PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone formula renault setup.

dachopper
30-10-2017, 15:46
Hey guys,

It seems I am tuning something wrong in Silverstone track, the high speed right hander corner after the second straight.

AI appears to be able to take this corner at full speed.

I have tried max downforce, higher tyre pressures, I cant get the car to turn in, and that's about it. Understeer city after that . Can anyone share a setting that works to take the corner flat out ?

blinkngone
30-10-2017, 19:24
Hi dachopper, are you taking about Silverstone GP and Copse corner? It's the right hander in Sector 2 of the GP track map? At Copse you start braking at the 100 marker(I start outside, usually obliterate the foam marker but probably not a good idea in open cockpit), ease off throttle cut toward the inside by the wall and then accelerate. Not quite full speed but close. Have you tried shared setups in TT yet?

dachopper
31-10-2017, 04:32
Hi dachopper, are you taking about Silverstone GP and Copse corner? It's the right hander in Sector 2 of the GP track map? At Copse you start braking at the 100 marker(I start outside, usually obliterate the foam marker but probably not a good idea in open cockpit), ease off throttle cut toward the inside by the wall and then accelerate. Not quite full speed but close. Have you tried shared setups in TT yet?

Hi there,

Yeah, Copse corner.

When I follow the AI cars..... they do not appear to brake at all.

I can brake , or lift off earlier and coast roughly 1/2 way into the corner then gas it, the cars in front and behind pull out 5 to 10 car lengths in the entry and exit speed.

If I try not braking, and just lift off prior, understeer city onto the grass

If I lift off, then gas it to balance the car, it turns in a little better, but still my setup just doesn't go as fast around that corner compared to the AI on realistic

Even on a dry track, with the aero front and rear set to 20 units, I still cant't match the AI entry speed, so I think it's got to be something else like tyre pressure or Caster / camber setup.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 08:20
Hi there,

Yeah, Copse corner.

When I follow the AI cars..... they do not appear to brake at all.

I can brake , or lift off earlier and coast roughly 1/2 way into the corner then gas it, the cars in front and behind pull out 5 to 10 car lengths in the entry and exit speed.

If I try not braking, and just lift off prior, understeer city onto the grass

If I lift off, then gas it to balance the car, it turns in a little better, but still my setup just doesn't go as fast around that corner compared to the AI on realistic

Even on a dry track, with the aero front and rear set to 20 units, I still cant't match the AI entry speed, so I think it's got to be something else like tyre pressure or Caster / camber setup.

Hi, it looks like you are running too much downforce compared to the top 2 drivers. Their tire pressures are really different. There are issues with the AI, some will be resolved in upcoming patches, others will be more difficult to address and take longer such as balancing the AI in the rain when they drive like grannies or are too fast for some cars too slow for others. Can't you just move the slider after you have fixed your excessive downforce?

1st.
2nd.
Both have same camber.

cpcdem
31-10-2017, 09:19
I agree, do not compare yourself to the AI, instead compare yourself to real people. Just go to time trial and try to follow the ghost of some of the fast guys, not necessarily the fastest. This is the way to make sure you compare yourself to what is actually humanly possible to do with this track/car and try to improve your braking line/point you go back to throttle. About the AI, SMS said they will balance it (so more realistic lap times) in the next and future patches.

dachopper
31-10-2017, 17:01
Thanks, I didn't know you could even get to that page... I'll give it a crack tomorrow.b