PDA

View Full Version : Tire setup screen graphics

Atak Kat
05-11-2017, 06:54
I stole the pic from one of blinkngone's posts in the 'setups for consoles' thread.

But I'm confused if the little graphics (the circle with the zero in the middle, and the green tire with the three temps) actually ever change or mean anything?? In my mind it should show the situation immediately before you re-entered the pits. So you can see after your last run what the situation is. But if I come back to the pits after running a few laps, it seems like those graphics are always the same? they always say my temps are even across the tire and i know from the HUD while running they are clearly not.

What are we supposed to do or use from those graphics when in the setup screens? Am I looking at it incorrectly?

ttb57
05-11-2017, 08:09
I stole the pic from one of blinkngone's posts in the 'setups for consoles' thread.
But I'm confused if the little graphics (the circle with the zero in the middle, and the green tire with the three temps) actually ever change or mean anything?? In my mind it should show the situation immediately before you re-entered the pits. So you can see after your last run what the situation is. But if I come back to the pits after running a few laps, it seems like those graphics are always the same? they always say my temps are even across the tire and i know from the HUD while running they are clearly not.

Coming from rF2 I'm confused by this also. It seems to be temps for fresh tyres????

Herege
05-11-2017, 22:50
If in fact the tire pressures are corrected more accurately while they are cold, I presume that these are pressures for when they are cold. Or else everything we learn does not really apply to this situation. I'm curious to know more details.

Rikirk
05-11-2017, 23:01
Wishfully someday, someone with inside knowledge will write a real manual for the setup tools available in this game...

crowhop
06-11-2017, 05:24
I asked the same question here...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52926-PCARS2-Car-Setup-Talk&p=1404106&viewfull=1#post1404106

Whatever those graphics are supposed to tell us is not working.