PDA

View Full Version : Please remove the reset car option

sasbel
04-11-2017, 10:38
My SR went 150 points down in 3 races, just because some player(s) who ended up in the gravel use the reset car button just as we come through the corner, resulting in a crash where i get the blame.
The baffling part is that 2 of them had B and S ratings.
And don't come telling me that it's part "of the immersion" so that you can keep racing, if you go off track you wait, even if it means that you end up last.

Mad Al
04-11-2017, 10:45
My SR went 150 points down in 3 races, just because some player(s) who ended up in the gravel use the reset car button just as we come through the corner, resulting in a crash where i get the blame.
The baffling part is that 2 of them had B and S ratings.
And don't come telling me that it's part "of the immersion" so that you can keep racing, if you go off track you wait, even if it means that you end up last.

No, it just need to register when someone uses it and hammers their safety rating for using the button

CoproManiac
04-11-2017, 10:50
I agree, host of the server should be able to have the option to disallow resetting the car. Don't think it would be that hard to implement either.

FxUK
04-11-2017, 10:54
Isn't the reset vehicle button disabled when other vehicles are in proximity? I know in career mode, It never worked until the entire grid has passed me.
So much so, that I find that its actually quicker and easier to get yourself back on track rather than using the reset button.

Either way, wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the option didn't exist. A lobby preference seems like a good idea though.

sasbel
04-11-2017, 11:00
No, it just need to register when someone uses it and hammers their safety rating for using the button

Not fair for the drivers who wait until the whole pack has passed to safely return on track, which is the whole point of this safety ratings i think...

Isn't the reset vehicle button disabled when other vehicles are in proximity? I know in career mode, It never worked until the entire grid has passed me.
So much so, that I find that its actually quicker and easier to get yourself back on track rather than using the reset button.

Either way, wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the option didn't exist. A lobby preference seems like a good idea though.

Its not disabled, car wasn't even ghosted.

Zaskarspants
04-11-2017, 11:07
Reset would avoid this if it placed you at the margin of the road, not on the road.

Atak Kat
04-11-2017, 11:08
I've had that happen tome as well. I was really surprised when it happened and at first thought it was a glitch or something. Yeah,thats annoying in multiplayer and something that should be considered.

Seems to me it should not be allowed in multiplayer, but then again maybe there is the odd situation where it makes sense. In any case, maybe the reset car should be at least ghosted for several seconds so that it doesn't cause mayhem.

Mad Al
04-11-2017, 11:08
Not fair for the drivers who wait until the whole pack has passed to safely return on track.

By the time you have waited for the field to get past, you should have been able to get the car pointing in the right direction without using a reset and without endangering others... which you would have to do if it wasn't there anyway.. the only reason for using it would be that your car has been flipped onto it's roof and is unable to make any progress purely due to not having wheels in contact with the ground.

You start off wanting it removed, now you want it to be allowed if used by people who have waited for the field to pass.. ?

sasbel
04-11-2017, 11:11
... You start off wanting it removed, now you want it to be allowed if used by people who have waited for the field to pass.. ?

Where do you read that ?
I said "safely return on track" and not "safely reset on track"

sasbel
04-11-2017, 11:16
Reset would avoid this if it placed you at the margin of the road, not on the road.

Even better: Back to the pit and start over the lap

FxUK
04-11-2017, 11:19

What about realism settings: Allow ghosted. Was this on?

sasbel
04-11-2017, 11:26
Nope

Stocky
04-11-2017, 12:30
I've never seen a reset car yet, that didn't come back ghosted.

ECAR_Tracks
04-11-2017, 12:57
"reset" car shouldn't even be considered if you're intending to create a race simulator, it's so lame.

davidt33
04-11-2017, 13:03
Burning question. Where is this "Reset Car" option or thingy you speak of?
Is it an only PC thing or is it available for PS4 console users too or not? PS4 user here. I searched when last I was in the game but couldn't find.

CoproManiac
04-11-2017, 13:16
Burning question. Where is this "Reset Car" option or thingy you speak of?
Is it an only PC thing or is it available for PS4 console users too or not? PS4 user here. I searched when last I was in the game but couldn't find.

For me, it's the 'select' key on my wheel. I'm not sure if it's a PC only thing, try and see if you can find it in the options menu. On PC it's in Options - Controls - Edit Assignments - Game - Reset Car.

davidt33
04-11-2017, 13:27
For me, it's the 'select' key on my wheel. I'm not sure if it's a PC only thing, try and see if you can find it in the options menu. On PC it's in Options - Controls - Edit Assignments - Game - Reset Car.

Thanks. I'll have another look see when next I log in. I did check there before but didn't see, unless I missed it. Will double-check again anyhow. Cheers.

Ossnott
04-11-2017, 13:36
"reset" car shouldn't even be considered if you're intending to create a race simulator, it's so lame.
+1 It don't belong in a sim.. I never have the reset car option mapped, not in any game.

nono782
04-11-2017, 13:48
The reset button never works when cars are approaching. Better, I think it’s safer than guys struggling to get back on track because when they spin, they crash other players even more.

ECAR_Tracks
04-11-2017, 13:53
The reset button never works when cars are approaching. Better, I think it’s safer than guys struggling to get back on track because when they spin, they crash other players even more.
That's not what the thread owner is reporting.

nono782
04-11-2017, 13:56
That's not what the thread owner is reporting.

Try it and you’ll see

retep998
04-11-2017, 14:06
I'm strongly in favor of having a way to disable reset car in online races.

Dynomight Motorsports
04-11-2017, 16:14
Its not a bad feature for novice drivers, but it puts you right in the freaking Racing Line, and only Ghosts you for a second. I like the idea of Dinging your points when you use it.

David Slute
04-11-2017, 22:16
Instead of removing it.....wouldnt it make more sense that if a player used a car reset option, instead of the vehicle being spawned on track it should be spawned to the pits with a damage repair time added to it or a time penalty of some sort that is greater than the avg. Lap time before being released from there pit stall.

CoproManiac
04-11-2017, 22:41
Instead of removing it.....wouldnt it make more sense that if a player used a car reset option, instead of the vehicle being spawned on track it should be spawned to the pits with a damage repair time added to it or a time penalty of some sort that is greater than the avg. Lap time before being released from there pit stall.

Ye, or let the reset button terminate pcars2.exe, send you back to desktop and uninstall Project Cars 2.

Danelite86
04-11-2017, 22:42
the easy fix to me is if you reset car it need to be on the side of the track and or off the racing line if the track has walls and ghost till your up to speed and I even thank the ghost need to not have color showing.

microlomaniac
06-11-2017, 13:11

That's exactly how iRacing handles it. Adds a "tow" time relative to how far away from the pits your car was, I think.

Better than the "reset to racing line" option, for sure.

RomKnight
06-11-2017, 13:37
I'm also on the side, that reset should tow the car to the pits (losing the current lap obviously).

And an option in MP for completely disable it is a must if you ask me.

Tepp
06-11-2017, 15:52
I'm also on the side, that reset should tow the car to the pits (losing the current lap obviously).

the easy fix to me is if you reset car it need to be on the side of the track and or off the racing line if the track has walls and ghost till your up to speed and I even thank the ghost need to not have color showing.

Unnecessary complex! "Disable Car Reset" in online options will be enough! If you flip over or lost in the woods, and cannot return to the track yourself, you have to chill in the pits. That's it.

BubbaGrace
06-11-2017, 16:38
I also believe reset to track should have an option to be disabled in online races. Having a car appear back on track is crazy. And secondly, if you make a mistake like that you should have to pay for it by finding your own way back on the track. It's the racing game equivalent of save scumming.

sp3ctor
09-11-2017, 01:36
I strongly agree with the idea of being able to disable the reset on multiplayer races. Even if the car is ghosted, one will instinctively react to a reset car suddenly appearing in front of them. It’s happened to me countless times on PC1 where someone will wreck near me, appear in front of me, and I’ll try to avoid only to wreck myself while that guy drives away. I’m fairly certain some guys have the reset mapped to a major button on their wheel so they can just constantly reset.

Herege
09-11-2017, 01:50
The simplest way is for the vehicle to become a ghost for some time, without it being possible to bother others, and after resuming the race in a few seconds will become normal. I think that in GT this happened this way.

RomKnight
09-11-2017, 17:40
Ghosting the car is something not natural (and doesn't look good in VR BTW). So it usually scares the hell out of me.

It feels like driving against someone with lag and the car showing up here and there but 50% opacity if it's the same as in TT (and looking bad if you ask me)

Reset IF allowed should send the car straight to the pitbox.

The fact that it resets stopped is even worse. Slow cars are dangerous a sudden one showing up stopped is plain stupid.

Lilfurbal
09-11-2017, 18:57
I find this feature silly in single player races, I've only ever used it on accident. I've since preferred to not have it bound to a button on the steering wheel, I wouldn't use it online or offline. It's basically an assist in and of itself but it isn't really considered an assist and you can't seem to turn it off properly. It's a feature that is fairly similar to the rewind feature, it's close enough in nature to it. Both are designed to immediately assist you in getting back on track. In multiplayer it's essentially a teleportation assist, making it possible to recover significantly faster than those who choose to drive back on track like a normal person. It's a feature I wouldn't expect in this game, and definitely wouldn't expect in online play. But if it is to exist, teleporting to the pits is better.

Brado23
09-11-2017, 19:20
The bottom line is that the reset option should only be there for times when your car is upside down stuck, or stuck off the track. It should never be able to be used for performance gains of any sort. If it is going to be kept for online which it probably needs to be for the reasons I mentioned, the respawn location and direction needs to be such that it still takes some time to recover after respawn. i.e Respawn off the track and not pointing entirely in the correct direction, maybe at a skewed angle or something. Ghost them for a while too. I've had people take me out deliberately, press reset and keep going while I am in the wall.

maxx69
09-11-2017, 19:37
We banned the use of the reset button in our community .
It's unsporting , dangerous to drivers not expecting a car to suddenly appear in front of them , it's not realistic in any way and is basically seen as cheating.
If you end up on your roof , you remain on your roof and become another feature of the track ;) .
Keeping it real

GaryWasHere65
09-11-2017, 19:58
I think the option to disable a reset is desirable for a future update, we also banned resets in our club, but it is hard to police.

maxx69
09-11-2017, 20:03
I think the option to disable a reset is desirable for a future update, we also banned resets in our club, but it is hard to police.
Our drivers are pretty good and are dead against it so are happy to report it to the stewards if they see it .
At least the option to turn it off , it has no place in a sim game

sasbel
11-11-2017, 14:43
Today again same scenario, player resets on track and i cant avoid collision + have a warning to give back the gained (?) place to a player who wasn't even close in the neighborhood, i retire because my engine blew up due to the damage of the crash, once in the pit box let the reset-er know that it's not fair, of course he is the lobby host and decide to kick me, result -35 points. Where is the fairness in this ?
Not funny anymore...

operator177
12-11-2017, 03:44
Reset should ghost your car out but we shouldn't get rid of it. I say keep it for when noobs smash you off and flip the car. You might say well in real life if you get hit and flip you're out of the race. What I have to say to that is in real life you don't race noobs and trolls who don't care about turn one. Have to find a balance between realism and keeping it fun.