PDA

View Full Version : Oval Setup

Natero14
05-11-2017, 16:00
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the left front tied down? I have been working on a setup for Indy and Texas in a Stockcar and my left front Ride Height goes up to 1.4- 1.6 inches where my right side I can get it right where I want it betwen .1-.2. Any help please and thank you

carbag
06-11-2017, 02:27
hey, I got the same question too. commenting to get an answer as well.

PeteMason
06-11-2017, 13:58
Hey it sure makes the old brain matter hurt when setting a car up.
Well what i did for most of my GT and LMP car world records was to look at how the Dallara oval car was set up plus the other oval cars. I wrote down the differences between left and right settings and applied it to my road cars. It gave me some good record times and at least so far 4 1st places with upto 3 seconds faster. Then just test,test,test.

Good luck

blinkngone
06-11-2017, 17:13
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the left front tied down? I have been working on a setup for Indy and Texas in a Stockcar and my left front Ride Height goes up to 1.4- 1.6 inches where my right side I can get it right where I want it betwen .1-.2. Any help please and thank you

I have a set up I started working on for you. I don't know what you want the left front tied down for, here is where I'm at. The cars ahead of me are wrecking loose if you want one of those setups. There is something starge about the Texas track, there are several glitches in the track that make the times dramatically worse than real world times. One is the corner exit from 4 past the entrance to pit road that destabilizes the car for no reason and the other is the ridiculous entry into turn 1 that is completely messed up. This is why the game lap times are 2.5 seconds slower than Kurt's qualifying time this year.
Sorry, sometimes I don't see very well.