt.

If the troll wanted to go all out he should have changed his name 10 times with all names like this with SMS and PCARS and varying degrees of Andy T in them. But now that we've figured him out he won't be tricking anybody even if he does that.

I would have to agree, after being on the receiving end I would copy like for like, even buying the game again, but I aint, the 16hrs vs 120hrs would flag me, let's not speculate and let the man defend himself for now ;-)

Krus Control
24-10-2017, 02:14
Yeah , Andy has a stalker, and one that drives terribly and people will think its an SMS employee , by the level of detail this troll has gone to on their profile.

Our own Charger had a stalker in Pcars and used his name to troll people on random servers and people assumed it was him and came here on these forums to complain. Maybe Andy/SMS staff can get this troll account stopped as its entering esports events and being a total douchebag in the guise of an SMS employee

Amik was more than a stalker. I'll speak his name. Amik was the single most destructive player in any game that I've ever encountered. He brought the entire community to it's knees. I just hope he's worked out whatever emotional issues he had.

Charger
24-10-2017, 02:22
Please stop mentioning his name, you may invoke the evil, stop now ;-)))

Rodders
25-10-2017, 22:53
Anyone from SMS want to comment as I'm getting a lot of people coming to me about this not yet convinced it's not Andy. Might quell any rumours.

Ian Bell
26-10-2017, 00:17
Anyone from SMS want to comment as I'm getting a lot of people coming to me about this not yet convinced it's not Andy. Might quell any rumours.

If people think that one of our key staff has made it his remit to go wreck as many online races as he can then I think it's best we leave them alone.

Sankyo
26-10-2017, 07:30
If people think that one of our key staff has made it his remit to go wreck as many online races as he can then I think it's best we leave them alone.
Didn't you get the memo Ian? Internet > common sense.

There's a lot of things these days that are valued higher than common sense, but that's for another discussion... :rolleyes:

Project CARS Esports
26-10-2017, 13:19
Hi guys. We've spoken with Andy and he has confirmed that it was not him playing in that race. Someone did indeed change their Steam profile to impersonate him. Andy's going to speak with Steam support to see what can be done about it.

ctzn
26-10-2017, 13:32
Dang. I was hoping it was really him and he just didn't have his coffee yet... ;)

R74NN
26-10-2017, 13:38
Please, tell Andy, there is nothing wrong with taking a few shots and then go and have some fun online.

Rodders
26-10-2017, 13:57
Hi guys. We've spoken with Andy and he has confirmed that it was not him playing in that race. Someone did indeed change their Steam profile to impersonate him. Andy's going to speak with Steam support to see what can be done about it.

That's great to hear - impostors Steam account as of last night appeared to be gone anyway btw.

Daynja
26-10-2017, 15:30
Didn't you get the memo Ian? Internet > common sense.

There's a lot of things these days that are valued higher than common sense, but that's for another discussion... :rolleyes:

There is no need to throw glib remarks into this thread. Did you not notice the effort the troll went into? Its quite easy to be unsure when there was clear info ( rightly blocked/ removed now) that was designed to target an SMS employee. Its good that it was discovered that it was a stalker/troll, but your glibness does you no credit. At least a discussion took place and any any doubts were quelled if it was an SMS on a day off/tired/maybe a bit tispey/stoned making mistakes, and the best part was a troll got discovered and blocked.

RomKnight
26-10-2017, 15:52
You rather cry? Loosen up.

TBH it's quite tiresome to read the same ... over and over again hence, even with sarcasm one needs to "point" some people in the right direction. Not that they'll get it most of the time in this cases because... well, if they did they'd stop :D

Being 100% blunt, that kind of people won't be missed anyway... by anyone.

Roger Prynne
26-10-2017, 16:12
There is no need to throw glib remarks into this thread. Did you not notice the effort the troll went into? Its quite easy to be unsure when there was clear info ( rightly blocked/ removed now) that was designed to target an SMS employee. Its good that it was discovered that it was a stalker/troll, but your glibness does you no credit. At least a discussion took place and any any doubts were quelled if it was an SMS on a day off/tired/maybe a bit tispey/stoned making mistakes, and the best part was a troll got discovered and blocked.

Chill out man it was just a bit of banter.

Sankyo
26-10-2017, 16:33
I am surely glad that this was reported and yes it was quite an elaborate trolling attempt, but really I cannot see how one could possibly think that such behaviour would be displayed by an SMS employee. But maybe that's just me having more insight in the SMS side of things.

Apart from that, what I wrote was more a general statement about today's "if it's on the internet then it must be true" state of mind of a lot of people, that was only triggered by this particular incident. I admit that that was not clear and it could have come across too harshly especially to those faithfully reporting/discussing this. If that was the case, then I apologize as that was not my intention. For the rest: what Roger wrote.

Charger
26-10-2017, 18:34
When I started this thread it was not to throw accusations and was kept light hearted, I for one did not think an SMS employee would drive like that and was highlighting the fact that someone was presenting themselves as Andy and it looks bad on the person being trolled.

Being on the receiving end of such trolls I know how it feels and it has a bad effect on your reputation, now that it has been highlighted, the troll dealt with and Andy's name cleared then this thread has had a good end result and we can all sleep better at night ;-)