PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Huracan ... slowwwwwww ?!

DesmoPT
25-10-2017, 17:48
Hi guys,

Been trying diferent GT3 cars over diferent tracks using default setups.
I was shocked how slow the Lambo is when compared with the 488 (for example at Red Bull Ring).

Can any of you that have a crush for the Lambo share some lights about this car? Setups? Tips? Anything ... anything that makes this car faster.

Just an example: i can make easily 1:31īs with the 488 and with the Lambo i can barely get 32īs (always with stock setup)

A big thank you!!

cpcdem
25-10-2017, 17:53
I don't think much can be done, because this car is naturally aspirated and such cars have a disadvantage over turbo cars at tracks in altitude, like the Red Bull Ring. Maybe this effect will be toned down in an update, I think it is needed.

Jaood
25-10-2017, 17:59
Maybe this effect will be toned down in an update, I think it is needed.
If the effect is realistic it should stay and it could be balanced by giving the naturals equaly more air intake to balance the power loss. All this bop stuff is a nightmare though dont see an easy fix coming.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 18:23
With cpcdem driving default his Ferrari time at Silverstone National is 54.140 and his Huracan is 54.458. His Bentley is 54.200 and ATS V is 54.245 so yeah it is slower than some of the other cars but faster than others. The only car way off is the Vantage at 55.424 and that is a known problem. I assume he used default loose in his testing. So it is car/track/driver dependent and you can always select another car.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 18:36
With cpcdem driving default his Ferrari time at Silverstone National is 54.140 and his Huracan is 54.458. His Bentley is 54.200 and ATS V is 54.245 so yeah it is slower than some of the other cars but faster than others. The only car way off is the Vantage at 55.424 and that is a known problem. I assume he used default loose in his testing. So it is car/track/driver dependent and you can always select another car.

On PC the quickest default Ferrari is 1:28.298 and Huracan is 1:31.099.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=1464988033

DesmoPT
25-10-2017, 20:14
On PC the quickest default Ferrari is 1:28.298 and Huracan is 1:31.099.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1952936927&vehicle=1464988033

3 seconds is a lot for cars in the same class on a very short track like Austria. Wish the GT3 class was a bit more balanced. Love the sound of the Huracan :)

Jussi Karjalainen
25-10-2017, 20:51
Kinda weird because I always found the Huracan to be absolutely blisteringly quick. I'm sure that it can go around quicker than the 1:31 time it currently has.

Regardless we have been following the situation and testing, and BoPping work has been done. The field should get closer overall and NA cars should enjoy more of an advantage at low altitudes to compensate them being disadvantaged at higher altitudes.

blinkngone
25-10-2017, 21:26
3 seconds is a lot for cars in the same class on a very short track like Austria. Wish the GT3 class was a bit more balanced. Love the sound of the Huracan :)

Maybe the cars are better balanced than the drivers.:D

wcujer80
25-10-2017, 23:57
Hi guys,

I was shocked how slow the Lambo is when compared with the 488 (for example at Red Bull Ring).

Can any of you that have a crush for the Lambo share some lights about this car? Setups? Tips? Anything ... anything that makes this car faster.

Just an example: i can make easily 1:31īs with the 488 and with the Lambo i can barely get 32īs (always with stock setup)

A big thank you!!

I was messing with RBR the last few days and tonight I started trying different cars there in their stock loose set-up. The Audi, Lambo, and Porsche I have clustered around 1:33.4 (give or take .1) after a few laps in each. I know that I can get each of those into the mid to high 1:32's once I get more laps at the track and figure out the brake and throttle points in the GT3's and a better line or two. My first lap with the 488 was a 1:32.7. Whether it is the set-up, the car, or something that shouldn't be happening I find that the 488 is just the easiest car to push and it won't punish you for it. It seems less prone to understeer, less prone to power oversteer, brakes easier, and when you do something really stupid it still seems to gather itself back up. Though I will say that in real life it seems that several amateur race series (and pro-am series) that use the 488 GT3 seems to be dominated by them. But once you get to the pro class using the same cars they no longer have an edge.

DesmoPT
26-10-2017, 07:15
Maybe the cars are better balanced than the drivers.:D

Fair enough comment ... have you tested both cars on RedBullRing? Use default setup on both cars do 10 laps with each and then tell me what you think...

Nobody has tips on a good base setup for the Lambo??

Cheers

hkraft300
26-10-2017, 07:52
I don't agree that comparing on default setups is a good test of the cars' abilities.

wesker6664
26-10-2017, 08:11
Kinda weird because I always found the Huracan to be absolutely blisteringly quick. I'm sure that it can go around quicker than the 1:31 time it currently has.

Regardless we have been following the situation and testing, and BoPping work has been done. The field should get closer overall and NA cars should enjoy more of an advantage at low altitudes to compensate them being disadvantaged at higher altitudes.
Hey Jussi, wouldn't it be simpler to tone down a bit the effect (power vs altitude) ?

Sloskimo
26-10-2017, 08:28
I don't agree that comparing on default setups is a good test of the cars' abilities.

I agree it probably is not, but some cars will just be faster at some tracks than others. best way would probably be to get aliens to drive around with custom setups and get a median on times and the differences.

Problem then is, what do you make the default setup? People will come on here saying the car is undrivable, rveerting back to somewhat stable setups will make people come on here saying X car is wayyy faster than the other. Unless it’s very clear like the Cayman and 488 GT3 being too fast, and the Aston GT3 being slow, you’re gonna get stuck in a huge back and forth.

When people’s favorite GT3 suddenly becomes slower, there will be hell to pay ;p

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 08:29

But if I understand correctly, this will mean that in the RBR the top 5 in every race will still all be Ferraris and what will change is that in another track none of the top 5 will be a Ferrari, making races even more unbalanced than they are now (bringing the lack of balance also to low altitude tracks). If that's the case then I think it's not good, BoP is about making cars balanced on each track. Or did I did not understand you correctly and in fact you are actually doing more BoP than that, so cars will be indeed more balanced in every track? Apologies if I got that wrong!

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 10:31
Fair enough comment ... have you tested both cars on RedBullRing? Use default setup on both cars do 10 laps with each and then tell me what you think...

Nobody has tips on a good base setup for the Lambo??

Cheers

Sorry, Desmo, I was just kidding. I don't know what the issue is with the Huracan, people seem to have problems with it at many tracks. I still drive it often, not very well.:(

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 10:44
Hi Desmo, SEL's set up at RBR. Just a quick look at his set up he has reduced camber which is going to give him some more speed on the straight sections, but mostly I would describe it as even more loose. With the Huracan I have problems with turn in being slow(for me) so I increase the front slow bump 2 or 3 clicks, rebound 1 click. Then go to rear if necessary.
The difference between loose and stable at this track is 1 click increase for downforce for stable and increased power ramp angle. The rear springs seem stiff to me but without driving RBR I don't know, so you can look at these and test.

DesmoPT
26-10-2017, 11:27
Thanks mate! Will definitely try it ... as we speak itīs the only setup apart from the default i can try :)

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 12:03
Thanks mate! Will definitely try it ... as we speak itīs the only setup apart from the default i can try :)

Ok, Desmo, if you need setups to look at there is a thread in the Garage where you can request setup pictures.

tommysalami
26-10-2017, 15:51
But if I understand correctly, this will mean that in the RBR the top 5 in every race will still all be Ferraris and what will change is that in another track none of the top 5 will be a Ferrari, making races even more unbalanced than they are now (bringing the lack of balance also to low altitude tracks). If that's the case then I think it's not good, BoP is about making cars balanced on each track. Or did I did not understand you correctly and in fact you are actually doing more BoP than that, so cars will be indeed more balanced in every track? Apologies if I got that wrong!

I think he is saying more BOP adjustments have been made than just that.

Also is there a place for us to see track altitude?

RomKnight
26-10-2017, 15:58
I recall a Road America race online. That that SLS is QUICK... in a straight line and that's it.

Was a nice and fair race albeit quite frustrating for me because RA has long straights so... Still, couldn't get more real that that if I compare it to a race in Blancpain series at Paul Ricard HTTT circuit...

That Nissan was just flying by everyone :D... and getting caught on the twisty bits ofc. And when it took drafting it was plain ridiculous!

Anyway, the Ferrari advantage anywhere is more than discussed and as Jussi points out, BoPing is being taken care of.

Bealdor
26-10-2017, 16:01
Hey Jussi, wouldn't it be simpler to tone down a bit the effect (power vs altitude) ?

The issue is that this effect can be calculated quite easily and doesn't need to be estimated.
Toning it down would mean that one could instantly tell that the effect was unrealistically implemented.

Google Earth ;)

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 17:02
The issue is that this effect can be calculated quite easily and doesn't need to be estimated.
Toning it down would mean that one could instantly tell that the effect was unrealistically implemented.

OK, but now natural aspirated engines will be given more boost in low altitude in order to give them as counter balance, is that realistic? If yes, was it not realistically implemented before? You see where I am going with this :)
In my opinion, it's not a bad thing toning down some things, it helps a lot to have a more balanced field and avoids exploits. For example fuel, carrying 150 kgr does not really make a very big difference than carrying 10 kgr and I think it's fine like that.

Btw, regarding track altitude, there was a post some weeks ago from a guy that calculated it for most tracks and posted a spreadsheet! If I could find that post..

ApexSight
26-10-2017, 17:07

Yes, right here : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54222-Altitude-of-each-tracks&p=1381604&viewfull=1#post1381604

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 17:14
Yes, right here : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54222-Altitude-of-each-tracks&p=1381604&viewfull=1#post1381604

Thanks so much ApexSight! It's in my favorites now!

hkraft300
26-10-2017, 22:30
OK, but now natural aspirated engines will be given more boost in low altitude in order to give them as counter balance, is that realistic?

It's not like gran turismo slap a magic bigger turbo in the car and go fast.

There are ways, eg open the restrictors for a bit more power.
Drop some ride height for better Aero...
Adjust final drive to a different one the car may have used in real life...

cpcdem
26-10-2017, 23:14

I did some runs with default setup, managed a 31.8 with the lambo. There's some more potential left (for my skill I mean, not for aliens :) ), still with default, but I am very easily messing up in the 2 slow right corners (2nd and 3rd), the car becomes very unstable there after braking.
One quick tip I have, is turn off traction control, it does not help much anyway in this car/track and it loses a lot of speed when going over the kerbs. I also brought the brake bias a couple clicks to the front, to make it a bit more stable under braking.

Will do some tests with custom setups now. Will try just a larger value for TC instead of completely turning it off and will try to get rid of the snap oversteer after braking in the slow corners. I will give you more tips, if I have any success :). But yeah, no way at all to match the ferrari lap times in this track..

btw, what are your sector times? Just to check where you are faster/slower than me.

blinkngone
26-10-2017, 23:37
As usual cpcdem you are very good. The M6 looks best at this track compared to the 488.

cpcdem
27-10-2017, 00:09
The M6 looks best at this track compared to the 488.

Agreed, I had done some time ago a 1.29.9 in the M6 with little effort and basically with default setup (with the Ferrari I did a 29.3, but with much more effort). With a better setup, I think the M6 can be faster than the 488 in the Red Bull Ring. The thing with the Red Bull Ring is that a lot of aliens used the Ferrari in it lately, because there was an eSports race in it, so there are a lot of great TT times in it, as they used it for practice. If those guys logged some times with the other turbo cars as well, I think the times would have been a lot closer.

About the Lambo, it's a success! Simply setting the Engine Braking value to 8 completely got rid of the snap oversteer problem in slow turns. I also closed the radiator, put brake pressure to 100% and traction control to 15%, now TC almost never intervenes in that value. Finally, in the diff, I slightly lowered Power to 35 deg and increased Coast to 35 deg again for better turn in, increased Preload to 150 for more stability and the car was already a lot faster, got the current record for this combo, without touching absolutely anything else in the setup. And it was very far from a perfect lap!

I think Jussi was right, the Huracan's speed is much better than what the current leaderborads show. In the hands of a better driver and with a further improved setup, it should get much closer to the Ferrari. But not close enough to challenge it in that track, though.

DesmoPT, please try the small setup changes that I mentioned above, do they help you as well? In case you have trouble controlling the car and you are losing it, you can lower the TC value a bit, to 12% maybe and bring back the power/coast diff values to their default ones. Or do the opposite, if it's too easy for you like that. That's why people say you can't really use another person's setup "as is", you need to adjust it to your own driving style..

blinkngone
27-10-2017, 00:55
Congratulations cpcdem, those people you are in front of are not average drivers either.

cpcdem
27-10-2017, 01:39
Congratulations cpcdem, those people you are in front of are not average drivers either.

In that case, they just have not tried enough yet :)
Thanks though!

wesker6664
27-10-2017, 08:45
Yes i can understand that, but speaking of 'realistic' then the cars should be BOPped per track and we know it's not possible at the moment so we can't always stick to reality unfortunately... there are also other effects missing like the influence of fresh air vs hot on NA cars, yet nobody will complain about that... i still believe that slightly toning down the effect of altitude would not hurt, sounds like an easy thing to implement / test. But let's see first what the devs have done with the next patch :D

honespc
27-10-2017, 11:42

Regardless we have been following the situation and testing, and BoPping work has been done. The field should get closer overall and NA cars should enjoy more of an advantage at low altitudes to compensate them being disadvantaged at higher altitudes.Have you guys fixed the downforce issue in the bentley '15 ?, the issue is that the car won't gain top speed and acceleration even with low downforce settings. Haven't tried the '16 model but the same might be happening to it too.

And by the way. I'm never use the Ferrari gt3, but i think you guys could just buff the other cars instead of nerfing the Ferrari, and make all cars appealing, instead of nerfing the ferrari and making it less appealing now.

Don't nerf. Just buff all the cars that require it and make them all interesting and fun to drive. If you nerf the Ferrari you will make it less fun.

And on the Huracan..., yes it is slow like the Bentley, and has some serious off-throttle issues (snap off oversteer). You need to lock the decel. diff big time on this one car.

DesmoPT
27-10-2017, 13:58
Agreed, I had done some time ago a 1.29.9 in the M6 with little effort and basically with default setup (with the Ferrari I did a 29.3, but with much more effort). With a better setup, I think the M6 can be faster than the 488 in the Red Bull Ring. The thing with the Red Bull Ring is that a lot of aliens used the Ferrari in it lately, because there was an eSports race in it, so there are a lot of great TT times in it, as they used it for practice. If those guys logged some times with the other turbo cars as well, I think the times would have been a lot closer.

About the Lambo, it's a success! Simply setting the Engine Braking value to 8 completely got rid of the snap oversteer problem in slow turns. I also closed the radiator, put brake pressure to 100% and traction control to 15%, now TC almost never intervenes in that value. Finally, in the diff, I slightly lowered Power to 35 deg and increased Coast to 35 deg again for better turn in, increased Preload to 150 for more stability and the car was already a lot faster, got the current record for this combo, without touching absolutely anything else in the setup. And it was very far from a perfect lap!

I think Jussi was right, the Huracan's speed is much better than what the current leaderborads show. In the hands of a better driver and with a further improved setup, it should get much closer to the Ferrari. But not close enough to challenge it in that track, though.

DesmoPT, please try the small setup changes that I mentioned above, do they help you as well? In case you have trouble controlling the car and you are losing it, you can lower the TC value a bit, to 12% maybe and bring back the power/coast diff values to their default ones. Or do the opposite, if it's too easy for you like that. That's why people say you can't really use another person's setup "as is", you need to adjust it to your own driving style..

Youīre GOLD man! thanks for the effort ... itīs priceless! Currently iīm at work but first thing iīll do when i get home is to test your inputs.

Thanks mate i am really gratefull for your effort, even if i donīt have the skill to improve just getting your help was a plus for me!

Nyreen
27-10-2017, 20:01
I guess the big question is, if the king is prone to die, long live who ? It takes courage to devote yourself to a BMW :rolleyes: Just kidding, but it's hard to find a more balanced car than the Ferrari. Not talking about performance. Though, the Huracan drives very well, even with stock tuning, at least with my driving style. Very sad that this car can't keep the pace in its category. Are the results way different over a track more suited to NA cars ?

cpcdem
27-10-2017, 21:58
Youīre GOLD man! thanks for the effort ... itīs priceless! Currently iīm at work but first thing iīll do when i get home is to test your inputs.

Thanks mate i am really gratefull for your effort, even if i donīt have the skill to improve just getting your help was a plus for me!

Glad if I could help! Plus, it was a nice learning experience for me, too!

cpcdem
27-10-2017, 22:00
I guess the big question is, if the king is prone to die, long live who ? It takes courage to devote yourself to a BMW :rolleyes: Just kidding, but it's hard to find a more balanced car than the Ferrari. Not talking about performance. Though, the Huracan drives very well, even with stock tuning, at least with my driving style. Very sad that this car can't keep the pace in its category. Are the results way different over a track more suited to NA cars ?

Yeah, they are different, in low altitude tracks I don't think you will see a 2 second gap. Still the Ferrari looks faster, but by a small margin. But people really need to try using the other cars as well in order to have a definitive result, because right now very few are using other cars, compared to the Ferrari..

F2kSel
29-10-2017, 10:35
Although I can set a reasonable lap time around Red Bull I find the first two corners to be an issue.
I can't seem to carry the speed through those two corners my car seems to bog down compared to others, I'm usually half a second down at that point.
Second corner being the worst. I've tried loads of set ups and cars so it has to be a technique issue or lack off.
At some point it seems to click and I become competitive although I don't really know why then after a few laps it sort of goes away again.

cpcdem
29-10-2017, 11:12
Although I can set a reasonable lap time around Red Bull I find the first two corners to be an issue.
I can't seem to carry the speed through those two corners my car seems to bog down compared to others, I'm usually half a second down at that point.
Second corner being the worst. I've tried loads of set ups and cars so it has to be a technique issue or lack off.
At some point it seems to click and I become competitive although I don't really know why then after a few laps it sort of goes away again.

Yeah, I've noticed that, I usually gain much time on you in the first 2 corners, but at the end I lose it all at the last corner :)
For the first corner, I've found that it helps to have a 50/50 brake bias, to give some good turn in. I also slowly start applying throttle before hitting the kerb on the right. Also traction control helps me in that corner, sometimes I have it enabled while cornering and then disable it at the moment I'm on the external kerbs, for better acceleration.
For the second corner, I increase the bias to 53 or 54 for better braking stability. Very tricky to get that corner right, again needs to go on throttle as quickly as possible and I am often using the same TC trick again. I think it is critical to not slow down too much, but instead carry speed while turning, going to the outside as much it is allowed, because it's uphill and accelerating is difficult..

DesmoPT
29-10-2017, 11:34
Yeah, I've noticed that, I usually gain much time on you in the first 2 corners, but at the end I lose it all at the last corner :)
For the first corner, I've found that it helps to have a 50/50 brake bias, to give some good turn in. I also slowly start applying throttle before hitting the kerb on the right. Also traction control helps me in that corner, sometimes I have it enabled while cornering and then disable it at the moment I'm on the external kerbs, for better acceleration.
For the second corner, I increase the bias to 53 or 54 for better braking stability. Very tricky to get that corner right, again needs to go on throttle as quickly as possible and I am often using the same TC trick again. I think it is critical to not slow down too much, but instead carry speed while turning, going to the outside as much it is allowed, because it's uphill and accelerating is difficult..

All that at the same time while racing ?! NOW thatīs a proper challenge :)

Roger Prynne
29-10-2017, 11:38
^ This is the sort of thing that real drivers do.

Nyreen
29-10-2017, 12:41
Today I've driven on many tracks just to see how four cars compare to each other (488, M6, 650S and Huracan). I expected the Ferrari to be quicker than the others. It's true in other people's hands, but I've found myself almost as fast with every car.

I hate to drive the bimmer (that seating position, and the cockpit view...), but it seems a tad faster (0.5sec) on some tracks like Sakitto or Nurb GP. I think it carries a lot more speed through the corners but I can't really tell.

The 650S is a lovely car to drive, but I spin a lot with it. Almost never happens with the Lamborghini.

So, if the Ferrari is nerfed really bad on the next patch, the Huracan may be my next favorite GT3.

(Unless the Vantage demolishes everything)

cpcdem
29-10-2017, 12:52
All that at the same time while racing ?! NOW thatīs a proper challenge :)

I've been lately learning how to do that, but only in the comfort of the time trial mode, where you don't have other things to worry about. I am rarely doing that during races, I'm not yet comfortable enough adjusting settings in the heat of the battle. Working on it though :)

F2kSel
29-10-2017, 23:47
Thanks for the reply cpcdem, I think I may be too old to start playing with buttons mid lap, I struggle to find the light switch.

cpcdem
30-10-2017, 08:27
Thanks for the reply cpcdem, I think I may be too old to start playing with buttons mid lap, I struggle to find the light switch.

You still dropped the lap time 2 tenths though :)
Now I need to see how I can properly take that last turn...

DesmoPT
30-10-2017, 09:00

Guess i have the same problem :) 42 here and i thought i could handle push a lot of buttons at the same time ... NO ... if i start thinking about which button to push iīll be digging potatoes on the first corner...

F2kSel
30-10-2017, 12:31
You still dropped the lap time 2 tenths though :)
Now I need to see how I can properly take that last turn...

I turn in very early and aim my left wheel at the white line so not to get a cut.
If I could hit every corner how I would like I'd hope to get another two tenths but I don't see it being worth the effort.
I also changed your set up and the car feels more stable to me. The main thing was to drop the Anti Roll bars front and back as low as they go,
Then reduced steering ratio to make it turn a bit quicker and a couple of other things that I don't think did anything.

The sad part is I'm usually 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top guys in all sims on an average lap.

cpcdem
30-10-2017, 14:00
Guess i have the same problem :) 42 here and i thought i could handle push a lot of buttons at the same time ... NO ... if i start thinking about which button to push iīll be digging potatoes on the first corner...

It has to be made second nature, if you're thinking about it all the time and it's not gonna work. It also helps assigning buttons that are very easily accessible..
I learned to do that recently, last month actually and still working on it. Trust me, you're not too old for that! (same age here :))

cpcdem
30-10-2017, 14:09
I turn in very early and aim my left wheel at the white line so not to get a cut.
If I could hit every corner how I would like I'd hope to get another two tenths but I don't see it being worth the effort.
I also changed your set up and the car feels more stable to me. The main thing was to drop the Anti Roll bars front and back as low as they go,
Then reduced steering ratio to make it turn a bit quicker and a couple of other things that I don't think did anything.

The sad part is I'm usually 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top guys in all sims on an average lap.

Thanks! I will try your tip with the anti roll bars and wee how it goes. Actually I think it might help, because my main problem in the last turn is that I am having trouble when braking for it, car is not stable there and I'm finding it very hard to point it to the apex as you do.

Edit: Actually I didn't work for me, made the car more understeery and had trouble in the 2 fast left turns. Reverted to my setup, adjusted the diff for a bit more oversteer and suddenly managed a perfect 2nd sector, so...

About the top guys, yeah they are consistent in doing almost TT-like laps one after the other during the race. And in addition they do find another extra second or two in TT mode, which I have no idea how it's possible to gain that. But then again, some months ago I was also about a second slower than what I am now and had no idea also back then how to gain more time, so I am optimistic that with more practice there's always more room for improvement!

Glasnost
30-10-2017, 22:52
Hey guys. I'm really struggling with the lambo around laguna. I just can't get any decent pace out of the car. I've got a league race and have been trying to get a good long run setup with alot of fuel.

Basically
Buckets of understeer. Turn in and mid corner. If i dial that out then i had a weird thing where on corner exit my wheel would go dead for a second or two then i would get feel once i exited the corner.

At low speed corners the car would snap/slide into the apex at low speeds.
I turned "spool" on and disabled the other diff settings. I actually can't drive any car without the spool setting (dont know why..driving style? )

My best is a 1'26.8 in a qualy level fuel load
And lapping low 1'28 to mid 1'27' with heavy fuel loads.
I've been a 488 racer for 70% of my gt3 experience. The lambo is a bit of an adjustment.

Any tips/hits would be appreciated.
Cheers.

hkraft300
30-10-2017, 23:16
Turn off the spool diff.
Use the clutch diff.
Try 30° coast, 50 ramp, 6 clutches (off the top of my head, haven't driven the Huracan :o )

cpcdem
31-10-2017, 01:41
For me it helped A LOT just increasing the value for engine braking (so less engine braking) to at least 8 (from 1).

Glasnost
04-11-2017, 01:12
Turn off the spool diff.
Use the clutch diff.
Try 30° coast, 50 ramp, 6 clutches (off the top of my head, haven't driven the Huracan :o )

Well after about 5hrs of practice I've managed to get my times into the 1'25 around laguna. My pb is 1'24.6 ish. I went from 20th to 4th in the TT leaderboard.
Tried using clutch diff... but yeah not for me. Spool all the way.

Anyone know why I can't drive without spool engaged? I figured it's just a driving style thing.. and diff settings are mostly a personal preference.

fuschs
09-11-2017, 03:08
diff settings are mostly a personal preference.

You said it yourself :p

I only use clutch diff because I know how to set it up properly. All others seem to do weird things
Generally I tend to use 8 engine braking, 60% brake balance, 80 preload. The Lambo is a capable car, but to be really quick you need some setup work.