PDA

View Full Version : Lost all FFB on Thrustmaster TX- (Info only and my Fix inside)

Juiced46
25-10-2017, 02:13
I want to start off with that this post is just intended for information purposes for other people that may run into this issue. I am not here complaining.

I have been using a Thrustmaster TX since Day 1 of release with zero issues. Post patch, still have been running fine with no issues.

Tonight I played about 1.5hrs of Private Testing using various cars and tracks and was also tweaking some camera settings. Lastly I was tweaking wheel settings. Started out with Raw which I have been using since release. Went to informative for a bit, decided I didnt like it, then eventually back to my old Raw settings. Played for about 30 mins after I was done making changes, no issues.

Jumped into my offline career with Sports Car Lites. Go to the pit screen prior to Qualifying (I have practice disabled), I loaded a Stable setup and made some custom tweaks and saved the settings because it was raining.

Got out on to the track and NO FFB at all, the wheel was totally limp. Went back to the pit screen, loaded a default setup to see if it was that. Got back on the track, NO FFB again.

Exited career. Went back to Private testing(since it was working fine there), still NO FFB. I paused the game, went back to the Pit screen. Unplugged my wheel for a few seconds. Plugged it back in. FFB was fully restored. I did not have to restart the Xbox or the game to fix it. Hopped back into my career, FFB worked flawless until I was done for the night.

Xbox One S
Game installed on external HD
Digital download

Figured I would post this up if anyone ever runs into an issue like this. A quick power down of the wheel quick may fix it.

Ball325
25-10-2017, 02:19
I want to start off with that this post is just intended for information purposes for other people that may run into this issue. I am not here complaining.

I have been using a Thrustmaster TX since Day 1 of release with zero issues. Post patch, still have been running fine with no issues.

Tonight I played about 1.5hrs of Private Testing using various cars and tracks and was also tweaking some camera settings. Lastly I was tweaking wheel settings. Started out with Raw which I have been using since release. Went to informative for a bit, decided I didnt like it, then eventually back to my old Raw settings. Played for about 30 mins after I was done making changes, no issues.

Jumped into my offline career with Sports Car Lites. Go to the pit screen prior to Qualifying (I have practice disabled), I loaded a Stable setup and made some custom tweaks and saved the settings because it was raining.

Got out on to the track and NO FFB at all, the wheel was totally limp. Went back to the pit screen, loaded a default setup to see if it was that. Got back on the track, NO FFB again.

Exited career. Went back to Private testing(since it was working fine there), still NO FFB. I paused the game, went back to the Pit screen. Unplugged my wheel for a few seconds. Plugged it back in. FFB was fully restored. I did not have to restart the Xbox or the game to fix it. Hopped back into my career, FFB worked flawless until I was done for the night.

Xbox One S
Digital download

Figured I would post this up if anyone ever runs into an issue like this. A quick power down of the wheel quick may fix it.

Same issue except I was on v50? i guess. kept loosing all FFB, so I updated hoping that would fix it and it made the wheel feel like a limp noodle. Hard reset, checked firmware again. everything is good. it's just awful now. like, parked till someone updates their product awful.

Juiced46
25-10-2017, 02:24
Same issue except I was on v50? i guess. kept loosing all FFB, so I updated hoping that would fix it and it made the wheel feel like a limp noodle. Hard reset, checked firmware again. everything is good. it's just awful now. like, parked till someone updates their product awful.

My issue is different then yours. You said you are losing FFB in mid corner. I had NO FFB at all, ever.

Ball325
25-10-2017, 02:27
My issue is different then yours. You said you are losing FFB in mid corner. I had NO FFB at all, ever.

No what prompted me to update was the issue you were experiencing and it was becoming more and more frequent. The no FFB car feels like its on ice made me say, ok lets try updating the firmware. So I borrowed a laptop from work (I only have mac) and ruined it.

TKMSte66
25-10-2017, 10:21

Xbox One S
Digital download

I'm amazed you have only just had this. This happens to me quite a lot. Usually at the start of an online league race...gggrrrr. Then its too late to unplug and plug back in. Its VERY annoying and is a bug which has carried over from the first game.

Juiced46
25-10-2017, 23:09
I'm amazed you have only just had this. This happens to me quite a lot. Usually at the start of an online league race...gggrrrr. Then its too late to unplug and plug back in. Its VERY annoying and is a bug which has carried over from the first game.

That is interesting, I did not have any issues at all with PC1. And like I said, this is the first time since release that I have had any issue. I have reads countless posts with people having all sorts of issues. I guess I am a lucky one. I think there are more factors that come into play that are causing these bugs then just the wheel and game itself. Like what system its being played on, a regular one or S, is it a disc or download, is it on an external drive, are any background apps running, what options are enabled or disabled in game etc etc.

DJ ALKOHOLIK
26-10-2017, 00:51
I have this problem and so do a lot of my friends it’s happened since p cars 1 like you said turn off your wheel then back on again set your dor and sensitivity and away you go