PDA

View Full Version : random black screen for 2-3 seconds while playing PC2 on Xbox one

PotatoMasher81
29-10-2017, 13:20
Hi guys,

I have a bit of an annoying issue and I would like some advice. When playing PC2 I randomly encounter black screens for 2 to 3 seconds while racing. The sound continues as normal, it's just the screen that turns black and then comes back up again. Very annoying when you're approaching a corner. It happens once every few hours or so. The issue doesn't happen with all games but mostly PC2 while using my trustmaster TX.

This issue started happening after purchasing a new samsung 4k HDR tv (UE55JS8000) On my old samsung tv I've never had this issue before. I've googled the issue and some say it might be HDMI cable related (I am using the standard xbox one high speed HDMI cable) but given the fact I never encountered it on my old tv, I don't feel the hdmi cable is faulty.
My Tv uses a mini connect box to connect the cables, instead of plugging them into the tv directly. Is it possible that the mini connect box causes the issue?
My xbox one is connected to HDMI port 1 (as recommended by samsung and microsoft)
TV has the latest firmware version and xbox one is also fully up to date. In a month or so I will receive my xbox one X with new hdmi cable, So I'm hoping that will solve the issue, but I'm not holding my breath.

Does anyone have experiences like this or can someone please advise?

GaryWasHere65
29-10-2017, 13:54
Seen this myself a number of time, keep thinking sim has crashed.......Possible xbox struggling to keep up. Holding back a few months before go for xbox one X to see how things develop.

PotatoMasher81
01-11-2017, 08:57
it seems the random black screens are related to the number of AI bug. I have raced for 2 hours last night while keeping the AI below 15, and I did not encounter the black screens, the ffb and handling was perfect as well. So it might be related to the hardware limitations of the original xbox one. I will do some more testing to be sure.

mossback rossi
09-11-2017, 18:53
The blank screen is most likely caused by your HDMI cable and HDR handshaking issues. Make sure you cable is premium certified to 18Gbps, once I upgraded my HDMI to the "certified premium", (you'll see the logo on the box\bag), I will bet your issues stop.

How long is your HDMI run? Mine is about 10 feet, and was able to find one on Monoprice.com.

PotatoMasher81
10-11-2017, 13:45
The blank screen is most likely caused by your HDMI cable and HDR handshaking issues. Make sure you cable is premium certified to 18Gbps, once I upgraded my HDMI to the "certified premium", (you'll see the logo on the box\bag), I will bet your issues stop.

How long is your HDMI run? Mine is about 10 feet, and was able to find one on Monoprice.com.

Nope, it's not the HDMI cable. Wasn't even using HDR before. It was the hardware limitations of the original xbox one. No more problems on the xbox one X: woohoo! The game is amazing now, ffb feels great and it handles like a dream.

mossback rossi
10-11-2017, 17:23
Interesting, as I had the One S and only had those problems when my cable was subpar, changed the cable and it was fixed. LG E6 OLED 4K screen.