PDA

View Full Version : Always losing time with mandatory pits

tipostrano
30-10-2017, 21:25
Everytime doing a race with mandatory pits, i lose time or positions too. In short races, i enter to pits, with nothing on strategy, no tyre change, no refill. And it takes 5 seconds of nothing. It's normal? Maybe People approach pit entrance at full speed? I always slow down to limit speed before the entrance ( cones ).

milliotseb
31-10-2017, 04:01
Are you sure that your strategy does not contain any repair?
If you have no fuel/no tires, I think the only thing remaining would be that the pit crew is doing some small repairs

ZulfoDK
31-10-2017, 04:05
Are you sure that your strategy does not contain any repair?
If you have no fuel/no tires, I think the only thing remaining would be that the pit crew is doing some small repairs

With the new pit-bar for fuel, tires and damage, he should be able to see if that is what is going on...

Audi75
31-10-2017, 08:16
Pit crew will always check tyre pressures and adjust if necessary, thus takes about 5 sec

honespc
31-10-2017, 08:20
Something worse that I hadn't seen yet.

gte race at Oulton Park International. Request pit stop to change tyres; enter the pits; there is a couple of cars that also requested it like parked next to thew same pit stop crew, a message appears telling me pits are busy at the moment, and I have no choice but to leave the pits to re-enter on next lap.

Why was one pit crew for everyone only?, shouldn't each car have its own pit?. Never before had I seen this. Have the replay in case any dev might want to see into this in case it is an issue.

Marlborofranz
31-10-2017, 08:32
With the new pit-bar for fuel, tires and damage, he should be able to see if that is what is going on...

Aaaah, I was wondering. Because I had the same "strategy"... enough fuel, enough tyres, then do the mendatory pit stop without changing anything :P. Was also wondering why it takes time even though repairs, tyre change and refuelling was turned off.

Something worse that I hadn't seen yet.

gte race at Oulton Park International. Request pit stop to change tyres; enter the pits; there is a couple of cars that also requested it like parked next to thew same pit stop crew, a message appears telling me pits are busy at the moment, and I have no choice but to leave the pits to re-enter on next lap.

Why was one pit crew for everyone only?, shouldn't each car have its own pit?. Never before had I seen this. Have the replay in case any dev might want to see into this in case it is an issue.

I think you have one pit per racing team, so if you have a team mate that is just about being served, you have to come in another time. Maybe there should be a message warning you that your team mate entered the pits rather than letting you enter the pits just to see your team is busy... In real life your crew chief would also warn you to not enter pits because XYZ is pitting already, so you have to make another lap

milliotseb
31-10-2017, 10:23
Maybe there should be a message warning you that your team mate entered the pits rather than letting you enter the pits just to see your team is busy
There is such a message from your engineer in Pcars2. I already saw it

Marlborofranz
31-10-2017, 10:43
There is such a message from your engineer in Pcars2. I already saw it

That's handy, good to know!

But about the crew checking tyre pressures: will they use the setup of the strategy selected even whereas there is no tyre change? Because when I pit without repairs and tyre change, I am also not selecting any strategy for pitting but yet they don't change the pressure

honespc
31-10-2017, 11:07
Aaaah, I was wondering. Because I had the same "strategy"... enough fuel, enough tyres, then do the mendatory pit stop without changing anything :P. Was also wondering why it takes time even though repairs, tyre change and refuelling was turned off.

I think you have one pit per racing team, so if you have a team mate that is just about being served, you have to come in another time. Maybe there should be a message warning you that your team mate entered the pits rather than letting you enter the pits just to see your team is busy... In real life your crew chief would also warn you to not enter pits because XYZ is pitting already, so you have to make another lapIt was three of us eventually at middle race (the moment it began raining everybody left in fear as usual). I was Bentley and the other two a Ferrari of course and a Porche respectively. The race was GT3 not gte as I said in the previous post, mistake.

When I entered the pit the one already pitting car with that crew that was also dedicated to me was the Ferrari, so we couldn't be from same team. The Porche had another crew ready for him at the latest box, but the Ferrari and I had the same box and same pit.

Issue?, I have replay if necessary

Kingleo
31-10-2017, 11:48
I've had this happen also with just 5 cars in the race. I thought maybe my request was too late.

Or it could be this...
https://youtu.be/Z6rzwgZLrQQ?t=5s