PDA

View Full Version : Custom liveries on PS4?

Tahlendorf
25-10-2017, 23:56
I were a carpainter in my days (back in times of Grand Prix 4 and rFactor)
In the PC version you can paint your own liveries and put them ingame... NICE

Is it gonna be possible for the PS4 users too?
r have to wait until a pack of liveries is compiled as DLC and download it?

BEST REGARDS

ctzn
26-10-2017, 00:08
Unfortunately, only PC users can add custom liveries. Not possible for console users.

Colburnnn
26-10-2017, 04:08
Any explanation as to why?

Aldo Zampatti
26-10-2017, 04:14
Any explanation as to why?

Normally console manufacturers don't like that things can be saved and modified by the users. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it might

TomWeaponX
26-10-2017, 21:55
Fallout 4 can be modded on Xone and PS4. So, the doors don't seem really closed?

RookieRaceline
26-10-2017, 22:24
Both Forza and Gran Turismo have custom liveries/paints now on console. Some people even mostly use the game to paint on cars and it's a huge thing over there!

i am sure that there is a way to make this work, but it may require more server capacity/space than what is available?
If custom liveries would add extra strain on servers, i'd rather stick to what we've got, and try to improve the game performance

Aldo Zampatti
26-10-2017, 23:59
Both Forza and Gran Turismo have custom liveries/paints now on console. Some people even mostly use the game to paint on cars and it's a huge thing over there!

i am sure that there is a way to make this work, but it may require more server capacity/space than what is available?
If custom liveries would add extra strain on servers, i'd rather stick to what we've got, and try to improve the game performance

Both Forza and GT are backed by their respective console manufacturers too, so they might have some red tape removed over there :)

JoshTheGeologist
27-10-2017, 04:48
I bought GT Sport for the sole reason of the livery creator. I am addicted to making liveries. It is so much fun.

I am a season pass holder on PC2. If SMS said tomorrow they were dropping a similar livery creator and it cost 100 bucks and the season pass would not cover it, I would still buy it haha

If PC2 had a livery creator, I would not have even bought GTS

VIPR_SOA
27-10-2017, 06:47
I bought GT Sport for the sole reason of the livery creator. I am addicted to making liveries. It is so much fun.

I am a season pass holder on PC2. If SMS said tomorrow they were dropping a similar livery creator and it cost 100 bucks and the season pass would not cover it, I would still buy it haha

If PC2 had a livery creator, I would not have even bought GTS

Haha, i bought GTS for the exact same reasons!
I was like, if GTSport can do it why cant pCARS2. But im guessing they would have in the first place if it was possible. Probably a good reason behind it.

solocapers
27-10-2017, 07:42
Normally console manufacturers don't like that things can be saved and modified by the users. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it might

"Both Forza and GT are backed by their respective console manufacturers too, so they might have some red tape removed over there"

Here we go again.. "blame Sony"

What is it with this forum and the mods paranoia about GT Sport and Forza having special access no one else can get?

This is purely SMS not adding the feature. Stop blaming Sony and MS for SMS not adding a feature, its embarrassing to read. You can create custom kits and option files in PES so Konami must have special access to Sony too?? Its utter nonsense and as a mod you should really double check what you say.

JoshTheGeologist
27-10-2017, 13:54
Maybe it will be a feature in PC3. I've considered making a topic about it but I haven't yet. If we can get lots of people wanting it (and I think we already do) then there's no way they won't try to put it in PC3

banner77amc
27-10-2017, 14:00
Remember SMS has been all about focusing on making it a SIM... if we never see it on Project Cars I will still be happy with what we have.

Mrocz
27-10-2017, 19:34
The reason of not having custom liveries editor like Forza or GT Sport is memory limitation and huge amount of cars at the same time on tracks.

On PC there is no such limits. And on consoles developers have to choose between 32 AI cars on tracks or custom liveries. I am glad they chose bigger race grids.