PDA

View Full Version : Time trial mode

Morgan13
25-10-2017, 10:49
Hi, it's possible to add in the next patch on PS4, the ranking by car and not only by category in time trial please ?

Siberian Tiger
25-10-2017, 10:51
Nope, sadly not possible...

Limitation of max Leaderboards allowed by Sony/MS. Sad Thing :( Sorry

RoccoTTS
25-10-2017, 10:52
This question is already answered so many times and the answer is NO due to limitations set by Sony and Microsoft.

edit : Ninja'd

IceShaft
25-10-2017, 11:42
But is it possible at least to have it "per class"? The button is there but it doesn't work

Morgan13
25-10-2017, 15:33

Ok... thx :-(

Sickboy
02-11-2017, 11:43
Having all the gt cars mixed together sucks. Surely we could filter the tables. Having to trawl through gt1 times to see gt3 times is rubbish. I actually counted how many gt3 cars were faster than me (loads) and it took me a couple of minutes when it should be a couple of seconds. It is possible to have all the cars on one table and filter per car or class or group for each track isn't it. You could have a leaderboard for each track and allow us to select what we want to see.

Roger Prynne
02-11-2017, 11:54
It's got something to do with the limitation of the consoles apparently.

DozUK
02-11-2017, 16:06

Having thought about this a lot, I don't really buy that reason. The op was asking for a filter of a leaderboard, not to adding more to a leaderboard or spliting into more tables. All the data is there, it's just a filter. There is no further overhead needed.

For example, on a board containing (Lets say) 100 times consisting of 50 formula x times, 20 formula renault times and 30 formula rookie times we currently get all data back. Filtering this for Rookie (which is what the op asked for: car ranking on a track) would query all 100 but just bring back the 30 Rookie times. If anything this would be speedier as you still have to query all records for the full leaderboard to see what's applicable to the class/track combo. With this, you bring less data back as you're filtering it further.

If memory serves me right, there is even an R2 filter section present on the screen. Vehicle just needs adding to this.

This issue also effects the ghost on time trial. On ps4 the vehicle ghost offered may not be the same vehicle as your driving, however this works as it should on PC. For instance I've been offered a formula x ghost as both worlds record and the vehicle ghost when driving a rookie which is madness. On the PC the vehicle ghost is the Rookie which is what it should be.

Kembro45
02-11-2017, 20:51
Surely it could be filtered into classes. Annoying trying to find times.

Sickboy
05-11-2017, 13:22
I can't post a gt3 time because I have a faster gt1 time. Why bother playing this game anymore? It's pointless for me to do timetrials!

DozUK
07-11-2017, 08:58
I can't post a gt3 time because I have a faster gt1 time. Why bother playing this game anymore? It's pointless for me to do timetrials!

I totally agree, it was the same for pcars1 and I brought it up then. There is no excuse as the vehicle is stored in the Time trial DB, it appears that User Name is the primary key rather than User Name, Vehicle

dQUIM
07-11-2017, 12:44
This isn't a problem that's specific to Project Cars 2, it's the same on F1 2017 - all the classic cars share a leaderboard, so you have 00's cars on the same LB as 80's cars. The reason is the same as the one already mentioned; there's a limit on the number of leaderboards you can have on console.

Loopdreams
07-11-2017, 12:50
Is that a hard limit or something that is the subject of negotiations between platforms owners and developers? It just seems incredibly strange and arbitrary.

inthebagbud
07-11-2017, 13:07
This was discussed at length in pcars 1 and you will not see any change for consoles as it is a restriction from sony/Microsoft on the number of tables that their servers support

This is a link to post from pcars 1http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44687-Time-Trial-is-VERY-limited-on-PS4 ....

DozUK
07-11-2017, 15:47
This isn't a problem that's specific to Project Cars 2, it's the same on F1 2017 - all the classic cars share a leaderboard, so you have 00's cars on the same LB as 80's cars. The reason is the same as the one already mentioned; there's a limit on the number of leaderboards you can have on console.

I would imagine there is only one leaderboard (One DB holding all times), and every screen you see is that DB being filtered by class of car your are driving and by track.

Currently a driver can only have one record stored in the DB by class by track, hence the issue (The fastest time you set in that class is written to the DB, overwriting the slower one whatever the vehicle the slower time was set using as only one time per class/tack and driver is allowed).

I mentioned before by storing a time for a vehicle per driver profile would solve this although the record count in the DB would go up, however the extra DB space overhead for this I wouldn't 'expect' to be considerable (Im a DBA, so I'm saying this this based on experience rather than a guess) but who knows what Sony's restrictions are in these matters? Although Driveclub manages to hold times per driver profile by car by track but also further categorises them by class/type (Allowing you to view multiple times per driver in the hatch category if you set them in different cars for example).

Sickboy
17-11-2017, 00:25
This sucks. I love the Laguna Seca track driving gt3's. I can do a 1:23.1 in the M6 GT3; that's the 2nd fastest for the M6 and its in the top 15 for GT3 (I think, its hard to tell with the current leaderboards). Its not recorded because I messed about and posted a faster time in a GT1.

If we can only have one time per group and track then I want the option to delete a record so I can set a slower one. It sounds stupid but with this limited leaderboard I would be able to post what times I want instead of the fastest.

Sickboy
20-11-2017, 23:51
I bet Grand Turismo Sport has a wicked leaderboard :wink-new:

Sickboy
21-11-2017, 00:10
How about doing the leaderboards by car, class and track and when it is full start bumping slower times? If you are not fast enough to get on the leaderboard it gives you something to aim for.