PDA

View Full Version : Did he really think I was going to pass him on the outside at this spot?

z28phreak
26-10-2017, 20:43
It starts with the obligitory turn 1 pile-up and then skips to lap 8 when I'm passing through lap traffic. There's one special guy out there who just doesn't want to let it happen.

https://youtu.be/ZXLsZ7WBO8g

Martini Da Gasalini
06-11-2017, 21:16
The old outside to inside fakie lol
Seriously though you should have suspension damage after eating that last corner out of the sesses

davidt33
06-11-2017, 21:45
It starts with the obligitory turn 1 pile-up and then skips to lap 8 when I'm passing through lap traffic. There's one special guy out there who just doesn't want to let it happen.

https://youtu.be/ZXLsZ7WBO8g

That was sweet.

Humpty McSimes
08-11-2017, 04:40
Nice move.

On a twisty track you could mibbe get away with a bit of fair-play squirming around to hold the lead but there...ffs. He needs to take a look at himself or get out Call of Duty/Halo.

jimortality
08-11-2017, 08:14
First part of that looked so realistic!

Gix916
08-11-2017, 09:02
not exactly the end of the world. you were in a ferrari he was in a caddy...you could pass him with ease anywhere. it was only 1 corner, not as if he was intentionally blocking you for a long time. and you weren't in a battle for position so no harm done.

what looks wrong in the video is the turning the lights on and off instead of being able to flash them. (but at least we have 2 speed wipers instead!)

z28phreak
11-11-2017, 12:59
Yeah... I took a lot of liberties with ascari in that race. That suspension should have been wrecked.

z28phreak
11-11-2017, 13:07
not exactly the end of the world. you were in a ferrari he was in a caddy...you could pass him with ease anywhere. it was only 1 corner, not as if he was intentionally blocking you for a long time. and you weren't in a battle for position so no harm done.

what looks wrong in the video is the turning the lights on and off instead of being able to flash them. (but at least we have 2 speed wipers instead!)

Point is harm could have been done if he would have hit me and knocked me out of a race I was winning... and the fact that it wasn’t for position makes it even worse. It would have been fine if it was 1 time or an accident (like the first Caddy) but he did it 3 times in 1 straight. 1st Time at the 2:45 mark where he cut all the way across the track and I had to hit my brakes to not hit him, 2nd time at 2:55 when he thought I was closer than I was, and the 3rd time at Ascari which set up the inside pass. He was a dick.

Charger
16-11-2017, 14:12
No sympathy, flashing lights is impatience and you rubbed 2 people up the wrong way doing it, it's rude and obnoxious.

sbtm
16-11-2017, 14:40
No sympathy, flashing lights is impatience and you rubbed 2 people up the wrong way doing it, it's rude and obnoxious.

This is racing and not highway traffic. There is no time for patience. Flashing lights in racing has nothing to do with impatience, it's just to inform the guy in front that you are there and you want to pass (if you lap someone like in this video), it's more a safety reason. If it's a normal overtake you flash the lights to make your opponent nervous. It's a common thing, you should watch some real racing from time to time.

Charger
16-11-2017, 15:29
This is racing and not highway traffic. There is no time for patience. Flashing lights in racing has nothing to do with impatience, it's just to inform the guy in front that you are there and you want to pass (if you lap someone like in this video), it's more a safety reason. If it's a normal overtake you flash the lights to make your opponent nervous. It's a common thing, you should watch some real racing from time to time.

I do watch racing and I know it's done, it's a pet hate of mine and our club and it's annoying ;-)

z28phreak
21-11-2017, 19:32
I do watch racing and I know it's done, it's a pet hate of mine and our club and it's annoying ;-)

It happens to you a lot, does it?

Einarial
22-11-2017, 21:59
For the average person racing here, I'd generally say go for it - it lets me (the slowpoke) know that you aren't P16 while I'm P15, but P1 coming through.

I'd say it's more polite than just barging through. Like using indicators for a turn, instead of just, you know, turning.

Neil Bateman
22-11-2017, 23:05
If your lapping someone or trying to pass a damaged slower car its perfectly normal to give a quick flash, but if its for position and the fact is he is defending his position very well and you simply cant make a pass then its impatience, personaly if i were in front and the driver behind was flashing me and it was for position i would just try harder to keep him behind. Lets face it if the guy behind is much faster he will get you eventualy so let him go, if there is not much difference in pace then he has to earn that position and no amount of flashing will change that.