PDA

View Full Version : Track Limits Le Mans

belaki
05-11-2017, 00:22
Driving in Free Practice.

I'm getting specious love notes from the Race Director quite often and at some really stupid locations, all over the course. I know its Practice and it doesn't really matter. And I raced there Thursday evening and noted no issues during the race.

Anyway, of particular annoyance, in no particular order:

Entrance to Dunlop, somewhere. Its a mystery.
Exit of Tetre Rouge onto Mulsanne, if you get the slightest bit wide - you know like everyone who has ever taken that corner...
Almost anywhere on Mulsanne if you get too close to the wall(s)
All three apexes at PlayStation (or whatever they call it now). The most egregious being the exit nearing the far wall under acceleration on the return to Mulsanne, which is where you're going unless you're driving a Yugo.
All three apexes at Michelin. Seems to be enforcing the white line very strictly. Unfortunately the gap between the line and the kerb is wider than the width of the etron. As we've all been conditioned to base the racing line off the kerbs, well you're gonna get a penalty if all four feet get inside the line. You don't even have to touch the kerb. Not fun.

Indy and Porsche seem to be ok, but there may be one in Porsche somewhere around the last left hander.

Truthfully, how guys are running Lmp1 sub world record pace at this circuit in TT with these limits in effect makes me queasy.

Rant complete.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Howzabout Le Mans Historic?

Chicanes are for wimps anyway....

Alan Dallas
05-11-2017, 02:00
Track Limits are tightest in Free Practice. TT is slightly looser(but not by much) and Race sessions are the loosest just so you're aware.

belaki
05-11-2017, 02:57
Ah, SeaSonic. A man with good taste in PSUs.

Thanks for the info!

Alan Dallas
05-11-2017, 03:22
You're welcome.

P.S. SeaSonic make the only PSU's I've ever owned that outlasted the rest of my PC hardware. :) I have 2 others as well that are much older and still in use. Neither has never ever failed to deliver excellent power. :)

belaki
05-11-2017, 11:27
I upgraded to a SeaSonic a couple of system refreshes back. It took a lot of research to find out who really builds PSUs (as opposed to just rebrands them) and who actually builds the best.

JyriK
05-11-2017, 11:45
My request: Option to turn race director off in free practice.

Gregz0r
05-11-2017, 14:20
It doesn’t even need to be historic(although that would rock), just make Les Hunaudières chicane-free.

Darkdoc
06-11-2017, 02:02
Yeah, a version without the chicanes, for a 5km straight or whatever it is. Would be good for testing setups.