PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Track Tour

Pages : [1] 2 3

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 17:28
Hey guys, we will use this thread for our testing/touring of other tracks with the GT3's so the other thread will be Silverstone National only.

drizzit
24-10-2017, 17:38
Moving my post here instead...

Well... cut of a bit of my time but cant say going to softs seemed to help at all think its all simply down to having driven a few more laps but we'll see

Will try out the other tracks you have mentioned and see how they feel too

In other news I decided to change the spring in my throttle for the slightly stiffer one also included to see if it helps me feather my throttle a little better and so far it feels nice :)

Made a decent starting time on Daytona but got to say I'm not a huge fan of this one, feels kinda boring with the 2 long max speed zones

https://i.gyazo.com/0ea8b84395eaf8d900d0055cece3795e.jpg

Much more enjoyable but man that first corner is evil lol

https://i.gyazo.com/04a620e89ce9ac5aab675af06ffe5b13.jpg

AbeWoz
24-10-2017, 17:51
Good news is that the top times posted are right in line with IRL GTD times from the race last year (Daytona that is).

Always expect sim times to be faster than IRL.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 18:00
Good news is that the top times posted are right in line with IRL GTD times from the race last year (Daytona that is).

Always expect sim times to be faster than IRL.

Thanks Abe, the game is new so the times will improve once everyone becomes more familiar with the track/physics/tire model.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 18:06
Hey drizzit, yeah the track seems boring until you realize how tough it is to shave time once you are close to the top.:D Any way I ran the Z4 at Dubai with the Silverstone set up and it's kind of off, needs work but into the 1:23's along with Sloskimo's old time. Step 1 try and get all the cars into the 1:23's. This game is much harder than PC1, I'm sure you have heard that, but in PC1 you could get a reasonable run from track to track without major changes but not in the new game, at least for me.

AbeWoz
24-10-2017, 18:09
Thanks Abe, the game is new so the times will improve once everyone becomes more familiar with the track/physics/tire model.

oh i know, its just refreshing that they are close and not 4-5 seconds faster.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 18:14
oh i know, its just refreshing that they are close and not 4-5 seconds faster.

Ok , the 488's are in the 1:45's already, how about these GTE times?

drizzit
24-10-2017, 18:16
I quite enjoy the Dubai track but its really really slippery... gona need some time on this one heh

https://i.gyazo.com/5894a9620799dfa830ecc6b58e54fad6.jpg

AbeWoz
24-10-2017, 18:17
well poop haha

1.43.4 was IRL GTE pole time from Daytona (Ford GT)

But, IMSA does BoP the GTD cars to create some class separation, so their times should be very close across most tracks in pC2.
Also, weather conditions will differ from IRL and TT mode.

Weather for Daytona 24 Qualifying:

drizzit
24-10-2017, 18:28
Think I'll just say I dont like the porsche... lol

With the SMS stable for now
https://i.gyazo.com/cb682e1f15d7c0243e8cf9033234178b.jpg

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 18:54
Think I'll just say I dont like the porsche... lol

With the SMS stable for now
https://i.gyazo.com/cb682e1f15d7c0243e8cf9033234178b.jpg

Cool, thankfully we don't have to like all the cars, they have all pounded on me so much lately I'm not friends with any of them.:D

drizzit
24-10-2017, 19:26
Cool, thankfully we don't have to like all the cars, they have all pounded on me so much lately I'm not friends with any of them.:D

Hehe well I wouldnt say its that bad for me but there are a couple of them I definitely dont like :D

Anyway, I have been trying to put up some base times for myself with a few of the GT3's I did best on Silverstone for now using the SMS stable setup
This being my best one so far
https://i.gyazo.com/dd0b680dc8287439f84b7ca15c228fe9.jpg

Next being the audi
https://i.gyazo.com/5444693c3362419fe9e1cd81a6084029.jpg

After that its quite a wide spread atm...

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 19:55
Ok drizzit, I probably should have started from scratch but what the heck, it's an experiment. I guess I better give up trying to use setups at other tracks, I am not lazy, was trying to save just a little itsy bitsy teensy weensy amount of time.:D

drizzit
24-10-2017, 20:10
Ok drizzit, I probably should have started from scratch but what the heck, it's an experiment. I guess I better give up trying to use setups at other tracks, I am not lazy, was trying to save just a little itsy bitsy teensy weensy amount of time.:D

They seem to be working for you as you are still consistently bout a second faster then me so dont change on my account, but yea so far the default stable is working better for me I just keep sliding around too much with yours :)

I'm still sliding a fair bit though and my front left tire lasts about 6 laps before going red :rolleyes:

Anyway got some starting times put up for most of the GT3's now, that will have to be all for today I'm afraid.

blinkngone
24-10-2017, 21:25
Hi drizzit, another, this one is car control.;)

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 00:26
Hi drizzit, redo of the Trofeo, you should like it. You don't have to work all the time.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 00:50
P1 GTR 49's.

Ravager619
25-10-2017, 04:04

Sloskimo said I had my work cut out for me. I shaved over 0.4 seconds off my previous fastest lap at Oulton Park Island. If you're testing at Daytona RC, I might have to give the GT-R a go there soon.

Renoldo1990
25-10-2017, 04:17
I did a bit of testing at Hockenheim.
With a bit of tweaking you can get all the cars between 1:38's and low 40's times at least.

This is the McLaren vs. the Ferrari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh8TBGYOECs&t

As you can see the cars gain time in different areas.
So I guess there will be certain tracks where the McLaren will be faster and on other tracks the Ferrari might be slightly faster.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 08:26
Hi Renoldo1990. Thank you very much for the video, great work. I guess the platforms are currently running similar times. There is a 650S run by a Sim club person that is quick at 1:38.562, all other 650S runs are over 1 second behind so yes better drivers can push the 650S to some very quick times. There are 2 Ferraris quicker than the fastest 650S and 13 Ferraris quicker than the 2nd quickest 650S. People have pretty much ceded Le Mans to the Ferraris with 4 second or more gaps to the other cars.

Gix916
25-10-2017, 08:37
I may be missing the point here, but on PC you have a leaderboard where you can see times for all cars at all tracks. you could compare them to see how "matched" they are.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

Renoldo1990
25-10-2017, 08:41
Hey,

Yeah I played it on both plattforms. Game is nearly exactly the same. Graphics look nicer on PC though and the FFB is a bit better on PC.

There is still some time left in my best times. Just gave it a short shot yesterday. It's hard to get all 3 sectors together. But if I combine my fastest sectors I'm at a "potential" best time of 37,9 for the McLaren and 38,2 for the Ferrari.
Maybe I will give it a go again in the next days.

In the leaderboards are much more fast Ferrari times because there are much more people using this car at the moment. It's a Ferrari. And nearly everybody loves Ferrari.
I'm quite sure that the McLaren is on the same level.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 08:46

Sloskimo said I had my work cut out for me. I shaved over 0.4 seconds off my previous fastest lap at Oulton Park Island. If you're testing at Daytona RC, I might have to give the GT-R a go there soon.

Hi Ravager, I think you're doing great, that track punishes me. I think I ran a C7.R to last place on the rc and I ran an R8 there so drizzit could try it but he is bored with the track. I ran a Huracan but that was a pain, kept spinning out on default and I just don't care for it there. Did not try the GTR, only 6 GTR runs there so far. For some reason the track really messes with my computer, it is really jerky and stuttering but I can mange to run it, not very nice looking visually.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 12:59
I may be missing the point here, but on PC you have a leaderboard where you can see times for all cars at all tracks. you could compare them to see how "matched" they are.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/

Thanks Gix, yes I look at that all the time. there were not many cars at Silverstone National when we started. Tried to reduce the advantage the Ferrari has on longer straights by using this track. None of us knew which car was faster when we started at this track, most of us didn't have much time in GT3 cars. After some runs with all the cars we were hoping the M6 or R8 would be able to challenge the Ferrari but none of us were able to clear the Ferrari by a couple of tenths. In fact the opinion is that the Ferrari could be pushed even faster. The Leaderboard clearly shows the dominance of the Ferrari, many more people run it as well. At this track with a lot of work we found the class to be very well balanced so more effort could be made with the other cars at the rest of the tracks and the disparity wouldn't be as evident. People have their favorite cars and for some of them they may be faster than they are with the Ferrari, doesn't mean overall the Ferrari isn't faster with someone else driving it. I am close to my Ferrari time with my R8 but someone else is .5 seconds faster with the Ferrari so, not much point saying the cars are equal. On this track some of the opinions/complaints voiced elsewhere about the default setups and car balancing I think are not fair, just my opinion, that's all. Besides, it was kind of fun doing this.:D

drizzit
25-10-2017, 13:34
My main point is having fun and learning to be a better driver, this gave me a chance of learning new tracks and cars while doing so and if my times help fill out some emptyish leaderboards for better comparisons while doing so all the better :)

Didn't know about that link though that's a great tool so thank you very much for pointing me towards it!

@blink I'll be trying those cars as soon as I can when I get home in a couple hours :) And if you guys want my times to compare with I'll run some Daytona laps no problem I just found that track to be less exciting then the other ones.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 13:42
My main point is having fun and learning to be a better driver, this gave me a chance of learning new tracks and cars while doing so and if my times help fill out some emptyish leaderboards for better comparisons while doing so all the better :)

Didn't know about that link though that's a great tool so thank you very much for pointing me towards it!

@blink I'll be trying those cars as soon as I can when I get home in a couple hours :) And if you guys want my times to compare with I'll run some Daytona laps no problem I just found that track to be less exciting then the other ones.

Hi drizzit, good morning. No need for you to run Daytona, hopefully we can find some exciting tracks as we move along.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 13:45
Hey,

Yeah I played it on both plattforms. Game is nearly exactly the same. Graphics look nicer on PC though and the FFB is a bit better on PC.

There is still some time left in my best times. Just gave it a short shot yesterday. It's hard to get all 3 sectors together. But if I combine my fastest sectors I'm at a "potential" best time of 37,9 for the McLaren and 38,2 for the Ferrari.
Maybe I will give it a go again in the next days.

In the leaderboards are much more fast Ferrari times because there are much more people using this car at the moment. It's a Ferrari. And nearly everybody loves Ferrari.
I'm quite sure that the McLaren is on the same level.

Hi Renoldo, if you want to compare your 650S with what we have done so far you need to run a 0:53.380 at Silverstone National. That will get everyone's attention.:cool:

drizzit
25-10-2017, 19:16
Hi drizzit, redo of the Trofeo, you should like it. You don't have to work all the time.

Feels good, my lap was far from perfect (seem to have an off day today) but managed to shave a fair bit of my time

https://i.gyazo.com/2630d14aba494045c5ecaf1929d41b6f.jpg

Also tried to catch your P1 time but no dice so far I cant even catch my own time today heh

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 19:21
Ok drizzit, I worked on the dampers, trying to give you better turn in. I am having a not so good day either, can't drive the M6.:(

drizzit
25-10-2017, 19:54
Well I put up some SMS stable times with the rest of the GT3's at Dubai. A couple of them decent times but usually about a second behind you guys as usual but its a start anyway :)

drizzit
25-10-2017, 20:37
Ah well I give up for today... not making any progress at all guess I'm just too tired, I'll try again tomorrow :)

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 21:51
Ah well I give up for today... not making any progress at all guess I'm just too tired, I'll try again tomorrow :)

Hi drizzit, the track ambient is 108, so your description of the track feeling slippery is correct. In order to improve your time you have to be more consistent at every corner and it's hard when the car is moving around so much. We can move on to another track where the tires work better, no need to get stressed out, we can come back later.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 22:07
How about this track? Ambient in the 70's, decent grip, default loose works(change brake bias pressure) ready to roll. Lots of corners, braking.

drizzit
25-10-2017, 22:13
How about this track? Ambient in the 70's, decent grip, default loose works(change brake bias pressure) ready to roll. Lots of corners, braking.

I'll give it a try tomorrow :)
I don't mind the Dubai track either it's hard but I kind of like it. I'll go wherever the rest of you guys go heh

wcujer80
26-10-2017, 00:24
Bounced over to Red Bull Ring GP for a bit to work on heavy braking and getting better at tight corners that you need to get right to power down a straight. Mostly in the low 1:33's after about 4 or 5 laps except for the Ferrari which only took me a lap to be at 1:32.7, which is good for......327th place and 5 seconds off the top time. Well, work to be done there I guess.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 01:05
Bounced over to Red Bull Ring GP for a bit to work on heavy braking and getting better at tight corners that you need to get right to power down a straight. Mostly in the low 1:33's after about 4 or 5 laps except for the Ferrari which only took me a lap to be at 1:32.7, which is good for......327th place and 5 seconds off the top time. Well, work to be done there I guess.

Cool wcujer, I followed your post on the Huracan thread, it's good to have someone with real world experience on here. I watch the IMSA racing here on TV and the Ferraris are good in the GTD class. Ferrari then Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes in the championship points. Qualifying at the most recent race was 911 at 1:18.161, 488 at 1:20.661, NSX at 1:20.739 and the rest of the field incrementally slower. So it's not unusual for 1 car make to pull of a significant gap at a particular track. Not the 3 seconds we are seeing in PC2 though with the typical Huracan. Maybe people just need more time with it to bring it up to speed. I didn't like it much myself at National as it was one of my slower cars.

wcujer80
26-10-2017, 01:34
Cool wcujer, I followed your post on the Huracan thread, it's good to have someone with real world experience on here. I watch the IMSA racing here on TV and the Ferraris are good in the GTD class. Ferrari then Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes in the championship points. Qualifying at the most recent race was 911 at 1:18.161, 488 at 1:20.661, NSX at 1:20.739 and the rest of the field incrementally slower. So it's not unusual for 1 car make to pull of a significant gap at a particular track. Not the 3 seconds we are seeing in PC2 though with the typical Huracan. Maybe people just need more time with it to bring it up to speed. I didn't like it much myself at National as it was one of my slower cars.

Judging by the other cars at the track it is most likely time and effort. Someone has a Caddy at 1:30, an Acura at 1:28.5 (and someone with no assists doing a 1:30 with a gamepad!), and a McLaren at 1:29.2. So the Ferrari is still faster but not as dominant as it is over the Lambo right now.

Oh, and I hope it wasn't me that came across as having real world experience. I'm just a guy that sits in front of a TV with a crappy wooden rig that he built to hold a chair and steering wheel (and not particularly well since I'm not exactly good at woodworking). Anything I know is either from watching TV or looking up info on the internet.

Ravager619
26-10-2017, 04:05
I had to give Daytona's road course a try tonight. My results were mixed. Although I've got a decent time on the board I still feel the setup needs work. I love the last three numbers of my fast lap, though.

I'll likely do more testing at this track. This track has always been a challenge to get right, no matter which game you play. I also want to do a 24-hour race on it soon.

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 04:09

I said you had work to do :P Did not mean my time was particularly fast, pretty sure if we both ran it enough we'd be somewhere in the low 1:19s, if not faster.

I remember running the BMW 320 against vik.p for a bit in Pcars 1 on Snetterton 300. Think we started in the 1:51 range, and eventually we gradually dropped down to 1:45 something, because we kept on running it. Of course the aliens were running the in 1:43 range, anyway, it's amazing how much time you can shave off if you run a track often enough.

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 04:15

The horse thief mile? AKA The roller coaster, well, in my mind it is called that. It's not an easy place to make a good laptime, pretty much every corner is "problematic" there :) Can be fun to drive though.

Ravager619
26-10-2017, 06:05

I prefer the Willow Springs International layout. Up until Long Beach was included in PC2, this was the closest real life track to where I live so it always felt like "home" whenever I raced it.

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 07:42
I prefer the Willow Springs International layout. Up until Long Beach was included in PC2, this was the closest real life track to where I live so it always felt like "home" whenever I raced it.

Long Beach is not an easy track, I was bad at it when I still played Forza and I can safely say nothing has changed. As far as “home tracks” go, even though I’m halfway around the world right now, Zandvoort would be good, it’s a nice track, liked it in R3E and AC, not just because I’m dutch :)

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 10:23
I had to give Daytona's road course a try tonight. My results were mixed. Although I've got a decent time on the board I still feel the setup needs work. I love the last three numbers of my fast lap, though.

I'll likely do more testing at this track. This track has always been a challenge to get right, no matter which game you play. I also want to do a 24-hour race on it soon.

That's really cool, ever happen with the RTR? How is your computer handling the track?

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 10:59
That's really cool, ever happen with the RTR? How is your computer handling the track?

Mine handles it fine compared to most tracks, smooth enough. I am also no good at Daytona, need to run it more, seems simple, but not so much in the end.

Btw Blink, I ran GT3s at Dubai National and Club, gives you something to do ;)

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 11:18
Mine handles it fine compared to most tracks, smooth enough. I am also no good at Daytona, need to run it more, seems simple, but not so much in the end.

Btw Blink, I ran GT3s at Dubai National and Club, gives you something to do ;) Thanks. Are you just using default set ups? Drizzit is having problems with my setups but can run default so maybe he could use yours. I ran mine using my Silverstone set ups? I guess I will have to look at a new pc soon, even though both of us are using old systems mine is frustrating me to a point I won't run certain tracks anymore.

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 11:36
Thanks. Are you just using default set ups? I ran mine using my Silverstone set ups? I guess I will have to look at a new pc soon, even though both of us are using old systems mine is frustrating me to a point I won't run certain tracks anymore.

I run whatever setup is loaded, so probably the Sil Nat setups, not sure, do not really pay attention to those. Usually only do, when I can not beat your times, I start to mess with the setup, but there’s tons of time to be had on those tracks.

You need to run the Ford GT LM on Dubai Club again, it goes great there.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 12:06
I run whatever setup is loaded, so probably the Sil Nat setups, not sure, do not really pay attention to those. Usually only do, when I can not beat your times, I start to mess with the setup, but there’s tons of time to be had on those tracks.

You need to run the Ford GT LM on Dubai Club again, it goes great there.

The setup will load with the last track you visited and saved a setup at. Ok, the GT3's are faster here than in PC1 go figure. Hotter track, tires with less grip, "cars will be slower" due to improved physics and more realistic tire models. What do you think of Mullenbach?

Ravager619
26-10-2017, 14:14

My computer runs fine on Daytona's road course. In fact, it was the first track I did TT on in PC2 with the RTR. I stopped once I did a sub 2 minute lap, but I'm pretty sure I could lower that time a bit now that I have more of an understanding of how to tune a setup. The problem I had running the GT-R is judging where to stop for the bus stop chicane on the backstretch. I have to stop earlier than when I ran the RTR, but I don't really have a marker on the outside wall to tell me where to stop slowing down. With the RTR, I knew it was just before the green signage on that SAFER barrier on the right side.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 14:20
My computer runs fine on Daytona's road course. In fact, it was the first track I did TT on in PC2 with the RTR. I stopped once I did a sub 2 minute lap, but I'm pretty sure I could lower that time a bit now that I have more of an understanding of how to tune a setup. The problem I had running the GT-R is judging where to stop for the bus stop chicane on the backstretch. I have to stop earlier than when I ran the RTR, but I don't really have a marker on the outside wall to tell me where to stop slowing down. With the RTR, I knew it was just before the green signage on that SAFER barrier on the right side.

Me too, carrying more speed with the GTR than RTR, I usually do a motorcycle like high side going in there the first time I try out a new car.:D

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 17:18
This is another track where the PC2 GT3's are faster than PC1. It looks like the Ferrari is going to be a PITA here as well, abandon hope.
Sad because it was kind of a BS setup I put into the Ferrari hoping to turn it into a dog, but here is the R8, yeah it's going to go faster, sure needs work by comparison.
Oh cr*p, it's high altitude, not as high as Bathurst but almost.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 18:02

Hi Ravager, I liked the old Streets of Willow from Shift. I don't care for the International so each of us is different. I liked Long Beach from the original GRID Codemasters game, Sure the Mazda 787B was way to fast but I liked it .;) I only went to Laguna Seca once for World Superbike, it was ok, you had to constantly keep on the move around the track to see anything because of the hills, I suppose they have big screen TV's by now.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 18:29
My personal favorite is Nordschleife, party because its the only track I have been to and actually on but mostly because its a good mix of everything into one track.
The one thing its not good at is testing things because its just too long and you can easily get frustrated if a messed up curve cost you 7min instead of 1min on the smaller tracks but hey cant have it all right :D

Anyway about to try this Horse thief one now we'll see how it goes...

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 18:33
My personal favorite is Nordschleife, party because its the only track I have been to and actually on but mostly because its a good mix of everything into one track.
The one thing its not good at is testing things because its just too long and you can easily get frustrated if a messed up curve cost you 7min instead of 1min on the smaller tracks but hey cant have it all right :D

Anyway about to try this Horse thief one now we'll see how it goes...

Cool drizzit, sorry I can't do Nordschleif but Sloskimo can.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 18:43
Well... there is a first for everything, first time I have flipped a car in PC2 lol

Man this one is tricky but well heres a start with default stable

https://i.gyazo.com/ff269f97a59703daa633db22228b6f89.jpg

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 19:01
Well... there is a first for everything, first time I have flipped a car in PC2 lol

Man this one is tricky but well heres a start with default stable

https://i.gyazo.com/ff269f97a59703daa633db22228b6f89.jpg

Cool drizzit! I've flipped plenty so you are on your way.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 19:02
This track is just evil lol... probably good practice but yea evil...

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 19:06
This track is just evil lol... probably good practice but yea evil...

Hopefully the straight section past start/finish isn't too boring.;)

drizzit
26-10-2017, 19:18
Hopefully the straight section past start/finish isn't too boring.;)

Hehe you really didnt like me saying that track was boring did you :D
But no this one aint boring just evil lol

Just doing some laps in random Gt3's and as usual I'm fastest in the McLaren (so far anyway) and dont come close in the BMW M6 (just feels like a big boat in this track) that used to be my favorite til I started doing these runs with you guys :P

https://i.gyazo.com/2d49febf948ca4025656ebf11e9871a4.jpg

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 19:24
Hehe you really didnt like me saying that track was boring did you :D
But no this one aint boring just evil lol

Just doing some laps in random Gt3's and as usual I'm fastest in the McLaren (so far anyway) and dont come close in the BMW M6 (just feels like a big boat in this track) that used to be my favorite til I started doing these runs with you guys :P

https://i.gyazo.com/2d49febf948ca4025656ebf11e9871a4.jpg

That's an awesome run drizzit!:cool: You don't need to run all the cars, I just thought it might be an interesting track for you someday. Yeah, I don't know why some of us have the same description of the M6, oh well, it's usually fairly quick though.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 19:34
I'm just trying out some random cars still trying to decide what ones I like :)

Its probably bad for my practice to keep switching so much but I like some variation, I need to mix up either cars or track a bit as I for some reason seem to make more and more mistakes the harder I try so my first 5-10 laps in a car are usually my best ones.

Anyway if you want me to a certain track or car just let me know or I'll keep mixing a bit between the ones we have ran so far ;)

drizzit
26-10-2017, 19:47
Here is my best one on Daytona btw,

https://i.gyazo.com/2de23485f2fe025815178b15d55f0cf5.jpg

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 19:59
Hey, I am just kidding around, run what you like. I ran the 650S, you are right, it is a good car and it's your favorite, what else could you want. I ran it at Horse thief, I added some clearance so it was easier to get through the ditch(I assume you flipped it there). You should stick to this car and just see how far you can take it, forget all the others.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 20:16
A 50.540 going sideways over the finishline.. beat that! lol
(trying the SMS loose setup)

But yea my main problem is the sharp right hand corner at the end of the finish straight then heading up the hill, I keep spinning out and going into the tires on the right side :rolleyes:

I'll be... I actually beat sloskimo :D (I'm sure he will beat me again as soon as he sees it but still)

https://i.gyazo.com/5c745f72cfe36c3c4d54144df252a290.jpg

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 20:39
That's great, yeah that is what I call the ditch, it's a low area for drainage when they have rain once a year. Are you still using the loose setup? The hairpin you need to brake earlier, extend your braking zone, clip the apex for the downhill.

drizzit
26-10-2017, 20:47
That's great, yeah that is what I call the ditch, it's a low area for drainage when they have rain once a year. Are you still using the loose setup? The hairpin you need to brake earlier, extend your braking zone, clip the apex for the downhill.

Yea using the SMS loose for that one, can definitely do better in a couple of the corners as you say I need to learn the braking zones a bit better I tend to brake too late and having to brake too hard so I carry almost no speed out of the corners.

Can say changing to the heavier spring on the throttle helped me btw, might be different once I get better but helps me feather the throttle a bit better as its not as easy to push too hard.

Gona have to call it for driving for today though I'm afraid so new try tomorrow, should have more time then :)

Ravager619
26-10-2017, 21:43
Y'all are going to make me run Horse Thief tonight, aren't you? I can't help it. My curiosity is already getting the better of me but I'm still at work.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 22:35
Y'all are going to make me run Horse Thief tonight, aren't you? I can't help it. My curiosity is already getting the better of me but I'm still at work.

The Ferrari and McLaren work well, drizzit is the only Nissan run so far, have fun easy on the knee, lots of braking and throttle work.:D

drizzit
26-10-2017, 23:04
I don't think it's going to stress your knee too much to beat my time though :D

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 00:39
Hi Ravager, I drove the M6, the steering is way to stiff for me to drive comfortably, it's exhausting. I managed to get it into the 49's barely.

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 01:27
The knee is actually feeling pretty good the past few days. I'll have to see what happens.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 02:06
The knee is actually feeling pretty good the past few days. I'll have to see what happens.
Ok, good test for it. What ever you do don't make the Ferrari faster than the 650S, I want a victory even though it is short lived, at least until Sloskimo wakes up.:D

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 02:31
This track was so much fun. The knee is probably going to be okay, but the muscles around it got a good workout.

You might want to be careful on the frontstretch, though.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 02:36
Holy! You win.:eek:

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 03:35
I didn't want to test the Ferarri, but then I remember Christina Nielsen drives this one so...

It's the first time I can recall driving this car, and I really like it. I may have to drive this one around Daytona's road course during the weekend.

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 06:27
It's a little past my bedtime, but I ran 7-8 laps on Daytona's road course with the Ferrari before I went to bed. It's the SMS Loose setup with 25L Fuel, 30% Radiator Opening and Engine Braking 3. This car is criminally faster than the GT-R. It's well mannered compared to the Nissan. With only the changes above, it's a second faster out of the infield compared to my best time with the GT-R.

Can I get in the 1:45s with more tuning. You bet. This is what I'll be up to this weekend.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 09:10
Ok, it's probably just a coincidence that she's in first place.:D In the game the Nissan isn't competitive with the Ferrari, R8, M6, 650S or Huracan. The Ferrari is fun to drive as well as fast, that is why so many are driving it. The game is supposed to be fun, glad you are having some.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 12:57
Hi cpcdem, I went back and moved my Huracan up. I am not the driver you are so I made a lot of modifications to pass your default time. I would still rate it 5th among the GT3's because of the amount of work it takes for non alien drivers to get a handle on this car.

img_87
27-10-2017, 13:23
Hi cpcdem, I went back and moved my Huracan up. I am not the driver you are so I made a lot of modifications to pass your default time. I would still rate it 5th among the GT3's because of the amount of work it takes for non alien drivers to get a handle on this car.

Look at that. Popped up in 8th spot without even realising this thread existed. Guess it's time to start hitting some GT3 laps!!!

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 13:57
What? Are you F4C3? Previously thanked you for passing me with the NSX.;) Yes, we were trying to beat the Ferrari at Silverstone National but were soundly defeated. Trying Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and although it isn't likely to beat the Ferrari here either it's kind of fun trying. Join in, just getting started.

img_87
27-10-2017, 14:46
What? Are you F4C3? Previously thanked you for passing me with the NSX.;) Yes, we were trying to beat the Ferrari at Silverstone National but were soundly defeated. Trying Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile and although it isn't likely to beat the Ferrari here either it's kind of fun trying. Join in, just getting started.

I certainly am. Love the GT3 class so will definitely be running some tests here. Haven't used the 488 except for initial testing of all cars and don't plan on using it any time soon. NSX is my favourite purely because i love that car so will get cracking!

img_87
27-10-2017, 15:02
Wow. Horse Thief Mile is awful!

drizzit
27-10-2017, 15:34

I wouldnt say awful but as I have said earlier in the thread, its evil for sure! lol

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 16:50

My knee said that during the first few laps, but I got the hang of it after awhile.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 17:14
Awful, evil I guess. There is plenty of time to rest after you get past the ditch(easy to crash to the right), then from the first hairpin on it's non stop. You need to careful of the little wiggles before start/finish, that's where Ravager launched his car. After you clear the first hairpin the left hairpin at the bottom of the hill is mostly a brake/slide job( I like the inside line). It gives drizzit a chance to try out his brakes and his new accelerator spring.:)

drizzit
27-10-2017, 17:21
Been trying to set a decent time on Nordschleife with the McLaren today not had too much luck though, I'm still about 6 seconds slower then my best BMW M6 run.

I really need to learn how to tune I think but so much I dont know lol

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 17:35
Been trying to set a decent time on Nordschleife with the McLaren today not had too much luck though, I'm still about 6 seconds slower then my best BMW M6 run.

Sorry drizzit, I can't do Nordschleife, using other peoples tunes not helpful?

drizzit
27-10-2017, 17:44
Sorry drizzit, I can't do Nordschleife, using other peoples tunes not helpful?

No problem at all didnt mean it like that, its just thanks to you guys I have learned how much I could potentially gain by tuning ;)
(was mainly saying I havent really tried the horse thief track today)

I just have so much I need to learn.
First of all I need to learn what I need to fix.. then what can be done to try and fix said thing. I might get there eventually but I'm barely past the "it feels good", "it feels bad" phase so a long way to go lol

Havent really tried any other tunes yet to be honest as I'm starting to see the merit of learning what I can from the 2 default tunes first so maybe I can learn what does what.

Will be a long road but well :)

drizzit
27-10-2017, 19:58
Well... cut of another 0.15
Might be able to do another 0.1ish with the default loose but then I think I need to change something, I just keep spinning out way too much if I try to squeeze out more

https://i.gyazo.com/31644b3b60b47c474be4bb05067b636b.jpg

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 20:26
Hi drizzit, where are you spinning? Hairpin at the end of sector 2 leading downhill?

drizzit
27-10-2017, 20:39
Beside the first corner we talked about before (starting to get a better idea on how to do this one finally), its mostly accelerating out of nr2 and nr3 hairpin on the uphill side, not so much trouble with the downhill ones. Road is so uneven I keep bouncing a bit and loosing traction. And I still need to work on when to brake, tough picking out good brake markers with the short entries but getting a bit better.

Anyway, also did a few tries at the redbull one, cant say I'm a big fan but got close to you atleast :)

https://i.gyazo.com/cfbe8fd367f7e080e63dc2ab30719a6a.jpg

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 20:43
Ok, I have a lot of problems with COTA Club, spinning in the first corner and can't brake for corner 2 worth a flip.

drizzit
27-10-2017, 21:04
Another first try for me, went pretty well if I do say so myself. Not the most graceful of laps but pretty nice flow to this one, the first corner is a pain though for sure.

https://i.gyazo.com/e398a3ec7c8a015771c9efd3bf9d9d87.jpg

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 21:22
cool drizzit, so are you going to stay there for a while?

drizzit
27-10-2017, 21:24
cool drizzit, so are you going to stay there for a while?

Sure :)

I'm about to call it for tonight though but I'll try some more GT3's there tomorrow

drizzit
27-10-2017, 21:37
Cant quite catch up to you guys (or myself in the McLaren) with the Audi but not bad at all for now

https://i.gyazo.com/76d0e3c529d03b75fd3b15d60cbef003.jpg

Thats all the driving I have time for today though so good luck guys and I'll be back tomorrow :)

Nyreen
27-10-2017, 21:47
lmao I'm on this board (Lapin), it was just a very short BoP to try a few cars, I think I can do miles better, though

Honestly I'd like to help you guys to do this, but what are the rules ? Pick a short track, and hotlap GT3's ? I'd just like to help and fill a gap, do the BoP require some cars to be driven on certain tracks ? I didn't keep track of everything that has be done

drizzit
27-10-2017, 21:55
lmao I'm on this board (Lapin), it was just a very short BoP to try a few cars, I think I can do miles better, though

Honestly I'd like to help you guys to do this, but what are the rules ? Pick a short track, and hotlap GT3's ? I'd just like to help and fill a gap, do the BoP require some cars to be driven on certain tracks ? I didn't keep track of everything that has be done

Its not specifically about BoP anymore as SMS have already stated work has been done in next patch so we mostly compare the GT3's to each other for future comparisons, so no rules.

I think the main reason for the short tracks is Blink who started the initiative has a hard time physically doing the longer tracks but I'm sure any comparisons you do with a few different cars at any track are welcome :)

Personally its mostly about learning to become a better driver as I'm really new to this world and my times are not really good enough to be used for any statistics but having the other people in here to compare myself too has helped me alot.

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 22:03

No rules tried to beat the 488 and lost. We are just trying out different tracks with the GT3's . SMS has already completed their rebalance and we will get that in a patch. When we get the improvements we can compare with our old results to see how much quicker/faster we are. Drizzit may think I am torturing him but I am just trying to get him some different experiences. He has picked his car already, the 650S. Not bad, one of the top 4. He is at COTA Club at the moment. We ran all the cars at Silverstone National, a few at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, just getting started really.

drizzit
27-10-2017, 22:05
No rules tried to beat the 488 and lost. We are just trying out different tracks with the GT3's . SMS has already completed their rebalance and we will get that in a patch. When we get the improvements we can compare with our old results to see how much quicker/faster we are. Drizzit may think I am torturing him but I am just trying to get him some different experiences. He has picked his car already, the 650S. Not bad, one of the top 4. He is at COTA Club at the moment. We ran all the cars at Silverstone National, a few at Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, just getting started really.

I still think you enjoy me spinning out :tongue-new:

I do enjoy the challenge and the support though so please keep it up ;)

Nyreen
27-10-2017, 23:28
I'll certainly get the difference on Red Bull Ring after the patch, I've pretty much soaked up every car on that track, but can't get under 1:30 with an other car than the Ferrari. I try to predict the new king, I think everyone will turn to the Audi next but other than the 488, the class is pretty balanced at the top, really depends on track conditions (altitude, weather)

Do we have infos on this new patch ? What are the balances and when will it come out ? They seem pretty lazy with the releasing of what-should-be a hotfix

drizzit
27-10-2017, 23:38
All we got is the word of SMS mainly from Dough here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1397124&viewfull=1#post1397124

They have mentioned it in a few other posts after this too in that thread and a couple in this sub forum, think there was mention of it in the Tyre thread and the huracan one

No idea when it will come other then it's said to be in next patch

Ravager619
28-10-2017, 06:08
I spent about an hour running free practice with the Ferrari 488 tonight. I'm getting more of a feel for the track, but I think I need a little more practice before I do TT.

I was pleased with this FP time. The tire pressure was about 25 PSI. The difference in tire temps from the inner to the outer edges varied by 7-8 degrees. I actually had 8 gallons of gas while on hard slicks too. The handling almost feels like its where it needs to be, but I also wonder if the racers in the 1:45s are running soft slicks?

Now for something different. Who here has driven the Ford-F150 RTR Funhaver?

I decided to do a lap in TT at Horse Thief Mile with the default setup. It felt like it took forever!

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 08:13
Hi Ravager, I had forgotten the truck. It's slower than the Escort and Toyota. I think we are going to move on to another track. Drizzit is checking out COTA.

Nyreen
28-10-2017, 10:54
It's not precised where it is, I've tried the most interesting half of the GT3's for the COTA Club.

The picture is too small (it's a screenshot of both of my screens), here's the link : https://i.imgur.com/Vm5MpRC.jpg

1/ 00:46.649 - Lamborghini Hurącan
2/ 00:46.716 - McLaren 650S
3/ 00:46.819 - Audi R8 LMS
4/ 00:46.959 - Ferrari 488
5/ 00:47.246 - Ginetta G55
6/ 00:47.340 - Renault Sport R.S. 01 (GT3)

I'm doing an other run tomorrow to complete this list. As you can see, the Ferrari isn't first. There is faster guys than me but the car wasn't balanced enough and it's the best decent, clean hotlap I could make before getting upset on the car. The Audi is a blast to drive on this little track. The McLaren too, but it requires a bit of tuning, though it is tricky to tune. Both the Ginetta and the Renault have a weird handling but such potential with you're used to the car and already fast with it. Those are definitely capable of a 0:46.

The true winner is the Lamborghini. Not only because it is the quickest, but also because it was my first lap ever with the lamborghini. I just nailed it first time I drove it, and couldn't get quicker in my next laps. I gave up after four laps, basically.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 11:07
Cool Lapin! I guess we will stay here for a while, I think the Ferrari's 0:46.598 is beatable but the Ferrari can be made faster as well, I'm not interested in pushing it. Someone will show up though.

Nyreen
28-10-2017, 11:47
Of course it's beatable but the skillcap for this track is way higher than the others. I mean ; yes, you an push the Ferrari further, but you'll need to be perfect and that's a lot of effort. On the other side, you can casually drive the Huracan at roughly the same pace.

I'll try to get decent laptimes from the other cars as well, I said tomorrow but maybe this evening. I did seven cars in two hours already. I have some hopes from the Nissan and the NSX to get to the 0:46s, not so much for the others.

drizzit
28-10-2017, 12:44
Nice ones Nyreen!

More times I'll never be able to beat but another ghost to follow is welcome :D

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 13:38

Nordschleife goes better with a proper tune, but equally, just driving the track better can get you massive improvements in lap time. As you mentioned before though, kind of annoying messing things up after 6 minutes of nice driving :) I have a habit of messing up either the corner before the long straight, or the ones after it.

I'll give it a go and see how it goes on the ring, the Mclaren is one of my least favorite GT3s though, not sure why. It was in PCars 1, and it seems to have carried over into the 650S in PCars 2. Have not driven it a lot though, so perhaps I should just drive it more.

Edit: managed a 6:50 in the McLaren, but could definitely use a better setup, shows as custom setup, not sure why, perhaps I messed with the springs before.

A lot harder to drive than the M6, drove that happily to 6:46 without too much hassle, screwing up the carroussel in the process, felt like cruising compared to the McLaren.

Ravager619
28-10-2017, 15:05
Nordschleife goes better with a proper tune, but equally, just driving the track better can get you massive improvements in lap time. As you mentioned before though, kind of annoying messing things up after 6 minutes of nice driving :) I have a habit of messing up either the corner before the long straight, or the ones after it.

I'll give it a go and see how it goes on the ring, the Mclaren is one of my least favorite GT3s though, not sure why. It was in PCars 1, and it seems to have carried over into the 650S in PCars 2. Have not driven it a lot though, so perhaps I should just drive it more.

Edit: managed a 6:50 in the McLaren, but could definitely use a better setup, shows as custom setup, not sure why, perhaps I messed with the springs before.

A lot harder to drive than the M6, drove that happily to 6:46 without too much hassle, screwing up the carroussel in the process, felt like cruising compared to the McLaren.

I ran into that before. When it happened to me, I had tuned a setup in free practice beforehand. I go into TT and by default it loads my tuned setup. When I load the SMS Loose setup, it will show as a tuned setup for some reason. It must be a bug.

drizzit
28-10-2017, 16:25
Any time you load a setup and save it it will show up as tuned even if you load the 2 default ones, it's a bit misleading but well...

I do alot better with the McLaren then the M6 on she shorter tracks we have been trying mainly because it feels more nimble I think but that also means it can be harder to control and I think I feel that in the twisty parts after the carousel on Nords and Yea messing up a 7 min lap hurts more heh.
Another favorite for me seems to be the Audi so will give that one a try next.

I'm well behind you in times Sloskimo but pretty happy to see the gap is about the same with both the McLaren and the M6 atleast and 15 sec isn't too horrible on a 7 min lap, i mean it's alot of course but not as much as I thought it would be so I'll just keep at it :D

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 16:49
Any time you load a setup and save it it will show up as tuned even if you load the 2 default ones, it's a bit misleading but well...

I do alot better with the McLaren then the M6 on she shorter tracks we have been trying mainly because it feels more nimble I think but that also means it can be harder to control and I think I feel that in the twisty parts after the carousel on Nords and Yea messing up a 7 min lap hurts more heh.
Another favorite for me seems to be the Audi so will give that one a try next.

I'm well behind you in times Sloskimo but pretty happy to see the gap is about the same with both the McLaren and the M6 atleast and 15 sec isn't too horrible on a 7 min lap, i mean it's alot of course but not as much as I thought it would be so I'll just keep at it :D

Yeah, 10-15 secs is not that much on the ring, I've run that track so many times, it's not even funny, back to GT4 and in all current sims. Think I might be able to get the M6 down to maybe 6:40 ish if I ran more laps, but that's where my talent runs out. Might be able to get the McLaren in the low 6:40s also if I found a good setup and ran a bunch of laps, just so time consuming.

My lap now in the 650 felt out of control several times, need to find a low downforce setup that won't kill me when the road bends :)

Sometimes run the individual stages before running a full lap, easier that way to get a feel for it and then string it all together, well that's the plan anyway. Then I just crash on my full lap :)

drizzit
28-10-2017, 17:27
My laps are far from perfect I can say that lol but at my current skill level I don't think I can cut much of my best time (6.59 with the M6) without trying my hands at setups as pushing more just leads to more mistakes currently.
So Yea as i dont know what I'm doing all of them so far has been done with the SMS stable.

More practice of the track might squeeze out a few seconds and I can probably get most cars in at around the 7min line (have a couple at around 7.04-7.06 ish atm) with practice but going below that is a big step for me.

Will keep at it but it's been good for me to mix it up quite a bit with the other tracks you guys run :)

I'll be trying some more Gt3's on COTA tonight first of all.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 17:38
Well I got some patches and according to the notes I have received vehicle performance improvements, the AM Vantage feels like a rocketship now. Ferrari a garbage truck.;)

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 17:53
Well I got some patches and according to the notes I have received vehicle performance improvements, the AM Vantage feels like a rocketship now. Ferrari a garbage truck.;)

Do you get matching Mario and Luigi suits for the garbage truck too at a discount from SMS with the patch?

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 17:56
As much as hated to do it I ran the Ferrari at COTA Club, didn't do much, Silverstone National set up, trashed a couple corners. Hey cpcdem if you have some time this weekend would you run a default in the Ferrari so I can have benchmark? Thanks, no worries if you don't.

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 17:58
My laps are far from perfect I can say that lol but at my current skill level I don't think I can cut much of my best time (6.59 with the M6) without trying my hands at setups as pushing more just leads to more mistakes currently.
So Yea as i dont know what I'm doing all of them so far has been done with the SMS stable.

More practice of the track might squeeze out a few seconds and I can probably get most cars in at around the 7min line (have a couple at around 7.04-7.06 ish atm) with practice but going below that is a big step for me.

Will keep at it but it's been good for me to mix it up quite a bit with the other tracks you guys run :)

I'll be trying some more Gt3's on COTA tonight first of all.

I'll run any track, just don't run Fuji, that thing is so wide at points I get lost at sea.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 18:00
Do you get matching Mario and Luigi suits for the garbage truck too at a discount from SMS with the patch?

No but I have the only garbage truck with Pirelli slicks and Kimi and Seb as loaders.:cool:

drizzit
28-10-2017, 18:10
No but I have the only garbage truck with Pirelli slicks and Kimi and Seb as loaders.:cool:

Needs more turtle shells and banana peels! :D

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 18:16
Hey, I lucked out with a run in the Z4, don't see you in my mirrors yet.;)

drizzit
28-10-2017, 18:23

I'll try to run through most of the Gt3's when I get home in about an hour :)

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 18:36
No worries drizzit I didn't run them all either.

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 18:40

i'll give it go after I am done stream... eeh, watching F1 qualifying.

Nyreen
28-10-2017, 18:44
More times I'll never be able to beat but another ghost to follow is welcome :D

I like this little track because there's not a lot of tricks to it. There's not a big gap between driving very wide on the kerbs and get a penalty half of the time, and just follow the racing line (unlike Red Bull Ring, eh). My tips are ; brake late for first corner (you want the better exit). Try not to enter the second corner too slowly and you want to tune your car to be able to smoothly trail the brakes in after your hard braking. In the last section of the track, in the only right corner, you may want to take a bit of a wide entry to tuck in at the exit to get that left corner smooth and fast. You don't want to brake, but if you're able to get on it full throttle, it maybe was because you weren't fast enough in the right corner. I find myself coasting it most of the time, also to not spin the car on the kerb, the main issue I try to avoid with these little snappy rear engine cars.

I've pretty much followed that line in every of my ghosts, it sure can be improved somewhere but it's an honorable pace already

drizzit
28-10-2017, 18:57
I like this little track because there's not a lot of tricks to it. There's not a big gap between driving very wide on the kerbs and get a penalty half of the time, and just follow the racing line (unlike Red Bull Ring, eh). My tips are ; brake late for first corner (you want the better exit). Try not to enter the second corner too slowly and you want to tune your car to be able to smoothly trail the brakes in after your hard braking. In the last section of the track, in the only right corner, you may want to take a bit of a wide entry to tuck in at the exit to get that left corner smooth and fast. You don't want to brake, but if you're able to get on it full throttle, it maybe was because you weren't fast enough in the right corner. I find myself coasting it most of the time, also to not spin the car on the kerb, the main issue I try to avoid with these little snappy rear engine cars.

I've pretty much followed that line in every of my ghosts, it sure can be improved somewhere but it's an honorable pace already

I'll be sure to load a ghost and check it out, thank you very much for the tips :)

As for tuning that's not really an option for me yet as I have no idea how to do it so for now I'm using default setups or trying a setup from the other people in here once I do what I can with defaults. Hopefully will be an option in the future though.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 19:44
Hey Sloskimo, thanks for helping! M6 feels pretty good here.

Sloskimo
28-10-2017, 19:58
Hey Sloskimo, thanks for helping! M6 feels pretty good here.

I am warming to the M6 now I'm slowly figuring out how to drive it. The short-shifting just feels so unnatural, I'll give it a go before going to bed.

Edit: Quote from the M division of BMW: "we will not turbocharge cars!" They discounted the "omg the world is going to die" eco nazis :p So now we're stuck with this ;)

drizzit
28-10-2017, 20:37
I just cant get this car around the first corner in any orderly fashion at all... changed the brake bias a little to 60/40 and it got a bit better but aaargh lol

https://i.gyazo.com/08d86da005f511383f47228fc053f3ba.jpg

M6 is much better behaved with the default setup, have a potential about 0.2 better then this but cant string a whole lap together so far

https://i.gyazo.com/4c2a0ef0de047c0369fab1b9dd8e2b69.jpg

drizzit
28-10-2017, 22:17
Ok, set a time with most of the GT3's atleast.
Some decent times, some not so much, the AMG feels like a freight ship and the aston well... lets just say I cant control this one today lol

In the end even though I went back and cut a bit of my time with the McLaren I'm sad to say for a change my fastest one so far is the Ferarri, I'm still not really a fan of it but it felt good on this track with the default stable.

https://i.gyazo.com/4f192a76387d325b3fc5534638cb5861.jpg

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 22:29
Hi drizzit, you are doing great!! Thanks for trying the cars. Maybe now you could try improving your times with just your favorite 650S and the Ferrari so you can focus more on the track and driving lines. Thanks for all the effort. Thanks Lapin for putting together all the great benchmarks for us!!

drizzit
28-10-2017, 22:35
Hi drizzit, you are doing great!! Thanks for trying the cars. Maybe now you could try improving your times with just your favorite 650S and the Ferrari so you can focus more on the track and driving lines. Thanks for all the effort. Thanks Lapin for putting together all the great benchmarks for us!!

Thank you for the encouragement :)

I think I will concentrate on Ferarri, McLaren and Audi for a bit those were the ones that felt best on this one and didnt have time to go back and try the Audi again today so think I can pick that one up a bit now that I have more time on the track.

Nyreen
28-10-2017, 22:37
You should start to drive on loose setups, the cars are more tail happy but you'll find yourself quicker.

I've done all the GT3s, except the Aston because I've heard it's gonna be reworked as it is useless right now.

Updated leaderboard of me at COTA Club :
1/ 00:46.649 - Lamborghini Hurącan
2/ 00:46.716 - McLaren 650S
3/ 00:46.780 - BMW M6
4/ 00:46.819 - Audi R8 LMS
5/ 00:46.940 - Cadillac ATS-V.R
6/ 00:46.959 - Ferrari 488
7/ 00:47.025 - BMW Z4
8/ 00:47.044 - Acura NSX
9/ 00:47.101 - Nissan GT-R Nismo
10/ 00:47.246 - Ginetta G55
11/ 00:47.340 - Renault Sport R.S. 01 (GT3)
12/ 00:47.447 - Mercedes-AMG GT3
13/ 00:47.520 - Porsche 911 GT3 R
14/ 00:47.740 - Bentley Continental

drizzit
28-10-2017, 22:41
I'll try the loose setups too for sure but for the moment I'm usually faster with the stable ones as the tail happy part is my biggest problem and I have a hard enough time to control it in most cars on stable :rolleyes:

But I'm getting better atleast so one day :D

Nyreen
28-10-2017, 22:49
Yeah, the exits are a bit challenging with a looser car, but you carry a lot more speed in the corners (for whatever reason). Blinkngone knows that I've gained a full three seconds on Watkins Glen just by trying the loose setup, compared to a very tighten up tuning of mine.

cpcdem
28-10-2017, 22:57
Hey cpcdem if you have some time this weekend would you run a default in the Ferrari so I can have benchmark? Thanks, no worries if you don't.

Yeah, will do, I kind of know this track from Grid Autosport, although I used to run this in reverse :)
Just need to do first some more laps in RBR with the Huracan, looks like we're having a small duel there :)

Ravager619
28-10-2017, 23:07
I gave COTA Club a try in the Porsche. I hate that track. I'd rather do Horse Thief Mile in the Funhaver again.

I'm thrilled this livery was included in the game. They were one of my favorite prototype teams until Memo Gidley had his accident. To find out they're still racing at any level makes me very happy.

blinkngone
28-10-2017, 23:48
I gave COTA Club a try in the Porsche. I hate that track. I'd rather do Horse Thief Mile in the Funhaver again.

I'm thrilled this livery was included in the game. They were one of my favorite prototype teams until Memo Gidley had his accident. To find out they're still racing at any level makes me very happy.

That's cool Ravager! I hadn't noticed the Red Dragon, I have it now! Yeah my computer thinks Club is flypaper, it sticks at every corner, especially annoying at the hard left before and through the esses. Sorry dude, the 911 is a pain, go with the Ferrari.

Ravager619
29-10-2017, 00:30
That's cool Ravager! I hadn't noticed the Red Dragon, I have it now! Yeah my computer thinks Club is flypaper, it sticks at every corner, especially annoying at the hard left before and through the esses. Sorry dude, the 911 is a pain, go with the Ferrari.

Actually, I like the Porsche. I ran about a dozen laps at Daytona RC earlier today and I really like the handling on the default setup. I may tinker with the setup some more tomorrow. I've already raced for four hours today. I'm done. :p

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 01:53
Ok, RTR, GTR, 911 R I guess there is a pattern.

Ravager619
29-10-2017, 02:46
I officially made peace with this track. I have blinkngone to thank for one thing I had to do with my setup. I had far too much Brake Pressure. I also did a few things with the front suspension so I could make the Porsche handle a little bit like the Ford Falcon FG through those S3 curves.

Nyreen
29-10-2017, 08:40
Kudos to you ! I absolutely didn't manage to get this car handle at my taste for this track. It handles objectively great but it's unpredictable. Guess it's just not my type of car

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 09:02
I officially made peace with this track. I have blinkngone to thank for one thing I had to do with my setup. I had far too much Brake Pressure. I also did a few things with the front suspension so I could make the Porsche handle a little bit like the Ford Falcon FG through those S3 curves.

Cool Ravager! I guess we can for more than a day.

Ravager619
29-10-2017, 14:10
Kudos to you ! I absolutely didn't manage to get this car handle at my taste for this track. It handles objectively great but it's unpredictable. Guess it's just not my type of car

Thanks. This one I had to go "outside the box" for me to get it to handle right. I kept getting penalties for not taking those S3 turns correctly. I'm glad I did this. I have an idea now on how to get the Porsche set up for Daytona RC.

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 15:48
A tifosi showed up thankfully.

Nyreen
29-10-2017, 17:30
What if you spend the same time tuning a car better-suited for this track ? Like the McLaren or the Huracan (or the M6 as it is probably the 2nd best car atm)

cpcdem
29-10-2017, 20:17
A tifosi showed up thankfully.

I also made an attempt, with the Ferrari and the Huracan, but this track does not work for me, I can't deal with all those blind corners.
I'm giving up, but also looking forward to your next track selection to participate in this fun tour again!

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 20:35
I also made an attempt, with the Ferrari and the Huracan, but this track does not work for me, I can't deal with all those blind corners.
I'm giving up, but also looking forward to your next track selection to participate in this fun tour again!
Hi cpcdem, thanks or trying! It messes me up as well, drizzit is doing good with it so we'll see where he goes next.

Ravager619
29-10-2017, 21:20
I took a side trip into Touring Car Land today, and it was my first time driving one in PC2. I really like them. I thought I had a decent setup for the AMG 45 and I'm in the top ten...

...but I'm nearly two seconds off the pace overall and the leader's using the default setup? :confused:

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 21:37
I took a side trip into Touring Car Land today, and it was my first time driving one in PC2. I really like them. I thought I had a decent setup for the AMG 45 and I'm in the top ten...

...but I'm nearly two seconds off the pace overall and the leader's using the default setup? :confused:
Hi Ravager, wait until you run into UK SimRacer, he can clear your #1 by 1.7 seconds at some tracks. The A 45 is probably the best overall of the TC's, kind of goes against your usual picks.:D

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 21:40
I ran the A 45 once.

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 21:53
This one appears to be like a "cheater" car for the class.

drizzit
29-10-2017, 23:16
Hi cpcdem, thanks or trying! It messes me up as well, drizzit is doing good with it so we'll see where he goes next.

Not had time to drive anything today I'm afraid so I'm a bit behind but yea I'll stick to COTA for a bit and try to concentrate on my best cars and see how it goes.

If you guys find another fun track I'll be along asap though so just let me know ;)

blinkngone
29-10-2017, 23:55
Take your time, I am hoping to recover from my latest injury. What are best cars?

drizzit
30-10-2017, 00:00
Take your time, I am hoping to recover from my latest injury. What are best cars?

Sorry to hear you got injured, hoping for a speedy recovery!

About what cars its the ones I mentioned last night; Ferarri, McLaren, Audi and maybe the BMW M6 as those are the ones I have been fastest with/have felt best on this track. I'm always open to suggestions though :)

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 00:01
Sorry, forgot, you might want to add the Huracan, Lapin and cpcdem are great with it.

drizzit
30-10-2017, 00:05
I really like the Huracan actually I just cant really keep up with the others at least not on my default setups but as you know I still like diversity heh
So great idea, I'll add it for sure :D

ttb57
30-10-2017, 02:43
Noticed this post the other day so decided to give the track a run. Top little circuit, love the blind turns. Not into modern cars but I'm having heaps of fun in the DBR1 and the Lotus25. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.:)

Ravager619
30-10-2017, 03:26

Sorry to hear you got injured. I hope you get better soon.

I haven't been able to race all evening. I had a power outage just before 5pm that knocked me offline. Then I found out the work-issued surge protector didn't do it's job. Guess who had to buy a new modem and router tonight?

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 08:31
Sorry to hear you got injured. I hope you get better soon.

I haven't been able to race all evening. I had a power outage just before 5pm that knocked me offline. Then I found out the work-issued surge protector didn't do it's job. Guess who had to buy a new modem and router tonight?

Sorry about, I've had good luck with my APC's. Survived for years in Florida with the daily spikes.

Nyreen
30-10-2017, 08:37
(Sorry for your injury, man)

About what cars its the ones I mentioned last night; Ferarri, McLaren, Audi and maybe the BMW M6 as those are the ones I have been fastest with/have felt best on this track. I'm always open to suggestions though :)

As blinkngone said, I also was the fastest with nimble rear-engine cars ; Ferrari, McLaren, Audi and Huracan. The M6 feels slow but in fact it's as quick as the others. You just sit so high in the car ! As a front engine car, I was very impressed by the Cadillac, I managed a good laptime out of it, everyone said it was a shitbox but it handles pretty well ! You can't really soak more speed out of it, though.

But care with the Bimmer and the Cadillac (if you dare to try it out), on this patch FR cars seem to have even more snap oversteer under braking than a MR (especially when downshifting to 2nd or 1st gear).

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 08:40
Noticed this post the other day so decided to give the track a run. Top little circuit, love the blind turns. Not into modern cars but I'm having heaps of fun in the DBR1 and the Lotus25. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.:)

Hi ttb57! I first ran this track on September 29th. I really couldn't get around the track very well at all. Now that I have lowered all my settings I find it more tolerable so if you have a decent PC it might be more fun. I haven't driven either of your cars of choice yet.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 09:17
Hi ttb57, I took the Lotus 25 for a spin, messed up the 90 left exit into the esses but the car drives ok. Made some changes to default loose. Not sure how best to brake the car so I mostly braked hard while straight and minor trail. I'll run it here with you if you want someone to run with. I guess we are not on the same platform but we could compare notes.

ttb57
30-10-2017, 09:24
Lol, just did a session myself. Yeah always fun havin' others joinin' in.:)

Says you are on PC?

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 09:32
Lol, just did a session myself. Yeah always fun havin' others joinin' in.:)

Says you are on PC?

Yes I am on PC, what are you on? Nevermind I see you. I haven't figured out the braking into the esses. Any idea what time you want to get to?

ttb57
30-10-2017, 09:53
I've done a 55-5 in practice but still haven't got it all tweaked yet. High 54 maybe?? Think I'm still on a full tank. Need to check.

**EDIT**
71l of fuel. I'll dump some next run.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 09:59
I've done a 55-5 in practice but still haven't got it all tweaked yet. High 54 maybe?? Think I'm still on a full tank. Need to check,
Sheesh, ok I'll try and go there with you. It's really squirrely through the esses, I am sure you know you are power sliding that thing all the way through there. For a new track it's badly rutted and the skinny tires aren't helping.

ttb57
30-10-2017, 10:09
Said i was havin' fun....:D

drizzit
30-10-2017, 10:45
(Sorry for your injury, man)

As blinkngone said, I also was the fastest with nimble rear-engine cars ; Ferrari, McLaren, Audi and Huracan. The M6 feels slow but in fact it's as quick as the others. You just sit so high in the car ! As a front engine car, I was very impressed by the Cadillac, I managed a good laptime out of it, everyone said it was a shitbox but it handles pretty well ! You can't really soak more speed out of it, though.

But care with the Bimmer and the Cadillac (if you dare to try it out), on this patch FR cars seem to have even more snap oversteer under braking than a MR (especially when downshifting to 2nd or 1st gear).

I'll try out the Cadillac just to have a time with it but I haven't been doing well enough with it before to warrant concentrating on it but who knows :)

Got to try that Lotus 25 too, it's one I haven't tried before but the Lotus 49 has been fun on other tracks

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 11:32
Said i was havin' fun....:D
I haven't followed your new and improved ghost yet.:D I am still running against my ghost until I get closer to you. The braking is messing with me, always does though, that 54ish looks far away a this time, just for me.

WvAllwheelDrive
30-10-2017, 12:14
I did a thing

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 12:26
Hi Tom, that's a fantastic run, would have been 5th on the PC1 Leaderboard, who says PC2 cars are slow? Give some of the other cars a run as well.:D The 650S runs well at Horse Thief Mile.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 13:37
Lotus 25, finally starting to get a handle on this thing. Not really but lowering the rear ARB helped me through the esses. Still, a half second off of the goal. The ghost is showing positive rear camber?

WvAllwheelDrive
30-10-2017, 13:38
Hi Tom, that's a fantastic run, would have been 5th on the PC1 Leaderboard, who says PC2 cars are slow? Give some of the other cars a run as well.:D The 650S runs well at Horse Thief Mile.

I don't care for the 650S
But i did break into the top 10 with the 911

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 13:54
Cool Tom. :cool: You don't have to like all the cars.

WvAllwheelDrive
30-10-2017, 14:36
This thing is fun

Ravager619
30-10-2017, 15:16
Sorry about, I've had good luck with my APC's. Survived for years in Florida with the daily spikes.

Uhh.... it was an APC surge protector that didn't do it's job. :(

drizzit
30-10-2017, 15:21
Using protector strips from Eaton myself, not had any problems with them but we dont have many spikes to be honest.

http://powerquality.eaton.com/romania/products-services/surge-suppression/ro-protection-strip.asp

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 15:50
thanks again Lukas! If you build it they will come. Could use some help with the R8 if you have time.

drizzit
30-10-2017, 16:14
Not having a good day with the Audi at all today... shaved of another 0.1 on my McLaren time but the Audi is resisting me today and my best time with it is still rather horrible heh

lukas2121
30-10-2017, 16:22
thanks again Lukas! If you build it they will come. Could use some help with the R8 if you have time.

Hey there, I've been enjoying these GT3/4 threads so just signed up to get more involved with this. The Lotus is my favourite in AC so couldn't pass up an opportunity to drive it here, the setup should just be the default loose setup but I have to save as custom because of the setup loading bug. In turns 1 and 2 you can keep it in 2nd gear with just a small slide to keep the revs high enough and that looked to be where I was gaining most of my time over your ghosts. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could get the Lotus in to the low 53's as tenths seem to appear from nowhere sometimes.

I'll try out the R8 tonight, I haven't driven it since I found out that (for me at least) the loose setup is almost always a good chunk faster than stable, should be interesting.

drizzit
30-10-2017, 16:37
My first under 47 run, still with the default stable. Loose could be faster for sure but I still cant put together a full lap to beat my stable run :rolleyes:

https://i.gyazo.com/581444da5651e409cec4db1bfe311264.jpg

And my second one under 47, got to say this one was a bit unexpected but feels really nice on this track when I get a good run

https://i.gyazo.com/704786507578a077cf50af0523926fc4.jpg

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 17:53
My first under 47 run, still with the default stable. Loose could be faster for sure but I still cant put together a full lap to beat my stable run :rolleyes:

https://i.gyazo.com/581444da5651e409cec4db1bfe311264.jpg

And my second one under 47, got to say this one was a bit unexpected but feels really nice on this track when I get a good run

https://i.gyazo.com/704786507578a077cf50af0523926fc4.jpg

That's a great run with the 488 drizzit!:D Even better one with the M6 considering you rarely run this car.:cool: Sorry about the R8, maybe Lukas will figure something out. I would like to stay here at this track where you are making such dramatic progress.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 18:18
Hey there, I've been enjoying these GT3/4 threads so just signed up to get more involved with this. The Lotus is my favourite in AC so couldn't pass up an opportunity to drive it here, the setup should just be the default loose setup but I have to save as custom because of the setup loading bug. In turns 1 and 2 you can keep it in 2nd gear with just a small slide to keep the revs high enough and that looked to be where I was gaining most of my time over your ghosts. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could get the Lotus in to the low 53's as tenths seem to appear from nowhere sometimes.

I'll try out the R8 tonight, I haven't driven it since I found out that (for me at least) the loose setup is almost always a good chunk faster than stable, should be interesting.

Thanks Lukas. The time you achieved is great, ttb57 's goal was a high 54 so now he now he knows it is possible and how to get there.

Ravager619
30-10-2017, 18:18
I'm at 1:47:7xx with the Porsche at Daytona's road course at the moment in free practice. I imagine with more tuning I should be able to get in the 1:46s when I attempt TT. I just wanted to post this and say I finally figured out how to enable telemetry in my game. This is very useful info while running laps. This is from when my car was coming out of Turn 4 and heading toward the frontstretch.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 18:25
I'm at 1:47:7xx with the Porsche at Daytona's road course at the moment in free practice. I imagine with more tuning I should be able to get in the 1:46s when I attempt TT. I just wanted to post this and say I finally figured out how to enable telemetry in my game. This is very useful info while running laps. This is from when my car was coming out of Turn 4 and heading toward the frontstretch.

That's cool Ravager, 1:46s would put you 3rd or better. I am sorry, I didn't know you couldn't use the telemetry, it's all I have been using, good thing you have it working now.

drizzit
30-10-2017, 18:25
That's a great run with the 488 drizzit!:D Even better one with the M6 considering you rarely run this car.:cool: Sorry about the R8, maybe Lukas will figure something out. I would like to stay here at this track where you are making such dramatic progress.

Was really surprised by the M6 but yea feels really good, will have to try some loose setups next time though :)

I'll stick to this track for a while longer however I wont be able to drive anything tomorrow so will be wednesday next.

Long day tomorrow so of for tonight, have fun guys :D

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 18:30
This thing is fun
Cool. Great run with AMG.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 19:44
Hi Tom, another great run, I suppose you might get tired of hearing this.:D

ttb57
30-10-2017, 20:36
Nice runs guys. Back for another try after work.:)

WvAllwheelDrive
30-10-2017, 21:58
Hi Tom, another great run, I suppose you might get tired of hearing this.:D

Does this mean i'm becoming one of those infamous aliens.

I wish i had something other than a ten year old 360 controller to play with.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 22:19
Does this mean i'm becoming one of those infamous aliens.

I wish i had something other than a ten year old 360 controller to play with.

You're fine, we like everyone regardless. The faster the people are how we know we need to improve. Maybe someday you will have a wheel, the only downside is a wheel can hurt you when you lose control unlike a gamepad or keyboard. Can also wear you out after lots of testing or racing.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 22:46
Hi Tom, Xiamoto is one I have considered an alien from PC1 days, look at what he has done to this leaderboard. This more is typical of what I considered an alien time when someone suddenly appears and gaps everyone by seconds. He is at or near the top for the other GT3's at this track. He dominated PC1 at Sonoma as well. Suomy from PC1 is another, he is just getting started in PC2 so we'll see.

Ravager619
30-10-2017, 22:53
This is all I have for now. I got thrown off because I've been testing with light clouds, and the medium clouds made a big difference in my setup. I'm still working on it.

I really love the Sin City camera filter though.

WvAllwheelDrive
30-10-2017, 23:01
Ok i've played Racing sims since GT legends and GTR2, I've never really done anything online until now. Internet in rural WV isn't very good as you can imagine.
IRL I have done a few seasons of dirt oval go kart racing and I've done a 3 day racing school at Mid-Ohio. Along with local and regional autocross.

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 23:09
That's still cool Ravager, you are getting closer to your goal. When you practice you have to try to duplicate the TT conditions as close as possible otherwise there is the normal "TT is slower than practice" experience. Some people say they won't run TT because it's slower than practice so why bother. Many threads about this in General. Usually a Mod or WMD member has to get involved to explain the need for using identical conditions for everybody in order to fairly compare lap times. Still no dice for many. I've never done practice myself except when someone asked me to check out the horrible grip at a certain track.

Ravager619
30-10-2017, 23:31
That's still cool Ravager, you are getting closer to your goal. When you practice you have to try to duplicate the TT conditions as close as possible otherwise there is the normal "TT is slower than practice" experience. Some people say they won't run TT because it's slower than practice so why bother. Many threads about this in General. Usually a Mod or WMD member has to get involved to explain the need for using identical conditions for everybody in order to fairly compare lap times. Still no dice for many. I've never done practice myself except when someone asked me to check out the horrible grip at a certain track.

Good points. As for the "horrible grip" at a certain track thing, I know what they're talking about. Try practicing at a place like Oulton Park (any configuration) on the default date, and then practice on the current date. Big difference between summer and late October besides the tree leaves turning brown. :eek:

lukas2121
30-10-2017, 23:46
Hey blinkngone, I've tried the Audi R8 (46.479) and it's very fast but gets unsettled so easily on the curbs. I've reduced front and rear camber a bit because it made me less likely to spin coming out of the slow corners but it's still quite snappy, I guess the next step would be to soften the anti-roll bars or springs? The car had the speed to beat my current Ferrari time but the 488 was much less challenging to control and was fast straight out of the box whereas the R8 seems to need some setup work to catch up, but then I guess some more setup work on the 488 would just put it ahead again. Either way I can definitely see why online GT3 lobbies are overflowing with Ferrari.

Now I'm tempted to see if I can grab P2 on that Road America leaderboard with Xiamoto, was always amazed at their PC1 times and I just can't resist a challenge :D.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 00:12
Hey blinkngone, I've tried the Audi R8 (46.479) and it's very fast but gets unsettled so easily on the curbs. I've reduced front and rear camber a bit because it made me less likely to spin coming out of the slow corners but it's still quite snappy, I guess the next step would be to soften the anti-roll bars or springs? The car had the speed to beat my current Ferrari time but the 488 was much less challenging to control and was fast straight out of the box whereas the R8 seems to need some setup work to catch up, but then I guess some more setup work on the 488 would just put it ahead again. Either way I can definitely see why online GT3 lobbies are overflowing with Ferrari.

Now I'm tempted to see if I can grab P2 on that Road America leaderboard with Xiamoto, was always amazed at their PC1 times and I just can't resist a challenge :D.

Cool Lukas! Go for it, he is mostly just doing default test runs so now would be the time.:D I beat him at one track in PC1 so it is possible.

Oh and thanks for the Audi, I agree it would just be leapfrog with the Ferrari and the Ferrari will always have the last jump.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 00:23
Hi Lapin, another good run with the AMG thanks. I moved my M6 closer to you but drizzit is closing in on both of us, good for him. If you have time the only car not run is the SLS, it surprised us at Silverstone National.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 00:59
Wow cpcdem is already moving up! Game on.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 01:24
Cool.:cool:

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 01:32
Did the SLS and Z4

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 01:48
Thank you very much Tom! What do think of the SLS?

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 01:49
Practically there!

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 01:52
Thank you very much Tom! What do think of the SLS?

It is really tail happy in the stable setup, i softened the rear ARB and gave it more rear camber to help catch the car in the first and second turns. Its also really underpowered compared to the newer GT3s.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 02:14
It is really tail happy in the stable setup, i softened the rear ARB and gave it more rear camber to help catch the car in the first and second turns. Its also really underpowered compared to the newer GT3s.

Ok, but you managed it quite well none the less. I t wasn't a bad car in PC1 but it took forever to get the tires working so not many people would run it. Now it is suffering here as well.

cpcdem
31-10-2017, 02:24
Practically there!

Pheew,at last, by 0.040! Was always messing up the last corner..
I'm sure Xiamoto has plenty more time to gain (especially with a setup), I also think I can further improve a bit as well.

Ravager619
31-10-2017, 04:37
I found more speed tonight at Daytona RC, and the scary part is on my best lap I'm sure I lost about 0.3 seconds on the hairpin. I also believe the setup could use some fine tuning. I'm also beginning to wonder if I need to change the FFB settings on my T150. Bottom line, I feel I can grab second place tomorrow if I work on this one further.

drizzit
31-10-2017, 05:45
I found more speed tonight at Daytona RC, and the scary part is on my best lap I'm sure I lost about 0.3 seconds on the hairpin. I also believe the setup could use some fine tuning. I'm also beginning to wonder if I need to change the FFB settings on my T150. Bottom line, I feel I can grab second place tomorrow if I work on this one further.

Great work!

I'm sure Xiamoto has plenty more time to gain (especially with a setup), I also think I can further improve a bit as well.

Congratulations!

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 08:00

That's great cpcdem! I don't think he defends his times, he didn't in PC1. We shall call you Alien Hunter.:D He just shows up and in a few days runs all the cars toward the top then moves on. Eventually some people pass him but generally not by much. He is either 1st or 2nd(5 times) with 1 tie.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 08:04

That's already impressive Ravager, it looks like you will exceed your goal!:cool:

cpcdem
31-10-2017, 09:27
That's great cpcdem! I don't think he defends his times, he didn't in PC1. We shall call you Alien Hunter.:D He just shows up and in a few days runs all the cars toward the top then moves on. Eventually some people pass him but generally not by much. He is either 1st or 2nd(5 times) with 1 tie.

:)

That's nice of him, it's very helpful to have a very good reference to target in plenty of tracks. But fighting for the best time over and over is what really helps improving your driving skill, because it forces you to try and find the last tenths, perfect the driving lines, learn how to setup properly etc. In RBR with the Huracan we've been having a duel in the last few days and we're now lapping 7-8 tenths faster than when we started this. A few days ago I would tell you it's absolutely not possible to do such a lap time..

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 10:06
:)

That's nice of him, it's very helpful to have a very good reference to target in plenty of tracks. But fighting for the best time over and over is what really helps improving your driving skill, because it forces you to try and find the last tenths, perfect the driving lines, learn how to setup properly etc. In RBR with the Huracan we've been having a duel in the last few days and we're now lapping 7-8 tenths faster than when we started this. A few days ago I would tell you it's absolutely not possible to do such a lap time..

Yes, Sel is representing the older people quite well and you are not cutting him any slack, nor should you.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 10:15
Hey guys, while we are waiting for Drizzit the Formula A and Renault are fun here. I think one of you could take out the Formula X WR here with the A.

drizzit
31-10-2017, 10:40
Don't wait for me, my work schedule is wierd and some days I just can't drive at all but I'll catch up when I can don't worry :D

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 11:58
Take that Group C (or IMSA GTP)

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 13:09
Take that Group C (or IMSA GTP)

Ok for now, how low can you go?

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 13:45
Not bashing but that Audi is faster than the Formula A at some tracks so what is up with that? The Audi runs Spa at 1:55.284 and Formula 1 at 1:47.197 in 2015 in real life. So the Formula A in game is way too slow and the Audi way too fast and the GTP ZX-Turbo is ridiculous in it's own right but mostly slower than the Audi.

drizzit
31-10-2017, 14:14
Knew I had read something about that Nissan... It's not really supposed to be in that class Found Here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1397528&viewfull=1#post1397528

Also seen plenty of posts saying Formula A are too slow in PC2 but not seen anything official about that one

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 16:27
Hey guys, while we are waiting for Drizzit the Formula A and Renault are fun here. I think one of you could take out the Formula X WR here with the A.

My name is not “one of you” hehe, at no point did I feel completely in control while doing my lap. I really am no good with open wheel cars.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 16:29
Knew I had read something about that Nissan... It's not really supposed to be in that class Found Here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1397528&viewfull=1#post1397528

Also seen plenty of posts saying Formula A are too slow in PC2 but not seen anything official about that one

Only found out now I can increase boost from 50 to 100% in the Nissan, does make a difference :)

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 16:31
Not bashing but that Audi is faster than the Formula A at some tracks so what is up with that? The Audi runs Spa at 1:55.284 and Formula 1 at 1:47.197 in 2015 in real life. So the Formula A in game is way too slow and the Audi way too fast and the GTP ZX-Turbo is ridiculous in it's own right but mostly slower than the Audi.

One should drive the Audi in cockpit view, adds a whole new dimension lol, probably the car with the worst visibility in the game, well the 300 ZX is vying for that crown also.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 16:37
My name is not “one of you” hehe, at no point did I feel completely in control while doing my lap. I really am no good with open wheel cars.

Sorry, ONE of you.;) I guess that extra 8 tenths is a big ask. I can't drive them either, probably too tall and my helmet is I s disturbing the highly balanced airflow over the rear wing.

Ravager619
31-10-2017, 16:42
My knee is having a "bad" day today, but I'm stuck at home during my vacation waiting for two packages to arrive from work. So... I need something to do to pass the time. :rolleyes:

I may have something to post from Daytona RC later today. Thanks for the kinds words, everyone. I really like doing this testing. Until now, I really only knew the basics of tuning a car. I don't consider myself an expert, but it's been a lot of fun trying different things and learning how they change a car's handling.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 16:44
Only found out now I can increase boost from 50 to 100% in the Nissan, does make a difference :)

Really? 50% more power for you to beat ME by 0.010?:rolleyes: You were supposed to try for the Audi.:D That Audi is 3 seconds faster than the Audi in PC1, somehow it picked up an additional 100 +horsepower, good grief.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 16:49
My knee is having a "bad" day today, but I'm stuck at home during my vacation waiting for two packages to arrive from work. So... I need something to do to pass the time. :rolleyes:

I may have something to post from Daytona RC later today. Thanks for the kinds words, everyone. I really like doing this testing. Until now, I really only knew the basics of tuning a car. I don't consider myself an expert, but it's been a lot of fun trying different things and learning how they change a car's handling.

I hope your knee gets better, it's just too tempting to get back in the game instead of letting your knee rest isn't it. I shouldn't be playing either but as much as I try I end up making the runs anyway. The swelling doesn't go down in my hand and my wife demands to look at it in order to scold me, again.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 17:01
Sorry, ONE of you.;) I guess that extra 8 tenths is a big ask. I can't drive them either, probably too tall and my helmet is I s disturbing the highly balanced airflow over the rear wing.

Well I just meant I do not belong to the group who can, am sure there are lots who can.

I think my team is sabotaging me :) I would not put it past them, they just did not give me the new spec engine. I don’t wear a helmet either, just a tinfoil hat.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 17:05
Really? 50% more power for you to beat ME by 0.010?:rolleyes: You were supposed to try for the Audi.:D That Audi is 3 seconds faster than the Audi in PC1, somehow it picked up an additional 100 +horsepower, good grief.

Tututut, faster is faster ;) I can’t drive the audi properly unless I drop out of cockpit view.

Edit: it’s not 50 % more power either hehe, just boost. I wish it was 50% more power.
Edit 2: Manually shifted.
Edit 3: I need excuses lol

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 17:08
One should drive the Audi in cockpit view, adds a whole new dimension lol, probably the car with the worst visibility in the game, well the 300 ZX is vying for that crown also.

The Audi has the worst visibility of any car in the game hands down, but the TS040 isn't far behind.

By the way is did that lap with the Silverstone GP setup i've been working on. I didn't change it at all for that run, I also did a run with the Toyota and it was only a tenth or 2 slower.

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 17:24

The pole time for the Belgian GP irl in 2014 (the year of the Audi car in game) was 2:05.591 for Rosberg in the Merc. The pole time for the WEC was 2:00.334 in the Jani/Dumas/Lieb Porsche. And the lead Audi had a time of 2:02.023, and in WEC the qually time is the average of 2 drivers. And lastly the P1 cars usually run Le Mans aero kit at Spa to test for Le Mans compromising the car for Spa.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 17:27
The Audi has the worst visibility of any car in the game hands down, but the TS040 isn't far behind.

By the way is did that lap with the Silverstone GP setup i've been working on. I didn't change it at all for that run, I also did a run with the Toyota and it was only a tenth or 2 slower.

Yeah that's why I asked you how low you could go with that Audi, didn't want to try hitting a moving target.:D The Toyota made the transfer to PC2 reasonably. At Spa the Toyota time is good and the Audi is 3 seconds faster. If you set up the Audi for COTA the gap would increase. They are going to fix the SMS LMP1's so maybe they can address the Audi when they patch the rest or just make the others faster. It's tough to come up with 193 cars and have them well balanced at the start.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 17:29
The pole time for the Belgian GP irl in 2014 (the year of the Audi car in game) was 2:05.591 for Rosberg in the Merc. The pole time for the WEC was 2:00.334 in the Jani/Dumas/Lieb Porsche. And the lead Audi had a time of 2:02.023, and in WEC the qually time is the average of 2 drivers. And lastly the P1 cars usually run Le Mans aero kit at Spa to test for Le Mans compromising the car for Spa.

Yeah 2014 was rainy, the cars are slower in the rain, 2015 was dry.

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 17:34
Yeah 2014 was rainy, the cars are slower in the rain, 2015 was dry.

I missed that you are right the fastest race lap was a ~1.50:5

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 17:38
I missed that you are right the fastest race lap was a ~1.50:5

Yeah Hamilton was flying this year with the new wide tires a 1:42.553. I like the looks of the cars with the wider tires, I don't care for the T wings which are gone next year thankfully.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 17:39

Reckon it was wet for the F1s though, must have been, because as fast as they are, F1 cars still murder them quite easily.

edit: missed the previous posts while writing mine.

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 17:42
Yeah that's why I asked you how low you could go with that Audi, didn't want to try hitting a moving target.:D The Toyota made the transfer to PC2 reasonably. At Spa the Toyota time is good and the Audi is 3 seconds faster. If you set up the Audi for COTA the gap would increase. They are going to fix the SMS LMP1's so maybe they can address the Audi when they patch the rest or just make the others faster. It's tough to come up with 193 cars and have them well balanced at the start.

That may have something to do with the Aero package on the car in the game. At Le Mans the Toyota is ~3 seconds faster than the Audi, ~3.11 in the Toyota to ~3.14 in the Audi. The Audi is faster at every other track. And i don't really care if they work on the 2014 P1s as long as when the 3 cars from 2016 are released they are closely matched.

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 17:49
Reckon it was wet for the F1s though, must have been, because as fast as they are, F1 cars still murder them quite easily.

edit: missed the previous posts while writing mine.

Yeah its mostly down to weight P1 cars weigh 270kg (~600lbs) more than F1 cars, and tires that P1 use that last 3-4 stints (2-3 hours)

Ravager619
31-10-2017, 17:57
I tried giving TT a go today. It's for the best that I rest today. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another go.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 18:29
Yeah its mostly down to weight P1 cars weigh 270kg (~600lbs) more than F1 cars, and tires that P1 use that last 3-4 stints (2-3 hours)

Yep, downforce too I reckon, at least I heard Webber blabbing on about that in 2016 if i remember right. Very different cars to drive anyway, can’t drive either of them properly.

I’m happiest in old cars it seems, or at least cars that like to slide a little bit to be fast. Prototypes and open wheel (except for the older ones) do not go very fast when sliding them ;)

WvAllwheelDrive
31-10-2017, 18:40
Yep, downforce too I reckon, at least I heard Webber blabbing on about that in 2016 if i remember right. Very different cars to drive anyway, can’t drive either of them properly.

I’m happiest in old cars it seems, or at least cars that like to slide a little bit to be fast. Prototypes and open wheel (except for the older ones) do not go very fast when sliding them ;)

Yeah the Prototypes like to be driven in a straight line and you have to decide when to use hybrid using the throttle and using lift and coast to save fuel(is driving them realistically).

My favorites are GT3s and LMP900 cars.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 18:47
Well while we are here talking Lukas was making runs, holy s*** Lukas I thought you were just going to take 2nd.

Sloskimo
31-10-2017, 19:09
Well while we are here talking Lukas was making runs, holy s*** Lukas I thought you were just going to take 2nd.

Running without any aids too, hats off.

JordanMcGonigal
31-10-2017, 22:33

Could I get the setup for the Lambo please? That is a fast time.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 00:42
Well I'll be, Xiamoto must have come back to Road America to run some tuned setups.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 00:58

Don't think they are finished Jordan. Do you want wheel or gamepad, I can post a setup in the Setups for consoles thread so in the future please put your requests in there.

lukas2121
01-11-2017, 01:28

I believe the setup for my .359 (on gamepad) was the SMS Loose set up but with 7 'clicks' less camber front and rear, and the brake ducts set to 45/40%. That seems to be a rough guide on how I set up GT cars on first attempt but I know some racers like to run more camber than me. I'm going to try Road America again tomorrow though, nice times by cpcdem and Xiamoto, 3 of us within a tenth and then a 2.5 second gap to 4th :cool:

--

I've taken 2nd place on the open-wheel class leaderboard at COTA Club, not with the Formula A (horrible car IMO) but one of the Indycars which are lovely to drive in this game. Unfortunately I don't think the car is good enough, at least in my hands, to take 1st place in class but maybe worth a try for those who dislike the Formula A.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 01:47
I believe the setup for my .359 (on gamepad) was the SMS Loose set up but with 7 'clicks' less camber front and rear, and the brake ducts set to 45/40%. That seems to be a rough guide on how I set up GT cars on first attempt but I know some racers like to run more camber than me. I'm going to try Road America again tomorrow though, nice times by cpcdem and Xiamoto, 3 of us within a tenth and then a 2.5 second gap to 4th :cool:

--

I've taken 2nd place on the open-wheel class leaderboard at COTA Club, not with the Formula A (horrible car IMO) but one of the Indycars which are lovely to drive in this game. Unfortunately I don't think the car is good enough, at least in my hands, to take 1st place in class but maybe worth a try for those who dislike the Formula A.

Hi lukas, yes you guys are doing great, 3 aliens pushing each other and moving a car to reach it's potential. No worries about the Formula X record, I don't like the Formula A either. I'll give the Dallara a try, hadn't run it yet.

link to Xiamoto's web site if you didn't already know. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xiamoto-gt6-tunes.303980/ I think it might be the same person.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 02:23
Well it's no longer 3 aliens within a tenth. Do you ever sleep?

drizzit
01-11-2017, 08:34
Wow, great going cpcdem and lukas, keep it up!

cpcdem
01-11-2017, 09:01
Well, I can't sleep knowing that I can make this lap time, but just don't because I mess up some corners :)
That's the fastest I can go though, maybe I could only gain a further 2-3 tenths. Will be very difficult for me to further improve on this time.

JordanMcGonigal
01-11-2017, 09:09
Don't think they are finished Jordan. Do you want wheel or gamepad, I can post a setup in the Setups for consoles thread so in the future please put your requests in there.

Wheel please and no problem :)