PDA

View Full Version : LMP1, LMP2 and a controller

seb02
30-10-2017, 08:24
Hello, I have a problem with the LMP1 and LMP2, I said that I play standard PS4 with a controller. At the beginning of the turns, the rear escapes a little and it makes me lose speed. I used the track engineer and followed his advice. At a given moment, the supports, the suspensions can no longer be modified. Do you have any advice? Thank you

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 20:17
Hello, I have a problem with the LMP1 and LMP2, I said that I play standard PS4 with a controller. At the beginning of the turns, the rear escapes a little and it makes me lose speed. I used the track engineer and followed his advice. At a given moment, the supports, the suspensions can no longer be modified. Do you have any advice? Thank you

Hi seb, pick a car and track to work on.

Bealdor
30-10-2017, 20:24
Lower the coast ramp angle in the differential settings.

seb02
01-11-2017, 12:29
Lower the coast ramp angle in the differential settings.

thanks Bealdor.

seb02
01-11-2017, 12:31
Hi seb, pick a car and track to work on.

i tried Brno, Monza, Daytona RC, Nurburgring and Silverstone.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 12:49
Hi seb, not a lot of gamepad tunes, here is one for the Audi R18 e-tron for Nurburgring GP. The SMS cars have problems so they are rarely used on PC. The Toyota is mostly competitive at Le Mans, most other tracks the Audi easily beats the Toyota. The class just isn't popular, maybe after the patch that makes the cars more competitive people will run these more.

bubbadabutcher
01-11-2017, 12:52
there are all sorts of things that could cause that/help with that. in my experience, tuning for a controller in a proper sim is all about trying to tame the car for the inputs the controller allows.

if it happens while braking, moving the bias forward a bit is the way to go. decreasing abs on the ecu page also seems to help.

if it happen at speed, increasing rear aero can help. other things that may be worth trying are increasing front spring, decreasing rear sway, or stiffening the slow dampers. these will all affect the car's handling though, so it's probably best to make small changes one at a time and test them well. may be worth- and especially if the car feels high strung and twitchy- trying a higher steering ratio as well.

just my 2 cents. I stayed in a Holiday inn Express last night.

eta: engine braking. you can try raising it up. it can make a big difference, especially in corners where you come in hot.

blinkngone
01-11-2017, 13:05
there are all sorts of things that could cause that/help with that. in my experience, tuning for a controller in a proper sim is all about trying to tame the car for the inputs the controller allows.

if it happens while braking, moving the bias forward a bit is the way to go. decreasing abs on the ecu page also seems to help.

if it happen at speed, increasing rear aero can help. other things that may be worth trying are increasing front spring, decreasing rear sway, or stiffening the slow dampers. these will all affect the car's handling though, so it's probably best to make small changes one at a time and test them well. may be worth- and especially if the car feels high strung and twitchy- trying a higher steering ratio as well.

just my 2 cents. I stayed in a Holiday inn Express last night.

eta: engine braking. you can try raising it up. it can make a big difference, especially in corners where you come in hot.

Yeah I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of months ago, my expertise must have worn off/expired.

bubbadabutcher
01-11-2017, 13:16
no way, not with all the tunes you've been posting :). that r18 looks good, I'm going to play with it later today.