PDA

View Full Version : Does SMS plan to add playmates to some of old cars?

Andy Booth
01-11-2017, 06:57
While racers who enjoy driving GT3 cars and Prototype cars have lots of choice, what about people like me who love driving the old classic race cars and in particular the Lotus 49, the Lotus 72 and the Lotus 98T.

It would be wonderful to have cars of the same era you could race against

But I guess it's not going to happen since servers running those old cars are few and far between.

Is it a chicken and egg situation? People dont drive those cars because there isnt a choice which means they are not used on servers so there is no demand for alternate cars to race against.

Come on, the Ferrari 312 for the Lotus 49, the McLauren M23 or the Ferrari 312B for the Lotus 72D and the Ferrari F1/86 or the McLaren MP 4/2 against the Lotus 98T.

With the mod world of Assetto Corsa there are historic cars to race against but the physics can be questionalble. If SMS could add some variety to the classic car rosta it would really just put the icing on the cake.

Oh and I do wish somebody would implement a 6 wheel Tryell that would really make me a happy, happy man.

But I guess it's just a pipe dream.

Andy

LukeC
01-11-2017, 07:03
While racers who enjoy driving GT3 cars and Prototype cars have lots of choice, what about people like me who love driving the old classic race cars and in particular the Lotus 49, the Lotus 72 and the Lotus 98T.

It would be wonderful to have cars of the same era you could race against

But I guess it's not going to happen since servers running those old cars are few and far between.

Is it a chicken and egg situation? People dont drive those cars because there isnt a choice which means they are not used on servers so there is no demand for alternate cars to race against.

Come on, the Ferrari 312 for the Lotus 49, the McLauren M23 or the Ferrari 312B for the Lotus 72D and the Ferrari F1/86 or the McLaren MP 4/2 against the Lotus 98T.

With the mod world of Assetto Corsa there are historic cars to race against but the physics can be questionalble. If SMS could add some variety to the classic car rosta it would really just put the icing on the cake.

Oh and I do wish somebody would implement a 6 wheel Tryell that would really make me a happy, happy man.

But I guess it's just a pipe dream.

Andy

I think Pcars2 desperately needs Ferrari single seaters. Especially 90s and 2000s v12s and v10s, peak-era F 1.

Dealman
01-11-2017, 07:23
I think SMS really messed up going from PCARS1 to PCARS2 in terms of vehicle/class selection. Any class was just removed entirely for no apparent reason.

What they should have done and still should do, is implement the ability for vehicle whitelists. Let us specify allowed classes and/or specific vehicles. There is no harm in opening up PCARS2 to allow a bit more freedom, it allows for more variety which means better replayability.

PCARS really does take itself a bit too seriously at times. While sometimes a good thing, it also harms the game tremendously.

Siberian Tiger
01-11-2017, 07:26
No one messed up, you Guys knowing how licensing works? It's mostly the Manufacturer which decides which Car the Like to have Ingame.
SMS is only able to tell them a Whishlist...

Further, yes there are more Vintage Cars planned....

And last, the Picking of specific Vehicles was a big wish, but unfortunaly it's not possible due Memory Constraints... (Perhaps due Console i don't know)

Tank621
01-11-2017, 07:38
A list of cars we have evidence for being possible DLC additions
Sources available here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51275-Upcoming-DLC-Teases-and-Speculation&p=1354515&viewfull=1#post1354515

Cars

Audi
Audi S1 Eks (Rallycross) (Fun)
Audi Sport Quattro S1(Group B Rallycross) (Fun)
Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2016) (LMP1) (Le Mans icons)

Citroen
Citroen DS3 (Rallycross) (Fun)

Ferrari
Ferrari FXX K (Track Day A)
Ferrari F12tdf (Road)
Ferrari 488 Challenge (Ferrari Challenge)
Ferrari 250 Testarossa (Vintage GT Touring B) (Le Mans)
Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta (Road)
Ferrari 512 BB LM (Group 5) (Le Mans)
Ferrari F355 Challenge (Classic Ferrari Challenge)
Ferrari F40 (Road)

Ford
Ford Bronco RTR (Off Road Trucks) (Fun)
Ford Bronco Brocky (Off Road Trucks) (Fun)
(Presumably the same)
Ford RS200 (Group B)

Porsche
Porsche 961(GTO or Group 5) (Le Mans)
Porsche 991 RSR (GTE) (Le Mans)
Porsche Carrera GT (Road)
Porsche 917 Langheck (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
Porsche 908/03 (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
Porsche 917/10 (Vintage Prototype A)
Porsche 917K (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
Porsche 935/78 (Group 5) (Le Mans)
Porsche 959 S (Road)
Porsche 919 Hybrid (LMP1) (Le Mans)

Renault
Renault 5 (Group B)

Toyota
Toyota TS050 Hybrid (LMP1) (Le Mans)

SMS
SMS RWD Dunester (Presumably Off Road) (Fun)

Thanks for the edit Tiger, that's a good idea

Dealman
01-11-2017, 07:44
And last, the Picking of specific Vehicles was a big wish, but unfortunaly it's not possible due Memory Constraints... (Perhaps due Console i don't know)

That's a bummer, though, I am genuinely curious as to how this comes down to memory constraints? I'm not claiming it's false as I've no idea how the engine works under the hood. Just that it seems rather peculiar.

Realistically one would expect it to be an array of what cars are allowed, if the car is not in that list - prevent it from being picked. Surely some of this logic is already in place since you can set the filter to specific classes? Or even multi-classes.

Again I want to emphasize that I'm not saying it's wrong or bullocks, I'm actually genuinely curious.

Marlborofranz
01-11-2017, 12:41
This threat title, though. Imagine playboy playmates and pin up girls next to the vintage cars on the grid. :rolleyes:

TorTorden
01-11-2017, 18:23
Memory constraints sounds odd.
I would have thought it was more about the work needed to study the car, have test drivers test them etc etc.

it's not just a matter of stuffing a car into an industrial sized laser scanner and taking some pictures.

Dealman
02-11-2017, 05:17
Memory constraints sounds odd.
I would have thought it was more about the work needed to study the car, have test drivers test them etc etc.

it's not just a matter of stuffing a car into an industrial sized laser scanner and taking some pictures.

We were talking about setting up lobbies, though. What cars people can pick to drive. For example a server with only karts and the raptor. :cool: