PDA

View Full Version : An idea to make the setup screens better

Atak Kat
30-10-2017, 14:17
Hello, although I like the setup screens and layout much better than PC1, I think that there is something missing. It is really difficult to understand if the numbers are on the high or low end of the range. As far as I know, the only way to know is to simply click all the way up/down the range to understand what the upper and lower limits are.

Example, if there was some sort of bar behind the numbers that could immediately help you understand where the setting was within the range of values, I would think that would be very helpful for a lot of people.

(really quick example below, I think you'll understand what I mean... in this situation ride height would be about middle of the range, where tyre pressure is already on the low end of the range). Clicking the arrows (as we do now), would change the bar as well as the numbers.

What do you think?

PostBox981
30-10-2017, 17:53
I think exactly the same. Donīt know why we lost it from PC1 to PC2. In 1 you could judge your settings at a glance.

nono782
30-10-2017, 18:54
I once said we were missing sliders but your idea is better.

Bealdor
30-10-2017, 19:33
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials&p=1379175&viewfull=1#post1379175

Sampo
30-10-2017, 20:34
You could still see the range and how much a click within the range represents, Bealdor.

peterCars
02-11-2017, 01:14
and for those settings which can be changed in game popup this too so we know what the new setting is. we get a figure for brake balance, not for other things (like ffb tone)

bradleyland
02-11-2017, 01:26
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials&p=1379175&viewfull=1#post1379175

This doesn’t seem like a very compelling argument against the min/max bars. The bar represents min/max adjustment range, not absolute value. All adjustments have limits. This is part of the foundational understanding required to effectively tune a setup.

cmd8
02-11-2017, 01:29
i would just like them to make it simpler. thats all.

bradleyland
02-11-2017, 01:48
i would just like them to make it simpler. thats all.

Unfortunately, tuning race cars is complicated. Any simulator that chooses to use real world units of measure and terminology will have a steep learning curve.

Fortunately, pCARS 2 now comes with two setups, "loose" and "stable", as well as a race engineer that can make some adjustments for you.

sisollazzo
02-11-2017, 08:04
Hello, although I like the setup screens and layout much better than PC1, I think that there is something missing. It is really difficult to understand if the numbers are on the high or low end of the range. As far as I know, the only way to know is to simply click all the way up/down the range to understand what the upper and lower limits are.

Example, if there was some sort of bar behind the numbers that could immediately help you understand where the setting was within the range of values, I would think that would be very helpful for a lot of people.

(really quick example below, I think you'll understand what I mean... in this situation ride height would be about middle of the range, where tyre pressure is already on the low end of the range). Clicking the arrows (as we do now), would change the bar as well as the numbers.

What do you think?

I think the same. It is really difficult to understand if you have low or high setting. This should be changed.

nrvn
02-11-2017, 08:19
^this