PDA

View Full Version : Some practice laps with my new T150 wheel

kierownik
25-10-2017, 14:14
I'm still learning so don't be too critical.
Playing with the wheel feels a lot better than the controller. However... I think that the game is trying to be realistic a bit too hard and it comes out completely oposite at the times.
I still love it :)

Car on default setup as I'm not good at tweaking at all :(

Any advices how I could improve will be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oIYgCySdqM

hkraft300
25-10-2017, 14:28
Adjust the brake sensitivity and/or reduce the brake pressure. GT3 cars lock the brakes really easily and you're doing it a lot.

Also it's good to try sit close to the screen but I feel your legs are cramped. If you sit away from the pedals a little, it might give you better control of the throttle and brake.

odemode
25-10-2017, 16:25
Get off that hud cam and get in the cockpit. I used to always use hud but after being inside for a few months I can't see me going back.

Roger Prynne
25-10-2017, 17:33
Get off that hud cam and get in the cockpit. I used to always use hud but after being inside for a few months I can't see me going back.

I think you mean 'Hood'

Anyway...pratice, practice, practice and then practice some more :D

Ravager619
27-10-2017, 16:54
I have a T150 myself. I really like the wheel. The pedals are another matter. I have the Break Deadzone set at 15 and Sensitivity at 25. It's okay but I'm still trying to find the right feel for it.

kierownik
27-10-2017, 17:29
I have a T150 myself. I really like the wheel. The pedals are another matter. I have the Break Deadzone set at 15 and Sensitivity at 25. It's okay but I'm still trying to find the right feel for it.

Yeah, I love the wheel and the FFB. It makes this game a completely different experience. However the pedals, like you say, takes some time to get that right feel and I'm too still trying to find one

Ravager619
28-10-2017, 00:39
Yeah, I love the wheel and the FFB. It makes this game a completely different experience. However the pedals, like you say, takes some time to get that right feel and I'm too still trying to find one

The good news is the T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter are compatible withe the T150. I don't want a new wheel yet, but those might be great upgrade options at some point.

Ian Bell
28-10-2017, 02:11
I'm still learning so don't be too critical.
Playing with the wheel feels a lot better than the controller. However... I think that the game is trying to be realistic a bit too hard and it comes out completely oposite at the times.
I still love it :)

Car on default setup as I'm not good at tweaking at all :(

Any advices how I could improve will be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oIYgCySdqM

I assure you we're trying just hard enough to be realistic.

At 2.31 you cut the inner grass too much, pushing you wide on exit to the less grippy stuff and the response is exactly as I'd expect as you kept the throttle in...

At 4.21 you floored it with two wheels on the grass. The response is as expected.

At 5.23 you went in way too hot the the corner and ran wide, again, as expected.

At 5.52 you gave no respect to the inner kerbs with steering lock on and overcorrected when the car responded as would be expected.

LockeChris
28-10-2017, 08:21
At 2.31 you cut the inner grass too much, pushing you wide on exit to the less grippy stuff and the response is exactly as I'd expect as you kept the throttle in...

At 4.21 you floored it with two wheels on the grass. The response is as expected.

At 5.23 you went in way too hot the the corner and ran wide, again, as expected.

At 5.52 you gave no respect to the inner kerbs with steering lock on and overcorrected when the car responded as would be expected.

:p;) Sorry, couldn't resist! Just kidding :)

kierownik
28-10-2017, 20:53
I assure you we're trying just hard enough to be realistic.

Thanks for some constructive avdvices. Like I said, I'm still learning and getting used to the wheel and this will definitely help a lot.

Martini Da Gasalini
03-11-2017, 21:09
Yep def a bit of a learning curve coming from controller to wheel, it will come to you with seat time in no time, you have unlearn what you learned with controller.
Most importantly is knowing the track, tracks are like a woman, you must know all her curves well and know how to navigate and caress them, and when you do you'll get the payoff ;)

kierownik
04-11-2017, 15:41
Yep def a bit of a learning curve coming from controller to wheel, it will come to you with seat time in no time, you have unlearn what you learned with controller.
Most importantly is knowing the track, tracks are like a woman, you must know all her curves well and know how to navigate and caress them, and when you do you'll get the payoff ;)

Well said mate, well said!

tutoo
14-11-2017, 03:20