PDA

View Full Version : Gamebreaker

RookieRaceline
03-11-2017, 17:26
What is the definition of gamebreaker issues?
I think one of them is turning into one for me..

Invincible
03-11-2017, 17:43
A gamebreaker for me is when I am literally unable to play a game by any possible means.
Like a boss is unkillable but mandatory to kill to proceed.

Roger Prynne
03-11-2017, 17:43
Give us a clue

Aldo Zampatti
03-11-2017, 17:56
Imagine you get in your car in the morning, want to got to work/school and the car won't start... That's "deal braking" (game braking in our case). The product can't accomplish its goal.

Now, the Air Conditioning doesn't work... it's hard to drive in a hot day, but it will get you from A to B.... This is not game breaking :)

RookieRaceline
03-11-2017, 18:57
I guess it's not always so black & white...
For some it might be one thing for others an other..
It's the first time i turned the game off, because i felt it was useless to try again, and that, i think is a game breaker for me..

I'm mainly struglingwith connectivity!
Game gets stuck in post qualifyingscreen
Game crashes to welcome screen
Game force closes back to xbox home screen
Lag & Stutter during racing

My latest race (and the one that made me close the game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mca5O2EDwDI&feature=youtu.be

3 x 5sec penalty and drive through, before even getting conrol of the car. Also notice all the lag/framedrop/stutter!

RookieRaceline
04-11-2017, 20:20
One more thing, that just made me ragequit (and get points penalty) is the big performance and handling difference between qualifying and the actual race (online). For me, and in this particular race, it went from qualifying 6th to being last after 2 laps, and going off the track 3 times on lap 3...

snipeme77
04-11-2017, 20:52
I guess it's not always so black & white...
For some it might be one thing for others an other..
It's the first time i turned the game off, because i felt it was useless to try again, and that, i think is a game breaker for me..

I'm mainly struglingwith connectivity!
Game gets stuck in post qualifyingscreen
Game crashes to welcome screen
Game force closes back to xbox home screen
Lag & Stutter during racing

My latest race (and the one that made me close the game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mca5O2EDwDI&feature=youtu.be

3 x 5sec penalty and drive through, before even getting conrol of the car. Also notice all the lag/framedrop/stutter!

Playing on Xbox one in a nut shell

snipeme77
04-11-2017, 20:54
If I pay my hard earned cash for a game, and something occurs where I don't want to play that game anymore, or I'm not enjoying myself? That's Gamebreaking...

RookieRaceline
04-11-2017, 21:38
If I pay my hard earned cash for a game, and something occurs where I don't want to play that game anymore, or I'm not enjoying myself? That's Gamebreaking...

Well - we've got a gamebreaker here then!
I'm on F1 now steaming off and might be a bit less active on Pcars 2 until the next patch I think..

davidt33
04-11-2017, 22:41
Imagine you get in your car in the morning, want to got to work/school and the car won't start... That's "deal braking" (game braking in our case). The product can't accomplish its goal.

Now, the Air Conditioning doesn't work... it's hard to drive in a hot day, but it will get you from A to B.... This is not game breaking :)

Worse than that, imagine you set up a hot date with a cutie-pie, all excited and salivating to hit it towards the end of date, and when time comes to wet the whistle the chicken doesn't stand up. Now that's what you call a gamebreaker.

RookieRaceline
05-11-2017, 21:02
Today was even worse than it has been for a long time!
Most of it seems to be related to server issues though!?
Connections to lobbies being unstable, people having issues with their cars not handling the way they should (could this be setups not loading right?)
Setting of lobbies not saving or being enforced, Host could not press Continue at the qualifying results page.
Also had this weird screen pop up in the middle of one of the public races I joined.

We also had this strange flickering of the cars, that were set ti GT4 in the lobby settings, but the car was locked to GT1 from the previous race and could not be changed. We started the practice session, and tried to change the cars through the lobby feature but did not work either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxn72ZdDX4

And this game freeze when going back from a lobby that turned out to be racing, even though it said Qualifying in the session selection. This happens often and needs a game restart to get away from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRIHh23BkE

These are game breakers for me and many of the people I race with honestly! The whole lobby I was in, switched to AC after this, but I turned it off and wrote this post. Hope things will get better soon...

RookieRaceline
07-11-2017, 18:59
After a couple of days I'd give it a try again today and had 3 game crashes already.

2 x join a lobby that is in race, when exit instead of spectating it freezes.

1 x while loading the race from lobby, It goes into a scratch sound and force closes game back to home screen

Schnizz58
07-11-2017, 19:06
SMS define it as Invincible did above. I (and I think most users) define it differently. Each of us have something that we want to get out of the game. It's probably not the same for any two players but we all derive some level of enjoyment from some aspect of the game or else we wouldn't play it. So when it gets to the point that I'm not getting that enjoyment out of the game, even though in the strictest sense I'm not prevented from playing it, to me that's game breaking. It means that I'd rather be doing something else.

RookieRaceline
07-11-2017, 19:18
Today's gamebreaker though, after all the bugs, was the difference in handling and performance between qualy and the actual race (gt3, Catalunya, online 5 car lobby)

And yeah... I'd much rather spend time getting frustrated at my driving mistakes and practicing at getting better, instead of spotting and managing issues with the game. I still think that it once in a while is an awesome game withinfinite potential. But I keep turning it off in frustration

Mahjik
07-11-2017, 19:23
Gamebreaker means it's an issue which stops any part of the software to be used. i.e. trying to load any session (online or offline) the game crashes. If it just stops part of the software from being used, then it's technically not a gamebreaker but it's highly undesirable.

RookieRaceline
07-11-2017, 19:56
Gamebreaker means it's an issue which stops any part of the software to be used. i.e. trying to load any session (online or offline) the game crashes. If it just stops part of the software from being used, then it's technically not a gamebreaker but it's highly undesirable.

Sorry.. That doesn't make sense.. It might sound better when said, but when read it just looks like you're stating two similar cases where one of them is a gamebreaker.. I think i understand what your saying though..

Schnizz58
07-11-2017, 20:01
Sorry.. That doesn't make sense.. It might sound better when said, but when read it just looks like you're stating two similar cases where one of them is a gamebreaker.. I think i understand what your saying though..

The way I read what Mahjik wrote is that if you can't do anything -- game doesn't load, crashes on startup, etc. -- that's a game breaker. If just time trial doesn't work then that's not game breaking because you can play other parts of the game. But if all you're interested in is time trial then that's game breaking for you.

JHONLEROLERO
08-11-2017, 01:55
After all this information, I can assure you that the game isn't a game breaker but... my career is broken because tyres issue :)

RookieRaceline
08-11-2017, 06:52
Yeah, these are all issues that eventually make me turn off the game feeling it's not worth the time. But I won't post any more until next patch, and hope that things work better then, even for us with a standard xboxone-