PDA

View Full Version : Bug - tire wear in garage during practice

sp3ctor
01-11-2017, 17:13
You are probably getting tired of my weird tire wear bug questions/reports but...

COTA in the Toyota LMP1 car. I let the car sit in the garage because I had to do a couple things and I like to let things run to rubber the track in. The car was on and used fuel appropriately, but somehow it wore the tires down by about 2/3rds just sitting there. The car hadn’t done any laps or even been driven because I had done ‘return to pits’ then ‘drive’ but I hadn’t pulled out of the garage.

Obviously not a huge deal, but yeah.

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:23
You are probably getting tired of my weird tire wear bug questions/reports but...

COTA in the Toyota LMP1 car. I let the car sit in the garage because I had to do a couple things and I like to let things run to rubber the track in. The car was on and used fuel appropriately, but somehow it wore the tires down by about 2/3rds just sitting there. The car hadn’t done any laps or even been driven because I had done ‘return to pits’ then ‘drive’ but I hadn’t pulled out of the garage.

Obviously not a huge deal, but yeah.

I'm doing a gt4 qualy right now. I've left the garage, stalled outside and killed the battery. Car is stationary. Time now is 1823 GMT and there's 23 mins left. Standby..

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:35
1833 GMT No wear to report so far. Temps have stabilized at ambient.
I have just noticed my pitwall area has Slightlymad at the bottom though. Nice touch guys :)

honespc
01-11-2017, 17:35
Crazy issues are crazy.

Same with snowy Nurburing combined on Audi R8 V10 plus with ice tyres. I go back to pits and moment I leave the previous wear of the tyres before returning to pits during practice will not only continue to be there after again leaving the pits, but the tyres will be worn even further. Engine damage also ports over in case you dont reload your setup after returning to pits.

I reported this issue some weeks ago. It's just LeLz

One workaround is to re-reload your setup everytime to get to pits, not just when beginning a session. Sometimes however even after re-reloading on pits you will get out of them with some tyre wear and damage too.

It's so tiresome to come across these issues over and over. Hope the wait for the next patch is worth but I have many doubts all the issues related to setup will be ever sorted. They simply don't seem to be able to fix all the issues regarding setups, or maybe it's too risky for them. The fact the game was released with the setup section broken completely and didn't get fixed in the latest patch is very telling.

The greatest factor for so many folks leaving on a daily basis and the online community getting smaller week after week has precisely most to do with the setup mayhem.

sp3ctor
01-11-2017, 17:36
Try staying in the garage. When the guy tells you to go, don’t.

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:38
Try staying in the garage. When the guy tells you to go, don’t.

That's what I've done. Sat here staring at crew chiefs groin..

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:42
Ive just noticed i can turn the lights on with the ignition off. That can't be right? It's getting harder not to fiddle with stuff. Still no wear, it's on real by the way.

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:46
These garages definately need more stuff in them..

rich1e I
01-11-2017, 17:47
I've heard this kind of stuff in the AC forum for the 1st time concerning PC1. I tried and couldn't confirm that. People said that the PC1 tyre wear was linear to time and not to actual driving, or something like that. I don't believe this was the case in PC1 and I don't believe it is in PC2.

Keena
01-11-2017, 17:48
And that's the end of qualifying folks. No tyre wear to report in this particular experiment, but nice to notice my pit wall having slightlymad written on it. The garage is boriiinng..

iggy
01-11-2017, 18:02
Now if I could just get my tires to warm up by sitting in the pits... I could go do something productive during that time, rather then make 7 laps around the course on the slippery buggers while I try to get them up to temperature.

sp3ctor
01-11-2017, 18:06
Hmmm I’ll try to replicate when I get home. I also had an AI get stuck backwards off track just sort of sitting there trying to turn back onto the track. I freed him up by shoving him back onto the track...

Keena
01-11-2017, 19:01
Hmmm I’ll try to replicate when I get home. I also had an AI get stuck backwards off track just sort of sitting there trying to turn back onto the track. I freed him up by shoving him back onto the track...

You are too kind. ;)
I'm off to work tomorrow and wont be online until tomorrow night, and then only my phone. Ill look forward to reading the results.

sp3ctor
02-11-2017, 01:26
Ok, I reproduced it. I was slightly wrong on the conditions. I have not tried this on any other track (yet). I'm in the Toyota LMP1 car at COTA. I set up a long qualifying, went out a did a lap then did "return to pits." DO NOT click on drive after that, but keep the screen up with all the times of AI drivers. Wait a while - like 30 minutes to an hour. Click drive and your tires should be worn.

I admit this is rather specific and likely not to be a big problem but yeah. I'll send a picture of the HUD when I'm not two gin and tonics into the evening.

Keena
02-11-2017, 05:13
Good spot. At least it shows that tyre wear out on track is legitimate and that tyre wear while in menu is pptentially bugged. I suppose by loading your setup again just before leaving it removes the wear?

honespc
02-11-2017, 11:19
This is why I told you to re-reload your setup everytime you come back to the pits, not just at the beginning of each session.

Engine wear and damage are also carried over to your next steam if you don't reload, not just your tyres getting worn the more time you spend on pits, but with the particularity that your engine will overheat like 20x faster and so will do your tyres, that if you don't burn your engine first.

In short. You come back to pits, you reload your setup again in order to avoid this also LeLz issue.

Bealdor
02-11-2017, 11:31
This is why I told you to re-reload your setup everytime you come back to the pits, not just at the beginning of each session.

Engine wear and damage are also carried over to your next steam if you don't reload, not just your tyres getting worn the more time you spend on pits, but with the particularity that your engine will overheat like 20x faster and so will do your tyres, that if you don't burn your engine first.

In short. You come back to pits, you reload your setup again in order to avoid this also LeLz issue.

Sometimes I'm really wondering if I'm playing a different game than you. I never experience the car setup related issues that you're reporting.
Are you using one of the default Loose/Stable setups by any chance?

honespc
02-11-2017, 12:42
Sometimes I'm really wondering if I'm playing a different game than you. I never experience the car setup related issues that you're reporting.
Are you using one of the default Loose/Stable setups by any chance?Happened to me twice already on a Porche GT3 standard (no 24hr) at the Combined Nords three weeks ago, and yesterday on the same track but snowy (season snow, the Christmas day has to be : - D) on an Audi R8 V10 plus. All damage and tyre wear carried over the next time I left pits, but the engine wear and tyre was increased by at least x20 after leaving (burned the engine with radiatior 100% open).

On the audi i was using OEM setup but of course modified. On the Porche GT3 the loose setup but tuned too.

The only workaround for this is re-reload previous saved setup in the same session before leaving pits. Sometimes it won't be enough with reloading once and you will have to do it twice. It's just a joke.

Why the should i lie?, there's a staggering number of issues related to setup, and not just to that , so what's so weird about this one after going through all the other broken setup stuff on a daily basis?, this game is so great but it feels so mind souring already.

Bealdor
02-11-2017, 12:45
I didn't say you were lying.
But the only difference I could've think of was that you possible could've used one of the SMS setups without resaving them (there's a known issue with this) which I don't.

honespc
02-11-2017, 12:49
That actually happens with any setup tune that you don't resave, not just with default SMS setups. Any setup you can make has by force have to come from any prior SMS setup, either loose oem or stable, so the glitch is always there.

Bealdor
02-11-2017, 12:52
That actually happens with any setup tune that you don't resave, not just with default SMS setups. Any setup you can make has by force have to come from any prior SMS setup, either loose oem or stable, so the glitch is always there.

Not for me. My custom car setups always gets applied directly after loading. No need to resave.

honespc
02-11-2017, 13:08
The first setup I get loaded is always the last one i used for that car, sms or not. Still, you're better off revising it for then resaving again, just in case given the absolutely desperating situation we have to live with when it comes to setups with this game.

I can not fathom why a system like this where you have to always save a setup after loading, that to begin with. How can the setup system in this game being so flawed?, how come this wasn't top priority target fix during those seven QA testing months?

The setup/physics system PER CAR is just so screwed that fixing it will lead to much trouble on other areas of the game, right?, that is why it never got fixed, neither during the game development, nor during those seven months, and still isn't after the last patch.

Would it be too rude asking one simple question from the point of view of just one humble player such as myself?, are all these issues related to setup going to be ever fixed?, have they all been already dealt with in the next patch?. Thanks in advance.

Bealdor
02-11-2017, 13:13
I can not fathom why a system like this where you have to always save a setup after loading, that to begin with. How can the setup system in this game being so flawed?

This is what I meant. It's not happening to me.
I start the session, click on load setup, choose the one I want to use and leave the pits. No need to resave a loaded setup unless I change something.

Would it be too rude asking one simple question from the point of view of just one humble player such as myself?, are all these issues related to setup going to be ever fixed?, have they all been already dealt with in the next patch?. Thanks in advance.

There'll be fixes for the setup saving function in the next patch. I don't know if all issues will get fixed with it though.

JasonB
02-11-2017, 14:34
This is what I meant. It's not happening to me.
I start the session, click on load setup, choose the one I want to use and leave the pits. No need to resave a loaded setup unless I change something.

There'll be fixes for the setup saving function in the next patch. I don't know if all issues will get fixed with it though.

Thank you for the update. Do you know if the tire temp issues with Formula rookie, Ginetta, etc. will be fixed, too? I ask because selfishly that's my biggest pain point ATM.

sp3ctor
02-11-2017, 15:17
Good spot. At least it shows that tyre wear out on track is legitimate and that tyre wear while in menu is pptentially bugged. I suppose by loading your setup again just before leaving it removes the wear?

I haven't tried reloading my setup, but I'll give that a shot. I would assume that it does because that should refresh whatever you have on the car (logically). The tires do act worn when you drive after doing that, so I don't think it's a HUD issue.

The whole point of doing this was that others have suggested that Live Track is something that takes long race events to really experience and since you can't start a race saying "rubber in the track 40%, 20% dirt and garbage" or whatever, I just wanted to let it run and let the AI get the track going to see if what happens. I'd think sitting in the garages that all wear should be off - because you aren't moving - but fuel usage and engine damage is on because the car is running.

On the other hand, I drove around Ruined Poptarts with light fog at dusk and WOW they've really improved the look of that track. It looks so much better than in PC1, it's amazing. Really impressed. I wish the hay bales would explode when I hit them... because that was the first thing I tried lol

Mahjik
02-11-2017, 17:55
I do know that it's been reported that the physics are still running while in the garage (during the menus) and the car is on. Since the car is not moving, this can cause the tire pressures to rise from the heat of the engine (and can eventually overheat since there is no airflow for the radiators). It's possible some of what you are seeing is the residual effects of this.

sp3ctor
02-11-2017, 23:13
I do know that it's been reported that the physics are still running while in the garage (during the menus) and the car is on. Since the car is not moving, this can cause the tire pressures to rise from the heat of the engine (and can eventually overheat since there is no airflow for the radiators). It's possible some of what you are seeing is the residual effects of this.

Interesting. Would this show up as “wear” though? The indicators were well below half worn. I don’t remember the temps being particularly high, but I’ll give it a look. In my other “sitting around not doing anything” tests the temperature certainly rises (as does pressure) but then they equalize and go down without creating any wear on the tires.

peterCars
04-11-2017, 01:53
And that's the end of qualifying folks. No tyre wear to report in this particular experiment, but nice to notice my pit wall having slightlymad written on it. The garage is boriiinng..

you are now entering the Twilight Zone...

(aside - I think we should get discounts based on how much SMS advertising we are exposed to in this game)

any humongous skid marks in the garage by the way?