PDA

View Full Version : Very different FFB feelings from car to car

ironman
06-11-2017, 18:04
I am a quite experienced (=old......) sim-racer, I use a Ts-Pc Racer under win 10 64bit and I play without any driving aid. I have a pretty decent rig and I am quite satisfied about PCars 2.
BUT I am experiencing very different FFB feelings from car to car.
For example I feel quite well with McLaren 720S: FFB (raw flavour) is quite smooth and informative and I enjoy very much on virtual track. But if I change car, for example McLaren 570S I suddenly loose the good feeling. FFB becomes almost impossible to adjust (volume, tone etc.....) and driving experience is much worse.
Same thing happens when I come from, say, ferrari 488 gt3 (quite good ffb) to McLaren 650s gt3 (very numb ffb).
Can someone (developers please answer my curiosity.........) explain to me the reason and/or how to get a more consistent ffb feeeling ??
Thank you very much !!!

Schnizz58
06-11-2017, 18:17
Different cars should feel different. However I think they went a little too far and there is not much consistency from one car to the next. If you're on PC you'll be able to use Jack Spade's tweaker files to fine tune each car's FFB. [No such luck for those on consoles.]

RoccoTTS
06-11-2017, 18:21
Different cars should feel different. However I think they went a little too far and there is not much consistency from one car to the next. If you're on PC you'll be able to use Jack Spade's tweaker files to fine tune each car's FFB. [No such luck for those on consoles.]

You can't fine tune each car's ffb in Jack Spade's tweaker file, only global ffb.

Schnizz58
06-11-2017, 18:26
You can't fine tune each car's ffb in Jack Spade's tweaker file, only global ffb.

Thanks for the correction.

Sorry OP...

UkHardcore23
06-11-2017, 19:12
Signed up because im having the same issues, Although while it is car to car it's also track to track. Formula Rookie i can get the FFB decent at one track then move onto the next and the car all of a sudden has lost all FFB and feels like a totally different car im driving. I realise FFB would be different from track to track but it would not be so vast that it goes from FFB to no FFB at all.

Regarding the numb steering for the McLaren i totally agree but as people spoke about earlier they had a McLaren expert in so im guessing the totally numbness is just a McLaren trait.

MustangSVT
06-11-2017, 19:24
This is one area the game could be easily improved with just some simple tweaks. I'd suggest the SMS devs to have a look at FFB Clip in Assetto Corsa or the "auto FFB" option coupled with "per-car specific controls" in iRacing. In both of the scenarios, you can set a specific FFB force setting just for that car. This would go a long way to making the game feel much better on a wheel without having to change anything regarding the existing FFB system. Just a gain or volume setting per car (or perhaps both). A simple way to do this would be to make it part of the setup which is kind of what it was like in PCars 1.

ironman
06-11-2017, 19:26
I was not lucky enough to drive a real McLaren but I think it is very strange to have such great difference between 720S and 570S, and I repeat I am not speaking about car' s character but about ffb ability to communicate it to the virtual driver....
Any input is welcome !

Schnizz58
06-11-2017, 19:42
This is one area the game could be easily improved with just some simple tweaks. I'd suggest the SMS devs to have a look at FFB Clip in Assetto Corsa or the "auto FFB" option coupled with "per-car specific controls" in iRacing. In both of the scenarios, you can set a specific FFB force setting just for that car. This would go a long way to making the game feel much better on a wheel without having to change anything regarding the existing FFB system. Just a gain or volume setting per car (or perhaps both). A simple way to do this would be to make it part of the setup which is kind of what it was like in PCars 1.

I think this would be a good approach. Most of the complaints I've heard have to do with one car or another being much stronger than another one. I would expect the "character" of the FFB to change from one car to another. I would also expect the intensity of that FFB to change as well but I think maybe the amount it changes is too extreme.

poirqc
06-11-2017, 20:31
According to GT_Simms(mod), there's an FFB glitch with the RAW setting right now. When a care feels weird, try to go from Raw some something else. Save that. Go back to raw again and save it and it should be fine.

(never tested it myself).

poirqc
06-11-2017, 20:33

There may not be per car FFB right now, but i've got the say the Auto calibration that comes with Informative and immersive flavor works really well!

I've been running default Informative since couple days and i really enjoy it. 0 Hassle.

morpwr
06-11-2017, 20:44
According to GT_Simms(mod), there's an FFB glitch with the RAW setting right now. When a care feels weird, try to go from Raw some something else. Save that. Go back to raw again and save it and it should be fine.

I had that early on but its from switching between the flavors and when you go back to raw its screwed up. I think I had to delete something to fix it maybe my controller profile in the my docs for pcars2. Luckily I like raw so I don't touch it now.

senna94f1
06-11-2017, 21:10
No one including mods or Ian bell has said we have ffb problems since new patch 2.0 ps4,

I was told by above that it's meant to be like that ,nope because it was fine before patch 2.0 and ffb graph showed correct ffb,

Yes of course cars feel different that's pretty obvious and the above knew exactly what I was talking about but chose to laugh rather than say yeah we do have a problem with ffb and it will be fixed in 3.0 patch,

Please this is not oil on fire and this is a positive attitude and response, I still spend far to long try to set up ffb ,
The only way it works properly with the current patch is if u use basically the same car ,
Sorry SMS I and the rest of your fans know you are doing your utmost to make our game even better so any idea when patch 3.0 ps4 is coming out and will this have addressed the ffb issue.
Many thanks Mark

GTsimms
08-11-2017, 00:08
No one including mods or Ian bell has said we have ffb problems since new patch 2.0 ps4,

I was told by above that it's meant to be like that ,nope because it was fine before patch 2.0 and ffb graph showed correct ffb,

Yes of course cars feel different that's pretty obvious and the above knew exactly what I was talking about but chose to laugh rather than say yeah we do have a problem with ffb and it will be fixed in 3.0 patch,

Please this is not oil on fire and this is a positive attitude and response, I still spend far to long try to set up ffb ,
The only way it works properly with the current patch is if u use basically the same car ,
Sorry SMS I and the rest of your fans know you are doing your utmost to make our game even better so any idea when patch 3.0 ps4 is coming out and will this have addressed the ffb issue.
Many thanks Mark

I have posted about it multiple times. iirc this was the first time (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56059-FFB-Question-Tone-quot-Help-Text-quot-is-confusing&p=1405492&viewfull=1#post1405492). Raw save, Custom save, and Raw save!

senna94f1
08-11-2017, 03:20

This is excactly the problem I am facing,and since patch 2.0 especially on ps4 the ffb just doesn't feel right ,no matter I always buy games for life and a case of waiting.

LukeC
08-11-2017, 03:43

Many thanks Mark

Actually Ian did say that there are problems with the force feedback disappearing when the wheel is turned beyond 90 degrees. Apparently this is due to some firmware issue that they didn't anticipate, and a fix is coming in the next patch.

senna94f1
08-11-2017, 03:57
Ok GT sims I will try want you have recommended,
I am also aware that the consoles are almost max out with latest Pcars 2,

I had so much fun and met a lot of very fast and clean online people in Pcars 1 that I suppose that's what I was hoping for again, tbh I've spent so much time trying to find the right ffb feeling that I've got lost in that,
I also understood jack spades ffb settings from Pcars 1 on ps4 and they made a huge difference to way the game feels ,
So I guess I was more then disappointed they weren't included in this Pcars 2.

The ffb widget graph definitely don't match the ffb that comes from wheel where it did before patch 2.0,
Just looking for help and support so I can get back to what I enjoy the most is racing online and doing leagues.

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-11-2017, 05:03
There are different FFB sensations from car to car, because different cars produce differing levels of FFB. That's the way it should be. It's realistic. As in real life, some cars produce significantly less feedback than others. All these other so-called "sims", have fake, and unrealistic FFB sensations. Assetto Corsa especially, is a prime perpetrator of such nonsense.

Alywan
08-11-2017, 06:31
So you want to tell me, that right now, Project Cars 2 is the most "sim" of all ? (no sarcasm)

Keena
08-11-2017, 06:58
So you want to tell me, that right now, Project Cars 2 is the most "sim" of all ? (no sarcasm)

I think project cars comes closest to capturing the feel of being at a racing circuit for sure. Having been to plenty here in the U.K. The only thing missing are the smells in some cases.

It does make me laugh to read people hawking on about how "sim" a game is. These are the same people who possibly spend several hundred dollars on a wheel, despite the fact that most feedback in real life comes through your spine. This is obviously hard to replicate in a game, so if it's real life that's important I suggest you spend that several hundred dollars on a few track days or enter a cheap junior formula for a year to get some real life experience. In the meantime I don't care if project cars is "sim" or not. For me it encapsulates far more than any other game the overall experience of a race meeting. That's why I like it. If it's lacking in some way for you then I appreciate that, but really, what's the point of slagging it off? Someone else said it far better than me- I might like tea while you like coffee. Slagging off tea isn't going to make me like it any less or coffee any more....

senna94f1
08-11-2017, 07:06
Ok ok ,
No need for capital lol,

I think some of you lovely guys and gals missed the point of what I was saying,
Yes Pcars 2 is a brilliant game and I had 500 plus hours on PC and ps4 version of Pcars1 ,so I understand why and how and the whereabouts of game totally,plus running leagues,

My point was the ffb feeling is definitely different from before we had patch 2.0 to after we had patch 2.0 ,
You only have to look at the ffb widget graph to see that ,and since patch 2.0 you cannot use all of the 3 flavours,

I've also raced on real tracks and my current real race car is Honda type R with turbo,yes a turbo ,the engine is highly race turned to touring car specs , just a shame that my budget now after owning car for over 10 years doesn't allow me to race anymore lol,

I tried the ffb settings from another kind person and these seem to work and yes Ian the more tyres heat up the more ffb feeling you will get ,

Informative
Gain 75%
Volume. 33%
Tone. 60%
Fx. 20%
Spring menu 0.65%
This works for me and a lot of people as well, before patch 2.0 gain was 100% and was told always run it at 100% and only 1 flavour works now

Racing4Life
08-11-2017, 07:52
senna94f1: Your FFB-settings would be a lill more helpful if we'd know which wheel you are using. ;)

And for the screaming guy a couple of posts before, I cant concour. I've played pCARS1 myself for a very long time, and thanks to Jack Spades the FFB felt fine for each and every car. As well I've spent nearly 1k hours playing Raceroom, and I've changed the FFB dozens of time, because it just doesnt felt right. But that was never a problem as long as I had a "base line." I only needed to adjust the intensity of the FFB for each car. Assetto on the other hand, and I really dont intend to depreciate pCARS2, has imho the best FFB overall, as long as you turn all those synthetical effects off. Likewise R3E you only need to adjust the intensity of the FFB, it feels right and you still have differences with different cars, like its supposed to be. But that is just my personal opinion, which is maybe right, maybe wrong.

pCARS2 on the other hand, has plain and simple no option to adjust the FFB for each and every car, basicly adjusting the intensity for different cars should be possible. For example, adjust your FFB overall for any GT3-car, so it fits your comfortable zone, and try racing a Group A or Group 5 with the same settings. It just doesnt feel right, and its getting pretty tiring racing the same amount of time. But again, just my personal opinion.

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-11-2017, 09:33

Yes, without a doubt. Project Cars 2 is the most realistic driving simulation you can buy right now. None of the other sims simulate physics and the environment to the same depth. As far as physics goes, the closest competitor is rFactor 2, but that as well falls short of what has been achieved with Project Cars 2 thus far.

As for FFB: It's quite good. I saw an improvement when patch 2.0 released. I use a G920. At 15% steering weight, and everything else set to 50% within the "immersive" flavour, I'm quite happy with FFB, and pleased with the realistic FFB variations from car to car. Of course, it would be great to allow others to tune FFB for each car individually. I won't make use of such a feature though. I hate the idea of tuning FFB to perfection on the Nissan GTR, only to be disappointed whenever I drive the car in real life.

Zaskarspants
08-11-2017, 10:55
I enjoy the ffb changes with different cars. I find a very few too light or heavy, so I adjust the volume slightly if needed.

G920, raw, 100, 50, 65, 100