PDA

View Full Version : Looking for smoother ffb settings

JoshTheGeologist
03-11-2017, 10:15
Before I start, I would like to acknowledge that yes, I understand that GT sport is much more of a simcade, and pc2 is a true simulator.

Be that as it may, I'm having a much harder time finding a comfortable feel with my wheel in PC2.

I have never been happy with my FFB settings in PC2, but I figured it was the best I could do. When I got GT sport however, I got very jealous. The default settings for GT sport feel so good on my Thrustmaster T150. The wheel doesn't thrash about and it is just heavy enough, but doesn't inhibit me from turning.

With PC2, it doesn't feel like that at all. Everything always feeled jagged. The wheel thrashes sometimes and makes a lot of movements. I thought it was clipping, but even with default settings, this still happens

Additionally, when I get loose in GT sport, I can usually save it by steering the other way. Anytime I get loose in PC2, I cannot save it. The wheel just goes crazy.

I know PC2 is a Sim and it is trying to model so many things, but all these feelings I get in the wheel are overwhelming to me. Anybody have a solution?

CoproManiac
03-11-2017, 10:17
Try this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Madhun67
03-11-2017, 10:21
I got great answers in this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55631-T300RS-FFB-should-it-be-like-this&p=1399359&viewfull=1#post1399359

i ususllay play Rallyx ,and i found that with 50/30/100/15 settings the cars feel great

Zaskarspants
03-11-2017, 10:28
I find that the level of detail in the FFB on PCars is much higher than other games i play(ed), this may be what you are describing. Other games feel underwhelming but it was certainly shock at first.

Immersive is the most dramatic for me with raw and informative feeling lighter.

Ravager619
03-11-2017, 16:57
I'm using a T150 and I've finally hit on something that works for me. I just tried it out while running the Ford Mustang RTR GT4 in Time Trial and it worked great for me. Here's a couple of screenshots with my settings.

JoshTheGeologist
03-11-2017, 19:54
I'll be sure to give all of these a try when I have free time. Thanks for the help! If anyone else has settings, I'd like to see them as well

Gloomy
04-11-2017, 00:51
Lower volume, raise tone, lower fx,keep doing this I'm increments until you get it as smooth as you like. Start with something like v 50, t 60, fx 40. Then try v 40, t 70, fx 30. Note the differences you feel and go from there.

bradleyland
04-11-2017, 03:28
I'll be sure to give all of these a try when I have free time. Thanks for the help! If anyone else has settings, I'd like to see them as well

I'd definitely recommend against randomly trying a bunch of settings you find on the forums. The problem is that not everyone understands the settings they are changing, and there is a quite a bit of misinformation out there.

Everyone's FFB preferences are different, so you'll want to get a basic understanding of what the settings do, then make adjustments to try and zero in on your own preferred settings.

I have never been happy with my FFB settings in PC2, but I figured it was the best I could do. When I got GT sport however, I got very jealous. The default settings for GT sport feel so good on my Thrustmaster T150. The wheel doesn't thrash about and it is just heavy enough, but doesn't inhibit me from turning.

With PC2, it doesn't feel like that at all. Everything always feeled jagged. The wheel thrashes sometimes and makes a lot of movements. I thought it was clipping, but even with default settings, this still happens

This sounds like too much FX to me. FX is kind of difficult to describe, but essentially, it translates vertical forces into increased FFB. This means that going over bumps will come through as FFB force. On circuits with a lot of elevation change, dips will really load up the FFB with mid to high FX values. I run 30 or less on FX, because I don't like this "peaky" sensation either.

Try turning FX to zero and see if that feeling goes away. Then bump it up in increments of 5 to get a feel for how much FX you really want.

Additionally, when I get loose in GT sport, I can usually save it by steering the other way. Anytime I get loose in PC2, I cannot save it. The wheel just goes crazy.

This one is more challenging, because every driver is different. Basically, you need to figure out if you find catching oversteer easier with a high-tone or low-town FFB setup.

Changing tone adjusts the balance between Mz forces and Fy forces. I know this seems complicated, but you should definitely understand what these two forces are as you begin to adjust tone.

I actually recommend trying out both high-tone and low-tone settings, even if you immediately like the first one you try. You may find your initial impression is not the one you'll prefer long term.

I also feel that a tone setting of 50 is a poor compromise. The problem is that you end up with Mz and Fy forces competing with each other. This is, of course, all personal preference.

Check the FFB Info link in my signature for more details. Madhun67 also posted a link in post #3.

Some recommended high-tone and low-tone settings to try:

GAIN/VOLUME/TONE/FX

75/35/90/15

75/60/35/15

I don't run a T150, so you'll have to experiment with those a bit. Basically, you want to decrease volume as you increase tone. Volume will adjust the "curve" of FFB forces though, so you may need to adjust gain up or down to get FFB strength in the range you need.

Good luck!

FxUK
04-11-2017, 11:03
<Snip>
I actually recommend trying out both high-tone and low-tone settings, even if you immediately like the first one you try. You may find your initial impression is not the one you'll prefer long term.

I also feel that a tone setting of 50 is a poor compromise. The problem is that you end up with Mz and Fy forces competing with each other. This is, of course, all personal preference.

Check the FFB Info link in my signature for more details. Madhun67 also posted a link in post #3.

Some recommended high-tone and low-tone settings to try:

GAIN/VOLUME/TONE/FX

75/35/90/15

75/60/35/15

I don't run a T150, so you'll have to experiment with those a bit. Basically, you want to decrease volume as you increase tone. Volume will adjust the "curve" of FFB forces though, so you may need to adjust gain up or down to get FFB strength in the range you need.

Good luck!

With my TX, initially I was using a higher tone, around 65... but recently, I have gone the other way and I know feel I have a perfect FFB setup (although I am using Jack Spades custom files too)

I have found Gain: 100, Vol:55, Tone:35, FX: 15 to be amazing, I am feeling so much more of what the car is doing compared with before and forces seem quite balanced overall, so much so that it has been an absolute game changer and feels very realistic (for me) ;)

bradleyland
04-11-2017, 13:59
With my TX, initially I was using a higher tone, around 65... but recently, I have gone the other way and I know feel I have a perfect FFB setup (although I am using Jack Spades custom files too)

I have found Gain: 100, Vol:55, Tone:35, FX: 15 to be amazing, I am feeling so much more of what the car is doing compared with before and forces seem quite balanced overall, so much so that it has been an absolute game changer and feels very realistic (for me) ;)

I did the same exact thing :) Started out with high tone, ended up with low tone.

peterCars
05-11-2017, 01:46
worth mentioning here, I only discovered it last night... but on the telemetry hud with the ffb those numbers are the settings for the FFB and they DO change in game as you change them according to controller configuration buttons/keys. it's sounds basic, but it is an important thing to discover and makes a big difference to explore the settings in real time efficiently.

bradleyland
05-11-2017, 03:15
worth mentioning here, I only discovered it last night... but on the telemetry hud with the ffb those numbers are the settings for the FFB and they DO change in game as you change them according to controller configuration buttons/keys. it's sounds basic, but it is an important thing to discover and makes a big difference to explore the settings in real time efficiently.

Indeed. The FFB widget is awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/cOSlR2R.png (https://imgur.com/cOSlR2R)

torsteinvh
05-11-2017, 05:21
This is with the RAW flavour, right?

FxUK
05-11-2017, 08:48
This is with the RAW flavour, right?

No, its with Custom - JackSpade Standard Mid Comp
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

bradleyland
05-11-2017, 15:45
Just a heads up, there is no custom flavour available on consoles, so FFB advice from PC users has limited utility on console... unfortunately :(

xtro
05-11-2017, 19:22
I've been messing with the ffb this morning again. I too was looking for something a lot smoother but with still some bumps and road details. Im on PS4 w T300RS btw... here's my solution :

Immersive

Gain -- 30-40 (mine at 38)
Volume -- 50
Tone -- 100 (this is what will give you the smoothness -- try it at 0 50 and 100 if you dont believe)
FX -- 20

Controller Damping 0
Speed Sensitivity -- 0 to 20 (mine is at 6)
Steering DZ -- 0 (1 if you get oscillation in some cars -- looking at you evil AMG C63!!)
Steering Sensitivity -- 50

been doing some dry and wet sliding sessions with this.. feels great! Enjoy :)

Alywan
06-11-2017, 07:55
Controller damping when you play with a wheel ? Typo ?

xtro
06-11-2017, 13:40
Controller damping when you play with a wheel ? Typo ?

no try changing those sliders they do impact the wheel too (on consoles at least).. especially speed sensitivity and damping

ProCorvette73
11-11-2017, 14:18
I typically race with either GT3, GTE or LMP900 on Project Cars 2. Here are the settings I use with my Thrustmaster TX.

Configuration:

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 65
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 65
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: 50
Damper Saturation: 60

FFB:
Flavour: RAW
Gain: 95
Volume: 75
Tone: 95
FX: 70
Menu Spring Strength: 0

With these settings, my driving is incredibly smooth and I rarely experience shaking of any kind. But I still feel all the bumps and enjoy every part of the track. Hope this helps!!!