PDA

View Full Version : Stability Settings

FreefallRLC
02-11-2017, 09:05
Iīve been trying around with different settings over the past weeks but canīt come to a satisfying solution.
My problem is about the driving aids and stability control especially. In general I prefer the "authentic" setting. That a car should have the driving aids like the real world car.
If I set to "authentic" all cars are extremly nervous and almost impossible to drive without continously spinning out sooner or later.
Before you say my driving is too bad, I should drive more careful and slow and I should tweak with tires and tire pressure.... all did that! My driving is fine and, if I drive SUPER carefull and like 100% correct, The car wonīt spin out. But the problem is that itīs not always possible to drive 100% correct, especially if the AI seeming to be having less problems and you have to chase them still. So itīs really hard to finish a race without problems.
All cars, no matter of old ones or new ones (which would have the aids factory intstalled,) are very nervous with authentic Stability control. Oversteeing when slightly too fast, spinning out. A Laferrari yesterday on California Highway is going left and right and "swimming" on a straight in full speed like a bar of soap in a wet bathtub.
This behaviour is somewhat correct for a sim, of course. But on authentic setting WAY too extreme if you ask me. If i set Stability Control to "on," all these problems are gone. Cars drive like on tracks and, even If I extra oberdo it and full throttle out of corners, hard braking and steering etc, i barely manage to get the tires to skidd ot the car to spin out. So the Authentic is way too hard and the on is way too easy. Would be good if there was some setting in between. Or the Authentic a bit less tough. Anyone else have the same problems?

danowat
02-11-2017, 09:17
Being able to have some granularity in the stability control would be a good thing IMO.

Egg90
02-11-2017, 09:24
Go to Edit Setup under ecu/engine. At the the very bottom check your abs and TC settings. I didn't know these were here till the other day, when in Authentic you can adjust the levels of the assists.
100% TC setting equals no TC, while 0% abs equals no abs.

Edit: Ah never mind, you're talking about SC, is there no setting for that in there somewhere too?

danowat
02-11-2017, 09:38
Go to Edit Setup under ecu/engine. At the the very bottom check your abs and TC settings. I didn't know these were here till the other day, when in Authentic you can adjust the levels of the assists.
100% TC setting equals no TC, while 0% abs equals no abs.

Edit: Ah never mind, you're talking about SC, is there no setting for that in there somewhere too?

No, on/off is all you get.

Madmazz116
02-11-2017, 09:55
Iīve been trying around with different settings over the past weeks but canīt come to a satisfying solution.
My problem is about the driving aids and stability control especially. In general I prefer the "authentic" setting. That a car should have the driving aids like the real world car.
If I set to "authentic" all cars are extremly nervous and almost impossible to drive without continously spinning out sooner or later.
Before you say my driving is too bad, I should drive more careful and slow and I should tweak with tires and tire pressure.... all did that! My driving is fine and, if I drive SUPER carefull and like 100% correct, The car wonīt spin out. But the problem is that itīs not always possible to drive 100% correct, especially if the AI seeming to be having less problems and you have to chase them still. So itīs really hard to finish a race without problems.
All cars, no matter of old ones or new ones (which would have the aids factory intstalled,) are very nervous with authentic Stability control. Oversteeing when slightly too fast, spinning out. A Laferrari yesterday on California Highway is going left and right and "swimming" on a straight in full speed like a bar of soap in a wet bathtub.
This behaviour is somewhat correct for a sim, of course. But on authentic setting WAY too extreme if you ask me. If i set Stability Control to "on," all these problems are gone. Cars drive like on tracks and, even If I extra oberdo it and full throttle out of corners, hard braking and steering etc, i barely manage to get the tires to skidd ot the car to spin out. So the Authentic is way too hard and the on is way too easy. Would be good if there was some setting in between. Or the Authentic a bit less tough. Anyone else have the same problems?

I honestly beleive your problem lies in here .. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55672-Reported-DS4-issues-apparent-steering-saturation Because of this issue the cars oversteer massively , hence you turn into a corner and the car oversteers , you try to correct that and over correct it, hence the car becomes twitchy. You cant strike a balance in that that you cant steer into a corner "carefully" , so your always losing the back end. Just my opinion .

TorTorden
02-11-2017, 10:16
I have done most of my time without assists at all.

some cars get a little nervous and some just dont have assists at all.
Caterham, formula x etc, they certainly don't handle different with assists to off or on authentic.

But I can drive most cars fairly quickly win no assists.
Even though I consider myself a medium to poor racer.
But I have a g29 wheel.
I would seriously not bother playing this game with pad what so ever.

danowat
02-11-2017, 10:21
I would seriously not bother playing this game with pad what so ever.

Whether you would or you wouldn't is besides the point, it's sold to console gamers where the vast majority don't have a steering wheel, so the driving should "work" on a pad.

Roger Prynne
02-11-2017, 10:27
Lets not get into a pad versus wheel here guys.

FreefallRLC
02-11-2017, 10:46
Iīm using wheel (T300RS)
Some cars are easier, some have more of these problems of course. The more powerful cars and older ones more hard to control, of course. just feel that "authentic" is too extreme and "on" way too easy. Some cars are even hard to drive in a straight line. Like a LaFerrari with full throttle on the highway part on Cali Highway. Always fgelt like skidding around and almost loosing control.

honespc
02-11-2017, 15:12
Cars like LaFerrari are not meant for going sideways even on Hard compounds, unless you're Chris Harris of course. Try to mount the softs on these beasts and race kind like you would do on a racing car, but drifting when needed and as good as you can.

Even on a wheel these are challenging, but so rewarding as well