PDA

View Full Version : Audo R8 GT3 Car Setup Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway

Chandra Gunawan
31-10-2017, 03:46
Hi.. I am newbie in project cars and basically know nothing about car setup... Please someone can help me, how can I get a faster cornering in Laguna Seca using Audi R8 GT3 as I noticed almost Pro AI can turn at higher speed in the corner without under-steer issue.
While mine, every time I tried to push throttle a bit the my car would be gone wide... my best lap time stuck at 1:29 while world record using same car is 1:16... wow what a gap!
Oh ya, I am using controller pad in PS4 Pro.
Thank You so much...

rich1e I
31-10-2017, 13:55
On consoles we can't filter leaderboards by car class. We have 1 leaderboard for all GTs, so that 1:16 time should be a GT1 car which is much faster than a GT3. A 1:29 at Laguna Seca isn't too bad though considering you're playing with a controller.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 16:25
Hi.. I am newbie in project cars and basically know nothing about car setup... Please someone can help me, how can I get a faster cornering in Laguna Seca using Audi R8 GT3 as I noticed almost Pro AI can turn at higher speed in the corner without under-steer issue.
While mine, every time I tried to push throttle a bit the my car would be gone wide... my best lap time stuck at 1:29 while world record using same car is 1:16... wow what a gap!
Oh ya, I am using controller pad in PS4 Pro.
Thank You so much...

rich1e I
31-10-2017, 17:37
Hello Mr. blinkngone, very nice that you share your setup. There are a few things I find interesting, diff for instance. Would you recommend to turn on clutch lsd only? Also 0% radiator and 0% brake ducts. Is there a special reason for that? In my case I can't open the radiator wide enough as I used to get engine damage for overheating the engine.

blinkngone
31-10-2017, 18:04
Hello Mr. blinkngone, very nice that you share your setup. There are a few things I find interesting, diff for instance. Would you recommend to turn on clutch lsd only? Also 0% radiator and 0% brake ducts. Is there a special reason for that? In my case I can't open the radiator wide enough as I used to get engine damage for overheating the engine.

Hi rich1e I, it's not my setup, I posted the one Hideaki uses in TT because console players have difficulty using the TT leaderboards to share setups. I chose his because he is using a gamepad and the OP uses a pad as well. You can choose which LSD you want to run, I use both Geared and Clutch but for the majority the Clutch is mostly used and others are trying the Geared, not many using both. He is in Time Trial so if you are going to race the ducts need to be opened up. You can either turn damage off to race or if you run damage on you have to take care of your engine by slowing down.

rich1e I
31-10-2017, 20:46
Hi rich1e I, it's not my setup, I posted the one Hideaki uses in TT because console players have difficulty using the TT leaderboards to share setups. I chose his because he is using a gamepad and the OP uses a pad as well. You can choose which LSD you want to run, I use both Geared and Clutch but for the majority the Clutch is mostly used and others are trying the Geared, not many using both. He is in Time Trial so if you are going to race the ducts need to be opened up. You can either turn damage off to race or if you run damage on you have to take care of your engine by slowing down.

Ah ok my bad then, I just scrolled through quickly and noticed brake ducts and radiator settings. That's actually a really good time and just a blink of an eye from #1 time. I use both Geared and Clutch too.

cpcdem
31-10-2017, 22:59

For time trial, you can safely completely close the radiator, gives you a little bit of extra speed without danger. Not sure if you need to disable damage in your settings in order to be safe. For races with damage enabled, yes you cannot completely close the radiator. For brake ducts, I think people are closing them because in the first game this was also giving some extra speed, but in my tests with GT3 cars at least, there's no such advantage in PC2.

About the diffs, I personally use only the clutch diff, in order to keep things simple. I'd personally prefer it if only one diff was available, for each car the diff that is available in RL in this car, but it's not designed this way in PC2. Minor inconvenience in my opinion.

rich1e I
01-11-2017, 13:41
For time trial, you can safely completely close the radiator, gives you a little bit of extra speed without danger. Not sure if you need to disable damage in your settings in order to be safe. For races with damage enabled, yes you cannot completely close the radiator. For brake ducts, I think people are closing them because in the first game this was also giving some extra speed, but in my tests with GT3 cars at least, there's no such advantage in PC2.

About the diffs, I personally use only the clutch diff, in order to keep things simple. I'd personally prefer it if only one diff was available, for each car the diff that is available in RL in this car, but it's not designed this way in PC2. Minor inconvenience in my opinion.

Yup I totally agree. I would've preferred too that only the types of diffs that the cars have in RL were available, the rest should be just greyed out. I need to re-read the diff thread because i think Jussi mentioned something about what diffs GT3s use.

Chandra Gunawan
09-11-2017, 03:36
Wow amazing, it would help me a lot buddy... Thanks a lot for this detail setup, I really appreciate it.