PDA

View Full Version : PC2 and G29 with shifter

MrA2theK
31-10-2017, 09:58
Hi guys & gals,

I received my replacement G29 yesterday (under warranty funnily enough haha) and added the shifter to the package whilst I was at it.... Boom! Having the shifter just adds to the immersion of the game and I love it.
A whole new driving style required with the clutch etc... only a few missed gears honest hahaha
The wheel feels a lot more solid than the last one as well, maybe they changed the design in the last 2 years (I am hoping they changed the 7-pin plug issue as well). A massive improvement.

So with all the negative posts that seem to be happening I just wanted to add a positive from my perspective. Keep up the good work SMS, it really is good.

Race on

Sean

Zaskarspants
31-10-2017, 10:06
Yes, I agree. I find having the gears off the wheel means I concentrate more on steering rather than finding the correct paddle, this can be clumsy at wheel rotational extremes.

I also urge people to try the elastic band mod for sequential action. I put my gears on the stick even when paddle sequential, I find it much better.

MrA2theK
31-10-2017, 10:12
What elastic band mod would that be then?

Zaskarspants
31-10-2017, 10:24
You need two longish elastic bands, the postal workers drop them in my street. Double one and hook it around the tightening knobs for the clamp and the front of the lever. The other is not doubled and round back of lever and underneath the front of the changer to the clamp underneath.

Push the little leather bag down a bit and fiddle with band tension untill the leaver returns to the middle properly.

Remap changes so '4' is up and '3 ' is down.

Look on you tube too, but those often use rubber 'o' rings that you need to buy, I found the rubber bands worked fine and are easily available from the postie. They are about 170mm long and 5mm width.

Albertsen
31-10-2017, 11:22
This mod?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeRCeR_bb7A

Zaskarspants
31-10-2017, 11:33
This mod?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeRCeR_bb7A

Yes. My arrangement is very similar.

Shogun613
31-10-2017, 13:50
If you find the brake too far away from the gas pedal when your blipping during downshifts, you can unscrew the face of the pedal and move it over so you can reach the gas with the side of your foot easier...