PDA

View Full Version : Critical graphic issue

Flamaros
04-11-2017, 15:43
Hello,

I just update my nvidia drivers to be able to use the shadow play with my Windows 10 version. Generally I don't update often drivers, because we don't really know if new version will broke nothing.
Since I have made the update of windows 10 to the fall creator version, I am not able to capture videos with shadow play, so today I decided to update my nvidia drivers as requested to make it work again, but now in Pcars 2 the screen is blinking with green and magenta colors.
I don't have this issue with any other game.

Nvidia drivers: 388.13
Windows 10 version: 10.0.16299
GPU: 980 GTX

PS: I have kill the application because after an ATL+TAB, the screen was black when coming back in the game, so I updated the drivers just after that. I don't know if this kill may have corrupted my save file in a way that can cause this issue.

EDIT: The issue doesn't appear on the video captured by the shadow play, and I don't have it on my desktop screen. So it seems to be an issue with HDMI because my main screen is on DVI port.
I don't understand why I can display the windows Desktop without this issue and the Rise of Tomb raider runs fine on my car seat screen too.

It looks like that :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJuki-F8wg

I just found that on the known issues for this driver version by nvidia :
Issues and updates:
-Some TVs EDID reports incorrect support for 12bpc or 10pbc colors format but can't actually support this format. Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the OS now configures by default the display to its highest reported capability requesting the driver to send 12bpc or 10bpc format where it was using 8bpc in the previous release resulting in color corruptions. To avoid this issue, manually configure your display to 8bpc.

CoproManiac
04-11-2017, 15:55
I can't help you with the blinking green and magenta colors, but maybe I can help you with the Shadowplay problem. I assume you're talking about the instant replay function? If so, you have to activate it by opening the game and pressing ALT+Z.

Flamaros
04-11-2017, 16:18
I can't help you with the blinking green and magenta colors, but maybe I can help you with the Shadowplay problem. I assume you're talking about the instant replay function? If so, you have to activate it by opening the game and pressing ALT+Z.

Yes I have no issue with the instant replay or what is the name of this nvidia capturing feature.

My issue is really weird, I have it only with Pcars on the HDMI screen and in fullscreen, if I launch the game in windowed mode it is fine (but I can't play with it because of window borders).
Does Pcars 2 support the windowed borderless fullscreen in addition of regular fullscreen mode (need an answer of a developer)?

CoproManiac
04-11-2017, 17:17
I just found that on the known issues for this driver version by nvidia :
Issues and updates:
-Some TVs EDID reports incorrect support for 12bpc or 10pbc colors format but can't actually support this format. Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the OS now configures by default the display to its highest reported capability requesting the driver to send 12bpc or 10bpc format where it was using 8bpc in the previous release resulting in color corruptions. To avoid this issue, manually configure your display to 8bpc.

You can change bpc by right-clicking on your desktop, open NVIDIA Configuration panel, click on resolution

Flamaros
04-11-2017, 17:31
Downgrade to the 387.92 and it seems fine.