PDA

View Full Version : Awesome 1 hour multi-class race at Daytona Road Course

Javaniceday
03-11-2017, 16:15
I tried a quick race, full practice, full quali, 1 hour race, LMP1 and GT3 (I was in the GT3 class), x5 time progression, accelerated tire wear, 102 AI skill and 45 aggression.

It was perfect. Everything worked. The LMPs were clean when passing, the cars all pitted when it was necessary, close racing throughout the field, the sunset over the ovals, and seeing the headlights out in the distance as cars went over the banked ovals in the distance.

You guys gotta try it.

milliotseb
03-11-2017, 17:13
You forgot date and race start time ;)
Will try for sure

FxUK
03-11-2017, 17:24
I have suddenly become addicted to fairly long multi class races on Nordschleife combined (need those pits).
But, I tend to not actually race (properly) instead I put on some lower classes and just thoroughly enjoy lap after lap after lap of what almost feels like a touristenfahrten experience, with accelerated time so I can enjoy both day and dusk ;)

Edit: During those, I have observed some nice AI behaviours, including the odd AI mistakes etc. Great fun!

Trabbant
03-11-2017, 18:02
What a great idea! Re-create 'ring track days...

I just set up a road car multi class me in a 911 and the rest all lower class road cars but with AI level right up. Passed a Mustang and some others that I couldn't ID but then was struggling to keep up with an EVO driver who was caning it.'

I'm captain slow around most tracks so it's a good way to do some 'within limits' driving and still be keeping up with fast AI drivers.

Alan Dallas
04-11-2017, 04:30
I tried a quick race, full practice, full quali, 1 hour race, LMP1 and GT3 (I was in the GT3 class), x5 time progression, accelerated tire wear, 102 AI skill and 45 aggression.

It was perfect. Everything worked. The LMPs were clean when passing, the cars all pitted when it was necessary, close racing throughout the field, the sunset over the ovals, and seeing the headlights out in the distance as cars went over the banked ovals in the distance.

You guys gotta try it.
My 1st quick race at Daytona Road Course was a 2.4hr(2hr 25mins) multi-class(LMP1, LMP2, and GTE). Toughly enjoyed it in the Ford GT GTE. However my arms were like rubber by the end of it.

GenBrien
04-11-2017, 14:48
I'm doing it right now: 24h in 1h, with 4 classes

but for me, until it'll be fixed, its the end of ''random weather''

Blizzard @mid summer with temp @24C (75F) no thx
Hope that it'll get fix
I understand that livetrack 3 is cool and all, but snow/ blizzard should be only available to some region if you select ''random''

Zeem
04-11-2017, 15:28
I'm doing it right now: 24h in 1h, with 4 classes

but for me, until it'll be fixed, its the end of ''random weather''

Blizzard @mid summer with temp @24C (75F) no thx
Hope that it'll get fix
I understand that livetrack 3 is cool and all, but snow/ blizzard should be only available to some region if you select ''random''

Yeeeaah. The first time I chose 'Random' weather was also the last time because of this. There really oughta be at least some degree of realism to it.

RC-5PO
04-11-2017, 16:09
The Great Blizzard of 1899 dropped snowfall in Florida. So it could be considered a realistic part of random weather. :D